This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi View Post
    Instead of Daniel and Vala getting together, it could have been Sam and Jack. Then I would have liked the episode!
    gawd YES, even though it still would have been a horribly depressing ep.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Instead of Daniel and Vala getting together, it could have been Sam and Jack. Then I would have liked the episode!
      Actually I quite liked the Daniel and Vala get together in that episode and I'm not averse to the idea of them being a them as I know some are.
      I would have preferred Sam and Jack though. I thought we were teased a bit there with the "two fan favourites get together" thing. Than's what narks me more than anything.

Rearding missing hugs. I am going to say I think anything post D&C would have to be under the sort of extreme provocation we saw in Heroes. They were both very wary of that and, even in Heros and Death Knell, you could see the emotional struggle one or the other (or both) had in asking/giving/getting those hugs. I don't think even after Daniel died really. I mean Jack's reaction to Daniel's death was to get over it and move on (even though we kind of know he didn't). Sam did need and, practically begged for some compassion and I think she would have wanted to be hugged then but I just don't think Jack was putting out so Teal'c probably stood in there too.
      I think if they did hug at all later on it would have been after Paradise Lost and probably after Abyss and maybe an occasion after New Order and about a bazillion of them after Threads / Moebius. In fact.....hugging? Yeah, so *that's* what it's called these days.

Before D&C though? Oh yeah they hugged all the time: Definitely some time after In The Line Of Duty while Sam "healed". Probably when they got back after Solitudes, Probably after Netu, probably after Shades of Grey. Actually in those early seasons they were really quite easy going and flirty with each other and there was a lot more touchy feely going on in general so I doubt either of them would have been particularly wary of the deeper significance of a friendly hug and much more open to just do it without the pull back.

I think too much.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Actually I quite liked the Daniel and Vala get together in that episode and I'm not averse to the idea of them being a them as I know some are.
        I would have preferred Sam and Jack though. I thought we were teased a bit there with the "two fan favourites get together" thing. Than's what narks me more than anything.

Rearding missing hugs. I am going to say I think anything post D&C would have to be unde the sort of extreme provocation we saw in Heroes. They were both very wary of that and, even in Heros and Death Knell, you could see the emotional struggle one or the other (or both) had in asking/giving/getting those hugs. I don;t think even afetr Daniel died really. I mena Jack's reaction to Daniel's death was to get over it and move on (even though we kind of know he didn't). Sam did need and, practically beg for some compassion and I think she would have wanted to be hugged then but I just don't htink Jack was putting out.
        I think if thy did hug at all later on it would have been after Paradise Lost and probably after Abyss and maybe an occasion after New Order and about a bazillion of them after Threads / Moebius. In fact.....hugging? Yeah, so *that's* what it's called these days.

Before D&C though? Oh yeah they hugged all the time: Definitely some time after In The Line Of Duty while Sam "healed". Probably when they got back after Solitudes, Probably after Netu, proabbly after Shades of Grey. Actually in those early seasons they were really quite easy going and flirty with each other and there was a lot more touchy feely going on in general so I doubt either of them would have been particularly wary of the deeper significance of a friendly hug.

I think too much.
        I have no problem with Daniel and Vala getting together, But if the Asgard calls to gives us all their technology and say ggodbye, wouldn't Thor want O'Neill there. Then Sam and Jack and then Daniel and Vala could've all got together. One giant love in!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          oh yes. speaking as a full-on sam fan, it was atrocious that the 'tlc' was shifted to jack, when it was sam who went through heck and back. it should have been HER getting the attention and comfort and... (pulls self back in )

but you basically said everything i wanted to say. not that jack getting shot wasn't big, but as you said, sam went through a LOT more... story telling wise, the emphasis should have stayed with sam.

which brings me to season (?) of stargate, in the episode 'spirits'. jack was shot with the arrow because rda needed to be written out of most of the ep because his daughter was being born. so all of jack's stuff was given to sam, including leading the team. the native/indian made a relationship with *sam*, not jack... but when rda returned, they wrote jack back in, and the native/indian guy suddenly had a relationship with him, almost ignoring that sam was the one that lead the mission and made headway with him... (ah oh, i'm going ranty again )

hmm... why does this not surprise me?

okay, happy ship time! sam and jack LOVE each other and prove that to each other every day! (jack says to sam she's trying to kill him, but she replies 'are you really complaining? can you think of a better way to go? jack says )
          is ok. "Ranty" is good. We should all get to do that occasionally. Good for the soul and all that stuff. (**and I'm a "full on" Sam fan, too - she's actually the reason I kept watching SG1 after I discovered it in about season 5 or 6. I liked the whole cast, but had she not been in it, I'm not sure I would have kept watching.**)

Comment

uh...

i don't really want to see them break up , but a fight and then massive make up lurv making would be good.

(edit - aaahh, i don't like those numbers on my post count! let me add... hi, God, how's it going? there, i just ruined the devil's plans on taking over my soul and making me like rap music and mean ppl! )
            ROFL...oh my word...I'm sure he appreciated that Jeez Sam and Jack make up a lot..and make out

i know... you made me go look... does lovely things to my insides... the gutter is strong... the gutter pulls me in... resistance is futile... give in... aaaahhh...

regularamanda, should we share with everyone what we've come up with hot tubs and sam/jack?
            Yes we should!! Go ahead Sally!! Ya gotta love the gutter!!

Originally posted by ddc View Post
            My 2 cents on the "missing" hugs:

He probably hugged her after they get home in Last Stand - once they were away from Jackob of course

Should have but probably didn't after she kills Seth in Seth.

