X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pittburghgirl...I'm gonna try something...hang on
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

So far l have remained clear of the chaos that has been the ship family thread since just before THE big announcement.

I (as I said long ago) felt sure that IT was going to be an RDA return for 200 but knowing what evil *bleep*s TIIC have been of late I am trying to contain myself until I SEE the ship sailing on screen. That is not to say I will not be lurking on this here thread, having little shippy day dreams and reading fic and enjoying the pre-season but I will not count my chickens until they hatch and declare their undying love for one another.

On the other hand, if TPTB did all THIS and then left us without, I think they would be deludged with so much negative energy from every shipper worldwide and their heads would just explode.

So I place myself in the cautiously optomistic camp.

Comment

It's now uploaded her, but I don't think it's playing right

http://media.putfile.com/AT-on-Sci-Fi

you need to wait for it to buffer
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

OUR MEDAL. for all those who were there, supported those who were there, wanted to be there, REALLY REALLY wanted to be there, didn't know about it but would have liked to be, are SJ shippers to any extent, or just think it looks cool.

based on the lovely Mala's Red Badge of Courage
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            conference call

Yes we did get past 70 members (I think) last night
            Thanks suekay , I should have asked what is a conference call ? is it like a chat room? like shippers anonymous ?

Also, any reason why I can see and hear AT segment perfectly but the other 3 I can only hear the audio while the screen just shows a static image of sci-fi mondays ? As you can see I'm a zero on the left concerning modern technology

Comment

Hello, Ship Family!

Wow! What a night we had last night! We had a ship event without planning a ship event! I'm so sorry I had to bail out before the end, but it had been a VERY LONG DAY. I can't believe we were up to about 60 people last night! And there are almost two dozen people here right now!

Just wanted to say hi! I'm going to go back and read what I missed. I'll check back on the current conversation a little later!!!

Oh, and one more thing:

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

+ =

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                It's now uploaded her, but I don't think it's playing right

http://media.putfile.com/AT-on-Sci-Fi

you need to wait for it to buffer
                SueKay , works for me without any problems

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                  LOL4JACK was calling for members to organize Easter Ship but I'd say that after last night we had our SPRING FLING SHIP DAY!!!! So, I say we reserve our energies for the Annual Ship Day in July. I'm going to write a very shippy picture story...heh heh...I know, PG PG PG!!!
                  I vote with nell. What a night it was!!!

And by the end of July......we'll really have a lot of speculating (and maybe some spoilers) to talk about!!!!!

+ =

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    Yes, there are some great couples' shows where the romance, banter, flirtatiousness, squabbles, and excitement of two people in love and in a partnership have been successful. I remember some years ago **cough cough** when the series Hart to Hart was on with Robert Wagner (a hottie then and now) and Stepanie Powers (help me out here) were a husband and wife duo in work and play.

Or, Mac Millan and Wife, **cough cough** (I was a very, very precocious child when I watched these shows, honestly **fingers crossed behind back**) with Rock Hudson and fill-in-the-blank(I forget these women actresses). He was a police comissioner and she was his wife. They solved crimes and fussed with each other but romantic.

Oh, and Hill Street Blues. Remember the Captain and the Public Defender? They frequently closed that night's episode in the bubble bath together, ooooh la la. They worked hard at their jobs; they were sometimes adversarial but respected and loved each other.

OK, writers can write good ship and maintain the romance!! Let's hope that our TPTB give this their utmost attention!!!
                    In MacMillan and Wife, that was Susan St. James.....

.....who went on to star in Kate & Allie.....

.....St. James is married to Dick Ebersole, who's a big shot exec at NBC.

Ok.....my trivia contribution is over for now......

Uh.....**cough cough** I was a small child when I watched these shows too!

Personally, I think it's time for a remake of Hart to Hart.....starring you know who!!!!!

