• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zuz
      Threads - the way it should have been
      Sam: See, there's actually a very good reason why I'm bothering YOU with this. And if I don't tell you now I might never...
      Jack: But I already know...Com'ere.
      Sam:
      http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4167/thjsy1ff4rp.jpg
      http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/7083/thjsby2j024dz.jpg
      http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4...sby2s014ag.jpg
      [/center]
      PS: As you can see I'm in a deep deep denial lately.
      LOL ... love the way you think .... I too believe in my heart that they are together

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        I don't know about anyone else but I am sick of AU or Alt timeline Sam/Jack getting together. TPTB give us this to satisfiy us short term so they don't have to make a commitment. A commitment would actually meant they would have to write a storyline with continuity. I am happy for the other Sam/Jacks because they finally decided to put their personal happiness first, but in my books they don't count. Only our Sam/Jack counts, and after 9 years I am ready for a commitment from TPTB.
        I am with you ... sick ... very tired ...of vagueness PTB ... we need BHK, a marriage of Sam and Jack in real time line

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          well, i thought you guys might like this. (is it just me or does the guy with the bat look a lot like RCC?)

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=177
          Well that was fun!

Obviously we need a better delivery system for the penguins of war
          sigpic

Comment

You can see in his eyes how much he cares about her.

"Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              General principles, 3:15am Central Standard Time bump!!!

I have been reading all your posts from the last few days, and I'm having such a good time getting caught up!!!!!

The poll: Yes, Rogue, there is always some truth in jest.

Sam Carter's paper: What's your deadline?

The photo stories by trupi and nell: Wonderful!!!!!

The discussions in general: Great and optimistic!

I just wanted to say that I made myself watch Ripple Effect again Friday night on Skiffy...because it ticked me off so badly the first time that I thought I might have missed something. And I'm glad I watched it again, because I picked up on something that didn't register with me the first time:
              Spoiler:
              Teal'c, who has always been a big S/J shipper, was smiling broadly when he said that the Sam in his reality had just gotten back from her honeymoon. He wouldn't have been that pleased if she had married Pete, so she must have married Jack!

Same thing with Janet on the "maternity leave" remark. I just don't think she would have looked so pleased if it had been anyone but Jack.

Also, on the almost smooch with Martouf: I saw a look of realization in Sam's eyes when she pulled back. I think she realized that although she was glad to see Martouf alive, and although it conjured up old reactions from the blending with Jolinar, she knew the kiss would have been wrong!

So, I'm very glad I watched it again!

Ok.....I'm only up to March 15, so back to my reading!
              I watched it again too to see if I over reacted the first time,
              Spoiler:
              And it was an interesting expression on Sam'a face as she pulled away from Marty. She was not upset at being interrupted, they may have started to pull away even before the Asgard 'ahemmed'.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

here's a theory

Spoiler:
                Remember when Kawalsky got Goa'ulded? even after almost the entire symbiote was removed, it could excercise total control over him. Jolinar was never removed from Sam...her 'escence' is still within Sam...maybe it was Jolinar who took momentary control of Sam..hence the rather odd line 'I've missed you'.
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

RE?
                  god bless shiper asgrad
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                    Well, the parents of the younger crowd are more willing to part with money for the kids than the parents of my generation. Just look at what kids get these days in the way of electronics. A SG1 DVD set is much less than a Game Boy or a PSP. But still, I'm a comsumer with disposable income. And I didn't buy season 8 and won't buy season 9. The few eps of 8 I really liked, I dow... have on tape. Yeah, on tape. After the Sony/MGM screw up with the DVD version of Threads, I decided not to spend the bucks. If they come out with a set with the long version of Threads, I might go ahead and buy it.
                    I got 7 & 8 in Best Buy in a two for one deal and it had the long version of Threads. First thing I did when I got home was watch Threads and time it. But I'm not giving them one more red cent - except my O'Neill action figure!!! And if I get a free one in May so much the better.
                    sigpic
                    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Sam and Jack forever in my heart

Comment

Originally posted by zuz
                        Threads - the way it should have been

Sam: See, there's actually a very good reason why I'm bothering YOU with this. And if I don't tell you now I might never...
                        Jack: But I already know...Com'ere.
                        Sam:

