Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw the Regs sounds interesting. Did I see sjnc17 in the address. Couldn't possibly stand for Jack, Sam and the maturity rating, could it?

Whootness!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Yeah. Might have been a natural way of getting a mention. To be honest, I think we should just start treating Jack as if he was working at McDonalds... oh the possibilities for fic writing!!!!
      Oh, you didn't mention fic!!

(At McDonald's, Jack behind the counter)

JACK: What!
      SAM: Jack, was that necessary? He just wanted a full order of fries!
      JACK: Yeah, I fixed it. He couldn't wait to go snarf 'em down.
      SAM: You told him "You can have fries with that or catch flies." and you pulled you p90!
      JACK: Your point?

Just playin', just sayin', of course Sam would patronize his franchise. At least he's appreciated there!
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Brilliant. If only us lowly crew members really *could* pull out the P90s on customers.

Comment

Sounds like a great AU. Jack or maybe all of SG-1 working undercover at McD's...

Comment

ALERT Let's settle this Season 9 innuendo about Sam and Orlin once and for all. I was surfing through GW episodes and found these excerpts from Season 5 and Season 9 for your review and discussion.

Season 5 does not require spoiler tags so here goes!!!
            Episode Acension 5.3 On a mission to planet Velona, Sam is stunned and rendered unconscious:
            Originally posted by GW
            Back at the SGC, Dr. Fraiser declares her healthy -- but is cautious, considering everything Sam has been through over the last four years, and tells her to take some time off. Sam insists on helping SG-16 with the alien device, but Hammond and O'Neill order her to go home and relax.

The next morning, Sam has a brief encounter with a man outside her home. Moments later, she finds him inside, wanting to talk with her. He claims to be an alien from 636, who followed her back through the Stargate. Sam doesn't know what to make of the stranger, and runs.

She calls in a sweeper team from the SGC, which finds nothing. Cameras and listening devices are placed throughout her home, but the alien does not show himself for days. Though her friends believe she is losing her mind, Sam insists that he is real. When the devices are removed, he returns.

The alien -- Orlin -- convinces Sam to let him finish what he started on the planet Velona. He believes that a human can handle the "sharing of souls," if she is prepared for it. She cautiously agrees, and the process is complete; Orlin shares his true essence with her. In so doing, he falls in love with her.

Orlin is a member of an ancient race that long ago ascended from physical form to a spiritual form. Carter believes his race is the same as Oma Desala's, the alien being who raised Shifu, the Harcesis child ("Maternal Instinct"). They both take the same ethereal form, and have the ability to control the weather.

Carter does not tell her superiors that the alien has returned; Orlin threatens to simply disappear again. But she continues her reluctant relationship with him, trying to gather information. In so doing, she learns the terrible truth about the planet Velona.

Orlin tells her that Velona was under attack by the Goa'uld, and that he showed the people there how to construct the highly-advanced weapon to defend themselves -- a violation of one of his people's highest laws. But after the Goa'uld were repelled, the people began to plan the conquest of other worlds. The others of Orlin's kind came and wiped them out to "correct" Orlin's mistake -- sentencing him to live alone on the desolated planet.

Carter cannot convince General Hammond and the Pentagon (represented by Colonel Frank Simmons) to stop the weapons test. SG-16 has integrated a naquaada reactor, thanks to Sam's help, and prepares to activate the weapon. And when she learns that the Pentagon has been spying on her and Orlin, Sam is confronted by Simmons.

The Pentagon calls in a strike force to surround Carter's home and capture him. But Sam has grown close to Orlin over the last few weeks, this alien who has taken human form and forsaken his ethereal nature and powers for her -- and has started to like him. She goes inside ahead of the team, and finds Orlin busy in the basement.

He may have given up his alien abilities, but he certainly still has the knowledge that goes with it. Orlin has constructed a miniature, single-use Stargate to take him back to Velona. He activates the gate, and Sam follows him through as the strike team rushes into the house.

On Velona, Orlin throws himself in front of Colonel Reynold's gun to stop the test fire of the weapon -- knowing that if it is activated, the others of his kind will return, and humankind may suffer the same fate as the people of Velona. Orlin manages to disconnect the power source, and the ignition sequence is terminated. He is near death.

But the others have returned, he tells Sam, and have given him a second chance. They help him to ascend once again to an ethereal form, and he destroys the weapon and leaves.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
            Samantha Carter
            - Carter was forced to take time off work, and found that she had nothing else to do. She is certainly married to her career, as has been implied in several other episodes ("Nemesis," "The Other Side," "The Curse").

Though naturally suspicious of Orlin, Sam eventually opened up to him, and even started to like him. She did not believe a relationship with him was possible, though he claimed to love her.
            Sam apparently has no other siblings, other than her brother Mark (seen in "Seth"), as there were none pictured in the family photos in her house. Her birthday is in May -- her birthstone is an emerald.

