Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Merry Christmas nudge for Sam and Jack!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Another Christmas over! Hope everyone had a pleasant day. Happy Boxing Day to our UK and Australian shipper family. By the way, what is Boxing Day?
      sigpic

Comment

For our inquiring Sam and Jack Shippers, I found this on google...
        "Boxing Day
        The day after Christmas, the Feast of St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr, is better known as Boxing Day. The term may come from the opening of church poor boxes that day; maybe from the earthenware boxes with which boy apprentices collected money at the doors of their masters' clients.

Nowadays, we often see, in certain families, gifts (boxes) given to those who provide services throughout the year.

"Boxing Day" is listed in the Canada Labour Code as a holiday." from a Canadian tourism site.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
          "Boxing Day
          The day after Christmas, the Feast of St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr, is better known as Boxing Day. The term may come from the opening of church poor boxes that day; maybe from the earthenware boxes with which boy apprentices collected money at the doors of their masters' clients.

Nowadays, we often see, in certain families, gifts (boxes) given to those who provide services throughout the year.

"Boxing Day" is listed in the Canada Labour Code as a holiday." from a Canadian tourism site.
          Good morning and afternoon! Moving the thread up before it disappears off the first page. Thanks Nell for explaining Boxing Day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            "Boxing Day

Actually, Nell, I heard another story.

In a lot of churches, rather than having pews, we used to have boxes. These are small, walled in cubicles for individual families. On boxing day, everyone used to leave the doors of their boxes open so that they could mingle with friends from other families.

Or something like that.

Thanks for that though.

Here in the Uk, the official boxing day is going to be tomorrow, not today. Bizzare.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Went to http://rdanderson.com/ and they have beautiful autograph pictures of RDA and his fight to save Canadian seals. All the money goes to his charity (bought one already-a Christmas gift to myself) and they have a spot to leave a birthday message. You should go and read some of the posts. Good place to go to ask Ricky to come back to SG-1. Alot of others did!
              sigpic

Comment

Just posted my happy birthday wish to RDA. Told him his shippy family misses him and to come back soon. So get the hint and flood the site with best wishes and little hints on how we miss him. This is his official site so someone should take notice!
                sigpic

Comment

Good idea Trupi!

Come on, guys. Let's show them some Penguin Power!
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    Went to http://rdanderson.com/ and they have beautiful autograph pictures of RDA and his fight to save Canadian seals. All the money goes to his charity (bought one already-a Christmas gift to myself) and they have a spot to leave a birthday message. You should go and read some of the posts. Good place to go to ask Ricky to come back to SG-1. Alot of others did!
                    Moving this to the new page so everyone can see the site to send regards to RDA.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                      Just posted my happy birthday wish to RDA. Told him his shippy family misses him and to come back soon. So get the hint and flood the site with best wishes and little hints on how we miss him. This is his official site so someone should take notice!
                      ((((trupi)))) thanks for the tip about RDA's site for birthday greetings! I sent my greeting with a big hug to him and hopes for Stargate appearances and any other appearance he can make. Ooooops, better run to the Thunk Thread! **grins**
                      sigpic

Comment

I've made my very first music video. It ended up being rather a bit of an epic. at 7 minutes long and 23 meg.

You will find it on my snazzy, nifty, cool Stargate Intel Member site so wonderfully maintained by sueKay
                        http://www.stargate-intel.net/members/uhsir/vids.html

The song is "I Don't Want To" by Toni Braxton.

The video is about the way I saw Jack during season 8. Jack is angsting terribly over the apparent loss of Sam. He doesn't want to let her go and he tries to get her to come back to him.

Shipper Warnings: Yes, there are scenes of Pete and Kerry, but the two of them never appear together. LOL!

Spoiler Warnings: Huge Honkin' spoilers for season 8, especially from Affinity and Threads. A few other scenes from earlier seasons, but I don't think they are spoil-worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                          I've made my very first music video. It ended up being rather a bit of an epic. at 7 minutes long and 23 meg.

You will find it on my snazzy, nifty, cool Stargate Intel Member site so wonderfully maintained by sueKay
                          http://www.stargate-intel.net/members/uhsir/vids.html

The song is "I Don't Want To" by Toni Braxton.

The video is about the way I saw Jack during season 8. Jack is angsting terribly over the apparent loss of Sam. He doesn't want to let her go and he tries to get her to come back to him.

Shipper Warnings: Yes, there are scenes of Pete and Kerry, but the two of them never appear together. LOL!

Spoiler Warnings: Huge Honkin' spoilers for season 8, especially from Affinity and Threads. A few other scenes from earlier seasons, but I don't think they are spoil-worthy.
                          Clap, clap, clap!!! thanks, UhSir!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Just a bit of randomness....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tes-Poster.jpg

If anyone wants a new sig...just ask, cos I've discovered some new tricks
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

very nice!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

sueKay, remember this poster for ValenShip Day!!! LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X