Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the point of view from someone who is always nervous posting here I'll give you my opinion. I think there is a big difference between fighting and being disrespectful compared to having a different opinion. We don't have to agree with everything that someone says to be on the same side. The reason I am nervous about posting is that I have strong feelings against this season, against how the ship and shippers have been treated, how Jack has been ignored,etc. I would love to be able to discuss (or argue) with others who love the show as much as I do. However, arguements here always seem to be perceived as personal attacks. So, it's easier to say nothing. Don't want to create more controversy but I believe that if you want to keep all of the shipper family then you must allow for positive and negative.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi

... lets keep the light burning at home on the thread.
      Just dropping by and reading some of your recent posts. Many of us have been so disappointed in S9, maybe this will help ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../Homefire2.jpg

"The richest love is that which submits to the arbitration of time." L. Durrell

Peace, CG

Comment

Hey guys, I found a really good fanfic yesterday on GW. Twilight by Gail Delaney. I wished this is how season 8 really ended. If you haven't already read it, I suggest checking it out.
        Last edited by Rogue; 11 January 2006, 07:39 AM.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
          Hey guys, I found a really good fanfic yesterday on GW. Twilight by Gail Delaney. I wished this is how season 8 really ended. If you haven't already read it, I suggest checking it out.
          I second that! Quite enjoyable.
          sigpic
          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Ditto...Gail's fics are amazing, always worth a read.

(BTW...Hi, I'm new to the forum *waves a bit* look forward to chatting with y'all!)
            + =

Comment

Originally posted by Siler's Wench
              Ditto...Gail's fics are amazing, always worth a read.

(BTW...Hi, I'm new to the forum *waves a bit* look forward to chatting with y'all!)
              Howdy Siler's Wench!

Welcome to the Thread. It is a bit slow these days because of the lack of J/S Ship. But when it is active, its the best Thread on GW!
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                Oh my, I wasn't attacking another shipper-- Heaven forbid! I was venting against TPTB. I remember her being here. I think I even put her name on the Shipper Calender. I wasn't attacking her positivity (or I didn't mean to), but the fact that shippers have to try so hard to find something to cheer about. I do really wonder if she still has faith in TPTB. And if so, I'm glad for her peace.

I wasn't here for a while, too, after the end of last season because I thought it was all over and I was upset. In my heat, if it seemed I was lashing out at you and A, I'm sorry. This place has to feel safe for the positive and negative. I can't be happy all the time about S/J, but I still can. I still make shipper tees, FCOL, because I can't help loving this couple. And I appreciate other shipper's enthusiasm, very much. I save so much of everyone's artwork because I think it's beautiful and I get so many laughs from this place.

But boy can my button be pushed, too, as you have seen. Not by other shippers, but because I feel TPTB blew us off. You posted A's message as a personal expression because you believed in her words and I should have stated up front that my post wasn't a strike against either of you.

In her post, though, she does ask shippers who aren't completely positive about ship a question: What show were you watching? And then she makes her argument for there being a good resolution and basically defies anyone of seeing things otherwise. In my mind, I was answering her question and giving my counter view. I really did think of it as a debate, not a fight. Annunnaki knew she would evoke a response and that not all would agree with her. But my disagreement was not personal. If she were to come back, I would greet her as warmly as any old-timer back for a visit. And I embrace you as a sister.

ship sistah

My issue was more with the fact that two people wrote me a while back and asked me to ask Anni for her permission to cut and paste that post from a different thread into this one. For the sake of some kind of "posting event".

I think argument of the original post's content should, realistically, go into the thread that originated it (which is also in gateworld).

But, done is done as they say. No hard feelings. This thread is one I think I'll visit sparingly from now on.

I completely respect your right to be negtive and to feel affroted by the powers that be, but I think the fact that tptb were idiots with the S/J resolution arc this year far has already been flogged and flogged and flogged and re-flogged soooo many times in this thread, it often feels like any other point made with even the slightest iota of potential for positivity ends up crushed by the repeated same words, over and over again.

Someone says, "it COULD happen", and ten people jump on them and say "Yeah, but it won't, so lets just accept the fact that everything sucks."

