This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi

Sam better be in the same shape that I left her or the Ori will look like a walk in the park after I'm finished with you, Cameron!
    BRILLIANT!!! Sneaky peek of the first ep of season 10 there, eh trupi?!?!
    Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
    Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
    Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      Ooooh - I just remembered! Something that Teal'c said to Daniel in Chimera made me sit up and take notice. He said "Most often dreams are the minds way of dealing with desires that cannot be fulfilled."

Sam dreams of kissing Jack - in civvies. Need I say more?

Just one more thing about Grace and then I promise to shut up

The hallucinations were very misleading if you take them at face value. Daniel tells her the cloud is alive, Teal'c tells her she's not really on Prometheus but is in fact a prisoner on the alien ship. Both are apparently good ideas although incorrect, but are giving Sam clues that she uses to eventually come up with a plan to escape the cloud and rescue the crew.

Now apply that theory to her hallucinations of Jacob and Jack. On the surface her talk with Jacob is telling her to find happiness, which is a good idea, but Sam goes looking for that love in the wrong place. It takes her a good long while to figure it out that she'd already found it with Jack - despite all the obstacles. Hence Jacob in Threads, telling her not to let the regs get in the way.

Jack tells her he's a safe bet. Which he is. She takes it to mean that as long as she's thinking about him, there's no chance of being hurt by someone else. Again, Sam thinks she has to move on from Jack, but eventually realises (in Threads) Jack's a safe bet because he'll always be there for her, protecting her, loving her.

I hope that made sense
      it made wonderful sense!

spoilers for s7 and s8 (huge ones)

here's what i 'think' happened to sam in 'threads'.

since 'affinity', sam was doubting her relay with pete. heck, she was doubting it in 'chimera', but with pete upping the ante, she 'really' started sweating it out.

then time goes on, with not only her feelings for pete changing, but her feelings for jack not only not going away but increasing. pete proposes and sam isn't sure she wants a life like this. and with 'this' man.

from the beginning --

'grace'. sam gets a conk on the head and is afraid she's going to die in space. of course, *this* is the time for her to reflect on her life and her choices. she comes away from this experience thinking that what she wants is unattainable, so she decides to move on. she prob thinks that if she moves away from jack, her feelings will go with it.

'chimera'. sam decides to take her brother up on his blind date idea. she meets and starts dating pete. with her new agenda to 'have a life without fear', she jumps into this relay with gusto. pete gets pushy and 'by accident', *has* to be told what she does for a living. (hard to write while gagging)

'death knell'. sam almost dies. jack and teal'c save her at the end. sam accepts 'comfort' from jack. is her new relationship with pete the reason sam let down some of her walls and showed vulnerability to jack? did her accepting his shoulder mean she was ready to accept him just as a friend because the tention was gone? i think this is what she might have 'wanted' to think.

'heroes p1'. sam gets nervous talking about jack in her interview. the interviewer knew what buttons to push anyways, seeing as he'd 'read between the lines'.

'heroes p2'. jack is critically wounded and janet dies. she comes to see jack to see how he was doing, but instead breaks down. and accepts comfort from jack. in her grieving for janet, she also took comfort in jack being alive.

'lost city, pt1&2'. sam goes to jack's house to 'talk'. she would have confessed her feelings/thoughts if daniel and teal'c hadn't shown up. later on, she tries once again to talk to jack. at the end, with great fear of losing jack, she fights to get him to help himself. we see sam staring at jack and placing her hand on his ice covered coffin.

'new order, pts1&2'. sam bribes weir to help save jack's life. after sam survives fifth's torture, she shows relief at seeing jack alive and well.

'affinity'. pete proposes to sam. sam says she needs time. she shows jack the ring. jack shows he's not thrilled with the events, but says nothing else. stalemate.

'gemini'. sam sees a version of herself suffering through having to kill jack.

now onto 'threads'. sam doesn't want to get married to pete. jacob doesn't like pete and doesn't want her to marry him. sam tries to talk to jack, AGAIN, at his house. all hell's breaking lose for sam.

by the time 'thread's rolls around, i feel that sam knew 100 percent that she *was* IN LOVE with jack. i believe she cared for pete, but not 'in love' with him. i also believe that even if jack o'neill wasn't a part of the equation, sam would still be doubting her relay with pete. i don't think she'd be happy with him (i think half her reason for wanting to back out of her relay with pete was because he just wasn't the right man for her, jack not withstanding). so take her doubting pete and her continuing feelings for jack, i think she was ready to call it quits with pete... and then her dad was dying. and telling her to not let rules stand in her way to happiness. he reflected the opposite of what her hallucination dad said to her.

so we're at THE scene of the show. sam sitting in the observation room, waiting and watching. jack comes in and... here's the biggie. just the fact that jack came in, *after* knowing that he's lost sam to another man. and then he reaches out and touches her. and she returns the gesture! that's a biggie there! jack didn't close up. sam didn't close up. jack has his arm around sam, while she caresses his hand with affection. sam says thank you. jack says for what. and sam says -and this is totally the opposite of how she closed up in 'grace'- for being there for me. and jack says -in opposite to his usual joking and brushing things aside - 'always'. HUGE AND HONKING choices and changes in sam and jack! giving and receiving, even while both are afraid of rejection!.

then sam finally and completely breaks it off with pete.

and i think she finally did this because of her scene with jack in the observation room. he FINALLY gave her a/the sign. she reached out, and he gave her a piece of himself. finally. i think she would have broke it off with pete anyways... but jack gave her the ultimate reason. himself.

wow, i can't believe how much i just wrote!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

If Season 8 hadn't been picked up, I think we would have gotten our kiss in Lost City and probably a movie that resolves their relationship. I have a very hard time watching 8 because I see their
        Spoiler:
        relationship deteriating to the point that he dismisses her and acts like she isn't still standing there. To me that isn't enjoyable to watch.

