X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dexterav
    little misunderstanding
    I know what you think
    but for me this RS have only 2 options TOGETHER or nothing. Becouse SG is not a RL.
    All live is GREY, if this RS is gray (she kissing anyone, he kissing anyone) this TOPIC is only a waste a time.
    TOGETHER or NOT this is point (like ,hm, SAM & PETE)
    TPTB have a big smile on the face , GREY, no need show S&J in show, because RL is gray, nice
    Yeah TPTB like all shades of grey. It keeps us speculating on the status of the relationship.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I agree with you Rogue, there was no rhyme nor reason why Sam would
      Spoiler:
      romantically kiss Martouf now that she supposedly is on secure ground with Jack. Yes I could understand a kiss on the cheek, a warm hug, but no more than that. Martouf and Sam were together many times and although they had feelings for one another through Jolinar, it never climaxed into a kiss, so why now? Although Threads fell way short for most of us as being the romantic resolution we wanted to bring Jack and Sam together, I do think that it was their "all male" attempt at accomplishing said resolution, so why debunk your own work? I could even understand maybe not giving in to the romance just yet because they could use it at a later date; but having Sam, a much loved and repected character do something totally out of her nature when she just went through the biggest hurdle in her personal life and came out a winner is just self-destruction. I honestly don't think they have a clue what to do with Sam which mystifies me. I feel like they are gropping for stories and are turning the show into what they fought so hard for it not to be. Jack and Sam were not the main focus of Stargate and none of us expected or intended for it to be; but saying that, it has turned out to be one of the best aspects of the show IMO and TPTB would do well to accept it and use it to further develop their "new" show. I understand that RDA is no longer a regular on the show, but when he does return, and I hope like he** he does, then use him to better what has been wronged for so long. Give the people what they want and hey look, they tune in each week!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        It's not that simple in real life, Dex, so why should it be simple on Stargate? A long distance relationship takes a lot of effort, you don't get to see each other much and it's a strain on both parties. I was in a relationship where the distance was 600 miles, and the stress was too much, even though we'd been dancing around for years like S&J (not quite as many years, though, I have to admit). Sam and Jack are 1,600 miles apart... that's about 2,800 kilometres, so it's a hard thing to make work.

It's not black and white. It's not a case of together or not. It's grey. It's not exactly.

In Stargate ..sci fi ..it should be easier to handle that long distance ship because they don't just have planes to travel ..they have other things which go a lot faster for travelling like I mentionned in previous posts . ..and they can at least use one of those things ...right !!! so there is a damm obvious solution to their problem right there in front ot them ..and I'm not talking about the round circle .

For a real situation , I agree , it would be hopeless ..because very stressfull but Stargate is sci-fi and full of fast travelling objects .

Caty

Comment

Light future of SG1, especialy S&J, because is is ALL GREY

Sam married with Pete, Jack killing herself, because Sam married with Pete, after this Sam killing herself, because finds out loving Jack
          This is a nightmare for me
          i am a sleeping, or iam in wrong TOPIC
          You everyone bless the TPTB, for S&J (in 9. season)
          or my CPU & translator have a trouble
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Yeah, but Thor has other duties. He can't just be Sam and Jack's personal chauffeur.

May be but I'm sure he won't mind doing it once in a while . You can always cope in a long distance relationship if you still see each other once a week or even once every 2 weeks ..you will be looking forward to it too plus how long does it take
            Spoiler:
            for Thor to beam someone ...All he needs to do is program all his different duties and add one more . .. it's not like he accompanies them everywhere ..It's just a beaming machine . ..and it's there to be used either way .
            When you think that Love is probably the most important thing that should matter anyway to be able to function properly and be effective at work anyway . Love should be an important duty !!! if we want to call it that way ....and is worth saving . I would have liked to mention the puddeljumper too for a means of travel but will never be allowed for personnal reasons ..Shame though !!!
            Saving love will be another duty for Thor and that's all ...and the beaming machine will be programed to do it anyway .Thor does not have to be around and supervise the beaming . he did it for Jack once ..when Thor was ill ..He beamed Jack by programming the machine as he was not manualy activating the machine .
            It may look farfetched but It's sci-fi so I don't see why the beaming machine can't be used that way too . Love is not something to be sacrificed for something we think is greater . ...but Without Love ..what would the world be anyway .!!!

