This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eeks! page 2??? I don't think so.

So-any thoughts on the ratings and the olympics. seems funny to me that american idol beat the pants off the olympics and the olympics beat the pants of sci fi friday??? Nah!
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Olympics? I didn't watch any of that.

Oh wait, I spent 15 minutes watching Canada lose the hockey game to Russia. Grrrrrr.
      sigpic
      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
        (((Nell))) Big hugs for trying to make us feel better.

[spoil]Personally though, I think tptb made a huge faux pas with this scene and this is damage limitation.
        Spoiler:
        Sam sorted out RE her feelings for Martouf a long time ago - and although I firmly believe she loved him, it was in a platonic / friendship sort of way. D&C proved exactly where Sam's romantic feelings lay. I get "the happy to see him" vibes and the interaction between them up to the almost kiss point, but that bit just ticks me off immensely.

The only thing that would have made me feel better about it is if it had been
        Spoiler:
        more one sided with Martouf leaning in for the kiss and it being like a replay of the S/J kiss in POV.

Guess I haven't calmed down enough about this scene yet to want to find a rational response to it
        You sound calm enough, at least I see no smoke coming out of your ears and nose
        I totally agree with you in thinking that tptb made a huge faux pas with this scene, and in going for the humourous take with the asgard interruption they made it impossible for the only redemption of this scene which would have been
        Spoiler:
        showing Sam coming to her senses and stoping herself the leaning into the kiss with a shocked face

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
          eeks! page 2??? I don't think so.

So-any thoughts on the ratings and the olympics. seems funny to me that american idol beat the pants off the olympics and the olympics beat the pants of sci fi friday??? Nah!
          And no, not really a shocker
          sigpic

Comment

My goodness, midle of second page?! That won't do at all
            Bump

I never get tired of seeing this one

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
              Here ya go Bucky. (I knew exactly where it was, 'cause it's just too cute.)
              Awwww. Thanks!

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                nell, if you have the interview, do you also have a scanner? i'd love to read what was said.

or, if you wouldn't mind, you could type of just that part of the article (relating to ripple effect). either way, i really want to read it!

thanks for passing this along... it's making me feel better.

sally
                Back from the bookstore. It ended up with me buying the magazine, oh well, it does have some interesting interviews and nice pics, even though S9 is not what I want it to be. When I took the mag to the clerk he opened it up and looked in it. Maybe that's customary to see if I had hidden something else in it, dunno. Then a bit later he did it again. Sure glad I hadn't bought a sex manual or whatever. Then after the third time, I thought this is too much, and asked him if he were a science fiction fan. He said, " I'm a Friday night watcher." I said, "It's not what it used to be." and took my leave. Guess he will be over by the sci-fi mags on his break. And I lost my chance to ask him his opinion, but I had to get back.

Need to look over the quotes before I post what was said.
                Last edited by Gatetrixer; 27 February 2006, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                  Awwww. Thanks!

Bucky
                  You're welcome. And thank you!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                    MirthMistress, I went back five pages looking for whatever this was referring to. Please direct me, give me a page number on the thread, or a link, or something. It always looked to me like RDA and AT had genuine (and honorable) affection for each other. Be nice to see.

Bucky
                    I certainly never meant to imply any impropriety between RDA and AT so please forgive me if I gave that impression. I was merely looking with shipper eyes to the implication that with that type of autograph the actors were stating clearly what TPTB would not. AND on their wedding photo, no less. There is obviously deep affection between RDA and AT and it shows clearly in their work. Their friendship is what gave rise to our ship.

Comment

In the Stargate magazine each episode has a spoiler and then comments from RCCooper. Here's what he said about RE: This episode is a love letter to fans. We try and do one of these every year. There's always an episode that really rewards the fans that have been watching the show for nine years now. Citizen Joe was like last year. If you haven't watched the show before and you watched Citizen Joe you'd be like "Huh?" You wouldn't get any of the jokes. Ripple Effect is like that, all about the past coming back. Seeing the past and how it affects our new characters is a lot of fun, too. JM did a great job writing that episode and I think it will be, for long-term fans of the show, a favorite. (Then describes his favorite humorous scene from RE) There's one shot where
                      Spoiler:
                      Martouf and Carter are about to kiss and we pan down and the Asgard
                      is standing right between them looking up. It's priceless.

Nothing there about Sam's feelings re Martouf. Will read more.
                      Last edited by Gatetrixer; 27 February 2006, 02:47 PM.

Comment

hi ive just completed my first image and i was just wondering wot u think of it hehe
                        Attached Files
                        the best formular
                        (+)x(+)=
                        proud member of ship ship hooray special Ops team

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          In the Stargate magazine each episode has a spoiler and then comments from RCCooper.
                          JM did a great job writing that episode and I think it will be, for long-term fans of the show, a favorite. (Then describes his favorite humorous scene from RE)
                          Spoiler:
                          There's one shot where Martouf and Carter are about to kiss and we pan down and the Asgard is standing right between them looking up.
                          It's priceless.

Nothing there about Sam's feelings re Martouf. Will read more.
                          Thanks for posting this Gatetrixer.
                          I'm speachless that he thinks long time fans would find that scene funny,talk about delusional tptb.
                          No wonder the viewing figures are so low.
                          Last edited by jafacakes; 27 February 2006, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by true_romance
                            hi ive just completed my first image and i was just wondering wot u think of it hehe
                            Very nice!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                              Very nice!

thank you i think its alittle fuzzy and how do u get them up normally like u would text????
                              the best formular
                              (+)x(+)=
                              proud member of ship ship hooray special Ops team

Comment

[QUOTE=Presley_Carter]Can the shippers out there help me please? I read a fan fic a wile ago where Sam And Jack are on holidays at a beach house - Sam dances to "You Can Leave Your Hat On" and a very...interesting body shot scene was involved...if you know this fic or wrote it can you please pm the link - I think posting the link would break the PG 13 rule. Many thanks!!!![/QUOT

Is there is rule we can't recommend adult fics?

Comment

Working...
                                X