This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    on Atlantis the only pair I ship for is the puddlejumper and the gate-at least that way I am guarrenteed that there will be some action.
    LOL!
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
      {snip}
      and infer shippy moments between Caldwell/Weir(the only one that makes me cringe),
      {snip}

The writers, on the other hand, see each episode as a place to explore an idea or see what might work with a character--as long as they're 'in the ballpark' of the "Stargate" universe, they don't see a problem. Thus, once they've given us what they think is a romantic payoff for Sam and Jack, they feel free to move on to have the characters do as they please. In my head Sam and Jack are resolved. I'm going to leave them that way.

{snip}
      I don't watch Atlantis. I've seen a few bits and pieces and I like the idea of Caldwell and Weir.

Regarding Sam/Jack ship, or maybe any...

I truly believe the problem is because there are several writers, each with their own ideas of "ship" and each working independently on different shows.

Then you mix in the many directors, each with their own ideas of "ship" and each working independently on different shows.

There isn't a defined path for anyone to follow. Well, except for the path that the good guys win and bad guys lose and even that view is getting foggy lately. I don't think it's that the PTB don't want to commit. I think it's because they are so disconnected they don't know how to.

Comment

menu for today, leftovers from valenship:

my favorites:

hard to read (they actually all do say "in"), with varing degrees of bad grammer, may or may not be GW sized, badly shrunk(), ...but yeah, there you go.
        there's more cake if you'd rather.

UhSir: well put. that actaully makes sense (reference PDL in RE).
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Fantastic Avatars

Keep up the awesome work
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I've noticed some reference to Shep/Weir shipping and made this observation: although she is civilian and he is military, wouldn't the regs still apply? Same for Teyla/Shep and Calder/Weir? I'm not sure about Calder/Weir since he's the ferry boat captain. I know he's more than that but I'm not sure he's under her command. However, in Long Goodbye
            Spoiler:
            at the very end when they were all discussing the events of the day, Calder made reference to the loads of paperwork that would result from the kiss
            What I'm getting at is that tptb are leading Atlantis down the same merry path we're endured. I wonder how long folks will put up with this.

On a lighter note, it's amazing what a little fanfic can do to lift the spirits. Kudos to SG1fanintn for her fledgling fic. Way to go. If I can figure out how to jello-o, I will.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
              On a lighter note, it's amazing what a little fanfic can do to lift the spirits. Kudos to SG1fanintn for her fledgling fic. Way to go. If I can figure out how to jello-o, I will.
              Easy !
              You see those little scales on the top of the posts ? Okay, then when you want to give green jello to someone, click on the scales of the post you want to give rep to. You'll see a window where you choose between 'I agree' (that will give green rep points to the person you tag) or 'I disagree' (that will give red rep points), and you can add a comment if you want. Et voila !

Oh, and I really liked sg-1fanintn's fic too !
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                I don't watch Atlantis. I've seen a few bits and pieces and I like the idea of Caldwell and Weir.

Regarding Sam/Jack ship, or maybe any...

I truly believe the problem is because there are several writers, each with their own ideas of "ship" and each working independently on different shows.

Then you mix in the many directors, each with their own ideas of "ship" and each working independently on different shows.

There isn't a defined path for anyone to follow. Well, except for the path that the good guys win and bad guys lose and even that view is getting foggy lately. I don't think it's that the PTB don't want to commit. I think it's because they are so disconnected they don't know how to.
                You make some really interesting points here, UhSir. I know exactly what you mean, but had never thought of it before. I suppose your point is epitomised in Ripple Effect
                Spoiler:
                With PDL directing parts of the episode as if at least one of the Cam/Sams were in a realtionship. That wasn't what Joe Mallozzi had intended at all.
                always and forever
                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                  Easy !
                  You see those little scales on the top of the posts ? Okay, then when you want to give green jello to someone, click on the scales of the post you want to give rep to. You'll see a window where you choose between 'I agree' (that will give green rep points to the person you tag) or 'I disagree' (that will give red rep points), and you can add a comment if you want. Et voila !

Oh, and I really liked sg-1fanintn's fic too !
                  Thanks florence. I never knew that!
                  always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                    Thanks florence. I never knew that!
                    When you click on my controls, you can view the comments under Latest Reputation Received

Comment

Hey all...

got bored...not shippy, but a bit wierd

http://photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/Sillyness/
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi everybody,

This feels a little weird, because I'm not used to advertising my work, but it's been suggested that I post an announcement in here when I publish a shippy fanfic. The story is at fanfic.net. It's called "The Poseidon Effect," and I posted the first chapter late last night.

PE is angst/drama/romance, but it's as canonical as I could make it and still have S/J together at the end. It isn't a fluffy story. In fact, it starts out with quite a bit of angst. Written to take place after the end of S8, it attempts to bridge the gap (to an extent, anyway) between s8 and s9.

Oh, and I'm a big believer in happy endings.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Hey all...

got bored...not shippy, but a bit wierd

http://photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/Sillyness/
                          Very effective though. Nice job!
                          always and forever

Comment

Thankies scjon

Hey Ayiana

You should post the link to your ff.net page, so we can read your other stories
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                              I've noticed some reference to Shep/Weir shipping and made this observation: although she is civilian and he is military, wouldn't the regs still apply? Same for Teyla/Shep and Calder/Weir? I'm not sure about Calder/Weir since he's the ferry boat captain. I know he's more than that but I'm not sure he's under her command. However, in Long Goodbye
                              Spoiler:
                              at the very end when they were all discussing the events of the day, Calder made reference to the loads of paperwork that would result from the kiss
                              What I'm getting at is that tptb are leading Atlantis down the same merry path we're endured. I wonder how long folks will put up with this.

they will do this, as long as we put up with it. that means watch.
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Hey Ayiana

You should post the link to your ff.net page, so we can read your other stories
                                Sure, but when it comes SG1, it's only one other story at this point. The bulk of my work is JAG fanfiction, and it's under a different penname. If you're a JAG fan, let me know, and I'll send along that link as well.

Here you go: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/983012/

Comment

Working...
                                X