PS: As you can see I'm in a deep deep denial lately.
                        Nice pics from Threads as were the others posted. Don't believe I've seen them before. Is that a nervous smile from Sam? However, I can't figure out Sam's skirt. What the h--- is it made of? I know some commented on her sweaters as looking like something from "To the Manner Born," comparing unfavorably to Kerry's outfit. Who am I to slur a classic sweater set, but I'd like to know what you make of that skirt.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                          i thinking is only US cable? chanell

heh, SVK have only 5 million citizen

true is 9. season have a very bad rating
                          IMO 9.20 save it (over 2.0 but need 3.0 , ehm maybe , if not, 9. season is worse in history SG, all season have rating 2.0 or over)

(A bit off-topic....)

Yes, you are right. The SciFi Channel is a cable television channel. It's where the first-run newly-aired episodes of the current season are played on Friday nights. (It's on break now until July when the new eps of S10 start.) The same channel usually airs an older episode of SG1 at 6 p.m. (EST/U.S.) every night Monday through Friday. And on Monday nights for the longest time they had SG1 marathons where you could sit in front of the TV literally from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m. and get a loooooong SG fix!

And like sgfanintn said - it is definitely a niche network. And (though some may disagree with me) not a very high-brow one either. They tend to do a lot of programming that is very cheap to make (reality shows etc.) and the regular and original programming movies many times tend not to be A-list, but B-list and below. That's why it truly was a 'feather in their cap' to get SG. I can attest to it drawing a diverse audience and one that normally wouldn't have been drawn to their usual fare....

SG also plays on regular broadcoast (non-cable) TV channels, but that's a separate syndication deal that the PTB work out with them and those channels normally only play one SG episode per week. (I think they're airing S8 episodes in syndication right now.)

I know the SciFi channel is how I came to watch SG. 'Course I was watching them all out of order! Last year I finally finished watching S1-7 in order after buying the DVD's the year before.
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            Nice pics from Threads as were the others posted. Don't believe I've seen them before. Is that a nervous smile from Sam? However, I can't figure out Sam's skirt. What the h--- is it made of? I know some commented on her sweaters as looking like something from "To the Manner Born," comparing unfavorably to Kerry's outfit. Who am I to slur a classic sweater set, but I'd like to know what you make of that skirt.
                            I don't mind the sweater, but it would look better combined with jeans. I don't like neither the material nor the colour of the skirt. IMO it just looks odd. Yeah, I've seen Sam in better outfits. Prometheus, for instance, wearing jeans and jacket she was simply adorable.
                            "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                              I'm having a name block at the moment for the name of the material, but it reminds me of the thick, heavy *snaps fingers* (almost had the name there) material used for curtains. (ETA: maybe a heavy taffeta or a thick wool tweed???)

I can live with the sweater, I guess, if it would have been paired with a pair of casual blue jeans. But the mismatched skirt that looks like it might have had an '80's big-shouldered jacket that went with it. I agree, it did make Sam look more matronly than Kerry and very nearly reminded me of what they had her dressed in as Geek!Sam in Moebius....

(Now see.... had Sam showed up in Kerry's outfit.... a long time ago.... there wouldn't have had to have been a Kerry or a Pete.... )
                              Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 19 March 2006, 12:16 PM.
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                I'm having a name block at the moment for the name of the material, but it reminds me of the thick, heavy *snaps fingers* (almost had the name there) material used for curtains. (ETA: maybe a heavy taffeta or a thick wool tweed???)

I can live with the sweater, I guess, if it would have been paired with a pair of casual blue jeans. But the mismatched skirt that looks like it might have had an '80's big-shouldered jacket that went with it. I agree, it did make Sam look more matronly than Kerry and very nearly reminded me of what they had her dressed in as Geek!Sam in Moebius....

(Now see.... had Sam showed up in Kerry's outfit.... a long time ago.... there wouldn't have had to have been a Kerry or a Pete.... )
                                that skirt annoyed me, didn't particularly like the LC1 skirt either (ok, so maybe i'm just not a sam/skirt fan. but she usually looks so great in civvies). i wrote it off as TIIC trying to convey the awkwardness of the situation...you know like "subtly" or some such. bleh.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X