Comment

YAY! Sam and Jack!!! JACK COME BACK! Ya know what i want to see, i want to see sam and jack kiss and remember AND enjoy it!!!!!!
                      Attached Files

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                      Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                      Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freaya
                        ... I am trying to contain myself until I SEE the ship sailing on screen. ... I will not count my chickens until they hatch and declare their undying love for one another.
                        1. Someone said earlier something about J/S having an actual ADULT conversation, that in itself would be the declaration
                        2. Despite what ya'll are hoping for the 'spark remaining after the declaration.' I don't think it can be done. Ya' sure, you can say that married couple writing can still be done, but then it becomes just 'entertainment.'
                        3. What has always appealed to me about this 'ship, or any on-screen ship, is the mystery and excitement waiting for that ONE MOMENT when both characters' realize, "This is it" ....And let me tell you, my friends, I do not believe TPTB are going to show us that ONE MOMENT 'cuz it had to have happened back at the cabin (or around then).

*** There's a difference between 'falling in love' and just 'being in love.' And that's a powerful distinction when it comes to the heart of a 'shipper. I've been married 11 years. Love my guy, but oh, I remember the 'falling in love' thing.' And you can really miss that. So I can get that feeling again by living vicariously through this Jack&Sam.
                        Originally posted by Freaya
                        On the other hand, if TPTB did all THIS and then left us without, I think they would be deludged with so much negative energy from every shipper worldwide and their heads would just explode.
                        TPTB can't give us everything we want 'cuz there a lot of anti-shippers out there who they don't want to alienate either. I think they'll just try and compromise.

So Freaya, I'm sure we'll see the ship sailing, but I'm sure we'll miss out on the most important part of the journey...casting off from the dock.

"Anyway, that just happens to be the way I feel about it." [beat] "What do you think?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          Yep, I am resentful too. I feel like TPTB gave us the finger after Threads.

I am not surprised at this sudden turn of events. I told Pittsburghgirl the other day that TPTB were back peddling big time. I think they were totally shocked when Mitchell was not accepted as the leader of SG-1. So they started back peddling, well Carter and Mitchell co-lead. Now they are back peddling with the ship. Didn't we hear they had more important stories to tell.

Nell, I hope you are right that this is different. But I am going to stay with my orginal thought, I will believe it when I see it.
                          I'm with you on this Rogue. We've been here before many times, only to be let down by TPTB.
                          I am still optimistic that it will work out this time. The ratings are down, the new characters are not loved by many people, RDA wants to come back for a few episodes to tie up loose ends etc.
                          I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the writers don't blow it this time, and actually give us our ship! (and a great big honkin' kiss!)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            OUR MEDAL. for all those who were there, supported those who were there, wanted to be there, REALLY REALLY wanted to be there, didn't know about it but would have liked to be, are SJ shippers to any extent, or just think it looks cool.

based on the lovely Mala's Red Badge of Courage
                            Woo Hoo!!! Thanks for the medal!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                              Rogue-I will believe it when I see it too. However, my whole thing about season 10 is that i may tape it-but i won't watch it unless there is something to see-i have better things to do friday nite and other shows that have a lot more of what I want-and aside from good solid interpersonal relationship stuff-they have a good story to tell-something sadly lacking in season 9 of this particular show.
                              This is very true. Season 9 has been such a great disappointment to me.
                              The one thing that gives me some hope is the fact that these are the very same writers who gave us some great episodes in previous years. I can only hope that they re-discover the talent they once had, and use it to good effect with our ship.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
                                I had been thinking and discussing this w/ another shipper last nite, and here's what I'm afraid of---Are tptb doing this to get the shippers off thier back? What happens once the ship is put out there, will there ever be mention of it again? For instance "Let's do this and get it over with and move on." It seems they tried this in s9 and failed, people didn't forget, and missed it terribly. I know if it was done this way I'd be upset, I miss the interaction between Jack and Sam. I hope they do it in a way that we will still get the occasional definate nod they are truly a couple after all is said and done. Just me and my thoughts, though.
                                I also hope they keep it going since RDA is going to be around for a few episodes.
                                One advantage we have is the fact that, in having Amanda Tapping and RDA playing Sam and Jack, we have two great actors with a great screen presence and a wonderful chemistry.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X