X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup hedwig is right

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I could be wrong (and Mitchell may have pulled the sword out in another episode), but I thought the young village girl pulled the sword out of the stone and tossed it to Mitchell.
      But Mitchell pulled the first stone (the one found in the Ancient cavern at Glastonbury Tor) at the very beginning of Season Nine in "Avalon, Part 2".
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
        Yup threads gets me every time...but unfortunately the official airing has Citizen Joe come a few episodes before threads...but don't worry there are a few other scenes (Continuum and S10 the shroud) where they are couple-y like!

I wonder why its in the wrong order on the DVD's? Because other than that one remark Jack makes about not having met Kerry yet, their conversation on the phone is comfortably couply.

Anyone know what the original airing was? Did CJ come before Threads? I don't remember.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          But Mitchell pulled the first stone (the one found in Glastonbury, I believe) at the very beginning of Season Nine.
          Yes he did.....oh does that mean there's two Auther's

*walks out of threads reaaallly confused*

awww look Jack's making her smile!

Edit- yes Leiasky CJ comes before Threads in the original airing check out GW's S8 section. For my DVD's (Region 1) there in the original airing (except for S1 where some of them are messed up )

Comment

CJ aired on 02.18.05 in the US and Threads aired on 03.11.05

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              But Mitchell pulled the first stone (the one found in the Ancient cavern at Glastonbury Tor) at the very beginning of Season Nine in "Avalon, Part 2".
              I like the village girl pulling the sword out better. Way cuter way to go than having Mitchell pull it out. I mean, after all, "a girl" pulling out the sword in the stone?

I thought there was another episode where Mitchell pulled the sword out, but couldn't quite remember. Thus my first comment.

EDIT: Ooooh ... this brings up an interesting question. Which "sword in the stone" was the genuine "sword in the stone". I mean there can only be one true sword in the stone, right? So which one was it?

Comment

I agree with the bolded part. In "Divide & Conquer", when Sam was trying to tell Jack why they were not zatarcs, and he looked slightly confused for a moment until the light dawned, and he finally said "oh, ... that" suggested that he knew all along what the real reason was, but that he had simply not thought about it or given it any attention since there were more urgent(?) issues to deal with. But the point is that it had to be pretty much tossed in his face (head slapped?) in order to make him realize what Sam was suggesting.
                I always thought Jack was playing dumb - like he normally does. You know his penchant for pretending things don't exist (wasn't his father-hood advice to Teal'c to stick his fingers in his ears and hum really loudly...). Then during the za'tarc testing Sam had to prod him to get him to admit "that he cared about her a lot more than he's supposed to". There's a lot on the line for him to admit this - Sam having a crush on a superior officer is one thing - but him to have feelings for a subordinate...yeesh. That leaks and suddenly there are hints and allegations of favoritism, sexual harassment (while Sam might not think so, it could be perceived as such from others), and well, sleeping with subordinates. If Kinsey had had *any* thing to leverage against him, he could have run Jack O'Neill right into the ground.

I think it's Jack saying "I don't want to touch this with a ten foot pole"...

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                  I always thought Jack was playing dumb - like he normally does. You know his penchant for pretending things don't exist (wasn't his father-hood advice to Teal'c to stick his fingers in his ears and hum really loudly...). Then during the za'tarc testing Sam had to prod him to get him to admit "that he cared about her a lot more than he's supposed to". There's a lot on the line for him to admit this - Sam having a crush on a superior officer is one thing - but him to have feelings for a subordinate...yeesh. That leaks and suddenly there are hints and allegations of favoritism, sexual harassment (while Sam might not think so, it could be perceived as such from others), and well, sleeping with subordinates. If Kinsey had had *any* thing to leverage against him, he could have run Jack O'Neill right into the ground.

I think it's Jack saying "I don't want to touch this with a ten foot pole"...
                  The first bolded gave me warm fuzzies! Don't know why it did but... and to the second bolded, he did try to in 'Inauguration', Can you imagine if Jack wouldn't have pulled that trigger on Sam during 'Entity'? Wow talk about serious trouble...although you know really when you think about it, in D and C technically his feelings for her did interfere with the job, he wouldn't leave her behind...interfering with the job but I guess if anyone questioned that could be filed under not leaving anyone behind

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    But surely........ that is fluff, isn't it?
                    *pouts* What about the gutter?!?!

How come you come out of no where when gutter is talked about? Do you have a radar?
                    *hides radar* Nope, I'm just all knowing!

