Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to think like that Dex, I want to keep waiting in hope of ship but now that they've give us that I don't know how selective my memory can be. I've 'forgotten' too much already. I love SG and I want to keep watching but things just aren't right anymore and I really can't make sense of TPTB.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Titanic is back and its sinking fast........

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

I know this is not the Sam thread but TPTB are ruining the Sam character. I'm not even sure they are aware until they see fan reaction. I think it is, we need sex in this episode so let's have our female character kiss, almost kiss, show interest in, or whatever towards some male character. I am not a feminist but these writers have NO idea how to portray a strong female. They are writing from a male perspective on how they think a woman would respond or react. Unfortunately, what comes across on the screen gives Sam haters and anti-shippers fuel for their tirades. I believe that by season 9 Sam will be practically a non entity and Vala will be front and center. Then, all the anti-shippers will be able to say. See, the Sam and Jack ship ruined Sam's character.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
          Titanic is back and its sinking fast........

but only for this time
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i've still got time before i get to see ripple effect, but...

spoilers for ripple effect

Spoiler:
            one of the things that joe said was that this ep was showing things that could have been/might be. he also put it like it's seeing into the past, present, and future. so could this 'sam is married and pregnant' mean it's 'our' sam's future?

just something to consider?...

sally
            I really hope it is!! and I hope somewhere along the line we get to see it!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
              I know this is not the Sam thread but TPTB are ruining the Sam character. I'm not even sure they are aware until they see fan reaction. I think it is, we need sex in this episode so let's have our female character kiss, almost kiss, show interest in, or whatever towards some male character. I am not a feminist but these writers have NO idea how to portray a strong female. They are writing from a male perspective on how they think a woman would respond or react. Unfortunately, what comes across on the screen gives Sam haters and anti-shippers fuel for their tirades. I believe that by season 9 Sam will be practically a non entity and Vala will be front and center. Then, all the anti-shippers will be able to say. See, the Sam and Jack ship ruined Sam's character.
              You're right....
              TPTB said that this season would be getting back to military/scentist Sam, going away from her love life but they don't sem to be getting that far.....

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

2 stargate7777

See, the Sam and Jack ship ruined Sam's character
                no, Sam character ruined TPTB, no shipy especialy, ship S&J
                for 8. years this shippy no ruined her character and for this time yes?i disagreed

i know ships S&J no like for all, but this ships is especial
                Last edited by dexterav; 22 January 2006, 10:44 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                  Forgive me, I'm just catching up on this thread, so this is a response to a post from several pages back:

Ses, I don't think tptb will
                  Spoiler:
                  try to put Sam and Cameron together
                  . I think Peter DeLuise just went with the flow implied by the episode--
                  Spoiler:
                  infinite universes imply infinite possibilities
                  and misread JM's intention.

But, LOL, good catch by Mallozzi! I don't see any agenda, though. The fact that Joe gave an emphatic "NO!" to the possibility of
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam and Cameron
                  even in AU is very good news for S/J.

Bucky
                  Spoiler:
                  actually everything would be fine if BlackSam kissed BlackCam-- they're AU, it doesn't affect us. I wish Joe had kept that kiss and thrown out the real one with Martouf.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

http://www.stargate-dream-team.de/vi...hes%20high.zip

OH MY GOD!
                    And TPTB destroy this RS!
                    sigpic

Comment

Great point sacme.I just want this Season to be over with.I do not even watch the Show
                      Spoiler:
                      and it's been very hard.I just hope for better things in Season 10.It cannot get much worse.Right?

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        Great point sacme.I just want this Season to be over with.I do not even watch the Show
                        Spoiler:
                        and it's been very hard.I just hope for better things in Season 10.It cannot get much worse.Right?
                        Spoiler:
                        STRONGHOLD
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                          Spoiler:
                          ^you should put that in spoilers.

Spoiler:
                          I was thinking the same thing. I almost hope Sam and Jack aren't together yet because of the implications of the kiss. Maybe they both got called away right after the fishing scene and never got to resolve things? Who knows? I've decided I'm no longer going to believe anything unless it's said explicity or we see it on screen.

But I agree, we are suffering from a lack of female powers to reign in the male libido. ***Spoiler for Battlestar Galactica*** I listened to the podcast for Friday's BSG and they were going to have a scene where Baltar and Gina (the tortured cylon) were going to get intimate. But the actress said that didn't make any sense, because her character had been raped not long before. She shouldn't be able to be intimate so soon. And the writers realized she was absolutely right and what were they thinking and changed the scene. Of course this a real extreme from our situation, but it just feels like we don't have someone strong enough in the writing room saying, no, this isn't right. This doesn't make any sense, she wouldn't be acting this way. If AT is complaining, they're not listening to her.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                            Spoiler:
                            well, that's what I thought before RE. now I'm not so sure.

ship sistah

Comment

I'm writing a RE based fic at the moment. I haven't decided on a title yet. I really liked Beneath the Suface, but it's been done, so I might call it Skimming, or Pebbles. I want a title that's related to Ripple Effect.

Anyway, it explains the
                              Spoiler:
                              near-kiss
                              but it's not a nice read. I promise I'll make up for it in the end. It'll be happy in the end, but it's a tough beginning. I'd also recommend having your acquired copy (be it VHS DVD or otherwise) of RE by you when you read it, because a lot of it plays on people's facial expressions.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hi to my fellow shippers. I've not been around much lately. Not much to ship about in s9. I've just watched Ripple Effect (twice!) and thought I should add my two cents. I think
                                Spoiler:
                                the Martouf nearly kiss was a mistake and Sam realised it. Perhaps a combination of fatigue and the emotional overload. Sam seems to stop just before the kiss, and before noticing the Asgard. She has a look on her face that I think says she knows this is a mistake. She then thanks the Asgard for the interuption, ie, stopping her from making a BIG mistake!
                                Well thats my take on it. Keep thinking happy thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X