X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

Completely agree. It would have been OOC for Jack, and besides we know the only reason that he accepted the snake in S6 was because Sam said 'please'

And you are right about , it does make sense...hmmm it's a good thing that shes with a semi-normal man now!

I knew you guys only liked me for my picspam!
    That's not true. We love you cause you keep all the plot bunnies alive and well and that's not an easy job **tiptoes out before Amanda reminds me about the Jack engaged plot bunny**

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    No apologies necessary for ranting. However ... any time you feel like picspamming ... please feel free ... don't let us stop you ... or anybody else interfere ... or other duties take you away from this most important of important, really important duties.

.... I'm so embarrassed. When I first read your comment, I thought you said "all slippery inside".

(**hangs head in shame and bangs head against wall a few times**)

Actually, from what I heard from my mother, I did used to bang my head against walls when I was a child (she says she never knew why). Hmmmm ... perhaps that's what's wrong with me.
    It's great when things suddenly make sense doesn't it

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    QUICK somebody picspam and fix my broken little shippy heart...

I have a confession...

Spoiler:
    :: sniffles :: I was curious so I clicked on the Sam and Jack not in a ship thread because I thought maybe it was a place to discuss the merits of the characters, but they were all so ANGRY about our couple. And despite being a grown woman it made me sad So I came back here to my pitiful little cavern of angst next to my tiny little shippy fire feeling very dejected...
    There there. **hugs Twilight**

Remember, when it comes to Stargate SG1, ours is the only thread of consequence.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    Jumble and Twilight, you two are either nuts or very brave. I don't venture there very often, but I have taken a peek in that thread a few times in the last year. I end up just shaking my head and figuing they didn't watch the same show we did. . . or they're in as much denial as Jack and Sam were in the beginning! LOL!

I had a good giggle, Jumble, over the fact you were more defensive about them slamming an episode that Martin directed than the S/J portion of that episode itself. Thanks for that

Picspam! Oh how I love thee - when I get to work and can load it on the T1 line. LOL!

Just think, maybe by the time next year there will be pic spam from the new movie with undeniable proof that S/J are together. It won't matter to those who don't want to see it, though. The sky in the world they live in must be green, or maybe even purple polkadotted!
    Indeed!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    *wanders in*
    Hey Shippers, I'm hooome! Properly this time Just arrived back from Chicago and after all my travels the last month I have no intention of getting on any more planes for a while (I worked out I've spent over 60 hours in the air in the last 4 weeks ) And I am finally back with proper internet and can play with you all again And there's even picspam to welcome me back ((((ship family))))

On the recent discussion topics...
    CotG recut - I'm with Rachel, Cags, VSS et al on this one I won't risk reigniting the topic by saying more, but basically, what they said
    Jack/Anise - Nuff said

And woohood!!! Two weeks to Ship Day! Awesome
    *off to upload Jas's awesome sig to my rotation*
    Welcome back Josie *crash tackles Josie in shipper bear hug*
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

I was thinking about Lost City yesterday, when Sam drove over to Jack's house. We know she went to confess her feelings about him and I realized that Sam has actually tried to discuss her feelings with Jack on at least 2 occasions.

I know we've already discussed this to death but every now and then it hits you.

Twice!

So Random Q:

Why was Jack afraid (I'm putting it down to fear but let me know your opinion)to hear Sam confess her feelings for him under normal circumstances.
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
        I was thinking about Lost City yesterday, when Sam drove over to Jack's house. We know she went to confess her feelings about him and I realized that Sam has actually tried to discuss her feelings with Jack on at least 2 occasions.

I know we've already discussed this to death but every now and then it hits you.

Twice!

So Random Q:

Why was Jack afraid (I'm putting it down to fear but let me know your opinion)to hear Sam confess her feelings for him under normal circumstances.
        You know what's interesting was that in "Lost City" he didn't stop her when she came over (they were interrupted) - and when they were talking I got the distinct feeling that she was about to confess and he was going to let her. Watch the scene, watch how he situates himself... it seemed to me that he knew what was coming...

I think with the later engine room scene... maybe it was because he thought he was going to die. Maybe he thought it would be too cliche It's always going to be speculation. (Or maybe he lives in the cavern of angst... let me go check the back of the cave...)

