X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    wasn't there a
    Spoiler:
    kiss for weir/shep in friday's ep? so you're telling me that the ptb gave those shippers a gift, then literally took it away with hints of teyla/shep ship? JEEZ!

btw, i'm not a fan of either ship because i don't watch the show. but shippers stick together!

(((atlantis shippers)))

sally
    that particular
    Spoiler:
    had nothing to do with Shep/Wier-it was the entities that had inhabited the characters and the being that inhabited Elizabeth initiated the kiss-it was not mutual and it wasn't real-and why should they play the Elizabeth/John fans any different than the sam/jack fans.
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Sure Sal, bit brighter, strip the colouring and ooh idn't that just a bunch more interesting without the shadowing...

thank you for this pic, michelle!

any photo experts out there know how to lighten this pic up, and focus on their lips? please

sally
      sigpic

Comment

2 BRILLIANT Music Videos

'Once In A Blue Moon' (this one made me weep!)

http://youtube.com/w/Sam-and-Jack?v=...gate%20romance

And I HIGHLY reccomend this one...

'Why Can't I' (has 'Threads' and 'Moebius' Clips in)

http://www.youtube.com/w/Why-can%27t...20I%20Stargate

they weren't made by me. i just foudn them and LOVED them!
        Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
        Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
        Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

wasn't there a
          Spoiler:
          kiss for weir/shep in friday's ep? so you're telling me that the ptb gave those shippers a gift, then literally took it away with hints of teyla/shep ship? JEEZ!

btw, i'm not a fan of either ship because i don't watch the show. but shippers stick together!

(((atlantis shippers)))

sally
          I like Atlantis, but I ain't shipping for any pairing on the show. They are going to pull the same crap on them as they did with us. It might even be worse because they can play Teyla/Sheppard shippers against the Weir/Sheppard Shippers and so on.
          Last edited by Rogue; 13 February 2006, 06:30 AM.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
            I like Atlantis, but I ain't shipping for any pairing on the show. They are going to pull the same crap on them as they did with us. It might even be worse because they can play Teyla/Sheppard shippers against the Weir/Shippers and so on.
            hence my distrust of the people in charge of the shows.

let's face it-they do the slap and tickle very well and I am not interested nor amused.
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

I like Atlantis, but I ain't shipping for any pairing on the show. They are going to pull the same crap on them as they did with us. It might even be worse because they can play Teyla/Sheppard shippers against the Weir/Shippers and so on.

I feel exactly the same way.

I think Atlantis's "The Long Goodbye" was expressly designed as an Equal Opportunity Shipping episode--but the end result is frustration for all shippers. I'm NOT shipping for any pair, but I can see long looks between Sheppard/Weir [the one I would root for if I'm not careful], hear scripted dialog between Sheppard/Telya, and infer shippy moments between Caldwell/Weir(the only one that makes me cringe), Ronan/Teyla, McKay/Weir, and although I'm not into slash: Sheppard/McKay, Beckett/McKay, and assorted minor characters in combo. They must be pumping pheromones in to the Atlantis air supply, pretty much guaranteeing that anyone in a room with anyone else has a shippy moment.

I really do not believe that the writers/producers intend to be mean to the shippers--and I think they are truly baffled when we're not satisfied with what they give us. They just think about the show and the characters differently than we do. For us "Stargate" is fantasy universe that we visit regularly. We develop affection for the characters much the same way we do for characters in beloved novels like "Pride and Prejudice" or "Little Women" or "Middlemarch." We're willing to suffer with those characters for years because we expect a payoff in the end.

The writers, on the other hand, see each episode as a place to explore an idea or see what might work with a character--as long as they're 'in the ballpark' of the "Stargate" universe, they don't see a problem. Thus, once they've given us what they think is a romantic payoff for Sam and Jack, they feel free to move on to have the characters do as they please. In my head Sam and Jack are resolved. I'm going to leave them that way.

And, whenever I feel myself slipping into shippery thoughts about "Atlantis," I'm going to remind myself of how the writers dealt with S/J. Just NOT going down that road again.

