Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Joe, Sam and I are not interesting anymore? Well, "Per Favor, Non Mi Rampere i Coglioni! Grazie!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell

Sam: Jack, where are you going with the coffee?
      Jack: It's for trupi, she's hallucinating again!!
      Sam: Well, she's tired. Maybe she needs sleep.
      Jack: What? And miss the Shippers shipping??
      Sleep~~~~~~~~~~Coffee~~~~~~~! I'm so sick of concerts! Now I have to get my son to the studio by 5AM. He's going to sing with his group on Good Morning America, tomorrow morning. Plus I'm been sick since Friday! Merry Christmas!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        Well "to be perfectly honest", I'm very disapointed in Joe's response. I understand that he's being asked the ship question over and over again but he has to know that it's because we've not been given one single straight answer. However, he's never been quite this...deragotory towards shippers before. He can condescend all he wants but even this blunt and, quite frankly, rude response STILL doesn't give any kind of answer other than that they're obviously bored with the storyline now that they've got Mistress Boobs McCleavage on board and plan to just leave the storyline in limbo as they can't be bothered to resolve it one way or another, despite how simple it would be to do so. This is why I'm trying to avoid ship at all costs on Atlantis.

"Boobs McCleavage"--that's a title to remember. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
          That non-vague one line confirmation would do me too Rogue. I hope we at least get that. The way things appear to be at the moment, though, I'm not banking on it....

A thought has just occurred to me (it doesn't happen often ) regarding the timing of an SG1 film. I'm not very knowledgeable about the chronology of another science fiction show that also produced a movie-the X-Files. At what stage in the series was the movie released? I'm just wondering, because I'm curious to know if it would be possible to produce an SG1 film before the series ends. This way, it may still be possible to get Richard Dean Anderson involved and as TPTB know he's (almost?) definitely not coming back into the series, it may be possible to resolve the ship.

I don't really think that this is at all practical-it's just an idea that popped into my fron...er, head. Apart from anything else there's the production of Stargate Atlantis to fit in to a tight schedule and limited resources.

Oh well, it was just a thought.
          The XF movie was released between the 5th and 6th seasons, and I believe, filmed between the 4th and 5th. However, even they said that trying to do a movie and the series at the same time was a BIG mistake and they'd never do it again. It was too much work, and they realized it tore the viewer out of the continuity (like there was any) of the series.

And don't forget, the XF movie was the biggest slap in the face to the shippers than anything previously, and even all of it added together. A near-kiss that was interrupted and never approached again. And CC, apparently SG PTB's roll model, who actually had the nerve to tell the shippers they should be excited, elated, happy, because the intent to kiss from the hallway scene + the mouth-to-mouth ruscitation aboard the alien ship = a real, honest-to-God kiss. Any person with ANY medical training would be insulted at the insinuation that there's anything sexual related to CPR.

No, I don't think SG PTB would ever consider doing a movie while the series was still going on, and maybe not even while *any* series is going on.

I'm *so* glad I'm not watching S9/S10 . . .
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Little sister any new stories coming down the road? We need some cheering up, real fast!
            sigpic

Comment

In a way I'm not surprised at Joe's rudeness. I've asked him a question(not about ship) and his "non answer" was IMO rude. Funny thing was I got a PM from someone who said before he replied that s(he) thought it was an interesting question and was looking forward to his reply. I haven't ventured to ask him anything else.

Comment

Hi All!

I haven't been around for a while (won't bore you ... baby critically ill couple of weeks ago, RL sucks etc.) but tonight I came to the thread and what do I find. That JM has been throwing cold water on us shippers.

So it made me run out and write a very short but shippy update to my little fic "Instant Message" for my lovely friends here who read it (you all know who you are!).

So for those of you up to date here is the link to the beginning of the fluff http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2537204/19/.

And if you've not seen this fic before here's the link to the beginning http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2537204/1/.

Keep the faith :-)

Lynn

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Well, Joe's answer makes me very sad ! If there's no sam/jack ship at all in season 9 and 10 I won't buy the DVDs
                    And as far as I am concerned, the end of SG1 is season 8 and Jack and Sam are TOGETHER !
                    -SAM: Thank you sir !
                    -JACK: For what ?
                    -SAM: For being here for me
                    -JACK: Always

Comment

Newbie here.

I follow Jack/Sam, but I haven't seen much past "Threads" (I think; the one before Moebius). I got a shippy vive from that, but what happened next. Have I missed anything good this season (I haven't got the time to read all the msgs.)

I'm getting a bad vibe from what I have read, but have there been crumbs mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                        Newbie here.

I follow Jack/Sam, but I haven't seen much past "Threads" (I think; the one before Moebius). I got a shippy vive from that, but what happened next. Have I missed anything good this season (I haven't got the time to read all the msgs.)

I'm getting a bad vibe from what I have read, but have there been crumbs mentioned?
                        Crumbs is too big of a word for what we got from TPTB about Jack and Sam!
                        Welcome to the Thread! We make our own special Sam and Jack world here! We don't need the Vancouver Brats!
                        sigpic

Comment

I am a watching Threads (60min, 100 times ), he and she together
                          definitly

New boyfriend for Sam is a little BAD idea, after 8 years of relationship with Jack, is a strange (or not?).
                          It not speeking about breakup relationship Sam a Pete. Sam love Jack and Jack love Sam, this is a evidently.
                          In my opinion, relationship Sam&Jack remain? not resolved for long time
                          Last edited by dexterav; 21 December 2005, 02:12 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                            Newbie here.

Welcome! I haven't actually seen season 9 yet, but from what I can tell, there may be a couple of tiny references that may infer something off screen and that is it. There have been many comments here about the lack of s/j ship references in season 9 and it doesn't seem that TPTB intend to address this.

Still, Trupi is right, we have created our own little world here. If you have time to go back just a few pages of posts-to last Sunday (18th - otherwise known as Shipmas)-you can see the sort of things that we get up to...
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              'Shippers - Making clutching at straws an artform'
                              lol, yep!
                              I do hope that Season 9 isn't void of ship all together, at this point i'd be glad just to see a phone convo like the one we had in Citizen Joe....with the absence of Jack I could live with that.

So come on PTB!!! Make your fans happy! Shippers do make up over half of the Stargate fan base i'd say...Could be wrong tho'

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                                lol, yep!
                                I do hope that Season 9 isn't void of ship all together, at this point i'd be glad just to see a phone convo like the one we had in Citizen Joe....with the absence of Jack I could live with that.

So come on PTB!!! Make your fans happy! Shippers do make up over half of the Stargate fan base i'd say...Could be wrong tho'
                                yes & indeed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X