Comment

You know what's interesting was that in "Lost City" he didn't stop her when she came over (they were interrupted) - and when they were talking I got the distinct feeling that she was about to confess and he was going to let her. Watch the scene, watch how he situates himself... it seemed to me that he knew what was coming...

I think with the later engine room scene... maybe it was because he thought he was going to die. Maybe he thought it would be too cliche It's always going to be speculation. (Or maybe he lives in the cavern of angst... let me go check the back of the cave...)
          Oh, interesting point! I agree he was going to let her in Lost City - he's quick to ask her not to talk about Charlie and him dying, but when she edges towards The Topic he just waits... and then Daniel and Teal'c show up

I think with the engine room scene though it's because they're in the middle of the mission - Sam feels that she doesn't want to lose the chance to tell him because he's going to die, whereas he knows what she's going to say and doesn't want her actually saying it to distract them from the task at hand. Plus maybe it's a way to protect her - he thinks this is it for him and he's worried about how she's going to deal with that, and so in typical Jack style he thinks that as long as neither of them admit it then it'll be easier for them.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oh, the horror. I'll have to watch that episode again. It's my favorite so it won't be too much of a hardship! LOL!

Without having watched it in a few months, I'd have to agree. She came over to tell him she cared about him and he was going to let her.

Damn Daniel and Teal'c for interrupting!

Well, I'm sure he knows that a confession of love just before he dies wouldn't make either of them feel better. And - we all know how he feels about cliches.

Jack was also going to let her tell him in Threads, too. His discomfort there was more because he knew Kerry was going to walk out at any time, more than the subject he knew Sam was about to bring up.

When Sam shows him the ring, I think he's too blindsided to actually discuss feelings with her despite her giving him several openings to talk about them. He may not have wanted to ruin her chance at happiness (and he may also think that getting involved with her at that point would ruin her career) if he thinks things have gone so far as to get to a proposal.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              Well, I'm sure he knows that a confession of love just before he dies wouldn't make either of them feel better. And - we all know how he feels about cliches.

Jack was also going to let her tell him in Threads, too. His discomfort there was more because he knew Kerry was going to walk out at any time, more than the subject he knew Sam was about to bring up.

When Sam shows him the ring, I think he's too blindsided to actually discuss feelings with her despite her giving him several openings to talk about them. He may not have wanted to ruin her chance at happiness (and he may also think that getting involved with her at that point would ruin her career) if he thinks things have gone so far as to get to a proposal.
              Hmm, you know this makes me think...

I guess I've been operating under the assumption that Jack wouldn't let her talk about it because of the regs or what not. If we reconsider Lost City, he was willing to talk about it. He was going to let her (except that apparently they were also being stalked by Daniel and Teal'c. I think Daniel was trying to interrupt, I think Teal'c was trying to give them time by delaying Daniel to stop and get donuts... that's all just speculation of course )

I hadn't really given it much thought in Threads that he might have been hesitant because he had a girl in the house. Hmm. If they had been alone maybe he would have let her? And the ring - I agree with the blindsided thing. I think there must have been this sinking realization that he'd lost her forever.

Or at least until the end of Season 8.

Comment

Daniel + Teal'c = masters of lousy timing....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  Daniel + Teal'c = masters of lousy timing....
                  Teal'c is the true shipper in that group LOL. Daniel... I think he knows something's up, but he's too busy working.

Comment

I guess I've been operating under the assumption that Jack wouldn't let her talk about it because of the regs or what not. If we reconsider Lost City, he was willing to talk about it. He was going to let her (except that apparently they were also being stalked by Daniel and Teal'c. I think Daniel was trying to interrupt, I think Teal'c was trying to give them time by delaying Daniel to stop and get donuts... that's all just speculation of course )

I hadn't really given it much thought in Threads that he might have been hesitant because he had a girl in the house. Hmm. If they had been alone maybe he would have let her? And the ring - I agree with the blindsided thing. I think there must have been this sinking realization that he'd lost her forever.

Or at least until the end of Season 8.
                    I've always been of the opinion that if there were just the two of them talking about their feelings for each other, with no one else around, no witnesses, no security cameras, nothing recording what they were saying, then why not talk about it. Given that, I really do think that Jack's hesitancy to talk about the issue had nothing to do with regulations, and more to do with him just not wanting to talk about it. I'm quite sure neither one of them would have reported the other to the higher ups for discussing a personal issue like that. I'm quite sure neither of them would want the other getting in trouble for it.

