This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by MirthMistress
    As I was driving into work this morning I had a silly look on my face for most of the 20 minute commute. See, I was thinking about how I'd like to see it "go down" between Jack and Sam. What I'd like to see is some sort of scene where Sam is rescued or returns from a seriously dangerous situation and as she enters the room from said dangerous brush, Jack strides up to her - not run but stride purposefully- and without a word, crush her to him one hand on her back and he other cradling the back of her head, holding her like the world was coming to an end. Because, let's face it, if something happened to her, his world would be coming to an end. No words, no tears, no murmurs, just a crushing, breath stealing embrace. *Sigh*, it's enough to make one drive with a sappy look. Feel free, someone, to embellish this should the inclination exist.
    Originally posted by nell
    And then, they would draw back just enough to look deeply into each other's eyes.

Someone continue...
    Jack: What took you so long?
    Sam: I was on a mission. What are you doing here?
    Jack: I heard you were on a mission.
    Sam: I'm back.
    Jack: Yes you are. C'mere.

Just sayin'. Love the set ups, nell and MirthMistress! If only!
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Toll Verliebt
      I cannot tell you how much it pisses me off that the relationship is still open. I NEED CLOSURE I TELL YOU!!! It's been 9 beautiful, long years and I love the tension but...9 YEARS?!?! I ask you what sick, twisted person could live with himself after torturing us amazing shippers? I've been patient long enough, I can't deal with it anymore! They want to be a different kind of SciFi show? Let them get together, let them finally do something about the undeniable attraction! All SciFi shows can do the 'star-crossed lovers' thing but have you ever seen a show where they actually GET TOGETHER? The whole idea of 'star-crossed lovers' ridiculous and cliched. 9 YEARS?!?! 9 YEARS?!?! *hyperventilates* now that I've made a complete ass of myself I'll shut up.
      Clap, clap, clap, clap!!!!

You said it!!! Let's get Sam and Jack together!!! FCOL!!!
      sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s7's 'grace'

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        i haven't read passed this post yet, so forgive me if I'm behind the times or whatever.

i think this kiss represented the fact that while she consciously made the choice when she woke up to try to move on, she would always keep the hope and desire to be with jack.

i think that this was the part of carters subconscious mind telling her that he is the one. that this is same part of her mind telling her that she can never let him go, no matter how much she might try, because part of her mind knows that she is in love with him and always will be. sorry if this sounds overly sappy but that's what i think.

i also think it was a message to the fans that, despite the apparent ending of the episode, and subsequent episodes that closely followed it, they shouldn't think that it was the end of the relationship. and i think the 'previously on' clip they showed in chimera backed that up.
        i agree. *that's* why 'grace' doesn't bother me like it bothers some others. i saw not only that kiss showing me that sam *still* wanted to be with jack (and loved him), but her entire hallucinationjack was pro s/j. and, we saw jack angsting for sam back at the sgc. 'grace' was shippy, it was the $%@)& piece of @^%# ep called 'chimera' that was so %**#%^ and $*()$% bad.

hehe

and notice, at the end, when sam woke, she was still in her prometheus state of mind and called him jack. now *what* would have happened if the hallucination was still going on for her? OR, if jack had acted flirty with her and gave sam the impression she was still on the prommie hallucinating? or, when sam said 'jack', he replied 'sam' and then she started talking (seriously talking).

no matter what decisions sam made on prommie, i still think if jack had responded to her at the end a bit differently, she might have stayed in her vulnerable state and really talked to him like she did to hallucinationjack. jack saying 'excuse me' threw sam back into reality and into her decisions to let go. and, i *don't* see jack's 'excuse me' as rude or off-putting, only that it let her know she was back in the norm (as in the suffocating/no talking room of denial).

i love 'grace', not just as a shipper, but as a sam fan. and the only reason i don't see it as really a 'good bye', is because the following eps showed sam was still clearly and completely *into* jack o'neill. yeah!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s7/s8

i

she took the brave step in trying to move on. and she didn't make that decision until the very end of the episode, when jack balked at her use of his first name (as she percieved it). her insecurities came into play, and she made the choice to try to get over him, because she perhaps formed a belief in those moments that he didn't want that kind of relationship with her.

she decided to try at a "normal" life. and yes, jack was hurt, yet happy for her when she did. but she didn't know that, and it wasn't through any insensitivity on her part. nor was jacks relationships hurting sam due to any insensitivity on his part. neither of them made a consious choice to hurt the other. and neither one has any disrespect for the other.

i know that the "safe bet" thing was only a one line part of your post, but i took it and i ran with it.
          see, you're bringing up the multi levels of the way this relationship was written during this story arc (the moving on/boyfriend/can't move on).