I don't really think it is either Jack or Sams fault. Its TPTB fault for dragging it out one more painfull season. Then whimping out on the resolution.
        that's why i feel that 'lost city' and season 7 were better to end the series on than s8, including 'threads' and what that gave us. i feel that season 8 just drew out what was basically already resolved (lost city's end). season 9's a whole other ballgame (of hell).

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          it made wonderful sense!

spoilers for s7 and s8 (huge ones)

here's what i 'think' happened to sam in 'threads'.

<snip>
          Wow!!

That was a really good analysis of S7+8!! When you look at it like that, it really was the shippiest time....

Spoiler:
          I think you're right that she would have broken it off with Pete one way or another, she had been doubting it since the proposal. And when Jacob clearly didn't approve it must have made her doubt it even more. I don't believe Sam would have ever been satisfied with the 'simple life' with Pete. Mind you, I don't believe Jack would be able to stay away from the action when his friends, Earth and indeed the galaxy are facing such incredible danger... but that's another discussion altogether.
          Spoiler:

A somewhat irrelevent thought, on the point of Sam & Pete being set up by her brother. I always thought that it would have been Sam who asked Mark to set her up, or just if he knew anyone... Poor Mark...I wonder if he and Pete are still friends...
          Last edited by shelsfc; 15 March 2006, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Hem! Nice analysis of Seasons 7&8 but Sally~~~~~~"I think you are thinking too much. Hanging out with Sam are we!"
            sigpic

Comment

OMG majorsal! I forgot about that scene in 'Gemini'!!!!!

I just got some screencaps of it. It's so sweet. The fact that RepliCarter had no qualms about killing Daniel, as horrbile as that is, made the scene more Sam & Jack shippy.

First Jack hesitates...

Then RepliCarter is about to shoot Jack...

Jack stares at RepliCarter in dread...

Then she can't do it...

The worst bit is after she is forced to kill Jack...

It's such a sweet yet angsty scene. The fact that this Replicator couldn't kill the imaginary Jack.

I forgot all about that scene. I just thought 'Gemini' was shippy because of the "if only" line and the look between them when they get close.

Oh it SUCKS that i haven't got that one on tape. Grrr. I guess screencaps will have to do!

Comment

After reading through all these posts regarding how S/J ship has been treated and how the series should have/will end, and all the sparsley sprinkled ship scenes (SSSS), has left me, ironically, with a little hope. It seems no matter how badly they threat this couple or tease us with Petes and Martoufs and Joes, they just can't put it away for good. They just can't let it die and I'll take that as a good thing.

Ironically, discussing the lack of ship has left me with a good feeling. The first one I've had in quite a while. Sam and Jack will have their day!
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  it made wonderful sense!

<reluctantly snipped.>

here's what i 'think' happened to sam and i think she finally did this because of her scene with jack in the observation room. he FINALLY gave her a/the sign. she reached out, and he gave her a piece of himself. finally. i think she would have broke it off with pete anyways... but jack gave her the ultimate reason. himself.

wow, i can't believe how much i just wrote!
                  A fantastic analysis, majorsal. And I so agree with your interpretation.
                  always and forever
                  My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                  My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                    After reading through all these posts regarding how S/J ship has been treated and how the series should have/will end, and all the sparsley sprinkled ship scenes (SSSS), has left me, ironically, with a little hope. It seems no matter how badly they threat this couple or tease us with Petes and Martoufs and Joes, they just can't put it away for good. They just can't let it die and I'll take that as a good thing.

Ironically, discussing the lack of ship has left me with a good feeling. The first one I've had in quite a while. Sam and Jack will have their day!
                    I know exactly what you mean, blueiris. At the moment, I'm feeling pretty much the same way.
                    always and forever
                    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Jack comes to Sam's rescue after the Season 9 finale...

(its a real screencap, i just had a little trouble editing out Sam in the other glider cos my normal photo editor is up the shoot, which is why its a little screwed up under Jack's chin)

Comment

Just thought i'd add some drool material. I was casually browsing my Stargate pictures and i found this...

(i didn't make it, i can't remember where i originally found it but i think you'll like it. He He.)

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                          Sam better be in the same shape that I left her or the Ori will look like a walk in the park after I'm finished with you, Cameron!
                          Now that's true trupi style!

sigpic
                          s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

i can't belive it i had to work last night so when i came home i found that the last episode of the season never taped!!!!!

The thing is i know it's repeated it's just not the same especially what i have heard going on with sam,,,,i hope that i don't miss the rerun saturday.

Any-way need to calm down,i was thinking if they did do a movie,surely they might make more of mobieus the missing years,what hapened when they went bacl in time,why was there only Daniel there when the 2nd sg1 went back?so many questions need answering from that time,what happened when they got back etc etc........

I think they could do a lot with this and i hope they do a movie with the starring role of RDA (can't understand how ben browder had the lead instead of the others when he starred in season 9)

lets hope we here something soon, and at least we have shipper day coming soon in july can't wait for that one.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
                              Just thought i'd add some drool material. I was casually browsing my Stargate pictures and i found this...

(i didn't make it, i can't remember where i originally found it but i think you'll like it. He He.)

What do you think?

I soooo love it!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter

What do you think?

sam carter you sure your not the real one??????getting footage of that ahem.... scene...

JUST LOOK AT THOSE LEGS..............

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Working...
                                X