Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bravo dipsofjazz.IMO TPTB deserve no slack.TPTB decided to bring in CB and BB and make all these changes when all they had to do was bring in someone like Jonas and Hailey.I'am sure TPTB are well paid to write for a character like Sam and if they cannot stand aside and let someone else do the job.TPTB forgot what it's like to have to produce quality episodes since SciFi keeps renewing the Show.It's no wonder the Cast and Crew do no want to leave

Comment

You said it sueKay.TPTB are not Happy with Shippers because we tell like it is and do give false praise.IMO it's the Daniel and Vala Fans who are the Happiest.I would be Happy too this Season if I was a Daniel and Vala Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
        Bravo dipsofjazz.IMO TPTB deserve no slack.TPTB decided to bring in CB and BB and make all these changes when all they had to do was bring in someone like Jonas and Hailey.I'am sure TPTB are well paid to write for a character like Sam and if they cannot stand aside and let someone else do the job.TPTB forgot what it's like to have to produce quality episodes since SciFi keeps renewing the Show.It's no wonder the Cast and Crew do no want to leave
        Whoot! Another Jonas and Hailey supporter! I've been yapping about that for years!! Why bring in randoms when you have ready made and developed characters with a fan base?
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Easy friends

This a hard times for shipy Sam & Jack but i hope to things yourself improvement in next time ,maybe
          Remember for this time S&J TOGETHER
          sigpic

Comment

It could have helped a bit with RDA leaving.All TPTB had to do was every once in a while mention Jack's name and show the Ship from Sam's Side.I did not expect every episode or even every other episode.That's all TPTB had to do along with add Jonas or Hailey and I would still watch the Show.I think most of us would have watched.My idea also would have saved Money instead of hiring CB and BB.I have a feeling Bridge would have signed off on something like this and SciFi/NBC wanted CB and BB.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              It could have helped a bit with RDA leaving.All TPTB had to do was every once in a while mention Jack's name and show the Ship from Sam's Side.I did not expect every episode or even every other episode.That's all TPTB had to do along with add Jonas or Hailey and I would still watch the Show.I think most of us would have watched.My idea also would have saved Money instead of hiring CB and BB.I have a feeling Bridge would have signed off on something like this and SciFi/NBC wanted CB and BB.
              Jonas & Hailey
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Whoot! Another Jonas and Hailey supporter! I've been yapping about that for years!! Why bring in randoms when you have ready made and developed characters with a fan base?
                Totally agree with that! I was especially hoping for Hailey since TPTB don't seem to want Jonas back at all. But she did have the same specialties as Sam so well... it was a lost cause from the beginning... I blame RDA for the series downfall Why did he have to leave?! Grrrr!
                Maybe give a bigger role to say, Walter or Dr. Brightman (remember her?) or something but at least someone we already knew at least in passing instead of bringing in outsiders... How about Lt. Grogan? It would have been nice to have a youngster in the team for a breath of enthusiasm... our team's become a bit jaded... I love Vala but I can't see what she could possibly bring to the team. However, she has a lot of presence and is a very strong character and I think she might impose herself a little too much, enough so that she'll eclipse Sam who is more calm and collected. I also think the Daniel/Vala ship will take precedence over everything but it's fun and sexy and with a character like Vala totally in-character all the time whereas with Sam and Jack it had to stay discreet and made to last for as long as they could pull it off...
                I've given up on seeing any ship for at least the next two years while they exhaust all the Daniel/Vala and "oh look, Mitchell is so cool!" stuff... Which is why I'm hoping for season 12 >.<
                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  I think people are right in saying that TPTB fuel the shippers themselves by saying "they should have kissed here", "she'll get together with Jack in the end" etc etc, and then they knock us back. Bu I think we can assume that Jack and Sam are together. That was the implication at the end of Threads, and the same situation happened in Moebius, trying to show that not that much had been rewritten.
                  I would love to think that, but the problem is that a portion of the fans still thinks that we, the shippers , are delusional or that " Sam's unrequited love for Jack is pathetic". Even the oficial Stargate magazine doesn't believe they are together, so I think for the sake of all the factions of the fans, the tptb should just come clean on screen. Then, one way or another it would be cannon, until then is just speculation or wishfull thinking.

