Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey i was just listening to my i-tunes and heard another song that i love and i think would be perfect for sam and jack ......................

"Collide" by Howie Day What do ya's think

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
      Why thank you Darlin!!!! I looked all over but couldn't find one (except for the Jack/Teal'c one).
      I heard that Garth and Trisha song the other day too and I loved it!
      No problem! Check out her site. She has loads of wonderful S/J vids!

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_E
        Hey i was just listening to my i-tunes and heard another song that i love and i think would be perfect for sam and jack ......................

"Collide" by Howie Day What do ya's think
        I hear that one alot too and have wondered the same thing. Its a great song for them.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
        http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
          Yeah. That's one of the reasons I stopped watching FS when it was originally aired-the games with the ship really annoyed me. I didn't end up finishing the series till a couple years later, on DVD.

I don't want Sam and Jack jerked around like that. I don't see why they would feel they had to, even if they were afraid they couldn't write a believable established romance. Sam and Jack, and their sory together are only a small part of SG1-they're not the main focus. Their story doesn't have to effect the main plots and drama...other than add to them.
          you know, you're bringing up a very interesting subject.

so i need help.

i've been using farscape as an example of perfect ship writing (going from ust to rst). but is it 'really' that good then, if you guys are saying how miserable it was making you?

would we have liked to have seen sam and jack get together earlier, if we would have been put through one situation after another to split them up only to bring them back together? were we better off the way the ptb handled things for sam and jack then?

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Why thank you Darlin!!!! I looked all over but couldn't find one (except for the Jack/Teal'c one).
            I heard that Garth and Trisha song the other day too and I loved it! Amazing vid, thanks Gwen! I so love the vids that have sound clips in them too, I think it adds so much to the vid. This vid brought tears to my eyes too, it is one of my fav songs w/ my fav ship.
            I definitely second that, I absolutely it when sound clips are added it just adds to the emotions and the ship and awwww

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

I just heard a song I had to share with my shipper family. I was listening to this really, really old cd my mom has it's like old school country, anyways, it comes on and at first I'm like "CHANGE THE SONG BEFORE MY EARS BLEED!" Then I sat back and listened to the lyrics and it was so perfect for a shipper song it went something like "a little less than lover's but a little more than friends" THat's all I remember sorry, but I thought it was so perfect for a S/J song cause their supposed to only be friends. But their not. It's beautiful.

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

i realy see this word "movie"
                oh stupid movie
                no, no, this not good for shipy, because if TPTB talking about movie, S&J going to hell , again, and again, my hope for resolution S&J in 10. season going to ...
                sigpic

Comment

Okay found another song-

After All-Cher & Peter Cetera

Well here we are again
                  I guess it must be fate
                  We’ve tried it on our own
                  But deep inside we’ve known
                  We’d be back to set things straight

I still remember when
                  Your kiss was so brand new
                  Every memory repeats
                  Every step I take retreats
                  Every journey always
                  Brings me back to you

Chorus:
                  After all the stops and starts
                  We keep coming back to these two hearts
                  Two angels who’ve been rescued from the fall
                  And after all that we’ve been through
                  It all comes down to me and you
                  I guess it’s meant to be
                  Forever you and me
                  After all

When love is truly right
                  This time it’s truly right
                  It lives from year to year
                  It changes as it grows
                  And oh the way it grows
                  But it never disappears

Chorus

Always just beyond my touch
                  Though I needed you so much
                  After all what else is living for
                  Whoa
                  Chorus

I think this descibes them perfectly, considering the rumors that abound too.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
                  http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Okay found another song-

After All-Cher & Peter Cetera

Well here we are again
                    I guess it must be fate
                    We’ve tried it on our own
                    But deep inside we’ve known
                    We’d be back to set things straight

I still remember when
                    Your kiss was so brand new
                    Every memory repeats
                    Every step I take retreats
                    Every journey always
                    Brings me back to you

Chorus:
                    After all the stops and starts
                    We keep coming back to these two hearts
                    Two angels who’ve been rescued from the fall
                    And after all that we’ve been through
                    It all comes down to me and you
                    I guess it’s meant to be
                    Forever you and me
                    After all

When love is truly right
                    This time it’s truly right
                    It lives from year to year
                    It changes as it grows
                    And oh the way it grows
                    But it never disappears

Chorus

Always just beyond my touch
                    Though I needed you so much
                    After all what else is living for
                    Whoa
                    Chorus

I think this descibes them perfectly, considering the rumors that abound too.

I sooo love that song, It's on my Ipod playlist!!! I almost added that one to my list of 5 but...well...I could only choose 5 so I had to narrow it down.
                    This is such a sweet and wonderful song. One of my favorite love songs!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      you know, you're bringing up a very interesting subject.

so i need help.

i've been using farscape as an example of perfect ship writing (going from ust to rst). but is it 'really' that good then, if you guys are saying how miserable it was making you?

would we have liked to have seen sam and jack get together earlier, if we would have been put through one situation after another to split them up only to bring them back together? were we better off the way the ptb handled things for sam and jack then?

sally
                      Honestly, I think they're two entirely different situations. Farscape really was the story of John and Aeryn. BB once said in an interview, and I agree with him, that Farscape was a love story that happened to be set in a sci-fi world. I think the powers on that show felt that if they resolved John and Aeryn's on-again, off-again relationship too early, they would have nothing else to do. I don't really buy that. I think they could have continued great story telling without continuosly tearing them apart. But that's just me.

