This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Aww I love Urgo Yes, he would annoy you intently, but there's something incredibly endearing about him

One thing's just occurred to me, watching this. SG1 look even more uniform than normal, in terms of their uniform (if you'll pardon the pun ) - just look at them there in Urgo's lab all in black t-shirts and pants. Perhaps to make them look even more as one, as Urgo kind of links them all mentally too?
    I don't know why they never revisited that storyline....Togar/Urgo could've been a big help with later enemies with his technology....

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
      Who indeed

Urgo is a great ep there are soo many funny lines in it I wonder how many of them had to be multiple takes as they kept laughing, especially when someone who couldn't see Urgo started laughing... I feel sorry for TR and some of the SFs in some of those scenes

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Hear hear!

And the mirroring/hand grab... well indeed! Let's rectify that It seems quite plausible that there would be even more mirroring than normal here for the exact same reasons as the uniformity of appearance - Urgo is linking them all together and making them more aware of each other, just as we see with the way they all rush to the commissary to eat pie and start singing Row row row your boat. Likewise with the hand-grab, I guess the barriers are down and Urgo is influencing them to 'feel' more, so I guess like the eating it makes sense that there would be more touching. Just like in many a fanfic

That better?

Edit: sorry you missed it Pol! We were hoping that doing it on Saturday might make it easier for people in different timezones to make it
        Much better thanks. Very neatly observed too. I love the scene with the big beaches and little bikinis and the look Sam gives Jack and he's all "no I wasn't thinking that." I mean, why should it matter to him what she thinks he's thinking?

Ah I wish they'd done DVD commentaries on those earlier seasons. This one would have been a blast!

Pol, nope, I'll never get tired of staring at that scene. Of course moving versions of it are also welcome...

*shamelessly pimps for the Grace gif yet again*
        sigpic

Comment

*sneaks in*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          <lazy snip>

*shamelessly pimps for the Grace gif yet again*

*sneaks out*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
            I found this and thought it was funny
            "Snake head found in broccoli"
            http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090509...20090509160328
            Thanks for that.

AWwwwwwwwwww!!! I missed Urgo! I'm gonna watch it now, but wanted to tell you all how I love reading through comments after the viewing is done (as I rarely participate) cause I laugh so much and can totally picture the scenes when you all go: AND THERE'S JACK, and JACK LOOKS AT SAM... especially with a funny ep like this... Of course I like the discoveries that sometimes pop up during these viewings. So, what I wanted to say was that I enjoyed all of your comments, as always.

Do I hear a group of shipers say: BOOOOORINNNG!
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

As for the LC kiss that was edited out. Even though I would have loooooved to see it, given that the eight season was confirmed I don't think it would have been the greatest thing for the ship, imho.
              Firstly because they would still be in each others chain of command, and it would mean either they would have to hide from the PtB, or that they would have to pretend it didn't happen and either scenario isn't something I could live with. If they were to choose to hide it and to actually have a relationship I'm sure the Stargate would turned into one of those shows where the relationship takes primary roll (like how it's affecting the job, themselves etc.) which is how the most shows get ruined (for me).
              And secondly she was with Pete. Somehow I can't see Sam phyisically cheating, even if it was to be just a kiss (which for Sam and Jack isn't JUST a kiss... but more than anything they ever did - not counting hallucinations and other Au,at, loops...). That's just mho.
              i think, if they'd went ahead and had sam and jack kiss (if it had been, indeed, the end of the 'series'), i believe it would have come out that sam wasn't with pete anymore.

did we ever hear of him after 'chimera' in season 7? i think they kept some wiggle room to say sam had broken up with pete, IF that kiss had transpired.

but let's say that they'd kissed, but the series went on to a season 8. they could have had sam say, in the first ep of s8, that she had dropped pete. or, they could have had then kiss anyways, even knowing that sam was with another man. it would be messy, for sure, but, to me, very human. sam's extreme love for jack, in a situation of him slowing dying before her eyes... i could easily forgive any moments of weakness. for me, sam/jack is a LOVE story, much, much more profound that what sam had with pete.

i'm not suggesting cheating is alright, i just adore s/j and couldn't give a fig about pete or the s/p relationship.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Oooh no I don't think you're thoughts are so oddball or so far from my own really. The point of Pete being good for her emotional growth was that she needed to see that this (him) wasn't what she wanted and she needed to persue her heart so, yes, the true emotional growth and development did come when she got together with Jack (coz she is, y'know ) but Pete was kind of like the teenage romance/fumbling behind the bikeshed stage of her emotional development. It's a rite of passgae she, and all of us to a lesser or greater degree, have to go through to understand how and why The One for us is The One in the first place.

