This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Ah! Thanks for this! Great vid! I've never seen this before.

I had also never seen this little behind-the-scenes clip before. Scroll to a little before 3 minutes where there's a really cute little scene with AT and RDA in the jumper in "Moebius, Part 2".

Stargate Behind the Scenes
    Ah, yes, the RDA dropping his pants video . . . oh, wait, that's not what I was supposed to be staring at?!

Oh, right, in the SHUTTLE! Right.

Err, I'ma go back and watch that again. The SHUTTLE. Not the pants-dropping. Nope. Nu uh.

Wow, Oma, what a great challenge! Are they snurchable?
    Last edited by leiasky; 18 September 2009, 02:59 PM.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      Ah, yes, the RDA dropping his pants video . . . oh, wait, that's not what I was supposed to be staring at?!

Err, I'ma go back and watch that again. The SHUTTLE. Not the pants-dropping. Nope. Nu uh.
      LOL, that part's so funny! And right in front of Amanda too!

sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        LOL, that part's so funny! And right in front of Amanda too!

Obviously the man isn't afraid to drop his pants in front of the camera . . . LOL!

*iz sad we there aren't any more of those*

Oh, wait! SHUTTLE! Right! Going now . . . uhm, but the video keeps pausing about ten seconds before that . . . ahem.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          'sgu'

Spoiler:
          i'm afraid at this point in time for me, i don't have it in me to fanwank this scenario. if there really is a pic of charlie/sara, but not one of sam, i can't put that any other way than... well, not that they're not together, but that it was intensional to show an old ship rather than the newest and most significant one.

and is there a ring on sam's finger?

i'll only hope that pol's super viewing detective work can pull this one out of the crapper.
          Spoiler:
          Sally, you're a major Sam-fan, but I think you have to step back and look at it from Jack's POV. It's not about Sam- it's just about Jack and the trauma of losing his kid and his marriage. Having said that, if there's no pic of Sam anywhere then I will be worried.

OMG VSS. I'm in shock! LOL!

Answering VSS's SGU discussion . .

Spoiler:
          I looked at it again yesterday (and will no doubt look at it for hours tonight when Pol gets here. LOL) and that is the outfit Charlie is wearing. There is also a white baseball cap in the corner of that credenza on one side of the pic.
          Spoiler:
          OMG! There's a cap there? I think that's more proof to know that it's not about the present, it's about coming to grips with the past.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
            Spoiler:
            OMG! There's a cap there? I think that's more proof to know that it's not about the present, it's about coming to grips with the past.
            SGU comment to VSS . . .

Spoiler:
            Yeah. I just noticed the cap last night when I was re-watching certain scenes . . . LOL! Looks like there's a ship of some kind, too, but it was too blurry to make out.

I expect Pol will arrive with a magnifying glass . . . LOL!

VSS, I"m so glad to see your shippy mojo returning!
            sigpic

Comment

'sgu'

Spoiler:
              Sally, you're a major Sam-fan, but I think you have to step back and look at it from Jack's POV. It's not about Sam- it's just about Jack and the trauma of losing his kid and his marriage. Having said that, if there's no pic of Sam anywhere then I will be worried.
              Spoiler:
              i'm alright with a charlie/mother pic, it's if there's no sam that i have a prob with. a BIG prob with.

pol, pull that rabit out of your magic hat!

ps - i just looked at the 7 day forcast for my area... i cried, and i mean that. i can't take this &*%$^&* heat anymore, especially with our *(#$% car over heating all the time. i need to get drunk, or l**d.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

SGU comment to VSS . . .

Spoiler:
                Yeah. I just noticed the cap last night when I was re-watching certain scenes . . . LOL! Looks like there's a ship of some kind, too, but it was too blurry to make out.

I expect Pol will arrive with a magnifying glass . . . LOL!

VSS, I"m so glad to see your shippy mojo returning!
                Spoiler:
                Geez, he built another shrine to Charlie. *Sob*
                ANd you know where it isn't?
                At his house.

Comment

'sgu'

Spoiler:
                  i'm alright with a charlie/mother pic, it's if there's no sam that i have a prob with. a BIG prob with.

ps - i just looked at the 7 day forcast for my area... i cried, and i mean that. i can't take this &*%$^&* heat anymore, especially with our *(#$% car over heating all the time. i need to get drunk, or l**d.
                  Spoiler:
                  After the ep airs, ask Joe to show us all the pics in Jack's office, like he did for Sam.