not that i think jack blew a chance at the end of 'grace', but it 'could' have been a opportunity for something to be said between them.

and i saw the same thing in the elevator and sam's lab scenes in 'chimera', and the ring scene in 'affinity. these were moments where if jack had responded differently to sam, things might not have went as far as they did with pete. but i'm not blaming jack *at all*, i'm just saying that i felt sam 'was' putting herself out on the line, and that jack didn't respond the way she wanted or needed him to. oh, i almost forgot 'lost city', where sam tried to talk to him at his house, in the engine room, and then her 'jack' at the end when she was trying to get him to help himself.

i'm not sure i'm saying all this right, but i guess i just want to stick up for sam because even though she's the one that moved on first, she *did* throw out 'feelers' to see where she stood with jack. he just never threw anything back. the writers did an equal opportunity whumping.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
            Sometimes I think us debating anything Sam and Jack and their true motives is giving the writers way too much credit. I don't believe, and still don't believe that they give a whole lot of thought to continuity. I think the majority of the relationship was simply the awesome acting and on screen chemistry of RDA and AT. They took the lines that were given to them and turned it into what we saw. I have no doubt that if RDA returns we will see the relationship again simply because that is the way they have chosen to portray the characters, despite TPTB screwing with it at times.
            This is a good point. I think we read far more into the relationship between Sam and Jack than tptb ever intended. That's because this ship has a life of its' own, whether tptb like it or not. AT & RDA have an on screen chemistry that just works. That's why AT was cast in the first place! If every nuance had to be scripted and rehearsed it wouldn't work - just feel forced.

For me ship boils down to whether it's believable. I couldn't ship S/Martouf or S/Narim or even S/McKay because I don't see *that* sort of chemistry there. Joe gave me the jitters because I liked his character, and I could see that relationship working - I thought there was genuine chemistry between him and Sam. Fortunately not as much as between Sam & Jack

It's a good job that this chemistry exists between AT & RDA - because we certainly wouldn't have got all the ship over the years as we did if it was left purely up to the scripted scenes. Lets face it, we get just as excited at a little smile or look as we do the kisses and words!
            sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, it heartens the soul to see my ship family( if I'm allowed to still call you that after being away for so long) still fighting the good fight. As we have yet to see s9 down under it seems that nothing was ever cleared up about our favourite couple.

Jack and Sam need to have their story come to fruition. We need to finally have the ending shown to us. It need not be an entire episode but maybe a scene or two. Something like the scene in 'Threads' when they showed Jack in bed with what's her name. I truly have forgoten her name as she was not really important to Jack. Just show us that Jack and Sam have moved ahead in their relationship. Everyone knows that they are each others true loves and it should be shown.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                spoilers for s7's 'grace'

i agree. *that's* why 'grace' doesn't bother me like it bothers some others. i saw not only that kiss showing me that sam *still* wanted to be with jack (and loved him), but her entire hallucinationjack was pro s/j. and, we saw jack angsting for sam back at the sgc. 'grace' was shippy, it was the $%@)& piece of @^%# ep called 'chimera' that was so %**#%^ and $*()$% bad.

hehe

and notice, at the end, when sam woke, she was still in her prometheus state of mind and called him jack. now *what* would have happened if the hallucination was still going on for her? OR, if jack had acted flirty with her and gave sam the impression she was still on the prommie hallucinating? or, when sam said 'jack', he replied 'sam' and then she started talking (seriously talking).

no matter what decisions sam made on prommie, i still think if jack had responded to her at the end a bit differently, she might have stayed in her vulnerable state and really talked to him like she did to hallucinationjack. jack saying 'excuse me' threw sam back into reality and into her decisions to let go. and, i *don't* see jack's 'excuse me' as rude or off-putting, only that it let her know she was back in the norm (as in the suffocating/no talking room of denial).

i love 'grace', not just as a shipper, but as a sam fan. and the only reason i don't see it as really a 'good bye', is because the following eps showed sam was still clearly and completely *into* jack o'neill. yeah!

sally

Couldn't agree more Sal. Even the way Jack was dressed, in civvies as opposed to bdu's like Daniel and Teal'c screamed that Sam was halluncinating Jack, not Colonel O'Neill. And since she's talking to Jack ... I do think tptb whimped out though showing the kiss as they did cos it allowed them to ignore it and open the pathway up for If it had been a real part of the conversation, like someone said earlier (sorry I can't find the post again ) she'd be thinking of that kiss in briefings and on missions, and on dates with . But then sense kicked in - its one thing talking to a hallucination, but how would you actually kiss one?

In an attempt to be objective about and try to see his character and what Sam would have seen (rather than just "the r** b****** stepping on Jack's turf" as I normally view him,) I watched Chimera again last night. I really wanted to understand Sam better.

