This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i continued to watch x-files (without mulder) because scully was my favorite. hmm, that sounds familiar with what's going on with stargate right now. anyhoo, i felt the end ep, with scully and mulder together, was... lacking. just lacking. just like the ending for Jag. boring and lacking.

don't do this to stargate and sam/jack!!!

sally
    Sally How can you say that ?!!! The ending with X-files apart that baby William was not with them was very emotional ..they were together in bed in a motel room and discussing the full circle thingie and they cuddled big time ....remember Mulder's finger on Scully's lips .. but also X-files was Sci-fi and they had to leave the end a bit dramatic like the baby missing and the Alien invasion for 2012 .The ending means : They won't be living happily ever after because of that 2 facts mentionned before ..their quest is not over ..they are not a complete family but they have each other and hopefully they will make it through and find a little happiness along the line ... It's emotional, dramatic and purely sci-fi style ending and...

...... as for Jag , it was the best ending ever ..the whole team was there except AJ .He should have been there ...but really it was great ..Harm and Mac were very closed to each other , getting married and everything was clear and neat ..all on screen ..we had a great kiss in Harm's apartment before hand . The music, at the bar ,was fantastic ..the last scene with Harm and Mac was very romantic ...they both had their arms around each other and the ending meant : Living happily ever after .

Sally , what do you think we will get for Sam and Jack ?!!!!..I mean it's more or less over ..I don't think we are gonna get any romance on screen if you see what I mean ..we may hear that Sam and jack are married but really if you analyse season 9 , it's obvious that they do not want to show Sam and Jack together anymore or give the shippers any hint of their love for each other .

With x-files and JAG , we saw everything from beginning to end ..X-files and JAG ending will I think be superior to SG1 ending regarding the ship .

I may be wrong but I don't think so . All I'm hoping for is that someone says that Sam and Jack are an item but I really really don't expect to see it on screen . TPTB has moved on to other ship and Sam and Jack are history as an on screen storyline

So I say JAG , best ending ever . ( shows true love )
    Farscape , second best ..I mean the mini series . ( shows true love )
    X-files , decent ending but still very dramatic . ( shows true love )
    SG1 ..still waiting but the show is so inconsistant in the Sam and Jack ship ..So many fans are wondering why Sam nearly kissed Martouf in Ripple effect and that Shows that TPTB are either made of unfaithfull men or they don't have a clue about true Love . ( don't show true love ) therefore very lame and off putting .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Sally How can you say that ?!!! The ending with X-files apart that baby William was not with them was very emotional ..they were together in bed in a motel room and discussing the full circle thingie and they cuddled big time ....remember Mulder's finger on Scully's lips .. but also X-files was Sci-fi and they had to leave the end a bit dramatic like the baby missing and the Alien invasion for 2012 .The ending means : They won't be living happily ever after because of that 2 facts mentionned before ..their quest is not over ..they are not a complete family but they have each other and hopefully they will make it through and find a little happiness along the line ... It's emotional, dramatic and purely sci-fi style ending and...

...... as for Jag , it was the best ending ever ..the whole team was there except AJ .He should have been there ...but really it was great ..Harm and Mac were very closed to each other , getting married and everything was clear and neat ..all on screen ..we had a great kiss in Harm's apartment before hand . The music, at the bar ,was fantastic ..the last scene with Harm and Mac was very romantic ...they both had their arms around each other and the ending meant : Living happily ever after .

Sally , what do you think we will get for Sam and Jack ?!!!!..I mean it's more or less over ..I don't think we are gonna get any romance on screen if you see what I mean ..we may hear that Sam and jack are married but really if you analyse season 9 , it's obvious that they do not want to show Sam and Jack together anymore or give the shippers any hint of their love for each other .

With x-files and JAG , we saw everything from beginning to end ..X-files and JAG ending will I think be superior to SG1 ending regarding the ship .

