X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Siler's Wench
    Oh can you help me?

I've been searching high and low and I just can't find what O.T.P. stands for!

It's driving me insane(r)

One True Pairing?

Off The Planet?

Original Toaster Plans?

Help!!!

It stands for One True Pairing. But Original Toaster Plans is cooler.

Spoiler:
    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

I feel the same here. TPTB have other things to deal with atm, and Daniel didn't get mentioned all the time. In fact, their being really good with mentions etc.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        ((((((((minigeek))))))))) Awww, hunney!

Siler's Wench: Even the slightest sniff of ship and this place is off! It's amazing what they can do. And watch out for special ship events hosted by the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team.

Speaking of which.... what are the arrangements for Valenship day this year?

I'm in two minds..my rational mind says I should let the ship go, but my romantic soul insists it's still going on, and that we will get a resolution. I've decided to let the romance lead the way for me. I think we'll get the resolution in a totally unexpected moment. I remember when Metamorphosis was shown...no-one expected any ship, none was anticipated...and yet it turned out to be a total ship-fest. I remember watching it, my jaw dropping further and further, my squeals of shippy joy getting higher and higher as the ship rolled in....that's how I think we'll get our resolution, when we least expect it.

Though a hint would be nice... before I go completely bonkers and start fighting random people
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

ahoy sally,

read your post in the sam thread and am responding here as asked.

what i meant was that for years all we wanted was for sam and jack to go fishing, because everyone knows what that means.

just because they screwed up (in my opinion) by showing more detailed things with pete doesn't mean they had to do something similar with jack. in my mind it shouldn't be a competition. she just loves jack more.

if this isn't really that clear then just ask me to clarify and i shall endevour to do so. i may be coming across a little harsh, and i don't mean to do that.... much.

that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
            From the point of view from someone who is always nervous posting here I'll give you my opinion. I think there is a big difference between fighting and being disrespectful compared to having a different opinion. We don't have to agree with everything that someone says to be on the same side. The reason I am nervous about posting is that I have strong feelings against this season, against how the ship and shippers have been treated, how Jack has been ignored,etc. I would love to be able to discuss (or argue) with others who love the show as much as I do. However, arguements here always seem to be perceived as personal attacks. So, it's easier to say nothing. Don't want to create more controversy but I believe that if you want to keep all of the shipper family then you must allow for positive and negative.
            The people here can at time (don't shoot me) be a tad touchy.
            My best buddy in high school(a century ago) and I spent our lunch break arguing politics, religion, the war (Viet Nam) and anything else that came to mind. Another person can over one day and asked us if we hated one another so much why did we always eat lunch together. We both look at her as if she were nuts and replied "We are having a discussion".
            Different ideas and opinion are stimulation. If we all thought alike wouldn't life be a bore. And I don't think we all have to be happy and cheery all the time. I like a good rant and just love sarcasm (one of the reasons why I like Jack).
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Yeah it's my unrealistic RDA fan whining...I'll go tell her to shut up and look at the pretty pictures of him firing his weapon on the internet!

Don't get me wrong I think the little subtle hints they've been dropping are fabulous...hey, who doesn't love a good are they/aren't they mystery?!

EDM was more than I ever imagined they'd do for us...and heck, by not elaborating they've given us ship writers a huge plot bunny to play with!

The main thing that's bugged me is the lack of a proper explanation as to where Jack actually went...is he Head of Homeworld security? They've never said!!!

Sigh...still loving the show, but it's like it's lost a limb...you know it used to be there, and it's obviously gone...but life still goes on and the laughs are still coming with Jack2...I mean Cameron (D'Oh!)
              + =

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                I'm in two minds..my rational mind says I should let the ship go, but my romantic soul insists it's still going on, and that we will get a resolution. I've decided to let the romance lead the way for me. I think we'll get the resolution in a totally unexpected moment. I remember when Metamorphosis was shown...no-one expected any ship, none was anticipated...and yet it turned out to be a total ship-fest. I remember watching it, my jaw dropping further and further, my squeals of shippy joy getting higher and higher as the ship rolled in....that's how I think we'll get our resolution, when we least expect it.

Though a hint would be nice... before I go completely bonkers and start fighting random people
                i find this interesting. i'm not 100% sure what you mean. i think the issue of ship has been resolved in one way but i'm still not letting go of the idea of it in any way.
                Spoiler:

i think that although they have resolved the ship, they've done it in our favour. sam and jack are together. they've pretty much said as much. to me it wasn't a case of get them together and then i'll move on. it was get them together and then i can ship in peace. i can read my fanfic and i can revel in the occational mention of it on the show and i can have one less trivial thing to worry about. my only worry now it that they'll have them break up, but with jack not on the show the risk of that is lessened. joe did say they aren't planning of having sam shipped with anyone else, didn't he?

anywho. thats just how i feel about it.

that is all. (again)

Comment

I think you're right Michelle, they know what they're doing...they'll spring it on us when we're least expecting it and give us all little shippy heart attacks...like the hug in death knell, right after chimera when your thinking all hope is lost!
                  + =

Comment

When Daniel was not on the show we had been given not only an explanation but an entire episode. They also devoted many scenes which showed how the team felt about him not being there.

I'm sorry but I cannot compare the two departures. Imagine the commotion if they had started season 6 with just the scene with Jack and Daniel by the gate. Jack says 'Where are you going? and Daniel says "I don't know." And that's it.

They were a team for 8 years. They should have at least had a team moment to explain Jack's absence. It doesn't even make sense let alone good TV.

As far as Cameron being the "funny" one now. If I even understand what he says I usually ask "Was that supposed to be funny?" I guess I just don't get his humor.

Comment

I LOVE that hug (death knell)! and metamorphosis was one of my fave eps in season 6 just because of how much it made me squee. (not just for that but it played a big part, hey, i'm shallow).

Comment

I have to say I loved the hug in Fire and Water. Mainly because it was before Solitudes (when, to TPTB the ship truly began) and it showed that there are feelings there.

BTW when is Ship Day? I know I missed it last year and don't want to miss this year.

Spoiler:
                        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

how about learning curve and urgo, just for their interaction in general?

Comment

Heya...not been here in a while...how is everyone?

Just a quick note - I've managed to get an interview with Gary Jones, so if you'd like to ask him a question, just email me

Speak to you all soon,

Suz
                            xxxxx
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hey Everybody!

What about the ultimate shippy episode - Divide & Conquer?! It has to be my favorite. I remember feeling so happy when they finally admitted (somewhat) that their feelings were more than professional.

I also love Window of Opportunity!
                              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Heya...not been here in a while...how is everyone?

Just a quick note - I've managed to get an interview with Gary Jones, so if you'd like to ask him a question, just email me

Speak to you all soon,

Suz
                                xxxxx
                                I know. I saw that, you lucky thing! I'm trying to think of something good to ask, but my mind is drawing blanks.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X