Comment

'sgu'
                    Spoiler:
                    After the ep airs, ask Joe to show us all the pics in Jack's office, like he did for Sam.
                    Spoiler:
                    uh, no. not me, that is. the last time i asked him something (like how much sam was in the premier), he was snarky and rude in his reply. someone else can enter the firing zone.
                    Last edited by majorsal; 18 September 2009, 04:02 PM. Reason: not ME, not mean
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

'sgu'

Spoiler:
                      uh, no. not mean, that is. the last time i asked him something (like how much sam was in the premier), he was snarky and rude in his reply. someone else can enter the firing zone.
                      Spoiler:
                      He might get snarky again, then, because we're not asking about the new stars of the show. On the other hand, he might be nice because he's a shipper and he knows darn good and well why anyone would ask about pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        ... attempting to do the limbo ... both O'Neill and Carter failed miserably and landed flat on their backs instead...

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                        Now I'm off to buy the new Dan Brown book. Because I'm certain I'll get a lot of studying done with that on my desk!
                        The local WalMart has it for $17.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          So...here I am. Not studying. Not planning lessons. Just...puttering. I've made some avatars for fun. Snurtch if you wish, just credit my stellar (snort) work.

<lazy snip>

Now I'm off to buy the new Dan Brown book. Because I'm certain I'll get a lot of studying done with that on my desk!
                          Dan Brown OT-
                          Spoiler:
                          I heard about that book on the radio today, I may have to buy it! Let us (me ) know how it is please?

Not that I'm obssessed or anything but I've been doing some thinking-

(SGU)
                          Spoiler:
                          About that possible picture of Charlie & Sara in Jack's office...

As I was going through all the pictures we know Jack had of them, I remembered something another shipper said once about Stargate being the story of the character’s lives, especially Jack’s. It occurred to me that that’s what we might be seeing here, in the pictures.

Remember, these all started out in a cigar box in Cold Lazarus.
                          <snip>
                          Sam knew him for months and didn’t know he even had a family, much less the tragedy surrounding it. A year later in Sight Unseen he lets the little Retu kid name himself Charlie; and then by WoO he’s come far enough to use his experience of Charlie’s death to help Malachi.

Eight years after Charlie died, we see that one of the pictures has finally made it out of the box and into a frame- actually it’s still like a little shrine to Charlie (look at the shuttle toy) on Jack’s nightstand, in Fragile Balance: <snip>

Then the same pic (without the toy) makes it out to his living room in LC: <snip>
                          But he still doesn’t really want to talk about it, at least not with Sam.

And now there’s a pic (that we’ve not seen before) in his office, prominently displayed. So why didn’t they use the prop they'd already used three times before? Well, he’s apparently not in this new one, and that to me makes a big difference, just like it’s significant Sam had the one of the two of them fishing. He still loves Sara and Charlie, but doesn’t see himself with them as part of a family.

I really think what we’re seeing here is Jack finally coming to terms with his past, and it’s been a very slow process- quite a bit slower than I thought before but really shouldn’t come as a surprise. I can’t imagine him having a pic of Sara and Charlie in his office up until now. He didn’t in season 8, AFAIK. Because having a pic out is a declaration of sorts, and it invites questions. So what we’re seeing here is the evolution of Jack from a man with a history so painful he’d trust someone with his life before he’d trust them with the secret, to a man who can actually say, “Yes, that’s my son. He died a few years ago, but what a great kid. Loved baseball.” That’s a huge transformation, and central to the character.

If he hadn't resolved all of this I don’t think Jack would have said things were, “Quite good, actually” in Continuum, nor would Col. Young have been described as, “The Jack O’Neill of ten years ago, but Young's edges have tended to sharpen over time,” . Of course, we all know who helped smooth out Jack's sharp edges.

I think TPTB can’t put an 8x10 of Sam up there without it being a huge deal, but they don’t need to, IMHO. ( Although I do hope there’s a little one there somewhere, even as part of SG-1). And Jack has always kept his most personal photos at home, just like Sam.

So could all of this be coincidence? Just a random family pic sitting out on the credenza? Maybe, but I kind of doubt it, considering how consistently Jack’s story has played out over the years, much of it right there in the journey of those pictures from the hidden little cigar box to the well-lit office desk.

Sigh. I love this show, and this ship. Bring on movie #3!
                          (Didn’t think I had it in me, did ya?)
                          First thing (and most important thing) first

*squishy hugs VSS* Have you become the shippy cheerleader again? *sniffles*

SGU-
                          Spoiler:
                          Great awesome post! And I totally agree with every single bit of it.

