Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If were annoying to TPTB maybe we should stop watching the Show.TPTB can then only deal with Daniel and Vala Fans.I also do not want to hear anyone on the Ship forum say we should not ask JM Ship questions.If I want to ask JM Ship questions that's my choice.If I want to rant about the Sam/Jack Ship on this Thread I'am doing it.When TPTB do what there suppose to do and stop treating RDA like he was never on the Show I'll stop annoying TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      You know I feel the need to clarify my feelings on this before people think I'm some kind of insane positivity lunatic....

I'm not, not dissappointed with the lack of ship and RDA. I'm just not going to get angry and bitter about it because it serves no purpose and as I keep saying, I don't think the whole story has been written yet (as in we'll see more).

One of the key things here is that there has been a massive changing of the guard in the crew running the show. Not just Jack O'Niell, but Gekko is also no longer around, and I'll be honest, I've missed that influence in the first half of season 9. There's a quirky little "it" that just isn't there, something that made the show brilliant. But then they're only 10 eps into the new era, so I think it's unfair to scream bloody murder at this point. They haven't had a decent chance to find their feet yet.

I'm a little disappointed that they can't come up with something more creative than a one sided phone call to incorporate Jack (more on that in a minute), and I'm extremely dissappointed with the current state of affairs surrounding Amanda. Someone's dropped the ball big time on that, but part of what makes the show great is the team work. Amanda's come to the party to support the show regardless, and it's because of them that I remain optimistic. I figure that with all of the talent and greatness in the team, at some point they'll correct the overcompensation that would seem to be coming from the top.

The team in charge is no longer the same, which means the policies and decision making that have governed the running of this show are no longer the same. By the people running the show, I'm not talking about the writers or the producers, they're the middle men, and that's why I don't agree with picking on Joe in his blog or any of the others who take the time to contribute to the fandom. Joe has been a great supporter in the past, but the man has a job to do and he's shown a huge amount of professionalism in dealing with the comments he's been getting from all the different tribes in this fandom. I see sending him accusatory questions and expecting him to do exactly what we want as unfair. Simply because it puts him in a hard position. While he very well may agree with us, he can't very well go out and say it if it contradicts what's coming from above can he? If you want someone to fight for you, you make yourself sympathetic to them, because you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I think a policy of constructive criticism would go a long way.

There are real people behind all of this, the writers, the actors etc etc and they respond to things exactly the same way you and I do. So sometimes it's worth putting yourself in their place in your head and seeing it from the other side.

I've no doubt tptb are well aware of the discontent with the lack of Jack and the general opinion that the ship hasn't been resolved satisfactorily. But the question is, is that tinged with a positive or negative light and how will that affect what they're likely to do with it down the track? Our influence on this situation will never be direct, but we will always have a passive effect and I personally choose to believe that this show hasn't forgotten Sam & Jack and will deal with it when they can. I'd rather they wait until they have the resources (read: RDA) available to do something special with it, than to throw scraps to the masses, if you know what I mean.

But in saying that I do think the occasional reference would be nice and I wanted to start a game. How could Jack be referenced in SG-1 in a way that does not involve a one sided phone call?

My first few entries are:

1. Someone asks Sam how he is. Eg Daniel: Hi Sam, how's Jack? Sam: He's fine thanks Daniel.

2. We're in Sam's lab and Jack's mission hat is sitting on a shelf behind her.

3. There's a tense "end of the world incident" and we have Sam trying to diffuse/turn off/resolve something and she can only communicate via IM to earth. She's typing a bunch of technobabbly and on the screen we get "CARTER!!" ... it's jack in words

Anyone else?
      This post speaking from my heart

I believe, TPTB no made by nothing what would damage this show.
      End between S&J is one things, which belongs damage this show for many people.

p.s. i hope, to use rights words
      sigpic

Comment

Yep it is your choice and I would never suggest otherwise. Nor was I saying in anyway that we should stop asking Joe questions. I was saying perhaps we could think about the wording of them and what is likely to get a positive response and what's likely to get his snarky humour.

My motto in life is very much each to their own, but I'm not going to stop watching the show. I love Stargate and I think there's more great moments to come. That's my choice.

Originally posted by ses110
        If were annoying to TPTB maybe we should stop watching the Show.TPTB can then only deal with Daniel and Vala Fans.I also do not want to hear anyone on the Ship forum say we should not ask JM Ship questions.If I want to ask JM Ship questions that's my choice.If I want to rant about the Sam/Jack Ship on this Thread I'am doing it.When TPTB do what there suppose to do and stop treating RDA like he was never on the Show I'll stop annoying TPTB.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
          This post speaking from my heart

I believe, TPTB no made by nothing what would damage this show.
          End between S&J is one things, which belongs damage this show for many people.

p.s. i hope, to use rights words
          By not handling Sam and Jack properly, they have damaged the show for many people. Myself included.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I have to agree that we can't scream yet, they aren't far enough into things.

I feel so sorry for Amanda, though. I know she picks herself up and gets on with it, but she made a tough decision deciding to work and be a mum and everything else, and it seems like she's getting messed around.

Poor woman.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              I have to agree that we can't scream yet, they aren't far enough into things.

I feel so sorry for Amanda, though. I know she picks herself up and gets on with it, but she made a tough decision deciding to work and be a mum and everything else, and it seems like she's getting messed around.

Poor woman.
              Yes difficult time for AT, but she is a strong ,smart and beautiful women.
              I hope in 10. season occurs better times for Sam, and J&S
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                Yes difficult time for AT, but she is a strong ,smart and beautiful women.
                I hope in 10. season occurs better times for Sam, and J&S
                She's incredibly strong. Far stronger than me.