I may be wrong but I don't think so . All I'm hoping for is that someone says that Sam and Jack are an item but I really really don't expect to see it on screen . TPTB has moved on to other ship and Sam and Jack are history as an on screen storyline

So I say JAG , best ending ever . ( shows true love )
      Farscape , second best ..I mean the mini series . ( shows true love )
      X-files , decent ending but still very dramatic . ( shows true love )
      SG1 ..still waiting but the show is so inconsistant in the Sam and Jack ship ..So many fans are wondering why Sam nearly kissed Martouf in Ripple effect and that Shows that TPTB are either made of unfaithfull men or they don't have a clue about true Love . ( don't show true love ) therefore very lame and off putting .

Caty

Excellent post! I tried to Green ya but it won't let me...

JAG did have the best ending ever. And I have to say they handled the ship the best out of any show so far. There were other pairings for Harm and Mac but they ended up together in the end.

I was a M/S shipper but CC kept them apart for so long that in the end I really didn't care they got ogether. But they DId get together!

The evidence is pointing to the large fact that we are never going to get a resolution for Sam and Jack. Truth be told, I don't think TPTB ever really intended for them to get together.

Which as Jack would say, sucks.

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
        I guess this is what bothers me the most about season 9. In other seasons there appeared to be an effort made to try to appeal to all branches of Stargate fandom. They didn't always get it right (Sam/Jack) but at least the effort was there. It just doesn't seem like a good business move to alienate a large section of your fans. And truthfully...we are the easiest to please. The very fact that this thread still exists shows that we are a hearty and hopeful group.

I agree 100%! We all know RDA is not on the show, but it wouldn't take that much to please us shippers. How about Sam wearing one of Jack's off world ball caps when she goes off world? Or she's talking quietly on the phone, Daniel comes in she says "Gotta go. (pause) Yeah, me too." hangs up and Daniel says "Jack?" and she says yes. OR even easier why can't she say "For cryin' out loud!" come on throw us a bone!

Ok, enough griping. It's time to do something about this and I say we need a letter writing campaign. Here's the address! Let's get busy!

Stargate Productions
        2400 Boundary Road
        Burnaby, B.C.
        V5M 3Z3
        Canada

The Sci-Fi Channel
        Attn: Bonnie Hammer, President
        30 Rockefeller Plaza
        New York, NY 10112

The Sci-Fi Channel
        Attn: Mr. Dave Howe, General Manager
        30 Rockefeller Plaza
        New York, NY 10112
        Viewer comment line: (212) 413-5000
        Fax: (212) 413-6531

Ours is the only reality of consequence.

Comment

WELCOME LJEVANS!

I think a lot of folk here have already sent letters...heck I sent a petition to them, and got nothing back whatsoever.

I think what we need to do, is make sure that the Sam/Jack theme night has HUGE ratings.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I have not watched an old SG-1 episode in a long time.I think I'll watch the Sam/Jack theme night.I was wondering whate everyone though of BSG moving to the Fall? It seems to me TPTB want BSG far away from SG-1 and SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              WELCOME LJEVANS!

I think a lot of folk here have already sent letters...heck I sent a petition to them, and got nothing back whatsoever.

I think what we need to do, is make sure that the Sam/Jack theme night has HUGE ratings.
              I so agree!!!! BIG, BIG Ratings!!!!! Maybe then they'll notice.

Comment

Well, I have been away from this forum for a week or so, but I have just caught up with the views and attitudes of everyone. Not very optimistic I must say. Considering what hasn't happened this season I'm not surprised. As far as an explanation for the situation regarding the Sam and Jack ship, all the hypotheses have validity. It's hard to say what the producers had in mind for the season. It was poorly planned and executed. They introduced a weak story line and less likable characters. The Arthurian legend is not nearly as clever as the Ancient Egyptian theme. But, the real problem with this year was the loss of the main personality, Jack O'Neill. He turned out to be, simply put, irreplaceable. We don't know why there hasn't been much mention of him throughout most of this season. Even references by Sam, in particular, have been anemic. Only a very brief mention that she was in a relationship with someone to agent Barrett in EDM. Either he no longer remains interested in the show, or the show is no longer interested in him. One theory I haven't read was if there might have been some "complicated" issue between RDA and AT. It could be that she didn't want this ship to sail anymore, or that he didn't, and that the big guys are just following their wishes. Some of the outtakes and behind the scenes stuff seemed more affectionate than necessary. I'm just sayin... Maybe we are not considering a possibility not associated with the bad writing and deplorable continutiy. Why wouldn't tptb want Jack back? They are not that stupid. They know he was and probably still is the most popular character on the show. They also know that a big part of the success was because of the feelings between Sam and Jack. They developed it, and the actors seemed to relish it. Their screen chemistry was one of the best I've ever seen in movies or TV. So, the producers all of a sudden developed romantic amnesia? Nah! None of this makes any story sense or corporate sense. Something must be going on. This could all be a personal issue that no one wants to talk about. This could explain some of the rather odd stories this year with Sam and Orlin/Martouf, as well as the "no mention of Jack" situation. I'm not sayin that this is what happened, but it seems a possibility to me. It explains alot.