Well... I guess that's not really the kind of conversation I'm looking to have these days. Yeah, you know what? I'm ticked at the way the 'ship for S/J has been handled, but I still choose to believe that ultimately, something positive will come of it. And that's the point Anni was trying to make in her essay, too. Tongue in cheek, she was saying: [paraphrased] "...sure, there wasn't a great big make-out session, but look at all the other stuff we DID get to see in THREADS... and if you didn't see all those innuendos, what show were you watching?"

She pointed a whole bunch of positive things out, and some shippers still choose to be so ticked off that they refuse to see the positive stuff, even when it is there. Why? Because it's not good enough. Well, okay, maybe it's not entirely good enough. But that doesn't mean it wasn't there, or that it wasn't something positive with respect to the Sam/Jack shipper storyline.

Glass half-full; glass half-empty. I guess it all boils down to that, even here. I appreciate your PM, sacme, I do. And your post. But if you don't have any hope whatsoever for the future, then really, what is there to say?

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

((((((((minigeek))))))))) Awww, hunney!

Siler's Wench: Even the slightest sniff of ship and this place is off! It's amazing what they can do. And watch out for special ship events hosted by the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team.

Speaking of which.... what are the arrangements for Valenship day this year?
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Yeah I can imagine, I'm currently spending my time filling the void with fanfic!

Just wish the strange bout of amnesia the SGC all seem to be suffering from would clear up and someone would pick up a phone and dial Washington once in a while: you know, hi how are you? can I borrow your yo-yo? sleep in your bed? watch the simpsons with ya till death us do part? etc etc yadda yadda yadda...or something subtle like that
                    + =

Comment

Yeah I can imagine, I'm currently spending my time filling the void with fanfic!

Just wish the strange bout of amnesia the SGC all seem to be suffering from would clear up and someone would pick up a phone and dial Washington once in a while: you know, hi how are you? can I borrow your yo-yo? sleep in your bed? watch the simpsons with ya till death us do part? etc etc yadda yadda yadda...or something subtle like that
                      Borrow your yo-yo! Too funny!!!!!
                      sigpic
                      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

[quote=Tracy Jane
                        Speaking of which.... what are the arrangements for Valenship day this year?[/quote]

Valenship? Ooooohhhhh, I like it! I don't recall that we've ever celebrated that day before. Sounds like a winner!

sigpic
                        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

ROFLMAO!! Sleep in your bed and watch The Simpsons till death do us part! Great!

I too have been filling my time with fanfics. But it's not the same...

Oh, if anyone is interested here is my latest: Cliche Series: Intergalactic Request It's not quite done but I do have fourteen chapters up. And yes, it's S/J.

Spoiler:
                          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Oh can you help me?

I've been searching high and low and I just can't find what O.T.P. stands for!

It's driving me insane(r)

One True Pairing?

Off The Planet?

Original Toaster Plans?

Help!!!
                            + =

Comment

i don't think they've been ignoring RDA and pretending he never existed at all. by my count in 11 episodes he's had 2 appearances and several mentions, anyone remember beachead? no? how bout that nice little nod the the shippers in EDM? not a mention by name but we did get confirmation that thats who sam was talking about when she said our fave line of the season.

they can't mention the guy every week. did they mention daniel every week when he left? no.

I'd like them to mention him a little more too, but thats just cos i think he's ever so dreamy. but i don't think they should mention him too much. the show needs to stand on its own now. next season they should mention him a little more maybe.

but hey what do i know? this is like in season 4 when i wanted lots of shippy moments but didn't want them to get together in case the show went all moonlighting. which thankfully it has not done. i still wish the shippy episodes didn't have so many angsty endings. would it have killed jack to hug sam at the end of 100 days !?! i mean c'mon!

ps. i still loved threads and moebius. first time a canon ship ep didn't have an angsty ending. love it!

that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                                I thought it was sad that
                                Spoiler:
                                Orlin was in that home, because to me (and I admit I watched it only once and rather hurriedly) well-- it indicated he needed to be institutionalized. He didn't remember Sam, so I don't know if he is physically or mentally losing it,or both.(again--I don't remember all the dialogue--my bad not to listen better) The home seemed to have adults, was that because he is a man in a boy's body? That's sad, too, the others inhabitants will see him as a boy and not relate to him. Just seemed him SGC or the Gov';t is warehousing him.
                                Didn't it remind you of Merrin and Tomin after the Averium in "the Learning Curve". Remember how sweet Jack was with Merrin.
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X