I really should have payed more attention in 10th grade English class when we went over all of this
                    I never learned this on school, only from movies. I do have the excuse though that I never had English class like you.

Originally posted by Mis.Understood View Post
                    Finished Threads last night. OMG I got a bit teary in places. I think that Jack and Sam are together....the conversation at the beginning of Citizan Joe is very much a couple-y one.
                    Threads is an awesome episode. I think it's one of the best SG episodes out there!

Btw I'm curious how all of our grammar/spelling etc. people would have resonded on the exam I had today. It was *full* with spelling errors...really bad.
                    sigpic

Comment

The first bolded gave me warm fuzzies! Don't know why it did but... and to the second bolded, he did try to in 'Inauguration', Can you imagine if Jack wouldn't have pulled that trigger on Sam during 'Entity'? Wow talk about serious trouble...although you know really when you think about it, in D and C technically his feelings for her did interfere with the job, he wouldn't leave her behind...interfering with the job but I guess if anyone questioned that could be filed under not leaving anyone behind
                      My point exactly. Realistically, Hammond would have known about the za'tarc testing - Janet would have been duty-bound to report her findings. If Kinsey had ever found out about the za'tarc testings he could have used it to get rid of Hammond. It was all very risky IMO - which is why I think Jack didn't even want to *breathe* a hint of what was going on. The stakes were too high.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        *pouts* What about the gutter?!?!

*hides radar* Nope, I'm just all knowing!

I never learned this on school, only from movies. I do have the excuse though that I never had English class like you.

Threads is an awesome episode. I think it's one of the best SG episodes out there!

Btw I'm curious how all of our grammar/spelling etc. people would have resonded on the exam I had today. It was *full* with spelling errors...really bad.
                        Welll you are the gutter Queen so that explains it

My English class was more like a literature class then a grammar class I'll admit I never had a specific grammar class...and it was years ago last time I had grammar...which is why my grammar in my stories stink

Comment

Yes. Technically, at the time of D&C they were already breaking the regs ... just by having the feelings they did (even though they were unspoken and had not been acted on). And by all rights, those in charge should have split up the team, since I'm pretty sure many people were already aware of those feelings (Janet, Hammond, others around the SGC). Hammond really should have broken up the team at that time, even though he could see they were not really letting the feelings interfere (too much) with the effective working dynamic of the team. Having said that, however, we would no longer have had SG1. Sam would have been the likely one to be transferred to either another team or to one of the departments at the SGC (and I don't think she would have liked either of those options, even though she would have loved getting to do the sciency stuff, she also wouldn't have gotten to get the adrenaline rush of going offworld with SG1). And without her on SG1, well ... I just don't even want to think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                            My point exactly. Realistically, Hammond would have known about the za'tarc testing - Janet would have been duty-bound to report her findings. If Kinsey had ever found out about the za'tarc testings he could have used it to get rid of Hammond. It was all very risky IMO - which is why I think Jack didn't even want to *breathe* a hint of what was going on. The stakes were too high.
                            Totally agree

Yes. Technically, at the time of D&C they were already breaking the regs ... just by having the feelings they did (even though they were unspoken and had not been acted on). And by all rights, those in charge should have split up the team, since I'm pretty sure many people were already aware of those feelings (Janet, Hammond, others around the SGC). Hammond really should have broken up the team at that time, even though he could see they were not really letting the feelings interfere (too much) with the effective working dynamic of the team. Having said that, however, we would no longer have had SG1. Sam would have been the likely one to be transferred to either another team or to one of the departments at the SGC (and I don't think she would have liked either of those options, even though she would have loved getting to do the sciency stuff, she also wouldn't have gotten to get the adrenaline rush of going offworld with SG1). And without her on SG1, well ... I just don't even want to think about that.
                            You know I would have loved to have seen the reports from Janet and Teal'c about how they got around that Obviously they didn't lie in the reports...but for not leaving her behind if Hammond would have questioned them I guess they could have always used the 'we don't leave our people behind' saying. I think as much as Hammond would have been obligated to tell the higher ups about it...I think he would have tried his hardest, knowing how they were and that they would never act on it, and as long as it wasn't interfering with the job, to not stress it as much to the higher ups. I guess to sweep it under the rug per say. And even the president said they have a right to there feelings...

Comment

These are just BEGGING for guttery captions . . .

And now that I've put that happy thought your minds, I shall skip away and go back to work!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                These are just BEGGING for guttery captions . . . *smiles happily*
                                Where's Seahen when you need her?

Comment

Working...
                                X