This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
    I think truthfully, Sam would never have *fished* because while she's OK breaking the rules if it saves people, she generally prefers to keep to the rules as a character trait.

So if they had gone fishing in Nemesis I can see them getting to the point where they both might have wanted *fishing* but wouldn't have *fished* until they came back and arranged things so they could.
    Oh, absolutely. That's why I said "If Sam had been willing to go fishing". Cause I can't see her doing it. Obsessive rule following simply because they exist, even above and beyond the actual rules (her hair is a fabulous example of this, btw) is a definite character trait which both Replicarter and Jacob call her on, and is something she had to 'get over' before she could even get to a point where finding away *around* the rules was possible (like.. um.. wearing your hair anyway you want it off duty, but putting it up in uniform).

See? The hair analogy is alive and well.

SGU
    Spoiler:

I guess I'm in the small minority that actually likes the characters. I find them fascinatingly flawed and interesting.
    I just wish they were a little less flawed. Though, while I know the writers are getting flak about their portrayal of females, except for Eli, it's the males I find almost stereotypical and the females I find have more depth and interest...

Either way, I'm still watching and pissing and moaning about the mid-season hiatus, so there's that lol
    The pacing is off to me - I think TPTB have got slightly carried away by the emphasis on character moments and overarching themes to the point where they've forgotten they still need to deliver a cohesive and interesting story of the week too.
    Oh, I agree. Also, less of the fancy filmwork, more of the stuff happening... I do hope they find their balance, as you say.

Though the overarching themes seem to be mostly LOOONG character moments. I used to think what they needed was someone in the cast to have a baby so they could come up with a really good story arc to explain it.. but then I found out they had one and missed that opportunity. Darn. And I thought I'd had something there...

Then again, if it turns out that's what happens in the second half, y'all are gonna think of me.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      Just wondering. Is there any specific reason why the SS has to be in today? I thought that we usually recieve them at Shipmas, but I could be wrong.
      Shipmas and the Secret Santas are not linked.

The deadlines for one don't necessarily correspond to the other.

And someone please tell me to go write...I promised myself that I'd finish the TAG to Metamorphosis before I started my Shipmas fic and at this rate I'm not going to get to the Shipmas fic at all.
      sigpic
      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

And someone please tell me to go write...I promised myself that I'd finish the TAG to Metamorphosis before I started my Shipmas fic and at this rate I'm not going to get to the Shipmas fic at all.
        If you go write, I'll go to sleep and then everyone will be happier

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          Oh, absolutely. That's why I said "If Sam had been willing to go fishing". Cause I can't see her doing it. Obsessive rule following simply because they exist, even above and beyond the actual rules (her hair is a fabulous example of this, btw) is a definite character trait which both Replicarter and Jacob call her on, and is something she had to 'get over' before she could even get to a point where finding away *around* the rules was possible (like.. um.. wearing your hair anyway you want it off duty, but putting it up in uniform).

See? The hair analogy is alive and well.

SGU
          Spoiler:

I just wish they were a little less flawed. Though, while I know the writers are getting flak about their portrayal of females, except for Eli, it's the males I find almost stereotypical and the females I find have more depth and interest...

Either way, I'm still watching and pissing and moaning about the mid-season hiatus, so there's that lol
          Oh, I agree. Also, less of the fancy filmwork, more of the stuff happening... I do hope they find their balance, as you say.

Though the overarching themes seem to be mostly LOOONG character moments. I used to think what they needed was someone in the cast to have a baby so they could come up with a really good story arc to explain it.. but then I found out they had one and missed that opportunity. Darn. And I thought I'd had something there...

Then again, if it turns out that's what happens in the second half, y'all are gonna think of me.
          Yep.

But interestingly I can't get my head around Jack breaking that particular rule either because breaking it would hurt her...it wasn't in her best interests.

Which is also why he resigns first in WoO. Because in theory he could have just kissed her...
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

But interestingly I can't get my head around Jack breaking that particular rule either because breaking it would hurt her...it wasn't in her best interests.

