This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k8tbug1
    Thought I'd put this little bit of optomism here. I'm reading the Atlantis novilization of Rising and this was in here. Will put in spoilers just in case
    Spoiler:
    Jack is flying over the snowy land of Antarctica w/ Sheppard in the helicopter. And thinking of how cold it is. And what else/who is he thinking of of. I'll type the exact sentence for all us shippers out there "Carter would love it out her-not." See this just proves that she is always on his mind. Granted this is from the authors pov. But still, its Jack O'Neill!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the post!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
      Thanks for the post!
      Not a prob. When I read that I was grinning ear to ear!!!

Comment

Trupi I asked JM about the
        Spoiler:
        Sam/Martouf almost Kiss on his Blog and no answer yet.The Blog was filled with complaints about the almost Kiss and it's not just Sam/Jack Shipper.Most Fans are getting fustrated with Sam/other.

Comment

Thanks sueKay.It took a while but it's great to get 1000.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
            Trupi I asked JM about the
            Spoiler:
            Sam/Martouf almost Kiss on his Blog and no answer yet.The Blog was filled with complaints about the almost Kiss and it's not just Sam/Jack Shipper.Most Fans are getting fustrated with Sam/other.
            I did the same thing.
            Spoiler:
            I complained about the almost kiss too. Very frustrating. Put a few words in about how frustrating the whole is Sam w/ or w/out Jack thing in too.

Comment

k8tbug1

- lucky you getting Rising!

Fandemonium seem to have mucked up some book orders...no book shops in my area have Rising yet, even though I've ordered it from Forbidden Planet, and I've reserved it at Waterstones just-in-case.

Anyway...I digress...

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                k8tbug1

- lucky you getting Rising!

Fandemonium seem to have mucked up some book orders...no book shops in my area have Rising yet, even though I've ordered it from Forbidden Planet, and I've reserved it at Waterstones just-in-case.

Anyway...I digress...

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!
                Ordered mine from amazon.com!! Couldn't find it in any bookstores How uncivilized of them!!!

Comment

This was taken from someone on the RE thread who is an anti-shipper.

3. The romantic moments of the episodes did nothing other than to bait, annoy, and show a lack of regard for the shippers (any camp). One Sam was married. To whom? Jack, Pete, some guy named Bob we've never met? The attempt at detail failed to provide depth for the episode's structure. One Sam was on maternity leave. She obviously picked a partner earlier; again, whom did she choose? Can we assume that Teal'c is the father then? Did she marry the guy who died in 2001. To make matters worse, our Sam has an insatiable desire to kiss Martouf, which is only interrupted by an extremly "helpful" Asguard. What does that mean? Does that mean that the end of Threads was a bunch of bunk? Was Sam's depression in Beachhead due to having to break up with Jack? Personally, I don't care who Sam dates anymore, but I want a straight answer. This ploy of teasing the shippers is beginning to appear as a disrespect of many fans and did little for the episode.

I have to believe that this is nothing more than another case of poor writing. It wouldn't surprise me that TPTB really had NO idea that the scene would be taken this way.(just another one of their warped jokes) If (when) Jack returns they probably will act as though this never happened. Remember Daniel hooking up with that woman right after Share died. I know that being a man shouldn't be an excuse for being an idiot but I'm really beginning to wonder if they have a clue where they are going with this show. It is positive to know that ALL fans are getting fed up with showing Sam so out of character. It seems that everyone has accepted Threads as canon. Everyone except the writers, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                    This was taken from someone on the RE thread who is an anti-shipper.

3. The romantic moments of the episodes did nothing other than to bait, annoy, and show a lack of regard for the shippers (any camp). One Sam was married. To whom? Jack, Pete, some guy named Bob we've never met? The attempt at detail failed to provide depth for the episode's structure. One Sam was on maternity leave. She obviously picked a partner earlier; again, whom did she choose? Can we assume that Teal'c is the father then? Did she marry the guy who died in 2001. To make matters worse, our Sam has an insatiable desire to kiss Martouf, which is only interrupted by an extremly "helpful" Asguard. What does that mean? Does that mean that the end of Threads was a bunch of bunk? Was Sam's depression in Beachhead due to having to break up with Jack? Personally, I don't care who Sam dates anymore, but I want a straight answer. This ploy of teasing the shippers is beginning to appear as a disrespect of many fans and did little for the episode.

I have to believe that this is nothing more than another case of poor writing. It wouldn't surprise me that TPTB really had NO idea that the scene would be taken this way.(just another one of their warped jokes) If (when) Jack returns they probably will act as though this never happened. Remember Daniel hooking up with that woman right after Share died. I know that being a man shouldn't be an excuse for being an idiot but I'm really beginning to wonder if they have a clue where they are going with this show. It is positive to know that ALL fans are getting fed up with showing Sam so out of character. It seems that everyone has accepted Threads as canon. Everyone except the writers, that is.
                    Thanks for posting that. It shows the shippers ain't the only ones fed up with TPTB.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Someone else on the thread (sorry I can't remenber who) made a comment about Sam say "I missed you so much" to Martouf just before the awful almost kiss. I had to post and say I heard the same thing and although it was Amanda's voice it certainly didn't sound like Carter to me. I immediately thought of Jolinar being brought out. I don't think Sam ever had feelings like that for Martouf but Jolinar did. And why bring this to the fore now. I'm sticking with my belief that Sam & Jack ARE together and Sam did stop herself in time and then noticed Kvasir. she was, afterall, fighting an alien influence (TPTB)!
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                        ...she was, afterall, fighting an alien influence (TPTB)
                        ROFL! There's gotta be some kind of big, honkin' space gun to fend them off with, right?
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                          ROFL! There's gotta be some kind of big, honkin' space gun to fend them off with, right?
                          yep, i'll just go get mine

*runs off to find space gun*
                          ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                            yep, i'll just go get mine

*runs off to find space gun*
                            And I'm off to the armoury. I'm sure some zats would come in handy as well.
                            sigpic
                            Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                              And I'm off to the armoury. I'm sure some zats would come in handy as well.
                              oohhh definately... meet in the briefing room...
                              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Would someone here please answer this question? Did bad(black uniform) Cam and bad Sam hold hands? I've watched it twice (and that's enough) and didn't see it, yet someone on another thread said they did. (not sure which thread I was reading) I know JM said they edited out holding hands and a kiss. But was there another time that didn't get edited?

I did notice that after the briefing, bad Cam, who had both hands on the table, withdrew his hand nearest to bad Sam and put it under the table. It looked a bit like he did it to grasp her hand, as it to say, "We're in luck, they're buying our story."

Why did Daniel gape like an idiot when the bad Teal'c told him his Sam had returned from her honeymoon?

Comment

Working...
                                X