This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell

Regulation attire is not an obstacle to some early flirty smiles. Gulp, just before Jack meets "Dad" for the first time.
    Nice, nell. Makes me think how different Jack's meeting with Jacob was from 's meeting!

Just sayin', love those dress blues.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
      Nice, nell. Makes me think how different Jack's meeting with Jacob was from 's meeting!

Just sayin', love those dress blues.
      Yeah, Jack's respectful irreverance was not lost on Dad. Dad himself was, interestingly enough, similarly so!! Did Sam notice the likeness between these men?
      sigpic

Comment

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/JafacbyGalaxy.jpg
        I just love it when Sam and Jack are standing face to face!!!
        Me, too!!

When I capped that scene, I thought it was interesting that in so many spots, sam would be leaning towards Jack, but he would be leaning back, away from her. It was telling about what their relationship was supposed to be like in that timeline.
        sig by PM

Comment

Yeah, Jack's respectful irreverance was not lost on Dad. Dad himself was, interestingly enough, similarly so!! Did Sam notice the likeness between these men?
          Oh, I'm sure she did! Two stubborn, brave and duty bound soldiers! The Sam the writers gave us was one who wanted someone a little less committed to everything but family, I guess. So she got you-know-who.

Just sayin', if only the courage to follow up their original course had remained. All the humm-worthy scenes we missed. Sigh.
          Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 04 January 2006, 07:38 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

No doubt I will... I have a couple of other fics on the go at the moment... non PWPs but WIPs.. god love the TLA!!

Originally posted by LadyJeep
            Myrth, I loved this. I thought you did a fabulous job! You ARE writing more, right?
            sigpic

Comment

SAM: I mean it, Jack. Either the beard goes or I go!

Just playin', just sayin' - it just popped into my fron, I swear!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Awwww. AUCat, You're part of the family now. You'll always be loved unconditionally. Or yelled at by an annoying sibling. Usually Nell
                I love this post! Tracy Jane, you joined the family during my recent involuntary absence (work crisis), but you've caught on fast! AUCat, she's right! Welcome to you and to K8bugt too! Always glad to see new shippers!

Isn't it amazing? The more people get introduced to Stargate: SG-1, the more new shippers we get! Surely all these people aren't seeing things -- tee-hee!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                  I'm going to push the Sam/Jack button. Maybe it might help on Friday.
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...forSamJack.jpg
                  Ah, Rogue.....an oldie, but a truly good goodie! And we'll probably all be pushing the button Friday night!
                  Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  *cough* cough* somebody said shipper remote

Made for LOVE....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...009/Remote.jpg
                  Thanks to Mary for the remote
                  Thanks to you too, Carolina! Love both these remotes!
                  Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 04 January 2006, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Thank you SG-1fanintn! I've been a late night lurker for a while. Recent fanfic reading marathons really got me heated enough to chat. (hehe, double meanings) I hate the fact that my work takes me away from good internet for so long, because I love how wonderful this thread is.
                    A life without ship is no life at all.

Comment

Originally posted by AUCat
                      Thank you SG-1fanintn! I've been a late night lurker for a while. Recent fanfic reading marathons really got me heated enough to chat. (hehe, double meanings) I hate the fact that my work takes me away from good internet for so long, because I love how wonderful this thread is.
                      Well, whatever motivated you, we're glad to have you here. I haven't had enough quality GW time lately, but with the holidays over and the work crisis calming down, I'm optimistic about being here regularly again! I'll be looking for you!

Nell, thanks to you for these great photos and caps tonight! I'll be in touch soon about Shore Leave!

Off to beddy-bye land now. 6:00am comes terribly early!!!

Comment

Does anyone know any good Mini-Sam/Mini-Jack fics? I like a lot of the ones I've found so far.

Comment

Hey I was just watching EDM again and I was wondering: Does anybody remember a movie from the 80's that had girl break up with a guy and marry another guy because it would be easier than dating him? I remember a quote were somebody asks the girl if she enjoys being single again and she said I'm "not exactly" single. ER used it too when somebody askes if Susan if she'd broken up with Chuck and she said "not exactly". Just a thought. I got figure that there was at least sometime between Sam's transfer and Jack's promotion where the regs could have been circumvented. And it would be funny. Especially if they hadn't told anybody. Revelation for 200. hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                            Oh, I'm sure she did! Two stubborn, brave and duty bound soldiers! The Sam the writers gave us was one who wanted someone a little less committed to everything but family, I guess. So she got you-know-who.

Just sayin', if only the courage to follow up their original course had remained. All the humm-worthy scenes we missed. Sigh.
                            Daddy issues, smirk.