Jack

Comment

When I'm on GW I spend quite a lot of time in other threads, mostly just lurking. It takes real effort to continue a conversation or state an opinion when the next person will take apart your post line by line. I just don't think that anything I say is that profound.

Anyways, there is an underlying dissatisfaction about season 9. You don't dare ask about Jack because, in all honesty, the other threads are permeated by teenage boys who think ...explosions (freaking cool...I can't wait for next season) or other equally stimuating comments.

Considering I wrote a poem titled Stargate Eulogy...well you can see where my feelings lie. I don't like to bring this attitude to this thread because it is off topic and also not positive.

I have no earthly idea where the writers heads have been for season 9. My take is that RDA had more control over the show's direction than anyone let on. With him gone, the animals have been let loose from the zoo. ( a new ship...freaking awesome!)

Cheer up, things could be worse.
                  So I cheered up and sure enough
                  Things got worse.

Comment

*growl*

everyone look at the camelot poll on GW's front page...What the...hell is going on with that?

They're rigging the polls to keep the fan rating up
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I know as everyone feeling, not very good, i agreed with this feelings. But all about S&J is only about FAITH (all 8 years)
                      9. season not help this FAITH, but nothing happened (little except RE)
                      I hope S&J in long distance relationship and she quietly about Jack, because regs (realy stupid alibi, sweet secrets ) or something like a this

sigpic

Comment

*growl*

everyone look at the camelot poll on GW's front page...What the...hell is going on with that?

fans rating is nothing suekay, my poll is fair or something like a this
                        but this is a season finale and everyone wait 10. season
                        only last 10 min. is good (like a StarTrek )
                        oy 96% just a joke
                        Last edited by dexterav; 11 March 2006, 11:30 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

*growl*

wow, that really does look like a rig. not even WoO is that high. give it a while to calm down though.

seriously, what did people see in that thing?

EDIT: why did so many people vote in that thing? and only the day after? i still can't find a poll that that many people voted in. that does say 12,000 right? NO1 had less than half that. somebody tell me I'm being stupid (and why)!
                          Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 11 March 2006, 11:39 AM.
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

It's very hard to get a handle on the Sam/Jack Ship.Some of the Actors and TPTB have been all over the map with there Shipper comments.One day the Sam/Jack Ship is the greatest thing going and the next day the Sam/Jack Ship is the worse thing in the World.The problem with the Show seems to be too many hands involved in the Show.Season 9 seems to be a mass of confusion.Everyone pulling in a different direction.There should be one maybe 2 people calling the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                              It's very hard to get a handle on the Sam/Jack Ship.Some of the Actors and TPTB have been all over the map with there Shipper comments.One day the Sam/Jack Ship is the greatest thing going and the next day the Sam/Jack Ship is the worse thing in the World.The problem with the Show seems to be too many hands involved in the Show.Season 9 seems to be a mass of confusion.Everyone pulling in a different direction.There should be one maybe 2 people calling the shots.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                                wow, that really does look like a rig. not even WoO is that high. give it a while to calm down though.

seriously, what did people see in that thing?

EDIT: why did so many people vote in that thing? and only the day after? i still can't find a poll that that many people voted in. that does say 12,000 right? NO1 had less than half that. somebody tell me I'm being stupid (and why)!

9.19 only 5000 people after week, and Camelot 13000 after day, oy
                                and 96% , better epi in history of SG
                                i am blindness, because Camelot is a normal epi without end, nothing more
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X