This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
    I'm going to disagree a bit here, suekay.
    Spoiler:
    McKay's "equal" in this instance is Sam. They're both accomplished scientists and would know how to be able to think in this way to attempt to get out of the puddle jumper. Teyla and Weir would not be able to tap into Rodney's mind to get him to think in a way that would allow him to free himself. I don't think that Rodney knows Teyla or Weir any better than he would know Sam. Sam and he have worked on issued regarding the gate and all things related. The other two women wouldn't know what to do. Rodney conjured Sam becuase in his mind she would be the only person that he would count on to help him in this situation.

Plus
    Spoiler:
    Atlantis has been ripping off old 'Gate storylines since year one. There's not too much new content in the episode anyway. IMO, it's just "let's see how we can take a 'Gate episode and tweak it to fit Atlantis."

JMHO.
    and aside from which
    Spoiler:
    it wouldn't have been as much fun with zelenka or cavanaugh trying to seduce mckay-of course-there was that one scene with beckett...
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Yeah Chevron Seven, but recently it a case of 'either your for us or against us' and a few people I've spoken to aren't happy with that. I feel sometimes that I get attacked for having a personal view different to those of others. It's a case of ' I got more replies therefore I'm right and you're wrong'

Sorry...bad day...stress...missed coursework deadline...yadda yadda

I'll shut up and come back in a few days...
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Nooooo.... Sue Don't Go!!!!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Just a quick reminder: We had an agreement to try and make the occasional positive comment at the end of a post. So, I'd like to remind everyone that it's Shipmas in 2 days! Whoot!

Squeeees all round!

Comment

2 suekay

This is a simple, more people afraid from 9. & future 10. Season.
            In this season a very, very little ship between S&J (only 9.06 (this is a hard thinking , but timing is perfectly, Sam going to Landry office), & 9.07 Not, exactly), i know this is a little hope, but hope
            This people is a very sensitive (negative) for relationship between Sam & Others (like a me)

p.s this is my longest post
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
              2 suekay

In this season a very, very little ship between S&J (only 9.06 (this is a hard thinking , but timing is perfectly, Sam going to Landry office), & 9.07 Not, exactly), i know this is a little hope, but hope
              This people is a very sensitive (negative) for relationship between Sam & Others (like a me)

About that, my sister didn't understand why I found that the part at the landry's office is a shippy part
              I mean why would O'Neill be furious otherwise?
              He wants to spend time with Sam of course.

The 'Not exactly', from what I've read, is so not what I would've expected... I mean it could means " I'm not sure what kind of relationship I have with O'Neill since we never talk about it. " It could mean ANYTHING. Just hope the producers are keeping the best for last.
              Mod Note: Sig oversized.Click to view.

Comment

TPTB are just going to skirt the issue for as long as possible. If they resolve the issue either way, they're going to enrage either shippers or anti shippers.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  Uber - I have to dissagree with you...for one simple reason...

Spoiler:
                  they STILL *chose* AT to do those scenes...having Weir or Teyla would have been *much* better...he knows them better and it would have worked! It the moment, most of the guys and most of the exclusive Atlantis viewers are going 'ooh...AT took her top off' rather than anything about the content of the episode
                  But
                  Spoiler:
                  he doesn't trust either of them really...especially to help him out here. He made that quite clear. His deep subconscious mind did and she tried to tell him they were doing everything they could to find him...but his conscious mind rejected that possibility.

And think back...when did she appear? When McKay needed help figuring out something scientific. As his deep subconscious mind, he trusted Sam and ONLY Sam regarding science. He may think she's only as smart as him on her best day...they're a tie...he trusted her wisdom and scientific instinct.