On a separate note, it amazes me the post counts so many have. This is my 200th post, finally; my 1st was nearly 3 years ago.
            Congrads on 200!! And we talk...a lot

I have no problem with Daniel and Vala getting together, But if the Asgard calls to gives us all their technology and say ggodbye, wouldn't Thor want O'Neill there. Then Sam and Jack and then Daniel and Vala could've all got together. One giant love in!
            And then Teal'c and Cam could have gotten together... Teal'cs a nice looking fella and Cam's not bad Yes I *am* crazy!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

actually, my only real probs with daniel/vala is related to ms's early attitude about s/j. i won't go into details (partly because i'm not supposed to 'here' ) but... if someone complains that a ship is a red herring and is taking away the true emphasis of the show, then why is another ship alright? because it features *your* character?...

i'l stop now.

(old wounds heal slowly)
              sally

sigpic

Comment

from Peter DeLuise's Q&A on Joe's blog
                Babancat writes: “You wrote and directed ‘Affinity’, an angsty episode in terms of the Sam/Jack ship. Whenever we discuss this episode the hot topic is, what did Jack mean by his answer ‘I wouldn’t be here’ when Sam shows him the ring and asks him ‘What about you?’. Shippers have come up with lots of thoughts but I’d like to know your thinking when you wrote and directed the episode. Thanks.”

PDL: This was the intention. We knew the audience would read what they wanted into this line, and that’s the way I like it.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

Quote:
                  Babancat writes: “You wrote and directed ‘Affinity’, an angsty episode in terms of the Sam/Jack ship. Whenever we discuss this episode the hot topic is, what did Jack mean by his answer ‘I wouldn’t be here’ when Sam shows him the ring and asks him ‘What about you?’. Shippers have come up with lots of thoughts but I’d like to know your thinking when you wrote and directed the episode. Thanks.”

PDL: This was the intention. We knew the audience would read what they wanted into this line, and that’s the way I like it.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/
                  thanks, jumper.

(i was afraid to read it, knowing that jumper would be giving us some shippy bit of news, but also knowing it was peter deluise doing the answering... i'm afraid to read the rest of his q/a... *hopes there's not s/p answers* )

i'm pathetic.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

thanks, jumper.

(i was afraid to read it, knowing that jumper would be giving us some shippy bit of news, but also knowing it was peter deluise doing the answering... i'm afraid to read the rest of his q/a... *hopes there's not s/p answers* )

i'm pathetic.
                    Sally, I just read through it, it's safe there isn't any S/ questions or anything like that

Comment

thanks, jumper.

i'm pathetic.
                      A lot of questions about Urgo and his dad
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        Sally, I just read through it, it's safe there isn't any S/ questions or anything like that
                        A lot of questions about Urgo and his dad
                        i'm reading it now and it seems safe.

(i feel guilty for being so s/p freaky, but that old wound thing is still scabby. )
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm reading it now and it seems safe.

(i feel guilty for being so s/p freaky, but that old wound thing is still scabby. )
                          You've been around for a while Sally, I'm pretty sure you deserve to be weary of that kind of thing

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            OT
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm sorry to bother you with this... but my dog has just passed away. You might remember - I've talked about him and his struggle with bone infection. His condition hadn't improved, it kept getting worse. There really wasn't an option what to do, it was best for him. No matter how hard for the rest of the family. The vet has just left and... well. It's done.

Tommy wasn't the brightest and used to pee a lot. But he was our family member. He was the one who made me take a break from sitting behind computer for too long by demanding a walk. Who's gonna do it now?

I'll always miss our joyful walks together... and cherish the year and 3 month he was with us.

Goodbye.
                            I'm so very, very sorry, hon. I know how much you loved him...

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              Side note. I can always tell when a Campfire doesn't measure up by the amount of (or lack thereof) of reviews. I struggled with the last one and it's apparent. ::sigh:: note to self. Do not force the story, let it flow. Lesson learned.
                              I don't think it's that, hon. I think it's just that people read, go on and don't always know what to say, or don't have time.

I never realized until recently how much the input from readers meant to the writer...probably because most of my stories have been one-shots. But when you're writing multiple chapters, it does make a difference. Besides, you sometime get some great ideas from reviews that you can incorporate into the story!!! Since I realized that, I've made an effort to leave a review on everything I read.

As for your Campfire stories, Pol, I've been waiting until I have time to do a mass download, so I can begin to enjoy them as a group in a nice long sequential read.

Same with Rachel's Aftershocks. I gotta get around to those downloads, because I know I'll enjoy all of the stories!!!

BTW...(shameless self-promotion)...did I mention that I uploaded Chapter 4 of Old Friends & Enemies this week? http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4969977/...ds_and_Enemies

It says I updated it last on 4/15...but it was actually 4/20. ff.net had a burp while I was uploading, but the chapter is there.

Hmmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                                I don't think it's that, hon. I think it's just that people read, go on and don't always know what to say, or don't have time.

I never realized until recently how much the input from readers meant to the writer...probably because most of my stories have been one-shots. But when you're writing multiple chapters, it does make a difference. Besides, you sometime get some great ideas from reviews that you can incorporate into the story!!! Since I realized that, I've made an effort to leave a review on everything I read.

As for your Campfire stories, Pol, I've been waiting until I have time to do a mass download, so I can begin to enjoy them as a group in a nice long sequential read.

Same with Rachel's Aftershocks. I gotta get around to those downloads, because I know I'll enjoy all of the stories!!!

BTW...(shameless self-promotion)...did I mention that I uploaded Chapter 4 of Old Friends & Enemies this week? http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4969977/...ds_and_Enemies

It says I updated it last on 4/15...but it was actually 4/20. ff.net had a burp while I was uploading, but the chapter is there.

Hmmmmm....
                                See, Iwasn't aware you had a new chapter! I don't always get the notice I put in for! *grumbles at FF* *Runs out to FF to catch up on stories*
                                sigpic
                                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X