Bucky

Comment

I like Atlantis, but I ain't shipping for any pairing on the show. They are going to pull the same crap on them as they did with us. It might even be worse because they can play Teyla/Sheppard shippers against the Weir/Sheppard Shippers and so on.

I'm pretty much shipping for everyone on that show... As in I know it's probably going to be all screwy in the end, so why not just take whatever I can and be happy with it I admit I've leaned towards Shep/Weir, but i'm NOT going to invest myself at all into it... The way I see it on Atlantis, everyone gets with everyone, and that's how I justify all the diff. potential ships, lol. Yes in a weird way it works for/helps me.
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                  I'm pretty much shipping for everyone on that show... As in I know it's probably going to be all screwy in the end, so why not just take whatever I can and be happy with it I admit I've leaned towards Shep/Weir, but i'm NOT going to invest myself at all into it... The way I see it on Atlantis, everyone gets with everyone, and that's how I justify all the diff. potential ships, lol. Yes in a weird way it works for/helps me.
                  on Atlantis the only pair I ship for is the puddlejumper and the gate-at least that way I am guarrenteed that there will be some action.

Comment

I think that there are many more overt ships on Atlantis that SG-1. If I had to pick one that I could see more clearly than the rest, it would have to be Shep/Weir. But unlike Sam/Jack, (even in the early days), I don't find myself really thinking about it very much.
                    always and forever
                    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      on Atlantis the only pair I ship for is the puddlejumper and the gate-at least that way I am guarrenteed that there will be some action.
                      always and forever

Comment

RESULTS OF THE VALENSHIP POLL !!!

First, let me remind you about the poll we had running during Valenship yesterday.
                        It's now a tradition on Ship days (THE Ship Day or the mini-Ship days) to have a poll so that people can discuss about shippy stuff... If I remember well, we had 'What's your favorite shippy scene?' and 'What's your favorite hug scene ?' (or something like that)
                        For Valenship, the poll was :
                        What’s your favorite shippy quote ?

Note : we've only done the seasons 1 to 4 because... well, because it was long enough ! And because we wanted to leave something for the next ship event !

1 - Children of The Gods
                        Sam : You know, you really will like me when you get to know me.
                        Jack :Oh, I adore you already, Captain.

2 - Broca Divide
                        Jack : "By the way. How's the wound?"
                        Sam : "Wound?"
                        Jack : "I understand you got stabbed in the stomach or something?"
                        Sam : "Oh, yeah, it was nothing. With any luck there won't even be a scar."
                        Jack : "Oh good, I was concerned."
                        Sam : "You were?"
                        Jack : "Sure. If it doesn't heal properly you'll never wear that sweet little tank top number again."

3 - Hathor
                        Sam : Wow! That's a miracle.
                        Jack : Crunches.

4 - Solitudes
                        Sam : "Sir?"
                        Jack : "It's my side arm, I swear."

5 - There But For The Grace of God
                        AUSam : "Jack..."
                        AUJack : "Come here." He hugs her.
                        AUCatherine, as Daniel turns to her: "I take it they're not engaged in your reality."
                        Daniel: "No..."

6 - Politics
                        Jack : "Alright, wait a minute. Let me...let me get something straight. Engaged?"
                        Sam : "It is theoretically possible."
                        Jack : "It's against regulations."
                        Sam : "I'm talking physics, Sir.”

7 - In The Line of Duty
                        Jack: You did it Sam, you won.
                        Sam: [Shakes her head] It wasn't me.
                        Jack: Oh yes it was. You hung in there, you beat it.
                        Sam: The Goa'uld gave its life for me. It saved me.

8 - The Tok’ra part I
                        Martouf: I assure you Sir, she will be very safe with me.
                        Sam : Colonel, I need to do this, please.
                        Jack : Okay Son, but I want you to have her back by 11 o'clock. You understand?

9 - Spirits
                        Jack: Sam?
                        Sam:Coronel?
                        Jack: First Command… cool!
                        Sam: I’ll do my best Sir (Sam smiles)
                        Jack: I know you will Captain
                        Sam: Thanks (Sam blushes and looks down…) (Note from LOL4JACK : She was so into him already!)

