This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    All right.....as soon as I post this, I'm going back to see all of your reactions to tonight's ep. I was out at dinner when the first run occurred, so I just finished watching the second run a few minutes ago. My initial reaction:

Oh, for cryin' out loud!

Observations:

1. It was great to see
    Spoiler:
    Janet again.

2. I was excited at Teal's mention of Sam's
    Spoiler:
    honeymoon.

3. I was glad to hear
    Spoiler:
    Janet ask about General O'Neill.

After that, it all went downhill for me. Why? I anticipate you have similar reasons:

1. OUR SAM almost
    Spoiler:
    kissed Martouf! More revisionist history? I understand that she regrets killing him and was glad to see him, but.....that doesn't seem like something a woman who is in love with someone else would do.

2. Did you notice how the "real" Cam
    Spoiler:
    was sitting close to Sam every time there was a conference room scene? And did you also notice how close the two of them stood whenever they were talking? Gee, maybe there is a Sam/Cam ship!

3. Don't you think we should have seen
    Spoiler:
    Sam talking with Janet before we did?

4. Were the AU Sams with
    Spoiler:
    Jack or Pete? Hard to tell! They certainly took every chance to make us go "Squee," but then take away the joy with another uncertainty. I think this was intentional. I think it had more to do with messing with our heads than it did with storytelling. And I found it mean-spirited.

5. And then there's this deleted scene (find them off Gateworld's home page, if you haven't already). I know JM says PDL's interpretation was not the one JM had intended to convey.....but it still ticks me off. All I have to say is at least it was one of the AU teams.

Spoiler:
    Scene 38: Black Mitchell and Black Carter scheme and disappear into the elevator We were watching the dailies of this scene over lunch one day when I saw something that made me choke on my turkey club. In more than one take, Black Mitchell and Black Carter discuss as they head toward the elevator and then, inexplicably, take one another's hand and step inside. As the elevator doors close, they lean in for a kiss ... What the hell? I went down to set and asked Peter DeLuise, the episode's director, what the thinking was behind that scene. He explained that he was just offering up a visual cue to the relationship being hinted at throughout the episode.

Apparently, Peter had assumed that the references to AU Mitchell's dinner at the Hunan House (which didn't make the cut), AU Carter's pregnancy and honeymoon, all pointed to the fact that these two were "an item." An interesting interpretation I'd never thought of -- but not the one intended.

Yeah, well, that really doesn't make much difference at this point, does it? I am totally ticked and have lost all faith in the writers and producers. And just one more point: we've all been hoping Brad Wright would come back to SG-1, since we feel he writes the characters better than anyone else. Well, this was the most disturbing ep yet, shipwise.....and Brad helped write it!!!!!

Ok, sorry to be so negative, but those are my initial impressions. Now that I've offered my $2.00 worth (the post is too long for it to be my 2-cents worth) I'm going to go back and read your posts......to see how all of you are feeling about tonight's ep.
    Add our flying city of Shippertown, with full complement of drone weapons to the fleet listing I mentioned before....

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Kirk Alert?

I think so!!
      That fleet I mentioned comprises the entire S.T.A.K.S. fleet...I beleive we have probable cause to start kicking some serious PTB mik'ta....

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        I say, "Fire at will!"

Which one's Will?

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          I couldn't read this many words at this time of the morning Caty, but something in there caught my eye. Just thought it worth pointing out that any boyfriend/girlfriend for a partner in a canon ship is a plot device, regardless of how long they're around for.

True but some shows can be excellent at it Even if we think that 2 characters are meant together , it's quite entertaining to watch them have a life with others like Harm and Mac did .
          We can't say it was entertaining with the spud in SG1 .. and Kerry was alright but then again she was just passing by . I just think that with that plot device , we need to get into their personal life a bit more and see them outside work to appreciate the lovers .
          JAG was a criminal and law show but they still managed to throw in some really good ship stories charged with UST amongst the court cases and that was fabulous .
          SG1 is sci-fi , saving the earth from any kind of aliens ...they do not need to thrown any love plot device not related to the story because Sam, Jack or any others in military ranks would have enough on their plate . The military rules were enough to take Sam and Jack apart and to work the UST around that . If they introduce another plot like other lovers ( Pete and Kerry ), unless those stories are also thorough , then the boyfriends/girlfriends will never be accepted by most fans which is a shame because it could still be nice to watch . I really enjoyed Mac/Brumby in JAG and once he was gone , something was missing . The UST was still there but but the big tension was not as exiting .

