This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm gonna contain my real enthusiasm till i get home where theres no danger of social suicide!
    Calming breaths!!! Breathe in!!! Breathe out!!! Aw, what the heck..........
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

as far as RDA's acting-I can tell you he has some range. I got ahold of the VHS copy of Through the Eyes of a Killer-let me tell you-there was nothing of Jack or Mac or any nice guy in that portrayal-he was just spooky enough in that movie to give meaning to the word psycho.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

If, and I say If RDA makes an or any appearances, it will be to finally hook up with his lady. This would be a smart move for all concerned. The new characters could now be highlighted without the shadow of the mighty O'Neill, Sam would be content, and the fans would breathe a sigh of relief. Anti-shippers represent a minority of fans and are of no importance to this story arc. Their issue is basically disappointment that Jack didn't love their favorite. Pathetic.

Jack

Comment

It amazes me, with all us shippers have been through and yes we have been through a h@## of a lot why is it that with all of the fantastic news I have been hearing I am ready to jump out of my skin? These are still the same writers that have pulled our chains, taken us for the rollercoaster ride, invented the word "vague", and yet here I am full of expectations, hope, and that old feeling of excitement because RDA is coming back, I hope!!!!! Once again my head is telling me to be careful, be very careful, and my heart, well my heart at the moment is out of control. RDA to me is the heart and sole of this show and although I know it is a "different" show now, I'm just hoping that with his return Jack and Sam can finally explore a passionate relationship. Okay my head is talking now, do you guys think that the regulations will still be in effect? They can't still drag that old blockade around can they? You guys are so right, if they waste RDA's appearance or appearances (I hope), on trivial situations I just don't think that I could take another blow. Please, please, please give his appearances meaning especially with Sam.

Comment

They are not going to have RDA return for even a brief stint unless it is to finish his and Sam's story. They would not do otherwise as it would do some damage to Browder's leadership, both as lead character and as lead star. Jack will be back only for Sam. The producers know that the shows run is coming to an end. They are running out of ideas and the actors are getting older and beginning to look bored. Even with a vote of no confidence in the writers, they know what to do. In fact, the foundation of the entire story depends on the resolution of Sam and Jack. It was never the main story, but all the others have been resolved. This last plot line now needs the attention it deserves. Only then can it properly end.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific Jack
              They are not going to have RDA return for even a brief stint unless it is to finish his and Sam's story. They would not do otherwise as it would do some damage to Browder's leadership, both as lead character and as lead star. Jack will be back only for Sam. The producers know that the shows run is coming to an end. They are running out of ideas and the actors are getting older and beginning to look bored. Even with a vote of no confidence in the writers, they know what to do. In fact, the foundation of the entire story depends on the resolution of Sam and Jack. It was never the main story, but all the others have been resolved. This last plot line now needs the attention it deserves. Only then can it properly end.

Jack
              Please, please, let tptb hear you

Comment

Jack
                I really hope your right about the jack and sam thing. it would be so great.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Jack

Jack (I love to say that name), I agree with you. A problem, as I see it, is that TPTB thought they had given us Sam/Jack resolution (as vaguely as possible, naturally) and were puzzled when shippers continued to complain. In their minds they say, "Hey, they wanted fishing, we gave them fishing, not once but twice." And so on. I'm just afraid that's the way their brains work. I just hope a light bulb goes on in their brains and they finally realize a large segment of fans were dissatisfied (this includes fans who never go on line) and want an unequivocal resolution, even if many of those dissatisfied fans do believe Jack and Sam are together.

Comment

Vacuum once in a while, load the dishwasher, hang up your clothes, put the seat down, take a few turns cooking, share the remote, ask for directions.....

Sorry, just being practical rather than romantic.