10 - Point of View
                        AUSam: "I know you well enough to know that you don't have a clue what to say...but you don't have to say anything."
                        Jack: "C'mere."

11 - Small Victories
                        Sam : Still going fishing? (Smiles)
                        Jack : Yep. (Grins) Still staying here?
                        Sam : Yeah. I think I've had enough relaxation for a while, Sir. (Note from Flo : I wonder what they did during one whole week so that she’s so relaxed !)
                        Jack : (Grins slowly) OK!
                        Sam : (Smiling) Have fun.

12 - Divide and Conquer
                        Jack : I didn’t leave… because I’d rather die than lose Carter.
                        Anise : Why ?
                        Jack : Because I care about her… a lot more than I’m supposed to.

13 - Window of Opportunity
                        Hammond : Colonel ? Why are you out of uniform ?
                        Jack : Handing you my resignation.
                        Sam : Resigning ? What for ?
                        Jack : So I can do… this.

14 - Watergate
                        Doctor Markov : ( To Sam) Is he ALWAYS like this?
                        Sam : Actually, this is quite charming. (Smiles)

15 - Beneath the Surface
                        Jack/Jonah: I remember feeling feelings
                        Sam/Thera: For me
                        Jack/Jonah : No for Tor... I don't remember much, but I DO remember that.
                        Sam : So…
                        Jack : So… I’m just saying.
                        Sam/Thera : Well, then I feel better.

16 - Entity
                        Hammond : We may have to make some difficult choices. I know that Major Carter means a great deal to you.
                        Jack : She's a very valuable member of my team Sir.
                        Hammond : Yes she is.

17 - And another one from Entity...
                        Sam : I was shouting for you to hear.
                        Jack : We heard.
                        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

AND NOW THE RESULTS ! ! !

26 people have voted for this poll. Thanks !

#6 ex-aequo : Children of The Gods, Broca Divide, Point of Biew, Watergate, Entity (the 2nd quote) – With 1 vote each.

#5 : Entity (1st quote) – With 3 votes

#4 : Window of Opportunity – With 4 votes

#3 : Solitudes – With 5 votes

#2 : Beneath the Surface – With 10 votes

And #1 and winner of this Valenship poll… *drums*

DIVIDE AND CONQUER WITH 12 VOTES ! ! !

Once again, thanks to everyone who participated to Valenship ! It wouldn't have been such a success without you all !
                          See you soon for... EASTER SHIP DAY !

PS : and now, I can go and get some rest...
                          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence

And #1 and winner of this Valenship poll… *drums*

DIVIDE AND CONQUER WITH 12 VOTES ! ! !

Once again, thanks to everyone who participated to Valenship ! It wouldn't have been such a success without you all !
                            See you soon for... EASTER SHIP DAY !

PS : and now, I can go and get some rest...
                            Thanks so much for doing this florence. I knew I'd forgotten to do something yesterday. I'm not surprised about the poll result. It's what I would have voted for . One of the greatest moments in Stargate history!
                            always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                              I think that there are many more overt ships on Atlantis that SG-1. If I had to pick one that I could see more clearly than the rest, it would have to be Shep/Weir. But unlike Sam/Jack, (even in the early days), I don't find myself really thinking about it very much.
                              I taped the second showing of SG and Atlantis, but I ran out of tape half-way through Atlantis. Curses! I'll just have to wait until they repeat it to find out how it turned out. First half seemed pretty good though. I'm not shipping for anyone on Atlantis; I'm just enjoying it for the episodes themselves. I remember when I used to do that for SG in the pre- days. No way am I going down that road again with these same PTB! Good luck to all you other Atlantis shippers though. May your paths be easier than ours were.

sigpic
                              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

In regards to the whole Weir/Shep 'ship:

Spoiler:
                                When Phoebus/Weir kissed Thalen/Sheppard, it was just a rouse by Phoebus. Phoebus and Thalen were at war with each other. She tricked Caldwell and the others just so she could get the chance to kill Thalen.

At least our coupling was real - just alternate realities/timelines. And I'm not counting Jonah/Thera. Those weren't other people inhabiting Jack and Sam. Essentially they were Jack and Sam - without the regs standing in the way.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X