To be honest, I was confused by his character. At first he's ok - nice, even. Has a sense of humour - actually deflects some questions with humour rather like Jack would. Enthusiastic about spending time with Sam (well, what sane man wouldn't be ), gets a little confused about why she would want to stare through a telescope for 12 hours a day instead of being with him (that's just male ego ), but then the cop instinct kicks in and he realises it a poor cover story. We get the "honest cop" vibe from his brief background.

But then he seems to get schizo for the rest of the ep suddenly becoming the stalker. Of course, Sam doesn't realise he's been following her and running background checks, so she still thinks he's this nice guy. But we know better and it completely ruins any infintesimally small chance we may have had of accepting him.

So it really didn't work did it The only reason it wasn't a real waste of time was the elevator scene. I love Jack's expressions as he realises why Sam is humming. He goes from why? to realisation to acceptancecoshereallycan'tdoanythingaboutitrightnow so brilliantly that just by watching his face you can see what he's thinking.

Then of course, there's the sniff. Classic RDA ad-libbing.
                Last edited by Oma-1; 14 March 2006, 03:12 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Ooooh - I just remembered! Something that Teal'c said to Daniel in Chimera made me sit up and take notice. He said "Most often dreams are the minds way of dealing with desires that cannot be fulfilled."

Sam dreams of kissing Jack - in civvies. Need I say more?

Just one more thing about Grace and then I promise to shut up

The hallucinations were very misleading if you take them at face value. Daniel tells her the cloud is alive, Teal'c tells her she's not really on Prometheus but is in fact a prisoner on the alien ship. Both are apparently good ideas although incorrect, but are giving Sam clues that she uses to eventually come up with a plan to escape the cloud and rescue the crew.

Now apply that theory to her hallucinations of Jacob and Jack. On the surface her talk with Jacob is telling her to find happiness, which is a good idea, but Sam goes looking for that love in the wrong place. It takes her a good long while to figure it out that she'd already found it with Jack - despite all the obstacles. Hence Jacob in Threads, telling her not to let the regs get in the way.

Jack tells her he's a safe bet. Which he is. She takes it to mean that as long as she's thinking about him, there's no chance of being hurt by someone else. Again, Sam thinks she has to move on from Jack, but eventually realises (in Threads) Jack's a safe bet because he'll always be there for her, protecting her, loving her.

I hope that made sense
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1

I hope that made sense
                    WOW, yes all of that made perfect sense,you did a terrific job!! And that quote from Chimera that Daniel said, I didn't remember that. Good for you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                      Ooooh - I just remembered! Something that Teal'c said to Daniel in Chimera made me sit up and take notice. He said "Most often dreams are the minds way of dealing with desires that cannot be fulfilled."

Sam dreams of kissing Jack - in civvies. Need I say more?

Just one more thing about Grace and then I promise to shut up

The hallucinations were very misleading if you take them at face value. Daniel tells her the cloud is alive, Teal'c tells her she's not really on Prometheus but is in fact a prisoner on the alien ship. Both are apparently good ideas although incorrect, but are giving Sam clues that she uses to eventually come up with a plan to escape the cloud and rescue the crew.

Now apply that theory to her hallucinations of Jacob and Jack. On the surface her talk with Jacob is telling her to find happiness, which is a good idea, but Sam goes looking for that love in the wrong place. It takes her a good long while to figure it out that she'd already found it with Jack - despite all the obstacles. Hence Jacob in Threads, telling her not to let the regs get in the way.

Jack tells her he's a safe bet. Which he is. She takes it to mean that as long as she's thinking about him, there's no chance of being hurt by someone else. Again, Sam thinks she has to move on from Jack, but eventually realises (in Threads) Jack's a safe bet because he'll always be there for her, protecting her, loving her.

I hope that made sense
                      Oma, once again you show us your wisdom in all things Jack and Sam. Everything you said I have to agree with 100%. I thought that Jack's "safe bet" comment meant that he would always be there for her, that yes he was indeed safe. And she saw him in his civvies which to me meant that Sam saw him as Jack and not as her CO. Their love is eternal and will never die no matter who comes into their lives.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                        Oma, once again you show us your wisdom in all things Jack and Sam. Everything you said I have to agree with 100%. I thought that Jack's "safe bet" comment meant that he would always be there for her, that yes he was indeed safe. And she saw him in his civvies which to me meant that Sam saw him as Jack and not as her CO. Their love is eternal and will never die no matter who comes into their lives.
                        i couldn't agree more. Especially about her seeing Jack in his civvies.