I think that's very significant that he has that picture there like that. It would raise a lot of questions that before I don't think Jack would have wanted to ansewer. And now I think he's moved past that (not moved on of course because he'll never be able to do that) point where he can't talk about it.

And (the shippy part here ) is that I think now that he's in a serious relationship again, he's able to get to that part of his grieving period. Acceptance and so on (I knew I should have listened better in health class when we went over this!) And I really think that has to do with Sam. For 8 years (technically 9 [year between when he got back and SG-1 was formed]) and now that he's in a serious relationship with another person he's able to work though it a little bit better.

Man I really love this ship to pieces Guh!

Wow, Oma, what a great challenge! Are they snurchable?
                          Most of them are snarchable and you can always ask the maker I don't think anyone would have a problem with it!

'sgu'

Spoiler:

OT weather:
                          Spoiler:
                          Sally come to PA...it's been so cold!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            Dan Brown OT-
                            Spoiler:
                            I heard about that book on the radio today, I may have to buy it! Let us (me ) know how it is please?

First thing (and most important thing) first

*squishy hugs VSS* Have you become the shippy cheerleader again? *sniffles*

SGU-
                            Spoiler:
                            Great awesome post! And I totally agree with every single bit of it.

I think that's very significant that he has that picture there like that. It would raise a lot of questions that before I don't think Jack would have wanted to ansewer. And now I think he's moved past that (not moved on of course because he'll never be able to do that) point where he can't talk about it.

And (the shippy part here ) is that I think now that he's in a serious relationship again, he's able to get to that part of his grieving period. Acceptance and so on (I knew I should have listened better in health class when we went over this!) And I really think that has to do with Sam. For 8 years (technically 9 [year between when he got back and SG-1 was formed]) and now that he's in a serious relationship with another person he's able to work though it a little bit better.
                            Thanks for the squishy hugs. THough I am kind of bony- I hope I didn't hurt you.

Well, this is the other thing I've always thought about Jack. You know in Grace and in Threads he never answers the question about the regs keeping them apart. Because I don't think it was the only thing- if it was, they could have fixed it. He has issues. Whether it was Sam who helped him with his issues or that he had to get through them on his own before he could be with her, I don't know. And I wouldn't be surprised if things are not all peachy for them in the third movie (because story tellers simply CANNOT resist angst) but I do think it works out in the end, and that they are integral to each other's happiness.

Spoiler:
                            And while I'm on the subject of the regs, it's definitely tempting to be pissed off that other airmen are busy trying to shag each other in the first ep. But that makes S&J even more special because they're honorable, and they understand the reasons why the regs are there in the first place. For many reasons, I really can't imagine that Jack would ever have an obvious pic of Sam in his office.
                            Last edited by VSS; 21 September 2009, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the squishy hugs. THough I am kind of bony- I hope I didn't hurt you.
                              Spoiler:
                              Well, this is the other thing I've always thought about Jack. You know in Grace and in Threads he never answers the question about the regs keeping them apart. Because I don't think it was the only thing- if it was, they could have fixed it. He has issues. Whether it was Sam who helped him with his issues or that he had to get through them on his own before he could be with her, I don't know. And I wouldn't be surprised if things are not all peachy for them in the third movie (because story tellers simply CANNOT resist angst) but I do think it works out in the end, and that they are integral to each other's happiness.

And while I'm on the subject of the regs, it's definitely tempting to be pissed off that other airmen are busy trying to shag each other in the first ep. But that makes S&J even more special because they're honorable, and they understand the reasons why the regs are there in the first place. For many reasons, I really can't imagine that Jack would ever have an obvious pic of Sam in his office.
                              Nah I'm tough

Spoiler:
                              Haven't Sam and Jack been through enough angst?

But your right I do think he has those issues as well. And he's also out of practice...(pull your minds out of the gutter! ) with the whole relationship thing. And he's not even that good at talking things out to begin with I think there definitely could be some problems, him not talking to her when he should, him not saying 'I love you' because he assumes she knows it. But Sam knows that about him so I think they'd be able to work it out.

Good so I'm not the only one bothered by that! But your right it does mean more and is more special because they didn't go at each other like rabbits when they got the chance (Though I'm sure they did go at it like a Monkey on a Banana creme pie...just after the regs weren't there ) It's love for them, not just sexual attraction.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

SGU
                                Spoiler:
                                Hey, you know, maybe someone in Props just has a big crush on Harley Jane Kozak.

Seriously, though, I think it's just a sign that he's able to better deal with those memories now. And meanwhile, I'll just keep hoping that there's a nice Sam pic somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X