Sorry. I have to disagree here...if it were just about wisdom,
                  Spoiler:
                  then either Weir or Teyla would have been nice. However, he made it perfectly clear he doesn't consciously trust anyone on Atlantis to help him in a jam. Further, most of the scenes had his manifestation helping him figure out jams that both Teyla and Weir would have scratched their heads with. As a last ditch effort to keep McKay from executing his plan, Delusion!Sam came on fiercely to him...and it's way established that he carries a torch for her which is why she as a manifestation of his subconscious mind specifically used this method to keep him from finishing because it was THE ONE AND ONLY THING that would stop him. And of all people to know what would keep him from making a terrible mistake and how to prevent it, it was himself...but it didn't work because SHE HAD ESTABLISHED she wasn't interested in that with him because he knew the REAL Sam wouldn't be into that with him.
                  Last edited by Uber; 16 December 2005, 09:21 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                    2 suekay

Well I would feel better about S/J if
                    1) They had given us a kiss at the end of Moebius
                    2) If they had began the season with Sam in DC with Jack

But they didn't do either and since then all we have gotten is a
                    Spoiler:
                    "not exactly".

It seem that TPTB go out of there way not to mention Sam and Jack are together.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by teknobug5
                      About that, my sister didn't understand why I found that the part at the landry's office is a shippy part
                      I mean why would O'Neill be furious otherwise?
                      He wants to spend time with Sam of course.

The 'Not exactly', from what I've read, is so not what I would've expected... I mean it could means " I'm not sure what kind of relationship I have with O'Neill since we never talk about it. " It could mean ANYTHING. Just hope the producers are keeping the best for last.

i meaning a very nice timiming, Landry calling with Jack ,a in this time Sam going to Landry office and a ?smileing? very strange (simper? ).

"I mean why would O'Neill be furious otherwise?" this a good point, you a like a shiper

not, exactly is a very shipy, but i know ,for all (S&J, S& others, i know)

p.s. and again
                      a hope, you are understanding my ENG
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Spoiler:
                        subconscious specifically used this method to keep him from finishing because it was THE ONE AND ONLY THING that would stop him.
                        Spoiler:
                        I still don't understand why an alternative form of physical restraint wouldn't have worked equally well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

Spoiler:
                          "not exactly".

1. yes
                          2. yes
                          but this is a only dream

not exactly, is big shipy (S&J , S&Others )
                          scene in 9. season (for the present)
                          , but i meaning for the present no other relationship like S&J (love?) in 9. season, and a hope nor even in 10. season
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                            Spoiler:
                            I still don't understand why an alternative form of physical restraint wouldn't have worked equally well.

good point
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

Spoiler:
                              "not exactly".

I'm with you 100%.

Of course, it would be claimed that we got our kiss in Moebius, which is rubbish. We got a warped, twisted, AU kiss thing...grrrr. Better than nothing at all, but still....

Comment

I apologize for not using spoilers earlier. I’ve gone back and fixed all of my posts. Tame, thanks for fixing my other one.

I keep telling myself to stay away and leave you all be, but I keep coming back because I care too much about Sam and Jack to watch it flushed down the toilet. Why in the hell I am obsessing over some stupid television is beyond me. Maybe because it was so good and for one measly hour every week I could escape from my hectic reality and dream about other places and a nice little romance to boot.

Can anyone say what purpose “Grace Under Pressure” served other than
                                Spoiler:
                                to be a stepping-stone for Carter/McKay ship? Okay, maybe it helps Zelenka overcome his fear of Puddle Jumpers too. But really, anything else?

What I see this episode being is something to help relax the tension between McKay and Carter. When Sam shows up at Atlantis in season 10, McKay will remember this experience, albeit only a hallucination, and his attitude will most definitely be changed. He will be kinder and more receptive to Sam. Maybe he even will resist grabbing her ass! She won’t get it at first but Sam being Sam, she’ll start to soften around him as well. Then it will all lead into yet another SG-1 story stealing incident: “100 Days Under Pressure,” only this time Sam gets stuck on the remote planet as well. She and Rodney all alone.

I’ll bet all of my shipper cookies that the PTB have discussed this and are feeling it out right now. Hence, my depression and dragging you all through the muck of it here on this thread because I was told the PTB monitor things here. So if we pretend all is well and pretty in S/J shipland then they’ll just keep on sticking us figuring we’re too lost in our dreams to realize what they are doing.

Pleasant thought: Have a Happy Shipmas!

Comment

Working...
                                X