But with Sam and Jack it's different. SG1 is a show primarly about this team of normal people suddenly dealing with the sci-fi stuff in their newly expanded universe. The show just happened to have 'ship. But the ship wasn't integral to the story arcs, to the premise, or to the team (which, imo, as much as I love S/J-the team was the most important relationship on the show). So I think they could have resolved the S/J ship any time they wanted, and the show could have continued. There would have been no reason to pull them apart for dramatic effect-not when there was everything else we've seen over the last nine years for drama.

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                        My favorite song for Sam and Jack will always be "All I Ever Wanted" by Depeche Mode.
                        I've tried to look up the lyrics, but I haven't been able to find them.
                        The chorus goes:

All I ever wanted
                        all I ever needed
                        is here in my arms
                        words are very unessary
                        they can only do harm...

I think it fits them because they don't "talk" about their feelings, they're just there....

waterfall
                        Waterfall,
                        The song you're looking for is called 'Enjoy the Silence' by Depeche Mode. You should be able to find the words with this.

Oh...and by the way, I'm a big DM fan.

LJ
                        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                        Hic Comitas Regit
                        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

I don't have five songs, only two at the moment. They're both Beatles songs but the lyrics so fit Jack and Sam. (Beside the fact that I am that old, too.)

Here, There and Everywhere
                          The Long and Winding Road

I had more but lost the list in my info consolidating frenzy.
                          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                          Hic Comitas Regit
                          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                            Waterfall,
                            The song you're looking for is called 'Enjoy the Silence' by Depeche Mode. You should be able to find the words with this.

Oh...and by the way, I'm a big DM fan.

LJ
                            WOW, just listened to a bit of the song and I love it!!!! It looks like thats one I'm gonna be adding to my list of songs on my ipod!!!! Thanks!!!!

WooHoo I just hit 1,000 posts!!! And what a great thread to make it in too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                              SG1 is a show primarly about this team of normal people suddenly dealing with the sci-fi stuff in their newly expanded universe. The show just happened to have 'ship. But the ship wasn't integral to the story arcs, to the premise, or to the team (which, imo, as much as I love S/J-the team was the most important relationship on the show). So I think they could have resolved the S/J ship any time they wanted, and the show could have continued. There would have been no reason to pull them apart for dramatic effect-not when there was everything else we've seen over the last nine years for drama.
                              Completely agree with you here. The only episodes I can think of where S/J ship is the storyline are Threads and half of D&C. Take out the ship and you still have a fantastic sci-fi show where the team really care about each other. The ship is the icing on the cake (and very yummy too ). BW I think it was said that to keep viewers tuned in they have to care about the characters. In order for us to care about Sg-1, they have to care about each other. We get that in spades practically every episode. The team even cares about everyone else! Prime example, Fifth Man.

My point is ..... uh let me think for minute cos I've forgotten in my ramblings ...

Resolving the S/J ship would not in any way have detrimentally affected the success of the show or the storylines. This is sci-fi not sitcom or soap. Showing Sam and Jack in a strong relationship just adds to that level of caring that makes us care more.

Originally posted by majorsal
                              However, as to when they could have resolved the ship, I think the earliest moment was at the end of S8, and to give tptb some credit, they did have a go at that. I was ecstatic when the scene started playing and I realised they were
                              Spoiler:
                              fishing! At Jack's Cabin! Alone! (till D & T turned up anyway )
                              The regs have stood in the way for the rest of the time, and as I understood them from when they were posted the other day, there is no way around them - relationships in the same team are specifically prohibited. Besides, I've loved the angst

Now S&J are not in the same team. They are not in the same Command - although if you want to go excessively in depth into the chain thing, Jack as head of HWS is everybody's CIC.

OMGoodness! Just look at that! HWS! Doesn't even need the M does it Jack being in Washington could be a good thing afterall if that's what's happening

Got distracted there for a moment

Anyway, back to the point. I think there was a point. Ummm.....

S10 gives us the first real opportunity to get Sam & Jack together. Tptb couldn't realistically do it in S9 cos of RDA's absence despite our valiant efforts to come up with telephone calls and little asides. I really want to see it happen, not just hear about it after the fact!

So all in all, I really want Jack's appearances in S10 to give us something concrete, and then build on that in the movie. (If it ever happens and doesn't end up being the S11 finale and then tptb another 3 years to come up with another plot )

I could ramble about this for hours but I think I've gone on long enough. Hope I didn't put you all to sleep.
                              sigpic

Comment

Just a very quick question - where did the news about the movie come from? I missed that part
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X