Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can give you the reason.TPTB are afraid of Anti-Shippers.TPTB should have told everyone there will always be Sam/Jack Ship and we will have episodes that deal with the Sam/Jack Ship from time to time.JM has no problems telling Shippers there will be no Sam/Jack now.TPTB do not fear Shippers because they know too many Shippers are not ready to stop watching this Show.

Comment

I think it's because most of the Antis belong to another group...not pointing fingers but think the words 'season six' and 'uproar'

Just sayin'
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I think that despite TPTB's denial that they listen and respond to fans that this is indeed what happened. In season 7, with the decrease in RDA's time and the pressure to be more Daniel centric ( is that a word?) they felt compelled to write the ship less obvious and more in a way that was open to interpretation. At the same time, all Sam and Jack as a couple or as individuals became, to some fans, a reason for anything and everything that ailed in the show. What we have now is simply the end result of something that gradually happened. I think they view the Sam and Jack storyline the same way as they view the Gould, Thor, Mayborne,etc. --it's over and resolved, let's move on. I don't know if they truly believe the show is still good or they just continue to say it is. I guess we'll all find out after the 200th episode. Sam, in season 9, is like everyone else. They have no prior knowledge of what has happened the past 8 years so they can have her act anyway they please. Scary, but I'm afraid true.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          I can give you the reason.TPTB are afraid of Anti-Shippers.TPTB should have told everyone there will always be Sam/Jack Ship and we will have episodes that deal with the Sam/Jack Ship from time to time.JM has no problems telling Shippers there will be no Sam/Jack now.TPTB do not fear Shippers because they know too many Shippers are not ready to stop watching this Show.
          antishipers vs shiper i am a thinking
          is a 1:1, this is a no problem. problem is a no RDA in the show and a new workteam.
          Change names from SG1 to SGC is a good idea, but graspingness somebody blindness eyes (200. epi)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
            I think that despite TPTB's denial that they listen and respond to fans that this is indeed what happened. In season 7, with the decrease in RDA's time and the pressure to be more Daniel centric ( is that a word?) they felt compelled to write the ship less obvious and more in a way that was open to interpretation. At the same time, all Sam and Jack as a couple or as individuals became, to some fans, a reason for anything and everything that ailed in the show. What we have now is simply the end result of something that gradually happened. I think they view the Sam and Jack storyline the same way as they view the Gould, Thor, Mayborne,etc. --it's over and resolved, let's move on. I don't know if they truly believe the show is still good or they just continue to say it is. I guess we'll all find out after the 200th episode. Sam, in season 9, is like everyone else. They have no prior knowledge of what has happened the past 8 years so they can have her act anyway they please. Scary, but I'm afraid true.
            it's moved and resolved, what? is gone, together or what? (S&J)
            this is a problem, no resolved
            goauld is gone, thor is ?, mayborne have 5 wife

Sam, in season 9, is like everyone else. They have no prior knowledge of what has happened the past 8years so they can have her act anyway they please

Yes she is no have memory and without heart, this is a not good for Sam like a women
            Last edited by dexterav; 21 December 2005, 04:44 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
              This is what troubles me with Moebius. At the end of the day, they can have any character pop up, do anything and go "hey, well, didnt ya know, the timeline got altered?" I mean,
              Spoiler:
              Janet
              is meant to be turning up soon too, isn't she?
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I know this is a Sam and Jack thread but I MISS RDA!!!. My daughter and I watched the first 5 minutes of some season 9 episode - it was either change the channel or fall asleep. Anyway, after the introduction of the actors and no RDA she said ---This is just wrong... My sentiments exactly.

Comment

I could be wrong but I think MS said one of the reasons he left was because the attention paid to Sam/Jack Ship.I guess not enough attention for Daniel.MS did say he was hoping SG-1 would be a Jack/Daniel Buddy Show.Daniel Fans are taking there queue from there leader.Sam/Jack Ship was doomed from the start.

Comment

The Sam we knew and Loved is gone.Much like this Show.

Comment

As much as I've said, I doubt TPTB are really going to just dump 8 years of hard work and back story.

Comment

I just don't get *why* TPTB would dump such a popular story! I mean...it might be the bone of contention online, but all the gaters I know that don't come online and aren't as 'fanatical' about it like the S/J storyline!
                        sigpic

Comment

Exactly. What they need to do is go out there and find the middle of the road viewer.

If you look on episodes where the viewers choose, it's nearly always an episode with a shippy element in that wins. Coincedence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Back on track... we need some actors on our side too. AT was always a shipper herself, wasn't she?
                            yes. a sam/pete shipper.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I think AT's changed her mind a few times...IIRC she said she enjoyed S/J ship, but that it was a bit frustrating for her...I think she liked Sam/Pete purely because it was different, and because she likes DdL...no other reasons
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                                And it all can be resolve in less than a minute of air time - a conversation with Sam and Daniel at lunch or while walking through the hall way,etc. or a phone call between Sam and Jack. We don't even need to hear Jack's side. Just some resolution. But it is never going to happen. As Jack said "Do you people practice being vague." (Between Two Fires)
                                I agree 100%. No, I take that back. I agree 150%!!!! BTW, I wrote to Joe several months ago and I added a little humor by referencing that quote and episode where Jack said to the Tollans "Do you people practice being vague!"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X