SO HOT!!! (But i'm also partial to the dress blues)

their love is so pure and the whole "i will always be there for ya, not matter what. Believe me." line always gets me choked up, espeically how he stresses the "always'. And how he says "Always" in 'Threads', kind of repeating it. Sam knows Jack so well, that in her hallucination she kind of imagined what he would say to her, and then over a year later he kind of confirmed it. It's an eternal promise. Both times when he says "always", he says it with such passion and love.
                        Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                        Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                        Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

QUERY!!! Does anyone know how to make moving livejournal icons? If someone can make them, would they be so kind as to make me a moving one of the 'Heroes' hug. I'd credit you. Pretty please!
                          Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                          Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                          Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Here is a little idea I had about how to show the Sam and Jack ship in season 10 if RDA is present for one episode !!!!

I got that idea after watching Crusade last night .

Season 10 , episode 200

Spoiler:

I watched crusade last night and I liked it . I realy liked that we saw what vala did in season 9 while the others of the team were busy doing their job .

So I thought that in season 10 , episode 200 ..Tptb could do another episode similar to that one except that instead of Vala , we see what Sam and Jack have been up to in season 9 when they were together . The story line could begin by Jack is wanted back at the SGC for a one off ,for example ,the team tells him what happened in season 9 with a few new scenes of course so that Jack is fully informed about the Ori situation or whatever ..but we also see what he has been up to at homeland security and also a few scenes of Him and Jack together as flashbacks ..Now what scenes !!!!!! I don't know ,but the opportunity is there ..and If I was TPTB , I would make sure I do an episode like that one to please everyone . ....and by the episode 200 , the Sam and Jack shippers deserve something like that after a season 9 of non ship on screen ..therefore would be nice to know and see a bit of what Sam and Jack have been up to after threads ..I also think they quickly could show a wedding scene with Teal'c, Daniel and Hammond present but I'm only a woman and as they are all guys writing , I think it's not their taste to do such a thing .

Anyway , just wanted to post that

caty
                            Last edited by Catysg1; 14 March 2006, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              spoilers for s7/s8

see, you're bringing up the multi levels of the way this relationship was written during this story arc (the moving on/boyfriend/can't move on).

not that i think jack blew a chance at the end of 'grace', but it 'could' have been a opportunity for something to be said between them.

and i saw the same thing in the elevator and sam's lab scenes in 'chimera', and the ring scene in 'affinity. these were moments where if jack had responded differently to sam, things might not have went as far as they did with pete. but i'm not blaming jack *at all*, i'm just saying that i felt sam 'was' putting herself out on the line, and that jack didn't respond the way she wanted or needed him to. oh, i almost forgot 'lost city', where sam tried to talk to him at his house, in the engine room, and then her 'jack' at the end when she was trying to get him to help himself.

i'm not sure i'm saying all this right, but i guess i just want to stick up for sam because even though she's the one that moved on first, she *did* throw out 'feelers' to see where she stood with jack. he just never threw anything back. the writers did an equal opportunity whumping.

sally
                              The first time I watched Grace I got this qeezie feeling in my stomach that they were going to make her move on. This was their way of putting Sam and Jack to rest. Her so called realization that her and Jacks relationship would be nothing more than professional and it was keeping her back from finding 'true happiness'. Then when she woke up and called him Jack, and he said excuse me, it just confirmed her hallucination. Whether he meant it the way it sounded, is debatable.

I did not read any spoilers before Chimera aired, boy that was a mistake. My mouth dropped open when I saw Sam in that knock-out dress flirting with that guy. All I could think about was what the freak, they gave her a boyfriend. I was in such shock I couldn't even enjoy the Daniel half of the show, which actually had something to do with the Stargate theme.

Then after Chimera, its all eps with shippy scenes. Death Knell, Heroes, even Inauguration had the Pres and Kinsey speculating about their relationship. Sam tries to tell Jack how she feels in Lost City and either gets interupted by Daniel or Jack cuts her off.

If Season 8 hadn't been picked up, I think we would have gotten our kiss in Lost City and probably a movie that resolves their relationship. I have a very hard time watching 8 because I see their
                              Spoiler:
                              relationship deteriating to the point that he dismisses her and acts like she isn't still standing there. To me that isn't enjoyable to watch.

I don't really think it is either Jack or Sams fault. Its TPTB fault for dragging it out one more painfull season. Then whimping out on the resolution.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

ok, let me ask a question here.

joe askes sam to go to dinner with him in a room full of people. (and in front of her two immediate superior officers which i think was bad form on his part)

what would people have said about sam if she had rejected the poor puppy dog right there and then in front of a room full of other people?

to me, asking someone out in front of a gang of people is really just pressuring them into something. but i don't want to start a joe hating rampage, so i'll go no further than my basic question. i think joe was... ok... in 2001.
                                It's like asking someone to marry you in front of the family - it's just not right. Many things should be done in private.
                                Although I rather like Joe Flaxon of 2001 - not so much 2010
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X