This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anne87
    Now you see, Teal'c has to be a role at the wedding where he can make speeches, purely because I want to hear more Jaffa jokes

Also, I don't think that either of them would go for a secret wedding. If they wanted to sneak around with it, something would have happened years ago. And in a way, I'm glad. The best way to spoil the ship (for me anyway) is for them to do something that breaks my view of their honourability (I don't care if it wasn't a word before, I'm trying to write fic, I'm feeling illiterate - it is now). This whole ship would be wrecked for me if I found something I really didn't like in either character, and the willingness (may be another new word, may be a real one already) to disregard what they believe in and what they're fighting for purely for what they want, no matter how real it is, would be one of those things.

Canon Sam/Jack should be a) there and b) open and honourable

ahem. feeling a bit rant -ey tonight. oh well
    Isn't that what we love and admired in Jack and Sam - their devotion to honor and duty above themselves. This is what made the heroes.
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
      Well you never know... 'Under alien influence...'

If there was a wedding, I would expect to see it on screen.
      At this point I expect nothing - and I sure that's just what I'll get.
      What I want is a whole nother story.
      sigpic
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        All very good episodes tonight, but I wish they would go back to normal succession. Maybe they are trying to hook new viewers with the variety. I always did think they aired some eps more than others. Seemed like COTG was on often.
        I like the theme of playing with time and all were shippy (at least to my demented mind).
        For people who don't have the DVD's or are new to the real SG-1 episodes keeping thing in order would be best. Often they play Frozen after Abyss which is just dumb.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          just swinging by this thread to vent.
          season 8 region 2 box set
          Spoiler:

no commentary for threads. ok, i got over that. there's a directors series featurette. not a single s/j shippy moment for the threads director series. not one! half the episode was s/j ship! and they don't even deal with jacobs death either! WTF! not even a mention of it!

(although there is a bit where AT is doing the pete meets dad scene, and she turns to the behind the scenes camera and says "i'm dumping him... shhh". very funny)

but still, i'm pretty irked right now. ggrrrr.

HOWEVER! i'm just listening to the gemini commenatry and there is a really really great bit in it. yay.

well this may make you feel a bit happier...

In the Official Stargate Illustrated Companion (under the 'Reckoning' episode guide) Amanda talked about the 'Threads' episode.

When Amanda went to film the scene where she's in the observation room overlooking Jacob (when Jack comes in and comforts her) she was really upset because Carmen (Jacob) wasn't going to be in Stargate anymore and she had been crying about it. she was sitting in the observation room ready to do the scene and before they started shooting Rick came in to do the scene and this is what Amanda said (in the illustrated companion)...

"Rick turned to me and said "You're not crying are you? and I went "Yes I am" and rick replied "I hate it when you cry. I hate it" and it was just the perfect prelude to that little scene between us".
          Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
          Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
          Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

its the second to last episode of season 9 of stargate tonight! EEK!
            Spoiler:
            Can't wait to see Vala back.
            i just watched some of it on the internet but i'm restraining myself from watching any further. its only 5 hours! the beginning looks so funny!

but OMG, only 2 more episodes... what am i gonna do with myself over the summer!!!!!!!!!!!! i need my fix of brand new stargate, although having said that, i really don't think its the same. i miss Jack too much!

Oh weel, at least there are RE-RUN'S!!!!!!!!! and even better... JACK IS IN THE RE-RUN'S.

part of me keeps going in and out of denial thinking Jack isn't in Stargate anymore. i mean, he's been mentioned a couple of times but thats not enough. i need Jack... Sam needs Jack!

i did like however in the weeks that follwed Jack's last appearence on Stargate, SkyOne had that Vote for your BEST Jack episodes. i voted in each one i think!

Over four weeks, Sky One gave us the chance to choose which Stargate episodes we wanted to see on Sky One.

Each week a different theme was covered based around Jack O'Neill.

The themes were: Action, Caring, Alien and Military and there were four episodes in each category to vote for.

They did the same thing when they cancelled 'Angel'. That pulled me right out of 'happy denial land' and plunked me straight down into 'harsh reality land'.

OHHHH i miss Jack! I need Sam & Jack together... my shippy heart can't take all this!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter

In the Official Stargate Illustrated Companion (under the 'Reckoning' episode guide) Amanda talked about the 'Threads' episode.

When Amanda went to film the scene where she's in the observation room overlooking Jacob (when Jack comes in and comforts her) she was really upset because Carmen (Jacob) wasn't going to be in Stargate anymore and she had been crying about it. she was sitting in the observation room ready to do the scene and before they started shooting Rick came in to do the scene and this is what Amanda said (in the illustrated companion)...

"Rick turned to me and said "You're not crying are you? and I went "Yes I am" and rick replied "I hate it when you cry. I hate it" and it was just the perfect prelude to that little scene between us".
              Aww. That is so sweet! They obviously worked perfectally together! That's probably one reason why Sam seems different this season. Amanda had no RDA to work off of.

