This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    Why is everyone assuming that Sam and Jack won't both be together on Atlantis? Did I miss something on GW saying that they're not? I don't understand all the negativity on the thread? We asked for RDA back and he's coming back and now you still want what? Please guys give me a clue why everyone is so down because I don't get it. If TPTB lanks our chains in Season 10 then I'll go to war until then I'm just going to sit back and place my trust in RDA and AT to get the job done.
    First of all, we thought we'd have RDA for a few episodes in SG-1, and now it turns out he'll be in only two - one of them being the fun episode '200'. Secondly, in the spoilers for his episodes in Atlantis
    Spoiler:
    it doesn't look like Sam will be there too, and doesn't look like there'll be any place in the stories for any ship.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed that something good happens in the one SG-1 episode that we don't have spoilers for yet.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      I haven't posted here as much in the last few days because of all the negativity...I've got exams coming next week, and I come here to cheer up.

My advice? Well I did a thousand word rant in my livejournal and I felt much better. I think others should think about doing the same
      Well, this is my fun place too, and my 'home' thread, but these spoilers coming out affect Sam and Jack ship, therefore I would like to discuss them with my fellow shippers.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
        that was Past and Present-the one with Linea as Kyra the scientist with the long curly hair.
        Thanks. I couldn't find any good ones though.

Well I have to get to class. Geometry is calling me...

Be back later!

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
          Excellent post Trupi - I agree. I think we shouldn't be disheartened yet. There's a long way to go until July, and there's only so much info can be gained from spoilers. Mostly they are to tease us and provoke discussion. We've all said this at various times over the last year - and probably more, and here we are, still discussing it! We might not like the way the tptb operate, but it's still working! Maybe not all of us will watch S10, but you can guarantee that even those of us who don't will be avidly awaiting any hints of ship that get posted here.

Keep your chins up people! It ain't over by a long shot. We got ship in S9! We weren't forgotten about even though it seemed that Jack was! I don't believe we'll be forgotten about or ignored in S10 either!

*Yep, those glasses are still working *
          I don't know if you've read any of the spoilers for S10, but I'm going to post the link for the episode called Company of Thieves. Please be warned there are spoilers here!
          Here is a little excerpt.The part I have bolded is yet another example of why I am not happy with these spoilers...
          Spoiler:
          Elsewhere, the rest of SG-1 is onboard a cargo ship, wearing undercover clothes. The cargo ship is not in the best shape, with an extraordinarily loud engine and defective stabilizers which give a rough ride. Daniel and Vala meet with Borzin, someone Vala knows from the past to find out about what happened to the Odyssey. Borzin pretends to want to help, but ends up capturing the two to bring before Amateo for bounty. They are brought onboard the Odyssey where Amateo is watching over Carter as she makes repairs. He has his eyes on Carter for other, more personal, reasons as he finds her attractive. Borzin demands payment for capturing Amateo, but Amateo quietly orders Solek to kill him. Daniel and Vala try to reassure Carter that everything was going according to plan.

I hope you now see why I am very unhappy with this. I have waited so long for my ship to come in, and I was so excited about RDA returning, but when I read this sort of thing I just want to cry!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            I'd like to think that we all contribute and achieve a balance among our opinions! I'm the half-full glass person. But, I have my foot in reality when it come to TPTB and Ship portrayal. TPTB are STINGY with the Ship!!!!!!!!! Arrrrrrgh!!! **stomps feet**yells**@$%#@$&#** But yet, I have hope!!! **calls 911 for Emergency Ship counseling**
            Glass half full, glass half empty. Makes no difference till they let us drink the darn thing! Its like they keep waving the glass around, "are you thirsty, wanna drink".

~A poor little wilted and thirsty blueiris I am~
            sigpic
            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I agree with both Rogue and Pittsburghgirl I would love to be totally optimistic and not care really where the chips fell and be totally happy with wherever they fell because of all that we had, but I can't and I would be faking if I did. I guess when you hit that wall, and it may be different for each person, you start questioning a little more, less trusting, reading between the lines and trying to keep your eyes so wide open so as to spot that wall before you hit it again. I am thrilled for all of you that no matter what the news you walk away with a positive spin and sometimes you have changed my mind and yet sometimes I don't get it, but I don't leave because you are so upbeat, on the contrary I enjoy your opinions. I honestly can see the reasons that some people are down and I can understand the reasons and wants to stay upbeat. Trust me all of us here would love to be doing nothing else but squeeeeing as evident with the RDA return, the monday commerials, and AT comments, we don't do it on purpose, speaking for myself I think we are just being very cautious and don't want anyone else to have that dazed look after hitting the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
                THINK POSITIVE GUYS! TPTB have screwed us over alot in the past but we've kept the faith! Don't let them get you down! Love will prevail. And hey, if season 10 turns out to be the last season, maybe RDA will agree to one more episode and appear in the last one? Who knows, the writers are usually quite good at keeping major spoilers under wraps, and hey, finally giving us the shippyness we've all so desperately craved for 10 years is one HECK of a spoiler, so maybe they are fooling us and keeping it all a big secret.