So if we call Boyfriends/girlfriends as a plot device for the 2 lead characters who can't be together yet on a show because the show will be over too soon , then in some cases , it can be a really good idea if it is thought properly ....but it does not have to be ..and it didn't really have to be for Sam and Jack because the barriers in military were big enough to create UST between them . Pete and Kerry were just there for Sam and Jack not to appear poor old sod hanging on to something they could not have ..but at the end of the day , they can have anything they want ...Jacob said it to Sam " Don't let the rules get in your way " The time to actually decide to step down the military is crucial as they were saving the world ...but Jack asked to be transferred to homeland security for a reason and that reason was : Sam ..therefore now they should be together ..If they are going through the hard time of a long distance relationship , then Sam should look a little bit more concerned instead of
          Spoiler:
          nearly kiss Martouf ..a hug would have been plenty to show us she used to care about him
          ...She should speak about Jack and if they are now allowed to start a relationship , we should know all about it ..the UST would still be there because Jack is not around anyway ...and when you miss someone ..the UST is there too ....It's not because you are involved with a person that the UST has to stop ..specially in Sam and Jack's case as they are not in the same town right now anyway .

Caty
          Last edited by Catysg1; 02 February 2006, 12:15 AM.

Comment

nudge off page two
            sigpic

Comment

nudge on page one
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                If they are going through the hard time of a long distance relationship , then Sam should look a little bit more concerned instead of
                Spoiler:
                nearly kiss Martouf ..a hug would have been plenty to show us she used to care about him
                I like to think it was a sort of reminiscence of Jolinar's feelings. It's not impossible even if she died more 7 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  Which one's Will?
                  ROFL. So classic!
                  sigpic
                  Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                    I like to think it was a sort of reminiscence of Jolinar's feelings. It's not impossible even if she died more 7 years ago.
                    A hug like she gave
                    Spoiler:
                    Janet
                    would have been just fine , don't you think !!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      A hug like she gave
                      Spoiler:
                      Janet
                      would have been just fine , don't you think !!!

Caty
                      Maybe she had some unresolved feelings for him. Who the heck knows, it really didn't make any sense or really add to a storyline. I agree a
                      Spoiler:
                      hug instead of a near kiss would have worked. It would have also been nice if Martouf was not interupted when telling Sam who she was currently with. My bet it was Jack because Martouf was the Pete of that universe.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        Maybe she had some unresolved feelings for him. Who the heck knows, it really didn't make any sense or really add to a storyline. I agree a
                        Spoiler:
                        hug instead of a near kiss would have worked. I would have also been nice if Martouf was not interupted when telling Sam who she was currently with.
                        it was another of those wonderful moments that show gives us.

Why? who the
                        Spoiler:
                        hell
                        knows
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                          it was another of those wonderful moments that show gives us.

Why? who the
                          Spoiler:
                          hell
                          knows
                          Yeah, I am puzzled with the decision making on what to show and not show. It seems to be ok to either ignore S/J or have a anti-S/J moment but not a positive one. And the positive ones we get are usually so vague it can be interpreted both ways.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by trupi

Who made me almost kiss Matouf?
                            I knew it had to be some Alien influence! We need Jack to the rescue.
                            (Tried to green you - but they won't let me)
                            sigpic
                            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              yep, and that's why we're *almost* back to square one with not knowing what's going on with sam and jack. they thought, once again, that it was the end and they put sam and jack in a situation to go forward. did they go forward? who knows???

but i still have hope.

sally
                              The only hope I have, and I'm grasping at straws is that if they are quiet about Jack now, if they do make a movie with Jack, they will have the leeway to do just about anything instead of boxing themselves in.
                              Even if the movie is just on SciFi of released on DVD - if RDA is in it I will watch and will buy!!
                              And if is shippy and how could it not be - it would be heaven.
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I am also tired of when we do get a Jack and Sam moment it is either over in an absolute minute, so dark you can hardly seem them, flashing lights totally interfere with the whole moment, or as Rogue has stated it is so vague we arent't even really sure of what we saw. Of course that being said, when we get the bad stuff it just seems to go on and on and it is in plain view where we get to see everything. It used to be that I was concerned with how they were going to get them together; now I just want to SEE them get together. I honestly don't think that we need the the explosions like we did in
                                Spoiler:
                                Moebius
                                I think our shipper little hearts will handle that, we just need to SEE a lot of passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X