Which is also why he resigns first in WoO. Because in theory he could have just kissed her...
            True, that. You're right, of course. If fishing had worked (and I mean - actual fishing - the kind where you cast a hook but don't have to worry about what to do next because there are no fish in the pond.. or are there?), and they had decided to pursue more, I agree he would have changed their situations first. As he did in WoO. Which I almost typed WoW again...

EDIT: I should add, too, that I think there were a Whole Lot of Issues beyond the regs keeping them from going fishing - at all anyway - and all those would have to be overcome before either of them would have been comfortable going fishing together - at all - but that that's my point in saying, if all those were somehow magically resolved and it was simply regs on paper keeping them apart, Jack wouldn't have let the regs matter. Its because, generally, he believed the regs were *right* - that they protected Sam - that he didn't do more pursuing. Not simply that the regs existed.

Comment

And someone please tell me to go write
              ...I promised myself that I'd finish the TAG to Metamorphosis before I started my Shipmas fic and at this rate I'm not going to get to the Shipmas fic at all.
              Go write!!! Jenn get some sleep.

You go write, Jenn goes and sleeps, and I'll go study for my finals next week.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                Go write!!! Jenn get some sleep.

You go write, Jenn goes and sleeps, and I'll go study for my finals next week.
                Yes, but I feel a bit like the Red Queen. I have to keep posting as fast as I can just to stay in the same place. If I sleep we'll fall below 10000

EDIT: Now I really am going to sleep. Should probably get in bed before the brain shuts off... zzzz.....
                Last edited by JenniferJF; 12 December 2009, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  Yes, but I feel a bit like the Red Queen. I have to keep posting as fast as I can just to stay in the same place. If I sleep we'll fall below 10000
                  Oh that's a lovely way to procrastinate and put off studying. I like it!

I really think they look adorable in that picture.

Comment

SGU
                    Spoiler:

I guess I'm in the small minority that actually likes the characters. I find them fascinatingly flawed and interesting.

The pacing is off to me - I think TPTB have got slightly carried away by the emphasis on character moments and overarching themes to the point where they've forgotten they still need to deliver a cohesive and interesting story of the week too.

I'm hoping it balances out in the 2H of the season.

Edit: I say sabotage on the missing pages *conspiracy theory fan*

SGU
                    Spoiler:
                    I like the characters too They are just so intriguing...
                    I actually have no issues with SGU and I completely loved Justice for so many different reasons it would take me forever to list them

Edit: I claim sabotage on the pages *conspiracy theory fan*
                    Last edited by yessika; 12 December 2009, 09:58 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

1. Yup, people have asked. I think Sky said she's looking into it.

2. Yup, it's next Saturday...maybe it's for the SS? And I know Jenn posted one of her's early so...

Um...

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...manda/PS17.jpg
                      1. I was just on the Ask the Mods thread, and 3 people have asked about it.

2. It's next Saturday!!! Holy crow! *Goes off to work on Shipmas stuff*
                      sigpic

Comment

Sky left a note on the ask the mod thread that she left a note for Greg to look into it and to the best of her knowledge it's not something that the mods are doing.

Maybe someone is deleting their posts...?

(((())))

Comment

Sky left a note on the ask the mod thread that she left a note for Greg to look into it and to the best of her knowledge it's not something that the mods are doing.

Maybe someone is deleting their posts...?

(((())))
                          They'd have to delete a heck of a lot for it to have this effect

Maybe it's the new server eating posts/pages again?

Comment

Maybe they're cleaning out stale accounts? Clean up the server and all that?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                              Maybe they're cleaning out stale accounts? Clean up the server and all that?

That woodn't effect the page/post count. I think it's just GW being weird. Makes a change from just being slow or offline, huh?

We'll probably wake up Monday morning and find ourselves on page 10500

Comment

Missing pages and missing posts have joined all those missing single socks that mysteriously vanish in the laundering process.

Solution: Turn off the darn Improbability Drive before the thread turns into a block of swiss cheese. And the Hammond into an apple.
                                Love and hot fudge,
                                Bren Ren
                                ~
                                My stories!
                                ~

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X