I think we're being far too negative about them trying to rewrite history. JM is right, there are other stories that need attention right now, and, as much as I hate to admit it, the Stargate Universe doesn't revolve around us.
                  Well, as well as the orlin sexual inuendo if the sploilers are right
                  Spoiler:
                  that sam tells cameron that she would have told her dad or pete about the stargate even if they hadn't been given clearence
                  then that is going totally back on what we saw on screen, and not only rewriting but staining her character imo.
                  I just think that if tptb can spend 30 seconds to mention sam and orlin's one episode "relationship" then it wouldn't be asking much to see the same amount of time dedicated to clarify S/J 8 years's one.

I don't think there's any messing AT around as such, or trying to move her to Atlantis. It would be a bad move for both shows, making them co-dependant. I think the point is that they haven't done a lot of groundwork yet and don't really know when or how much they'll need her.
                  She is a team member/co-leader, one of four, they should need her as much as they need the other 3.

Oh dear.... I can feel the red coming already!
                  Not from me And I can't believe from anyone else here either, this is a place for all S/J shippers

Comment

It nice to hear AT wants to stay on SG-1.I just hope AT fights like Hell if TPTB try to ship Sam with someone else.I really hope
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam does not tell Mitchell she would have told Pete about the Stargate
                    .I guess Sam can break Regs for Pete and not for Jack.AT used to be worried about being Jack's Girl.I hope AT starts to pay more attention to what TPTB are doing to the Sam character.It seems right now whatever TPTB want to do with the Sam character is fine with AT.

Comment

Just one little note folks...

If I hear one more word about GABIT I might, just might, smash my monitor

It's nothing to do with AT...my anger's more...personal

no discussions about this post please

sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

some very nice post, but very pessimistic about Sam and Jack (pessimistic face say, this is true)
                        but my optimistic face (my realy face) face not believe for Sam/anyone. I can dreaming S&j TOGETHER, for the time, maybe
                        sigpic

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((((suekay)))))))))))))))))))))
                          Go and mash some potatos , it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                            Maybe, but it sounds like they weren't willing to discuss it at all. If my employer did that, I would be feeling very uncertain about my position. I think AT deserves better than that.
                            Well, I am in that position. My boss offered me a new position but he's not completely sure what all it will entail. It's a brand spanking new position within the company. It's a little irritating but he really doesn't know. So I can see TPTB having a hard time deciding what to say if they don't have the story written. As a writer, I know how a plot bunny can go from one thing at the beginning and another when I'm finished writing. I would think Amanda, being an experienced actress would know that as well. I hope she's not feeling upset over it. I'm sure it will work out in the end...

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              Sorry Tracy, but I must disagree

Any and all problems in season nine are of their own making. Professionals wouldn't have had to rewrite the show in order to get around RDA leaving. These guys destroyed the show we knew and loved. Killed off some great characters. Erased other great characters from memory, and brough in two people from another sci fi show in order to boost ratings. No wonder they're having problems.

And it doesn't give them the right to downplay fans' fears or to denegrate certain groups within the fandom, just because they're realising they've screwed up.

Driveby posting:

I tried to give you some green SueKay but they said that I had to spread the love around:

Well said!

And I second your thoughts!!

Happy Shipper Cookies to all and to all a good nite! *sorry, I just couldn't resist*
                              Ship Nana

Comment

I never took to the Hailey character. Even sort of groan when she has a part in fanfic, though I can read it if her role is not major. They killed off two of my favorite recurring characters--Janet and Jacob. They have never really replaced Janet. Dr. Brightman's brief appearance was a dud--don't know whether it was the actor's fault that she talked in a monotone or she was directed to be so flat-like Dr. Lam could develop, but so far has shown little, except that "attitude." JM said she was "sassy." Sassy she is not, in the meaning he was implying.

Comment

Working...
                                X