And I'm also quite sure that had Daniel or Teal'c been around to hear any part of a discussion like that, they would never speak of it to anyone else. Neither of them would do or say anything to get their friends and teammates into trouble.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think that the regulations had anything to do with them not talking about it.

Comment

Someone should write a story from Teal'c point of view about Daniel wanting to follow Sam over to Jack's and Teal'c wanting to delay (because he knows Sam and Jack may be discussing something personal) them by getting donuts. Can you just see impatient Daniel bouncing on the balls of his feet waiting because Teal'c is taking his time choosing a dozen donuts? Ahh, what comedy! LOL!

I hadn't really given it much thought in Threads that he might have been hesitant because he had a girl in the house. Hmm. If they had been alone maybe he would have let her?
                      I really do think so. You can see Jack is nervously looking back and forth from the door to Sam. He's expecting to be interrupted. Otherwise, he may have tried to play dumb and avoid the 'feelings' issue, but seeing Sam's emotions laid so bare at his feet (it took a lot for her to come to his HOUSE to talk about this and he'd know that) may have prompted them to have the discussion.

And the ring - I agree with the blindsided thing. I think there must have been this sinking realization that he'd lost her forever.
                      Right and his inability to really give her the answers that she was clearly fishing for was because he'd been blindsided with the knowledge that this relationship was serious if she'd been given a ring.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Someone should write a story from Teal'c point of view about Daniel wanting to follow Sam over to Jack's and Teal'c wanting to delay (because he knows Sam and Jack may be discussing something personal) them by getting donuts. Can you just see impatient Daniel bouncing on the balls of his feet waiting because Teal'c is taking his time choosing a dozen donuts? Ahh, what comedy! LOL!
                        LOL! I love this! Someone should definetely write a ficlet about this!

(((())))
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Poor Daniel and Teal'c! They get such a ribbing in LC discussions. Personally, I think they are both shippers. And, reasonably, they had no clue they would be interrupting anything. They could have thought that Sam would have gone over/Jack would have called - something - the night before. Jack did say he had personal things to take care of.

It just kinda worked out that way.
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            Poor Daniel and Teal'c! They get such a ribbing in LC discussions. Personally, I think they are both shippers. And, reasonably, they had no clue they would be interrupting anything. They could have thought that Sam would have gone over/Jack would have called - something - the night before. Jack did say he had personal things to take care of.

It just kinda worked out that way.
                            Maaaayyyybe (okay yes that's most likely...)

Still... on a humorous level I would peg Daniel for being clueless and Teal'c being astute...

Hey! Look! Sam's already here!
                            Indeed.
                            Awesome, well let's park-
                            I believe we are in need of donuts.
                            What?
                            Is it not customary to bring gifts to ones host?
                            But it's Jack...
                            I must insist we gather donuts.
                            *sigh* Fine! I know how you feel about donuts...
                            Indeed.

Comment

Still... on a humorous level I would peg Daniel for being clueless and Teal'c being astute...

Indeed.
                              What?
                              But it's Jack...
                              Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                I've always been of the opinion that if there were just the two of them talking about their feelings for each other, with no one else around, no witnesses, no security cameras, nothing recording what they were saying, then why not talk about it. Given that, I really do think that Jack's hesitancy to talk about the issue had nothing to do with regulations, and more to do with him just not wanting to talk about it. I'm quite sure neither one of them would have reported the other to the higher ups for discussing a personal issue like that. I'm quite sure neither of them would want the other getting in trouble for it.

And I'm also quite sure that had Daniel or Teal'c been around to hear any part of a discussion like that, they would never speak of it to anyone else. Neither of them would do or say anything to get their friends and teammates into trouble.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think that the regulations had anything to do with them not talking about it.
                                I quite agree with you, which comes back to my question: What was he afraid of?

**Hopes Dee notices that I put 2 dots instead of a comma**

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                                LOL! I love this! Someone should definetely write a ficlet about this!

(((())))
                                Ah hem! **clears throat while looking at SamJackShipper indicating that she should write that fic**

Indeed.
                                What?
                                But it's Jack...
                                Indeed.
                                LOL Very funny!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X