BTW: I love your sig! I never realized the similarities and sybolisim between the two scenes. I know, I'm a bad shipper...

Spoiler:
              Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                Aww. That is so sweet! They obviously worked perfectally together! That's probably one reason why Sam seems different this season. Amanda had no RDA to work off of.

BTW: I love your sig! I never realized the similarities and sybolisim between the two scenes. I know, I'm a bad shipper...
                Isn't it sweet! Reading that made my day. The chemistry was so good.

I also love your sig, Sam Carter.
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                  Isn't it sweet! Reading that made my day. The chemistry was so good.

I also love your sig, Sam Carter.
                  Thanks! lol, and thanks gwenhwyfar. i love watching that scene knowing what went on just before it. makes it more believable! and i love those two scenes. its the fact that the scene in 'Lost City' is so similar to the scene in 'D&C' because they know what the other is thinking without saying it.

Oh and just a NB, there was originally supposed to be some dialogue in the D&C scene with the barrier but AT & RDA chose not to speak.
                  I think it made it more beautiful but i would have loved to know what the original dialogue was!

Comment

aaww, thats really sweet. i can't green rep you, so remind me later.

Comment

Thanks! lol, and thanks gwenhwyfar. i love watching that scene knowing what went on just before it. makes it more believable! and i love those two scenes. its the fact that the scene in 'Lost City' is so similar to the scene in 'D&C' because they know what the other is thinking without saying it.

Oh and just a NB, there was originally supposed to be some dialogue in the D&C scene with the barrier but AT & RDA chose not to speak.
                      I think it made it more beautiful but i would have loved to know what the original dialogue was!
                      Yeah. Just like the end of The Other side. RDA was supposed to speak then but chose not to.

Also, it mirrors D&C symbolocially. In D&C Sam was the one behind the barrier, seemingly about to die. In TLC it is Jack who is "behind the barrier", and about to die. The roles (and positions) are reversed but the emotions are the same. I wonder if it was done on purpose?

I'm probably overanalyzing again...

Spoiler:
                      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Wow, loving these Sam/Jack testimonials!

Just a fly by bump for my fave couple!

Just sayin', gotta share the love!
                        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                        sigpic
                        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          Who or where was it explained? I can sorta see the theme. Time out of whack.
                          There was a commercial on sci-fi saying that we would be watching SG-1 as never seen before. There would be a common link between the epis. Last night was time travel. I'm not that clever, they stated that. My question is whether or not there will be a ship theme. That could be very telling of things to come. If there is a ship theme then we know that the spirits are receptive to the idea. If there's no ship theme, we don't definitely know for sure that the ship is on the rocks, but we don't know for certain that it's anchored in a secluded harbour in the south Pacific surrounded by palm thatch huts, flowers and sandy beaches. Tahiti springs to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                            There was a commercial on sci-fi saying that we would be watching SG-1 as never seen before. There would be a common link between the epis. Last night was time travel. I'm not that clever, they stated that. My question is whether or not there will be a ship theme. That could be very telling of things to come. If there is a ship theme then we know that the spirits are receptive to the idea. If there's no ship theme, we don't definitely know for sure that the ship is on the rocks, but we don't know for certain that it's anchored in a secluded harbour in the south Pacific surrounded by palm thatch huts, flowers and sandy beaches. Tahiti springs to mind.
                            i actually don't think the network realises that a commitment to s/j ship, or any one particular ship is that important to the fans. i honestly think that they believe its a case of 'well as long as there's some sexual tension its all good, does it really matter who's with who in the long term'.

as for TPTB, i think its a different case. i think they want lasting relationships between characters for the sake of the show in the long term. as far as the network is concerned, short term works fine for them. if they cancell the show, they'll just get a new show to replace it. for the show runners themselves its totally different. they need this show to keep going, so they concern themselves with character relationships and developments, and in keeping the viewers invested. i think that showtime originally enabled the show to do that, and thats what got me interested. i had a personal interest and was invested in these characters. i think thats what's missing for me from atlantis. i don't really care that much about the show or its characters. i like shep, i like mckay, and the others are fine too, but i really don't feel invested in them that much.

anywho, thought i'd swing by and try to bring some good cheer as suggested by SC. just a couple of tid bits on the season 8 dvd commentaries;
                            Spoiler:

on sacrifices: the scene where sam and jack are doing the walk and talk through the corridors of the sgc, damien kindler says at the start of it somethign like "oh watch this, this is cute" and then at the part where jack turns to look back at the jaffa and sam grabs his arm to turn him back, kindler says something like "hey your my guy..." then as if he just realised what he said he goes "... or are you?"

then on the one for gemini, where replicarter hesitates to shoot imaginary jack i believe its andy mikita who says "see she can't shoot him..." then whispers quickly "because she loves him".

well i loved those parts. it'll probably be a couple of days before i get to go through the last 2 episode commentaries though. reckoning 1&2 and moebius 1&2, both with PDL.

Comment

Keeping the moral high

New wallpaper : Reunited

Caty

Comment

Love the wallpaper Catysg1!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X