KEEP POSITIVE!!!!!!
                This is the one thing keeping my hope up. As you say, it would be one heck of a spoiler, so I'll keep my fingers crossed....yet again!
                sigpic

Comment

afternoon everyone

got my little miss positive hat on today mainly because i just watched WoO and it remindes me of how good jack/sam ship is, and it makes me hopeful.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                    I don't know if you've read any of the spoilers for S10, but I'm going to post the link for the episode called Company of Thieves. Please be warned there are spoilers here!
                    Here is a little excerpt.The part I have bolded is yet another example of why I am not happy with these spoilers...
                    Spoiler:
                    Elsewhere, the rest of SG-1 is onboard a cargo ship, wearing undercover clothes. The cargo ship is not in the best shape, with an extraordinarily loud engine and defective stabilizers which give a rough ride. Daniel and Vala meet with Borzin, someone Vala knows from the past to find out about what happened to the Odyssey. Borzin pretends to want to help, but ends up capturing the two to bring before Amateo for bounty. They are brought onboard the Odyssey where Amateo is watching over Carter as she makes repairs. He has his eyes on Carter for other, more personal, reasons as he finds her attractive. Borzin demands payment for capturing Amateo, but Amateo quietly orders Solek to kill him. Daniel and Vala try to reassure Carter that everything was going according to plan.

I hope you now see why I am very unhappy with this. I have waited so long for my ship to come in, and I was so excited about RDA returning, but when I read this sort of thing I just want to cry!
                    Bev, I have a quezy feeling in my stomach because I just read the spoilers for the SGA ep The Real World.
                    Spoiler:
                    Why is RDA in a Liz heavy SGA ep? I just don't have a good feeling about this. I hope RDA return doesn't backfire in our face.

Maybe we are jumping the gun with these spoilers, but I was hoping RDA was going to be used in other ways.
                    Last edited by Rogue; 04 May 2006, 09:19 AM.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Hey Shippers !! Man am i feeling down about the latest spoiles to surface and the lack of ship factor ( i'm still getting around the fact RDA's onlygonna be on 2 Sg1 epps and 3 Atlantis
                      But i gotta admit i am kinda excited for RDA's Atlantis eppies !! **ducks**
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm still kinda miffed that it look's like Sam won't be goin with him but the actual plot of the ep look's quite good to me. Plus it sounds like we're in for some good old Jack angst and that's always good to me cos then we get to see RDA flex those fabby acting muscles of his

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        Bev, I have a quezy feeling in my stomach because I just read the spoilers for the SGA ep The Real World.
                        Spoiler:
                        Why is RDA in a Liz heavy SGA ep? I just don't have a good feeling about this. I hope RDA return doesn't backfire in our face.

Maybe we are jumping the gun with these spoilers, but I was hoping RDA was going to be used in other ways.
                        I agree with you about the Atlantis episode you mention. As to your next point- I don't get it either. I really wonder what TPTB are thinking. Why aren't they using RDA on SG-1, with the team (a family) he's been with for over eight years? Why are they using him to bolster up Atlantis, and working with a cast he has no real history with?

The potential was there for some great SG-1 episodes, and the ship we so desperately want, but they seem to be squandering his time (yet again!).

Is it because Atlantis is in trouble, and needs a ratings boost that they think RDA will bring?
                        Is it because having Jack back will remind people of the 'real' SG-1 and all the good shows from eight years?
                        Is it because having Jack back will show up how utterly incompetent Mitchell really is?
                        Is it because TPTB have been smoking crack, and now live in some drug-induced happy state? (I'm only joking )
                        sigpic

Comment

keep positive shippers!
                          personally im so glad that jack is coming back that im not too negative that sam isn't actually going to be there! i am a bit sad though

(what? i didn't say i was completely positive!)
                          THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
                          Spoiler:

Comment

OT...sorta

Oma...did you get my PM?
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'm hopeful we will get something but I am beginning to think that for me personally my imagination and the fanfics are going to resolve the ship far better than TPTB. Other than a wedding I'm not sure that TPTB can come up with something that everyone wil be happy with. Jack and Sam are together and have been ever since Threads. Wooo HOoo I love my little world.

Comment

i found another song that is very sam and jack, (well at least i think so...)

"Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year"

Are we growing up or just going down?
                                It's just a matter of time until we're all found out
                                Take our tears, put them on ice
                                Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light

We're the therapists pumping through your speakers
                                Delivering just what you need
                                We're well read and poised
                                We're the best boys
                                We're the chemists who've found the formula
                                To make your heart swell and burst
                                No matter what they say, don't believe a word

Cause I'll keep singing this lie if you'll keep believing it
                                I'll keep singing this lie

We're traveled like gypsies
                                Only with worse luck and far less gold
                                We're the kids you used to love
                                But then we grew old
                                We're the lifers here till the bitter end
                                Condemned from the start
                                Ashamed of the way
                                The songs and the words own the beating of our hearts

Cause I'll keep singing this lie

take our tears, put them on ice
                                There's a drug in the thermostat to warm the room up
                                And there's another around to help us bend your trust
                                I've got a sunset in my veins
                                And I need to take a pill to make this town feel okay

The best part of "Believe" is the "Lie",
                                I hope you sing along and you steal a line
                                I need to keep you like this in my mind
                                So give in or just give up
                                [x2]

now some people may not think so, but i think that is a great song.

w00t
                                THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X