As for the gutter? Every time I see That Gif I slip just alittle bit futher into the mire.
                *giggle* I love the line right there!

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Hi all,

Just popping in to drop off a new Campfire. Enjoy.
                woohood!!!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i think, if they'd went ahead and had sam and jack kiss (if it had been, indeed, the end of the 'series'), i believe it would have come out that sam wasn't with pete anymore.

did we ever hear of him after 'chimera' in season 7? i think they kept some wiggle room to say sam had broken up with pete, IF that kiss had transpired.

but let's say that they'd kissed, but the series went on to a season 8. they could have had sam say, in the first ep of s8, that she had dropped pete. or, they could have had then kiss anyways, even knowing that sam was with another man. it would be messy, for sure, but, to me, very human. sam's extreme love for jack, in a situation of him slowing dying before her eyes... i could easily forgive any moments of weakness. for me, sam/jack is a LOVE story, much, much more profound that what sam had with pete.

i'm not suggesting cheating is alright, i just adore s/j and couldn't give a fig about pete or the s/p relationship.
                Great minds think alike Sally!

And darn it I missed the urgo viewing! I love the whole "It's either me or death...death or me...me or death" thing and the whole "and eat" by bit...and the S/J cosyness at the end

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Oh poo pants! I missed an Urgo viewing!!! you know, if Urgo was areal person, I think it could have been me! Endearing, cuddly, annoying... BOOOORING!

Random note (I havent exactly been keeping up with the convo, so someone might have already pointed it out) but does anyone else think it's kinda funny that when Urgo becomes PdL he says "How can you resist this?" It's like he knows that Sam is going to fall for a DeLuise later on! Urgo KNOWS!!!

I wanna experience life and I wanna eat pie!
                  sigpic

Comment

Much better thanks. Very neatly observed too. I love the scene with the big beaches and little bikinis and the look Sam gives Jack and he's all "no I wasn't thinking that." I mean, why should it matter to him what she thinks he's thinking?

Ah I wish they'd done DVD commentaries on those earlier seasons. This one would have been a blast!
                    I love that scene too. It would have been great if there had been commentaries, such a shame that there's not.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                      Oh poo pants! I missed an Urgo viewing!!! you know, if Urgo was areal person, I think it could have been me! Endearing, cuddly, annoying... BOOOORING!

Random note (I havent exactly been keeping up with the convo, so someone might have already pointed it out) but does anyone else think it's kinda funny that when Urgo becomes PdL he says "How can you resist this?" It's like he knows that Sam is going to fall for a DeLuise later on! Urgo KNOWS!!!

I wanna experience life and I wanna eat pie!
                      "Poo pants"

I also noticed in that scene how much shorter PdL was than Jack. I'm pretty sure they are both of similar height, so they made PdL look shorter to mimic Urgo's height. I just thought that was amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                        I love that scene too. It would have been great if there had been commentaries, such a shame that there's not.

I totally missed that Cags said that but now that I'm looking at the gif...ha! He so looked like he was thinking that Ahh the gutter!! You just have to love it!

Comment

Where did everyone go? *cries* I'm the only member that's showing up at the bottom...and there are 8 guests...come on people delurk! *starts to sing off key* I'm all alone and there's no one here beside meeeeeeeeee

Has the ship mojo left everyone? Say it ain't so!

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            Where did everyone go? *cries* I'm the only member that's showing up at the bottom...and there are 8 guests...come on people delurk! *starts to sing off key* I'm all alone and there's no one here beside meeeeeeeeee

Has the ship mojo left everyone? Say it ain't so!
                            I'm here .

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              I'm here .
                              Woohood!! Someone else is here!

Now where's everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                                Woohood!! Someone else is here!

Now where's everyone else?
                                i'm here too. i'm trying to occupy my time, waiting for news to see if amanda won a leo award.

i'm also fic reading. maybe i'll go read that fic where sam accidently killed pete, but i don't seem to be in the mood for it. hehe.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X