I also remember seeing a little object that Sam used once to
            Spoiler:
            beam her someplace else ..Can't she use that !!!! ..it will be her own little device to go and see Jack and vice versa

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
              I agree with you Rogue, there was no rhyme nor reason why Sam would
              Spoiler:
              romantically kiss Martouf now that she supposedly is on secure ground with Jack. Yes I could understand a kiss on the cheek, a warm hug, but no more than that. Martouf and Sam were together many times and although they had feelings for one another through Jolinar, it never climaxed into a kiss, so why now? Although Threads fell way short for most of us as being the romantic resolution we wanted to bring Jack and Sam together, I do think that it was their "all male" attempt at accomplishing said resolution, so why debunk your own work? I could even understand maybe not giving in to the romance just yet because they could use it at a later date; but having Sam, a much loved and repected character do something totally out of her nature when she just went through the biggest hurdle in her personal life and came out a winner is just self-destruction. I honestly don't think they have a clue what to do with Sam which mystifies me. I feel like they are gropping for stories and are turning the show into what they fought so hard for it not to be. Jack and Sam were not the main focus of Stargate and none of us expected or intended for it to be; but saying that, it has turned out to be one of the best aspects of the show IMO and TPTB would do well to accept it and use it to further develop their "new" show. I understand that RDA is no longer a regular on the show, but when he does return, and I hope like he** he does, then use him to better what has been wronged for so long. Give the people what they want and hey look, they tune in each week!
              I don't really understand either. Since Jack is no longer a focus of SG-1, let Sam and Jack have their relationship. But I think your right, they don't know what to do with Sam, hence bringing back old storylines and relationships for her. How about focusing on team relationships instead of bringing "others" back into the picture.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

If TPTB reading little this TOPIC , smile is a very BIG, because S&J is a gone and shippers S&J is HAPPY , GREY
                i am a dreaming
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                  Light future of SG1, especialy S&J, because is is ALL GREY

Sam married with Pete, Jack killing herself, because Sam married with Pete, after this Sam killing herself, because finds out loving Jack
                  This is a nightmare for me
                  i am a sleeping, or iam in wrong TOPIC
                  You everyone bless the TPTB, for S&J (in 9. season)
                  or my CPU & translator have a trouble
                  Well there is one thing I do know, Pete is out of the picture for our Sam. Who the other AU Sams have relationships with is not my concern. What I do think the other AU Sams showed our Sam is that
                  Spoiler:
                  they are moving on with their lives, she isn't. Maybe this will give her something to think about. And is her job that important to sacrifice her and Jacks happiness.

Rogue

Comment

I also thought that we would be done with the speculating part
                    Spoiler:
                    after "Threads" even though I thought that was a cop out. But come on after what nine years of waiting to be together, just going through an emotional roller coaster with both coming to realize that they truly love one another and always have, earth now is safe, the whole team goes their merry way and we are suppose to believe again after "Threads" that "duty" was still the number one priority for Jack when he hated being a behind the desk General in the first place. Sam too I guess had to leave immediately because Cassie was in dire need. Jack, of course, couldn't go with her and take a much needed break before he reported to his desk job or whatever he does. If I understand it right if it wasn't for Cameron none of the originals would have returned; its not like the president called each of them begging them to come back because once again earth was on the brinks of destruction. There was nothing stopping these two from starting their relationship the way they always wanted it to be.

Comment

hellooo shipper family
                      well, ripple effect was a little surprising, wasnt it?
                      Spoiler:
                      i liked the cryptic pregnancy/honeymoon bits (it is sooo jack- that's why they won't say!)
                      a bit surprised with the martouf near-kiss.. i thought maybe i'd just imagined it at the end lol but no. i'm willing just to put it all down to the jolinar feelingsy part of her. i don't care if she is with jack or they're just in a 'gray' area, she wouldn't kiss some guy who died 5 years ago who wasn't even from this universe when she even had a chance of a relationship with jack now . it was a little out of character i thought. the mentions of what happened between them were fine by me though (just as long as the break up in the end!)