Jack O'Neill - Jack was understandably surprised when he found out that Sam had a "date," and even seemed to be a bit jealous.O'Neill is not much of a science fiction fan.
            OK, I agree with whomever wrote this GW summary and furthermore IMHO:
            1. Scientist and soldier, Sam Carter, was both curious and alarmed by this alien's presence on Earth and in her home.

2. Soldier, or is it Airman, Sam, followed procedure and alerted the SGC for a sweep of her property. Unfortunately, but for the sake of story tension, they did not believe her because there was no evidence. Let's not mention how many crazy things they've seen in the years up to this point. Oooops, I mentioned it!

3. Scientist Sam, however, was curious and upon ascertaining Orlin was not a threat, she agreed to try this spiritual event with him. I thought she was kind of careless but I decided the scientist in her won over her military judgement.

4. Did you read that in spite of Orlin's professing that he was in love with her, she clearly liked not loved him. Sam is not a space bimbo!!! She does not give herself recklessly to a man. Yeah, even was not allowed in her bed until after some period of wooing. I won't continue with that .....ugh!

5. At the end, Sam's compassion for Orlin and his selfless act led her to follow him and grieve for him after he was killed. Her feelings were not about love. Yeah, Orlin was a cutey pie but not the man for Sam!!! Puh-leese!!!

6. Aw, wasn't that cute....Jack jealous. TPTB always hold back on more animated displays of attraction between Sam and Jack but I SAW it and that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!

Now, I'll get the excerpts ready from Season 9.
            sigpic

Comment

Hmmm. I agree Pete got some serious seeing too before the bed scene. I mean, the way she said it, it was obviously the first time he'd been in her house, and from all the humworthy stuff and other dates we'd seen... the relationship was well established. Plus, of course, she's meant to be catholic.

But
              The alien -- Orlin -- convinces Sam to let him finish what he started on the planet Velona. He believes that a human can handle the "sharing of souls," if she is prepared for it. She cautiously agrees, and the process is complete; Orlin shares his true essence with her. In so doing, he falls in love with her.
              Soul sharing and essence sharing sounds like an NC17 fanfic.... it does sound very intimite. I don't know whether they continued that in human from though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Hmmm. I agree Pete got some serious seeing too before the bed scene. I mean, the way she said it, it was obviously the first time he'd been in her house, and from all the humworthy stuff and other dates we'd seen... the relationship was well established. Plus, of course, she's meant to be catholic.

But

Soul sharing and essence sharing sounds like an NC17 fanfic.... it does sound very intimite. I don't know whether they continued that in human from though.
                Yes, those words connote intimacy BUT if you watch the scene, she appeared to be participating out of her scientific curiosity NOT a sexual attraction. Actually, I think he was not forthcoming with her as well as she being a little reckless. Oh, I admit she got a "buzz" but I FIRMLY BELIEVE that she did not engage with him for romantic reasons nor did she fall in love with him afterwards!!!! My story and I'm stickin' to it!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I think I'll have to rewatch the episode tonight. As I said on MSN... way back when, I was very young and wouldn't have spotted the so called intimicy unless they actually had AT nude on the screen.

Comment

Hi dears!
                    My heart is sadly, this word writing is hard to my, but S&J for this show is , hm over.
                    Only is miracle save this shippy , i am a frustrated
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                      Yes, those words connote intimacy BUT if you watch the scene, she appeared to be participating out of her scientific curiosity NOT a sexual attraction. Actually, I think he was not forthcoming with her as well as she being a little reckless. Oh, I admit she got a "buzz" but I FIRMLY BELIEVE that she did not engage with him for romantic reasons nor did she fall in love with him afterwards!!!! My story and I'm stickin' to it!!!
                      Hi honey!

About Orlin and Sam you are right.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                        Hi dears!
                        My heart is sadly, this word writing is hard to my, but S&J for this show is , hm over.
                        Only is miracle save this shippy , i am a frustrated
                        I'm frustrated, too!!! TPTB have so many opportunities to include Shippy dialogue to confirm Sam's and Jack's relationship BUT THEY WON'T. OY!!!

BUT, I firmly and truly and unquestionably believe that Sam and Jack are in a relationship. It is sad, though, that we can only enjoy them by our imaginations and not on the screen!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          I'm frustrated, too!!! TPTB have so many opportunities to include Shippy dialogue to confirm Sam's and Jack's relationship BUT THEY WON'T. OY!!!

BUT, I firmly and truly and unquestionably believe that Sam and Jack are in a relationship. It is sad, though, that we can only enjoy them by our imaginations and not on the screen!!!!
                          Me too!S...d TPTB, i am waiting on miracle, with you
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                            Me too!S...d TPTB, i am waiting on miracle, with you
                            Can I wait with you too?
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                              Can I wait with you too?
                              Add me to the list.

Shal we throw a party whilst we're waiting?

Comment

Yes dears, you can waiting with me.

waiting list for miracle
                                nell
                                scjon
                                tracy jane

i am a working on a little naquadah bomb for TPTB (atomic is little weak )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X