X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by florence
    Hello everyone !
    Welcome to the newbies : SAM&JACKquietschSHIP, anne87... and I'm sure I've forgotten someone... sorry

And welcome back to the 'older' posters ! We missed you !
    Since we're talking about the good old times, do you remember nearly one year ago when the shippers made GW explode when Threads aired in UK ? It was fun !
    Ah, yes... The squeee heard round the world! Those were the good old days when ship shone bright!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      Hello to all my old shipper buddies and I see several newbies that I don't know here. I thought I'd cross-post this vid on both ship lists. It has been up a few weeks but I haven't had time to read at GW at all so if you've already seen it, I apologize in advance

http://www.marimba26.com

"Far Away" by Nickelback

on the S/J page. Enjoy!

Everybody STOP what your doing and go and check out this video.

It is, as marimbas work always is, excellent.

Great song had just been made even better

misstweedledee xXx

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
      honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

someone say cake?

dang and I've just eaten
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hello everyone !
          Welcome to the newbies : SAM&JACKquietschSHIP, anne87... and I'm sure I've forgotten someone... sorry

And welcome back to the 'older' posters ! We missed you !
          Since we're talking about the good old times, do you remember nearly one year ago when the shippers made GW explode when Threads aired in UK ? It was fun !
          I forgot to welcome all the new shippers to the family. I hope you'll have fun and post lots.

I don't think Gateworld has ever recovered from the mass posting and subsequent explosion when Threads aired here.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            someone say cake?

dang and I've just eaten

*SHOCK*

Theres ALWAYS room for cake !!!!!!!

misstweedledee xXx

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
            honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
              Ah, yes... The squeee heard round the world! Those were the good old days when ship shone bright!
              meimei!

Hope you had a good day!
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                meimei!

Hope you had a good day!
                Thanks, Rogue and all of you who sent me birthday wishes and birthday green! I have a plot bunny niggling me after watching Friday's ep. I'll try to get it down on paper, er, computer soon!

Comment

Hey look...some of the 'older' shippers are here, and they're having cake.

That's great. Shall we join them for a slice?

Last edited by dipsofjazz; 05 February 2006, 01:05 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Rogue and all of you who sent me birthday wishes and birthday green! I have a plot bunny niggling me after watching Friday's ep. I'll try to get it down on paper, er, computer soon!
                    Can't wait!
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Just something of a flyby post here. Welcome to all new shippers. It's very comfortable here.

MeiMei, I have long enjoyed your work and was actually reading some of it between posts on this thread. Congratulations on taking your writing a step further. And don't forget about us shippers! Keep the good stuff coming.

Comment

THANX for the warm welcome!!

*LOL*

a miracle that there was no earthquakes determined

and ther´s a lot of self-pity on my side that I saw the episode
                        only few weeks ago (Jan.2006) on GERMAN TV

I`d rather died myself...than loose Carter

O'NEILL: Carter, there are people on this base who have families.
                        CARTER: What about you? If things had been different ...
                        O'NEILL: I wouldn't be here.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          I'm desperately trying to catch up with all I've missed lately, while I also await RDA's appearance in the MasterCard commercial on the Super Bowl today. Pacific Jack, I agree with you that
                          Spoiler:
                          there will ultimately be a happy resolution for our favorite pair. As to the almost kiss with Martouf in 9.14, I don't think it will be resolved or discussed. Like so many other disturbing moments, it will simply never be referred to again. If TPTB can't figure out a way to explain something, they ignore it.....every chance they get.

That being said, I also agree with someone else who said that the references to Sam's personal life in RE did mean something. Even thought they wouldn't come out and say it was Jack, it was. In every AU we've ever experienced, Sam and Jack have been together. Why should these AUs be any different? I also believe that Sam and Jack are together now. Threads, Moebius, Ex Deus Machina and Beachhead all gave us strong hints. I think the almost kiss with Martouf was latent Jolinar combined with Sam's guilt over killing our Marty, plus the emotions that must have been generate by the appearance of so many SG-1s. I'm going to ignore it. It was a bad move by PDL....just like the Sam and Cam elevator scene that got axed.

Our ship lives. It is one of the primary and enduring themes of the show, and I think RDA will do right by the fans and come back to wrap up the story.....or launch some direct to DVD movies. And has it occurred to anyone else that all this angst over Jack being gone and the dissing of him by other actors could instead be part of a big publicity plot aimed at keeping fans on edge until RDA is ready to work again.....to give the movies a boost? I'm just sayin.'
                          WELCOME BACK, sg-1fanintn!!! Hope reigns on The Ship!!! (did I say that correctly?)
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm overlooking some of the 'mistakes' TPTB made in a few Season 9 scenes including lack of confirming our Sam's and Jack's relationship, lack of acknowledging Jack as Homeworld Security Chief, and did I mention the unfortunate 'Sam leaning into Martouf for a k**s'? Yeah, BIG MISTAKE!! But, we're veterans in weathering the storms of The Ship. It's coming in Shippers!!! It's coming in!!! As sg-1fanintn said, we have some significant hints that speak to The Ship's existence in Season 9. I wouldn't be surprised if a little Shippy something is presented by the last epi of Season 9!!! TPTB are funny that way!!!
                          **steps away from podium and grins**
                          sigpic

Comment

REMEMBER THIS
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anne87
                              Just thought I'd say hi - been lurking for a few months and am taking the plunge and posting for the first time (so apologies for any glaring or not-so-glaring mistakes in anything I do).

As I only get terrestrial UK TV (we're only on season eight) I've been addictively reading spoilers on this thread for season 9 - wish canon would stop scaring me even if you lot on this thread can get the tiniest bit of optimism from anything, and I mean anything.
                              Welcome aboard the good ship Sam/Jack, anne87!

Just sayin', WHOO-HOO, you made your first post with us! Stick around and post lots, please!
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Okay, friends and fellow shippers. I have big news:

RDA's Super Bowl ad hasn't aired yet, but it's already online. Go to:
                                http://www.superbowl-ads.com/2006/prev/MacGyver.wmv

If the link doesn't work for some reason, try www.superbowl-ads.com, then select MasterCard.

Have fun!!!!!

Oh, gee.....now that I've caught up on my reading.....I realized you've all already seen it. Sorry.
                                Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 05 February 2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X