Comment

spoilers for s8's threads, season 9, and current season atlantis

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              The "right story" would be for him to mosey back in for a meeting, and for the story to make it clear that he and Sam are TOGETHER! Actually, we've all written lots of good S9 stories. It's just TPTB that can't seem to move Jack stories forward.....probably because they can't persuade RDA to come back right now. I'm with you, STARGATE7777. He could read the Colorado phone book and I'd be happy.....as long as Sam was with him while he did it!

And while I'm thoroughly disgusted with TPTB and their disrespect for how they got where they are, this is not a big complaint post. Actually, I've been watching the S9 marathon this evening, trying to "like" it better. I was not successful. But I have come away feeling reassured about The Ship. Why? Because although the references to our favorite pair have been few and far between, they've been enough to reinforce the fact that Sam and Jack are together.

1. In Beachhead, Sam appeared during Landry's rant to Jack about needing Sam's help. It's clear (as we discussed at the time the ep first aired) from Landry's reply to Jack that, "Yes, she's standing right here," that Sam and Jack timed out her reappearance to have some fun with Landry. And from the grin on her face, I was fairly certain she'd been spending a lot of time with Jack! They had to be pretty cozy to be comfortable enough to conspire on a little trick like that.

2. In Ex Deus Machina, when Barrett asked Sam, "So, you're single again?" and she replies, "Not exactly," there's a music swell right before she speaks. It's clear that she's referring to Jack. It couldn't be anyone else. That's what they meant for us to think.

3. In The Fourth Horseman, part 1, when Orlin tells Sam he still has feelings for her, she looks really uncomfortable. She doesn't look around, like she's worried that someone else might overhear them. She looks uncomfortable because it never occurred to her that Orlin still felt this way. Why?

A. He's a freakin' kid!
                              B. It's been so long, and she's so in love with Jack now, that it never even occurred to her that Orlin might still harbor feelings for her...or expect her to still feel the same!

These things are canon, and if they don't throw us any more bones this year, we at least have these things to know that The Ship is still going strong.....off-screen. It's not what I want, but I can live with it for now.

Also, while watching my new S8 DVDs, I noticed the opening moments of Threads. When the announcer says, "Previously on Stargate: SG-1," the scenes are from Divide & Conquer and other ship-centric eps. It's clear that the main purpose of Threads was to resolve The S/J Ship.....even if they didn't give us the big honkin kiss! We are meant to believe that Sam & Jack are together. And trying to read something into every action TPTB take as the season progresses doesn't change that. It just upsets us, and makes us all unhappy. Please, for your own peace of mind, quit second-guessing everything they say and do. They're just trying to run a TV show. And while they could do it better, they haven't violated our couple yet.

So don't worry about chain of command, the return of other guys who've been interested in Sam, the Grace Under Pressure episode of SGA or anything else. Sam & Jack are together, and TPTB mean for us to think that. I also don't think they will violate The Ship. RDA apparently doesn't want to come back right now, but as soon as he's willing, they'll find a story for him. Maybe it'll be episode 200...or maybe it'll be somewhere else in S10. Maybe it'll be in S11 (Lord, I hope this muck doesn't go on that long, 'cause I can't stand Vala that long!). But he'll be back and they'll resolve it for us. So, count nell and me among the optimism police!

Now.....that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!!!!
                              wonderful post, sg-1fanintn.

but you know why i'm scared? because with fourth horseman p1, it's shown that they're willing to rewrite stargate history to fit their purposes. no matter what fh-p1 says (or joe mallozzi), i did NOT see a sexual relationship between sam and orlin in s5's 'ascension'. but they're trying to make us believe they did as to make the sam-orlin relay more powerful now. (or is that the reason, and not to just push s/other ship yet again???).

but when that little trick took place, i knew things were going to be a tricky ride. i can live with the waiting (shouldn't have to, since they've resolved the issues they said had to be resolved to let s&j be together), but i *can't* live with them continuing with sam/other ship after all the progress 'threads' gave us. i will not accept it. then add in sam/mckay (don't care if it's all in mckay's head. i feel they're trying to butter up the possibilities of s/m ship with the possibilities of sam going over to atlantis) and you've got yet another example of putting sam with someone else. jeez, this has all been in six episodes, one of which isn't even sam's home show!

so that's what's sticking in my craw. that's what scaring me. revisionist writing to suit their purposes. and my question remains: what's next?

sorry for the (once again) negative outlook.

sally
                              Last edited by majorsal; 04 January 2006, 10:29 PM.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Majorsal, don't worry. They're just setting up a big joke where Sam tells McKay that Jack didn't appreciate him hitting on his wife. Happy thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X