This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    The new kids on the thread are probably shaking their heads in confusion... Shippertown, cookies, penquins, potato head, roller coasters... *cackle* What a history! But we had so much fun!
    Mustn't forget the TV listing with the Urgo family, and the Shipper remote. Both hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
      It's at the very end of Evolution, when she gets back!! When they decide to got have lunch together. Aaaah those were the days
      I should have noticed that the white around her neck was the sling.

Wouldn't mind seeing those pics from Evolution where he goes to tell her he's leaving to find Daniel, though. Although, AT said the lighting or whatever was terrible in that scene and made her look bad, in her opinion. But I loved that scene, very shippyl
      Last edited by Gatetrixer; 12 March 2006, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        It depends on how far they use the Moebius excuse. I would have preferred Moebius to be in front of Threads instead of after.
        i agree about ptb using the 'moebius' excuse, if they want to.

spoilers for s8's 'moebius'
        Spoiler:
        what i really hated about moebius, though (besides the lack of a REAL sam/jack resolution), was that our sg1 team died in ancient egypt. no matter how much you put together that sg1 'didn't' die because the alternates fixed things, *some* version of a sam, jack, daniel, and teal'c DID die in egypt.

that group of ppl, that sam-jack-daniel-teal'c that we'd lived with and through for 8 years, perished in ancient egypt. and sam, jack, and teal'c were *horrbly* killed, while daniel lived the rest of his life without them. oh, how wonderful. not.

that's the part of 'moebius' that i actually hate.

why couldn't the writers see what they were 'really' showing here?

and then that end, with the 'fish' joke and the 'close enough'. i think it really was just a simpsons joke/laugh, but it 'did' give the writers a place to go off track from there on out.

rant over. it's safe now.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          OH The memories! Hi Token!
          I do believe the evening I first viewed Shipper Town, was the first time I christened my keyboard. I should have learned by that lesson that you should not drink while reading the posts especially when Mala was involved! LOL.
          Did print out a copy of Shipper Town to be signed or did you purchase it at the old store?

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
            M2 and Threads have this same ENDS (M2 little better ), but
            together like a together
            'moebius' and 'threads' spoilers

Spoiler:
            i actually preferred the 'threads' fishing scene to the 'moebius' one. why? because sam and jack were sitting closer together!

i also think the reason they were farther apart in 'moebius' was because rda/jack wanted to have his leg resting on the side of the pier, so he had to move his chair a bit to stretch. but it changed/ruined their closeness!

what about you guys; do you prefer the 'threads' or 'moebius' fishing scene?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              'moebius' and 'threads' spoilers

Spoiler:
              i actually preferred the 'threads' fishing scene to the 'moebius' one. why? because sam and jack were sitting closer together!

i also think the reason they were farther apart in 'moebius' was because rda/jack wanted to have his leg resting on the side of the pier, so he had to move his chair a bit to stretch. but it changed/ruined their closeness!

what about you guys; do you prefer the 'threads' or 'moebius' fishing scene?

sally
              actually i think the reason was so that they could see the fish between them in the reverse shot. i hadn't actually really noticed that they were further apart, but thats what i assume it was.

or it was just a different take, and its not for any reason at all. they just happened to sit slightly differently

Comment

spoilers for Threads and Moebius...
                Spoiler:
                I would have to say I preferred the ending of moebius better, simply because the tone in Jacks voice was more relaxed. I really can't explain it, it was just different than it was in Threads. I just got a better shippy feeling in Moebius

Comment

Spoiler:
                  what i really hated about moebius, though (besides the lack of a REAL sam/jack resolution), was that our sg1 team died in ancient egypt. no matter how much you put together that sg1 'didn't' die because the alternates fixed things, *some* version of a sam, jack, daniel, and teal'c DID die in egypt.

that group of ppl, that sam-jack-daniel-teal'c that we'd lived with and through for 8 years, perished in ancient egypt. and sam, jack, and teal'c were *horrbly* killed, while daniel lived the rest of his life without them. oh, how wonderful. not.

and then that end, with the 'fish' joke and the 'close enough'. i think it really was just a simpsons joke/laugh, but it 'did' give the writers a place to go off track from there on out.

sally
                  I agree with you completely!!! This is what upset me the most also.
                  Spoiler:
                  The characters that we watched develop, grow into the characters we loved died!

Maybe that's what's wrong with Sam this year... She's not really our Sam!

Spoiler:
                  Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                    I agree with you completely!!! This is what upset me the most also.
                    Spoiler:
                    The characters that we watched develop, grow into the characters we loved died!

Maybe that's what's wrong with Sam this year... She's not really our Sam!
                    but not really.
                    Spoiler:

a version of them died. but because they reset the timeline, and all that, the characters we were watching at the end of moebius are the ones we've been watching all along. thats the thing with time travel/ paradox episodes in sci fi, they are both confusing and occationally flexible.

i have no problem with it. the time line was fixed. our characters, who have experienced the things that we have seen over the years both died and survived.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific Jack
                      Well said and probably right. I would only add that age and wear and tear on the body also played a minor part too. Its just that TIIC as you call them should have resolved this issue by now. Its not this season or next that I'm concerned about, its the enjoyment of the previous 8. If they just conclude the Sam and Jack arc they can move on with the new story line in what ever way their minds take them. I would be happy with the original SG-1 story ending with S8. But, because they have left one part dangling it has irritated me and many others. I don't like the killer B's...Browder, Black, and Bridges but that is just me. I am not under 21, I do not have an IQ under 100, I am a practicing heterosexual, and I don't relate movies to video games. Others do, and I can appreciate that, but let us that don't leave with peace of mind. Then they can do what they want to please the new demographic. Sorry for the slight rant. I really mean no disrespect to anyone, but I hate unconcluded stories. I am not a fan of soap operas. I just watched all episodes over the last 12 months on DVD's and want AN ENDING.

Jack
                      Amen to that!
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sally
                        Double Amen to this post! You are so absoutely right! Can't stand Moebius and thought I was the only one who saw that they killed our SG-1 off. Rat bast---!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          but not really.
                          Spoiler:

a version of them died. but because they reset the timeline, and all that, the characters we were watching at the end of moebius are the ones we've been watching all along. thats the thing with time travel/ paradox episodes in sci fi, they are both confusing and occationally flexible.

i have no problem with it. the time line was fixed. our characters, who have experienced the things that we have seen over the years both died and survived.

Ummm...

Spoiler:
                          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            but not really.
                            Spoiler:

I have to agree with you about time travel/paradox episodes in general. Although there is a slight change in our heroes as confirmed by
                            Spoiler:
                            Jack's response to the sight of a fish in his pond, "close enough." But, this has not diminished my perception that these are our intrepid space travelers and galactic heroes. And, certainly our favorite couple, Sam and Jack!!
                            Close enough for me!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Regarding Moebius,
                              Spoiler:
                              I have no problem dealing with rather or not our Sam and Jack died because all time travel and AR & AU stories are so implausible that I view them very superfically. Its easier to accept that they are our Sam and Jack that way. I want them to be our Sam and Jack because I don't want them to have died yet. Unless we get a new spin-off set back in time.
                              Stargate SG-Ancient 1, maybe.

Right now I am watching Stargate SG-1-der What Happened to Jack.
                              sigpic
                              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Just watched Camelot, wasn't too bad. The whole
                                Spoiler:
                                Camelot theme kinda boring. It was predictable that the girl was going to pull the sword from the stone. I did like the Black Knight giving Cam a whomping.

Did anyone notice
                                Spoiler:
                                Daniel made reference to a time machine. I wonder if the ratings get to bad they will go back in time and forget this mess ever happened.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X