• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Whoever told you that? Stuff and nonsense my dear
    My RL granny tells me that all the time

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
    About RDA... I find him in a really good shape and always sexy. But I think the slim body suits him better. It's how he is, that's all. But I'll take him anyway
    I liked RDA/Jack the most in S6 of SG1...Wow...hot...and some of the really old pics where he is half nekkid...*fans self*

No wonder Sam loves him that much...not only does he looks great, but Jack has a great personality as well.
    (my attempt at bringing it back on topic)
    sigpic

Comment

Hey all...haven't posted here in years literally, but after reading...

Spoiler:
      the comments in Joe Mallozzi's blog, I found myself giddy at the thought of getting more Sam/Jack moments!

Ah...I'm back in my happy place!

*waves to anyone who knows/remembers me*
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

It's hard when you bring the RDA subject to DON'T thunk the man, ya know. *sigh*

But to make your attempt useful: they're SOOO TOGETHER!!!!
        And I think that that auction photo is my favorite OTS one now. *re-sigh*

Okay family! I'm off to bed now!

(((waves)))

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
          Hey all...haven't posted here in years literally, but after reading...

Spoiler:
          the comments in Joe Mallozzi's blog, I found myself giddy at the thought of getting more Sam/Jack moments!

Ah...I'm back in my happy place!

*waves to anyone who knows/remembers me*
          *waves*

Welcome Back!

I vaguely remember you! but I do remember you! You make awesome artworks! That I do know!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            *waves*

Welcome Back!

I vaguely remember you! but I do remember you! You make awesome artworks! That I do know!
            Aw thank you!

I don't think I've actively posted here since 05/06!
            sigpic

Comment

You know I love fanfic, love reading it and love writing it...but I dislike OOC fanfic *shutters and tries to get the fic that she just read out of her head*

To stay on topic-

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                Anyway, my advice on fanfic ratings for what it's worth:

Spoiler:

T is suitable for teens, 13 years and older, with some violence, minor coarse language, and minor suggestive adult themes.

This to me is the old Mills and Boon leave it at the door; waking up cuddling in bed, allusions to sex but no real description of any sex beyond kissing and potentially touching. (Think second base).

M is strong but non-explicit adult themes, references to violence, and strong coarse language.

I would define this as there is a sex scene but you're not particularly describing what goes where in crude or explicit terms. So sex couched in romantic terms is fine (as in VSS's As The World Turns or Karibou's early stuff Learned by Heart Kept in Mind, Reap What You Sow, etc)

MA is Content is only suitable for mature adults. May contain explicit language and adult themes.

To me that is graphic sex/erotica where the act is described in detail, and which is not really allowed on ff.net, what you more usually find on sjalways; more in the realms of Telkena/Sue Corkhill, (although occasional fics do make it on ff.net but are probably a smidge over the line such as Karibou's excellent Sam and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance).

---

In summary, you're probably the best judge as you know what you've written but if in doubt forewarn in the author's note as Tammy has suggested.

Ratings thoughts:

Spoiler:
                Based on your interpretations I think mine would fall into an "M" category (just barely, I find VSS's and Karibou's a hotter than anything I've written LOL), which sucks because I don't want to turn people off to my fic (Oh no, M, can't read...) on the other hand, what I have in there I feel is very important to the story I'm trying to tell. I'll definitely post a warning before the chapter and up the rating for the whole story if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                  Aw thank you!

I don't think I've actively posted here since 05/06!
                  I started to lurk in the beginning of 2006...joined in the middle of it And I know for sure you were still in here at the time...I do remember that you made a new lay-out for your website(stargate intel??) at the time!

I've got a memory that works in a very strange way.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    You know I love fanfic, love reading it and love writing it...but I dislike OOC fanfic *shutters and tries to get the fic that she just read out of her head*

To stay on topic-
                    I dislike OOC fanfic tooooooooooooo

What brought this thought on? (Or rather what particular OOC thing happened???)

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                      Ratings thoughts:

Spoiler:
                      Based on your interpretations I think mine would fall into an "M" category (just barely, I find VSS's and Karibou's a hotter than anything I've written LOL), which sucks because I don't want to turn people off to my fic (Oh no, M, can't read...) on the other hand, what I have in there I feel is very important to the story I'm trying to tell. I'll definitely post a warning before the chapter and up the rating for the whole story if need be.

In which case I would suggest...

Spoiler:

Leave the story rating as 'T'

Rate the chapter 'M' at the top in an author's note and say barely 'M' but you'll understand if they skip that section.

It's rare that I've heard anyone be reported for an incorrect rating because there is no much room for interpretation.

sigpic
                      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        I started to lurk in the beginning of 2006...joined in the middle of it And I know for sure you were still in here at the time...I do remember that you made a new lay-out for your website(stargate intel??) at the time!

I've got a memory that works in a very strange way.
                        Hehe...that's the way my brain works, lol

Stargate Intel is long gone (stupid hackers, argh!) but I have tons of other sites...all my old S/J stuff is at the first link in my sig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                          I dislike OOC fanfic tooooooooooooo

What brought this thought on? (Or rather what particular OOC thing happened???)

I read something that was really OOC....I shouldn't have clicked it but I did anyway next time I'll know better It was Sam/other story But it was so OOC...*sigh* I'm going to have to read some good S/J to get past it out of my head

Edit- SueKay oh my word your avatar!!!! *dies laughing* haven't seen that in forever

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                            In which case I would suggest...

Spoiler:

Leave the story rating as 'T'

Rate the chapter 'M' at the top in an author's note and say barely 'M' but you'll understand if they skip that section.

It's rare that I've heard anyone be reported for an incorrect rating because there is no much room for interpretation.

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks for helping me work this out

And thanks to everyone who weighed in

Now let's get out our Spud Gun and shoot some potatoes from here to kingdom come!!!

Sam is on a protein diet. She only goes for beef(y) Yummy Jack!

:: giggles ::

Comment

I read something that was really OOC....I shouldn't have clicked it but I did anyway next time I'll know better It was Sam/other story But it was so OOC...*sigh* I'm going to have to read some good S/J to get past it out of my head
                              Yikes. Yeah, I'm all about working really hard to make it as IC as possible. OOC usually doesn't sit well with me. Even if it's S/J (like them making out on base... unless it's an alien virus, then it's okay )

Comment

Edit- SueKay oh my word your avatar!!!! *dies laughing* haven't seen that in forever
                                OT - The Hey Arnold fan community is live and kicking - http://geocities.com/hey_arnold2003/home.html

It's my fave cartoon of all time

And to be on-topic...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X