This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoser
    If Peter DeLuise is one of TPTB he must be out of the loop.
    i think he's mostly on atlantis now maybe? does anyone know better on this?

Comment

Very nice sueKay.I would like one please.Thanks

Comment

snipped
        Originally posted by ses110
        TPTB have always liked to push the
        Spoiler:
        Sam/other Ship and I hate to say it but TPTB may also be pushing Sam/Cam.I think TPTB are going to push up to a certain point and stop.There may be more Sam/Cam moments in StrongHold and Arthur's Mantle.Things may be tough for Shippers watching those episodes. .
        If they continue in this vain I will pop in my Season1 - 8 DVD's and watch that on Friday night. As regards their inability to resolve the Sam and Jack love story - as my mother use to say 'Excrete or get off the recepticle!'
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Great idea.I may try that as well.The episodes are much better IMO.Someone from TPTB needs to step up and say we cannot
          Spoiler:
          Ship Sam/Cam or even make it look like there is any Ship between them.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

Spoiler:
            I think 99% of gaters are dead-set against Sam/Cam ship...I think they're doing this solely because people don't like Lam and that' who they wanted to hook Cam up with
            Uh, Not sure what counts as spoilers here. Just mentioning characters and fans' reactions to them. No plot info. If that's spoilery, then skip ahead to the next post:

Why don't people like Carolyn Lam? I do. I read a great fic recently that had a secondary ship pairing Mitchell with Vala--of all people. When I asked the author about it, she said it was because she could not stand Lam. Most puzzling. Is it because she's short, red-headed and feisty, but still not Janet? I am genuinely puzzled by this animosity. And I think Cam and Lam make a cute couple.

As for your other point, I don't think you need to fret about a potential Carter/Mitchell romantic subtext. There are guys who turn you on and guys who don't--not matter how hot they are. S/J had sexual energy from the first scene. Sam and Cam had 'good bud' energy from the first scene. As far as I can tell, tptb do not want to go down the shipper road again. They may toy with us, but big romantic stories are going to be reserved for Daniel, maybe Teal'c, possibly Cameron.

I don't see any evidence of a Sam/ Cam ship. None. The writers have gone out of their way to establish that they are friends. Good friends. Close friends. Comfortable friends.

Just friends.

Bucky

Comment

Just to throw my 2c into the pot here on the men coming back into Sam's life this season.

Spoiler:
              just in case....

I see it all as closure. They've been closing off all other possibilities for Sam. She told Barrett she's not single. Orlin is a child in an institution now. She's finally been able to get some closure with Martouf.

I don't see this as a bad thing, but rather a clearing of the road, so there's only one possibility remaining. Sam & Jack.

With all of these storylines tied up, eventually there'll be no.. but what about so and so.. coz all of those stories will have an end. By leaving the Sam/Jack thing open, they're keeping that story open and by elimination.. the only option...

Hope that gives hope to some of you, but it's how I see it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                Just to throw my 2c into the pot here on the men coming back into Sam's life this season.

Spoiler:
                just in case....

I see it all as closure. They've been closing off all other possibilities for Sam. She told Barrett she's not single. Orlin is a child in an institution now. She's finally been able to get some closure with Martouf.

I don't see this as a bad thing, but rather a clearing of the road, so there's only one possibility remaining. Sam & Jack.

With all of these storylines tied up, eventually there'll be no.. but what about so and so.. coz all of those stories will have an end. By leaving the Sam/Jack thing open, they're keeping that story open and by elimination.. the only option...

Thanks for the morale boost Myrth. Can always count on you.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Sam smilie, everything fine!
                  S&J TOGETHER!

good night
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    just in case....

Spoiler:
                    Seems like a waste of time to provide closure to relationships that never existed in the first place. Seriously, other than people with an anti-Sam/Jack agenda, who is asking "what about so and so" or sees any possibilities for Sam other than Jack? If TPTB want to shut those groups up, there's a simpler way to do it: have Sam commit unambiguously and overtly to Jack (e.g., marriage).

Comment

Spoiler:
                      just in case....

I love this interpretation too!
                      always and forever
                      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

I don't think it's got anything to do with fan groups and shutting people up. I think it's got more to do with the natural flow of the story.

One thing many people don't seem to realise is that a story can be written for it's own sake, not just to please an audience group...

Meanwhile an idea popped into my head while watching adn I couldn't resist this....

Be warned.. this is a spoiler pic for RE for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/birthday.jpg

Originally posted by parsifal
                        Spoiler:
                        Seems like a waste of time to provide closure to relationships that never existed in the first place. Seriously, other than people with an anti-Sam/Jack agenda, who is asking "what about so and so" or sees any possibilities for Sam other than Jack? If TPTB want to shut those groups up, there's a simpler way to do it: have Sam commit unambiguously and overtly to Jack (e.g., marriage).
                        sigpic

Comment

Pic Originally Posted By Dexterav

Sam: Don't even pretend that's your sidearm

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Pic Originally Posted By Dexterav

Sam: Don't even pretend that's your sidearm
                            Thanks Tracy Jane and Dexterav!
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                              Thanks Tracy Jane and Dexterav!
                              Always a pleasure. The sidearm jokes NEVER get old in my book

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                                To answer your question, after rewatching
                                Spoiler:
                                I withdraw my comments on Sam's lack of emotion. The black teams mention of Selmack was to Landry without Sam present. All we see is Sam's response to Teal'c mentioning Selmack could be alive in an AU. We don't see Sam's response to actually hearing that Selmack is alive there. And I don't think under the circumstances, her reaction was anything out of the norm. IMO anyway.
                                Sometimes a second watching is necessary.

I finally watched the RE(and haven't rewatched at all) and thought that it probably wasn't the first time she had heard it when Tealc mentioned it.
                                Spoiler:
                                Really don't understand why Selmak is mentioned by himself, though, unless he and Jacob are not "together." Although, didn't the black team mention them at the same time, so why would they do that if Jacob and Selmak weren't? All I can say is it's a good thing they concentrated on just two of the AU teams
                                or this ep would have been the most confusing of all time.

I apologize for not using spoilers the first time around.
                                Last edited by Gatetrixer; 21 January 2006, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X