Comment

I've no doubt tptb are well aware of the discontent with the lack of Jack and the general opinion that the ship hasn't been resolved satisfactorily. But the question is, is that tinged with a positive or negative light and how will that affect what they're likely to do with it down the track? Our influence on this situation will never be direct, but we will always have a passive effect and I personally choose to believe that this show hasn't forgotten Sam & Jack and will deal with it when they can. I'd rather they wait until they have the resources (read: RDA) available to do something special with it, than to throw scraps to the masses, if you know what I mean.
                  My problem and bitterness, in regards to ship, stems from the lack of planning that got TPTB into this corner in the first place. I cannot for the life of me understand why they have dragged out the ship to the point where RDA isn't even on the show anymore. I don't see how that serves anything-- the show, the characters, the fans-- anything. No one and nothing benefits from this state of limbo. I don't know if the last guard left this mess for the new guard, but regardless, pretending ship never existed isn't the answer.

They should have dedicated a little more time last year-- not to Pete and Kerry-- but to Sam and Jack and finished it. There is no reason why we should still be talking about this! RDA is gone and may never come back. They've got new characters and new plots they want to develop. Fine! But the royal screw-up came with not finishing it well when they had the chance and the actors.

Right now Jack and Sam should be officially together off-screen and shippers blissfully content thinking about them living happily ever after. Not wondering if they'll ever throw us a scrap of a comment in season 10 about WTF is going on.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                    My problem and bitterness, in regards to ship, stems from the lack of planning that got TPTB into this corner in the first place. I cannot for the life of me understand why they have dragged out the ship to the point where RDA isn't even on the show anymore. I don't see how that serves anything-- the show, the characters, the fans-- anything. No one and nothing benefits from this state of limbo. I don't know if the last guard left this mess for the new guard, but regardless, pretending ship never existed isn't the answer.

They should have dedicated a little more time last year-- not to Pete and Kerry-- but to Sam and Jack and finished it. There is no reason why we should still be talking about this! RDA is gone and may never come back. They've got new characters and new plots they want to develop. Fine! But the royal screw-up came with not finishing it well when they had the chance and the actors.

Right now Jack and Sam should be officially together off-screen and shippers blissfully content thinking about them living happily ever after. Not wondering if they'll ever throw us a scrap of a comment in season 10 about WTF is going on.

ship sistah
                    You know... I've been thinking and would we really be happy if the Ship had come to terms... or would we still be asking for more?

I don't know, I've thought about it a couple of times... and don't have an answer...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

To be honest, they need to close it, one way or the other. Yes or no. I'd be gutted if it were negative, but at least we'd have confirmation.

But on the topic of ship.... go check out the SagC thread: there's a few good shippy points over that way at the moment.

Comment

I actually agree with you on that, but it's a case of woulda, coulda, shoulda, didn't. It ain't a perfect world unfortunately.

I think much of it came out of the fact they've been "ending" the show for the last 3 or 4 years. Every season had a ship resolve that didn't happen because the show was unexpectedly renewed. I'd imagine they didn't forsee RDA actually leaving this time either.

It sucks, but it's not over yet, there is still every chance it will be resolved in a way that is waaay better than if they closed the door on it in s8.

There's that optimism of mine again

Originally posted by sacme

ship sistah
                        sigpic

Comment

I actually agree with you on that, but it's a case of woulda, coulda, shoulda, didn't. It ain't a perfect world unfortunately.

I think much of it came out of the fact they've been "ending" the show for the last 3 or 4 years. Every season had a ship resolve that didn't happen because the show was unexpectedly renewed. I'd imagine they didn't forsee RDA actually leaving this time either.

It sucks, but it's not over yet, there is still every chance it will be resolved in a way that is waaay better than if they closed the door on it in s8.

There's that optimism of mine again
                          I agree with ya there, though. They never wanted to resolve the ship til the very end, because they didn't want it to become Shipgate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            I agree with ya there, though. They never wanted to resolve the ship til the very end, because they didn't want it to become Shipgate.
                            Ironically, they did turn it into shipgate by not resolving it.
                            sigpic
                            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                              Ironically, they did turn it into shipgate by not resolving it.
                              That's exactly what I thought when I wrote the comment. Great minds think alike, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                                No offense taken. I agree with you, it is sad. But "there" is where I am.

I hope that you are right. I was so very positive that the end of season 8 there would be that resolution as we were looking for it. And while I saw it as Sam and Jack are together, it's apparently just an insuination. Open to interpretation. I don't want it open to interpretation. I want it fact. So, now I expect nothing. It doesn't keep me from hoping that I'm wrong. That one day it will be there openly and cannonly and finally without a doubt. However, I am not holding my breath.

I wish all TPTB the best in continuing with the show and with the new characters. And as long is Sam is there, I will probably watch. However, it is not the same show and I don't have the entusiasm that I had. RDA/Jack was so much a part of my enjoyment of SG. I want to love this new Gate, and I do like Mitchell, but I can't find that same magic.

I don't wish to anger anyone with my opinion. It is only that, an opinion. Sam and Jack are together in my mind from what I've seen. That is how I interpretate it. If that is proved wrong, I don't think I could watch anymore.
                                I agree mostly with what you are saying and feeling!!! I know that Sam and Jack are together. Everything points to it BUT I want The Confirmation on the screen. BTW, here is my little bit of hope:

I was on RDA website the other day to write him a birthday wish. While checking the site, I found a post of his newspaper farewell when the series MacGyver ended. Hint, hint!! If RDA was really ending his character's role wouldn't this MAJOR STAR have a farewell??? I believe that TPTB will happily have RDA back when he is ready to return. At least for guest appearances.

Remember, RDA left for personal not professional reasons: to be a Dad to his daughter and to pursue his environmental projects. He is doing both. Eventually, he will return to the screen. That is my hope and I'm stickin' to it!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X