Comment

hey guys! Long time no see, i've missed my shipper family. I hae a confession to make which may explain my absence. I haen't actually watched any of season 9. I miss RDA!! And don't get me wrong i love amanda, the first few were accidental missings, but then theone time i remeber and turn oer what do i see THE NEW GUY HUGGING SAM!! and i think "They wouldn't, they couldn't" suddely makde sam fall or this guy?!?! So I didn't watch again, but now hearing that RDA may be coming back is so exiting i nearly p'd myself!!(i managed to hold back) I may have to start watching again, I just miss him and teh chemistry so much!!!! Love to you all I hae also made some music ids to remind us of the good old days let me know i you want to see them! x

Amyxx

Comment

Jack
                        I would hope so. If only to do honor to the characters. I read the novelization of the Star Trek Nemesis movie over the weekend (novelization by J.M. Dillard based on screenplay by John Logan). In the introduction John talks about how he'd been a ST fan since he was a small boy & the process he went through in writing it. Here's the thought I had to share because it immediately struck me in relations to Stargate: "Captain Picard and his shipmates are too vibrant and vital to be trapped in a little time bubble called the Enterprise, never growing or changing, perpetually going on new missions until the end of time."And John tried to honor the past of the ST:TNG characters while still giving them new challenges, even marriage for Troi and Riker who apparently would be serving on the same ship after leaving the Enterprise.

But where John Logan wanted Nemesis to show the characters growing and facing new challenges while honoring their past, there's been no honor in this way in S9 of SG. IMOHO of course... But John's quote still stuck with me and resonated with what you said above.

But I do hope you're right. Especially since the writers and directors have been quoted in interviews saying that in their eyes the S/J ship *was* resolved in S8 with Threads and Moebius. Given those kinds of public statements, it'll be a miracle to get a decent unambigous scene. So whilst I still love me S/J ship, I don't expect them to mess with showing or telling us anything further about their ship. And given their usage of RDA in the opening eps of S9, I'd be too afraid of them giving us 2-second throwaway scenes where RDA looks like he'd rather be elsewhere...
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
                          Oh, I so hope these reports of POSSIBLE S/J ship in S10 are true! (pleasepleasepleaseplease let them be true!)

In the meantime, though, I have a new shippy fanfic to share! I've been working on this one since October and it's my longest yet (ya think?) The storyline might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's something I wanted to explore (since TPTB/TIIC didn't). It's called The Blessing...please read and tell me what you think!

(ST-1 once again apologizes for shameless self-promotion. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. )
                          I've already read it, Sara, and it's oh.....so.....squeeable!!!!! You should be on spring break and writing fic all the time!!!!!

Comment

((((Wynter)))))

I'm still here...mainly lurking...I just...to be honest I don't really care, nor have anything interesting to contribute to S/J ship anymore....I've grown pretty apathetic

(((((Sam Fan)))))))

Great to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho...I think RDA *will* be in at least one s10 episode.

*lurks*
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                              Jack (I love to say that name), I agree with you. A problem, as I see it, is that TPTB thought they had given us Sam/Jack resolution (as vaguely as possible, naturally) and were puzzled when shippers continued to complain. In their minds they say, "Hey, they wanted fishing, we gave them fishing, not once but twice." And so on. I'm just afraid that's the way their brains work. I just hope a light bulb goes on in their brains and they finally realize a large segment of fans were dissatisfied (this includes fans who never go on line) and want an unequivocal resolution, even if many of those dissatisfied fans do believe Jack and Sam are together.
                              Remember that when they were finishing S8 with Threads and Moebius, the powers were thinking this was the end of the show. They wrote Threads to be the final resolution, but when they received their renewal for S9 all story wrap-ups were unwrapped again which lead to the screw-ups in this last season. If they hadn't continued with many of the same characters, then we would have accepted Threads as the proper end. But, they did continue and the rest, as they say, is sad history. Hopefully, this will be corrected next season and all will be set right again. I am confident that the creative forces recognize this error and it will be corrected. If RDA appears!

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                SQUEE!!! Thanks, Sam_Carter!!!
                                Ill second that. Anyone know where I can find a man like that, who will wine and dine etc

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X