just get on with it guys and get it on!
                      sigpic
                      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        Well there is one thing I do know, Pete is out of the picture for our Sam. Who the other AU Sams have relationships with is not my concern. What I do think the other AU Sams showed our Sam is that
                        Spoiler:
                        they are moving on with their lives, she isn't. Maybe this will give her something to think about. And is her job that important to sacrifice her and Jacks happiness.
                        i am not thinking Sam from AU or something like.
                        I am a think our SAM

(something like a BAD JOKE)
                        sigpic

Comment

Good point Rogue
                          Spoiler:
                          the other Carters did show Carter that they moved on with their lives; I really wish that that was what she got out of that encounter instead of trying to guess who she was with in other realities. Come on aren't we passed that by now. I would think that the Jack and Sam relationship would be picking up speed by now instead of still standing at the door. Caty, although I love that you have come up with a solution to get Jack and Sam together in the same state, what TPTB are showing doesn't suggest to me that they are that far, which is the problem, they should be. Right now IMO we should be seeing the strongest Sam because she not only has the job that she loves, but she also now knows in her heart that she has the LOVE of the man she has adored from the beginning; there should be nothing stopping her. What are we seeing? Sam saying "not exactly" when she should have said "I am in the best relationship of my life," with all the confidence in the world. When Martouf told her that they were once in a relationship in his reality, this is when she should have looked disappointed and confused; but when he said she was with someone new now, this is when the biggest and brightest smile should have been on her face because in her heart she knows her future is with Jack. This is the path that we should be going down, building on an already strong Sam and moving her on to the next phase in her life, Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                            Good point Rogue
                            Spoiler:
                            the other Carters did show Carter that they moved on with their lives; I really wish that that was what she got out of that encounter instead of trying to guess who she was with in other realities. Come on aren't we passed that by now. I would think that the Jack and Sam relationship would be picking up speed by now instead of still standing at the door. Caty, although I love that you have come up with a solution to get Jack and Sam together in the same state, what TPTB are showing doesn't suggest to me that they are that far, which is the problem, they should be. Right now IMO we should be seeing the strongest Sam because she not only has the job that she loves, but she also now knows in her heart that she has the LOVE of the man she has adored from the beginning; there should be nothing stopping her. What are we seeing? Sam saying "not exactly" when she should have said "I am in the best relationship of my life," with all the confidence in the world. When Martouf told her that they were once in a relationship in his reality, this is when she should have looked disappointed and confused; but when he said she was with someone new now, this is when the biggest and brightest smile should have been on her face because in her heart she knows her future is with Jack. This is the path that we should be going down, building on an already strong Sam and moving her on to the next phase in her life, Jack.

NICE! my cpu & translator o.k.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              and If Thor was
                              Spoiler:
                              was in ripple effect , then I bet Sam asked him to beam her to Jack's bed after work every day and beam her back to SGC every morning ... after all Sam should ask him to do that for her ..would be their little secret ..may be this is what's gonna happen in 2nd half of season 9 or maybe be Thor has been doing that all along since Jack has gone to washington ..therefore Sam does not feel the need to talk about Jack because she sees him every night ... LOL and she is very contented ......still does not explain the nearly kiss of her with Martouff so I think Thor is gonna beam her to Jack after ripple effect because she would have told him how much she misses Jack

Caty
                              Nice idea, to beam every night, but I'd have to say, since they are in time zones two hours apart, it would take a bit of adjustment and wear and better to make it say, once or twice a week.
                              Last edited by Gatetrixer; 27 January 2006, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Also
                                Spoiler:
                                as for Jack after what he went through with Sam and Pete, and Kerry telling him to his face basically that trying to put Sam behind him and continuing on with someone else isn't an option because he loves
                                Sam too much (besides the fact that Kerry gives him the road to take as you said Rogue), and also realizing that Sam wants to be with him, I would think that he would now let nothing separate them. Isn't that how strong the emotions were in "Threads", sometimes I wonder. Are we really suppose to believe that action-packed Jack was just dying to get to his "whatever" position at the Pentagon so much that he still left the wall up between him and Sam? We all saw how much he LOVED being behind the desk in the first place. Strong Jack was always his safe side that he felt comfortable showing, he now, with the LOVE of Sam whom he has adored from the beginning, under his belt should be the happiest and most comfortable we have ever seen. This would be building on to his character and moving him down the right and well deserved path.

Comment

Working...
                                X