• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      sorry, tame.

is that why you edited one of my posts? did i forget spoilers?

sally
      No actually I was editing the post you quoted...since I had added some spoiler tags to the original I was trying to make sure I added them to the quotes as well. I know you don't like the tags and try hard to put in the Spoiler Space
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        No actually I was editing the post you quoted...since I had added some spoiler tags to the original I was trying to make sure I added them to the quotes as well. I know you don't like the tags and try hard to put in the Spoiler Space
        it's not that i don't like using tags... it's that i'm so darn lazy.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          atlantis' 'grace under pressure' spoilers and sg1 seasons 7/8

<snippety doo da>

i'm not saying that the ptb can't do the scenes they'd like to tell their stories, but when they know there's a group of fans that are DYING for sam/jack scenes or mentions or hints, and they give sam/other stuff... what can be made of that?

so, uber, i take this for what it was. they found a way of showing sam/other ship.

sorry.

sally
          That's cool...I know you're scared about ship and I am too regarding how much more we'll see in the future...so I recognize you're sensitive to having Amanda playing against any male other than RDA. Notice I didn't say Sam playing off of Jack...
          Spoiler:
          because the woman she played WAS NOT SAMANTHA CARTER.

But see, we know we aren't going to get any more Jack this year *whimper* and we know that they are focusing on Sam's professional side this year.

Whereas you perceive a threat to ship,
          Spoiler:
          I saw McKay's deep subconscious mind in the form of one person in the universe he honestly trusted doing the one and ONLY thing that would keep him from doing something dumb.
          McKay and Sam canonly have an antagonistic relationship that I don't think will change too much. I mean McKay might soften a bit from some of his experiences so next they meet they won't necessarily kill each other (but hopefully the snarking will recommence as I thoroughly enjoyed it).

Truth be told, had they not spent and inordinant amount of time on Sam/Jack, I'd fear they'd do something to push them together. But since they spent so much time on her and Jack, I seriously doubt they'd ever ship her with anyone else. Ever.

And that includes McKay, regardless of what he thinks is the barrier between him and Sam. He may just think it's his pettiness, arrogance and tendancy to be bad with people...and sure, that's way a part of it...but something he isn't aware of is the fact that her heart belongs to someone else.

And honestly if they did really and truly try to ship Sam with someone other than Jack, it would be beyond irredeemably stupid. It would be show killing. Frankly at this point, I think Sam is the safest bet regarding who will never be shipped with anyone else since so much story went into her and Jack.

Nope. Jack and Sam are canon. Sam and McKay having great chemistry that I enjoy watching, but it's antagonistic/competitive chemistry rather than romantic (go suck a lemon ).

Please shippers. I beg of you to remember 4 things...

Spoiler:
          1. You say "they give us Sam/other character ship" but see this is where I must caution you because you have made a serious misconception. Very important here...the woman Amanda Tapping played in Grace Under Pressure WAS NOT Samantha Carter. She played quite literally McKay's deeply submerged and rarely accessed wisdom...his deep subconscious mind. His mind picked the form of Samantha Carter because she is the only person he trusts and believe me...his lack of trust issue really is brought to light in this episode. Now if SAM were delusional and dreaming about McKay, that's one thing and that would bode badly for ship. But it's not...it's McKay and McKay alone. Sam has ZERO to do with this except she was the person his mind chose to manifest.

2. Whatever his deep subconscious said or did in this episode has absolutely ZERO to do with either Samantha Carter or with ship. Nada. Zilch. Zip. Squat.

3. The real Samantha Carter canonly has feelings for Jack and is at the very least exploring a relationship with him. Further, the real Samantha Carter respects McKay's intellect but canonly finds him to be petty, arrogant and bad with people (that part of his deep subconscious mind (i.e., Delusion!Sam) had it right). What Delusion!Sam didn't have right was the fact that his character flaws weren't the only things that kept him and the real Samantha Carter from having a relationship.

4. The personal life of Samantha Carter as a character has been explored. In great depth. We saw her consider that her feelings for Jack weren't real. We saw her try to find happiness with another man. We saw her realize that she was wrong and that her feelings for Jack were genuine. We saw Jack get dumped because of his feelings for Sam. My point? They've beaten down the Samantha Carter emotional path and they aren't about to go down that road again.

5. Because it bears repeating...Amanda did not play Samantha Carter in Grace Under Pressure. She played his DEEP SUBCONSCIOUS MIND...quite literally a figment of his delusions. Not real Sam at all on any level.

So please feel free to enjoy this episode, especially if you're like me and enjoyed watching McKay and Sam spar with each other. I don't ship for them obviously but I still enjoy it as David and Amanda are fabulous together onscreen...and I LOVED this episode because it was fun seeing Amanda play something that was close to Carter in some respects but so NOT in others. Now had that really been Sam it would have been a different story and I'd be whining and howling like a banshee.

But truly I think of all the characters on the show, Sam is the LEAST likely to ever experience any kind of onscreen ship ever again...except with Jack O'Neill.

Last edited by Uber; 16 December 2005, 12:24 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Uber - I have to dissagree with you...for one simple reason...

Spoiler:
            they STILL *chose* AT to do those scenes...having Weir or Teyla would have been *much* better...he knows them better and it would have worked! It the moment, most of the guys and most of the exclusive Atlantis viewers are going 'ooh...AT took her top off' rather than anything about the content of the episode
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Checking signature again and moving the thread up the page!
              sigpic

Comment

Hi dears, i am back

Grace under presure is nothing for S&J ship,
                Spoiler:
                becouse SAM is halucination of McKay,
                thats all (like as Grace, but Jack is halucination of Sam )
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 16 December 2005, 06:19 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                  Hi dears, i am back

Grace under presure is nothing for S&J ship,
                  Spoiler:
                  becouse SAM is halucination of McKay,
                  thats all (like as Grace, but Jack is halucination of Sam )
                  Welcome back! Your English is getting better with each post! What man wouldn't dream to get Sam nake !
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 16 December 2005, 06:19 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    Welcome back! Your English is getting better with each post! What man wouldn't dream to get Sam nake !
                    thnx

yes Sam (AT) is nicest women in the space
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Uber - I have to dissagree with you...for one simple reason...

Spoiler:
                      they STILL *chose* AT to do those scenes...having Weir or Teyla would have been *much* better...he knows them better and it would have worked! It the moment, most of the guys and most of the exclusive Atlantis viewers are going 'ooh...AT took her top off' rather than anything about the content of the episode
                      I'm going to disagree a bit here, suekay.
                      Spoiler:
                      McKay's "equal" in this instance is Sam. They're both accomplished scientists and would know how to be able to think in this way to attempt to get out of the puddle jumper. Teyla and Weir would not be able to tap into Rodney's mind to get him to think in a way that would allow him to free himself. I don't think that Rodney knows Teyla or Weir any better than he would know Sam. Sam and he have worked on issued regarding the gate and all things related. The other two women wouldn't know what to do. Rodney conjured Sam becuase in his mind she would be the only person that he would count on to help him in this situation.

Plus
                      Spoiler:
                      Atlantis has been ripping off old 'Gate storylines since year one. There's not too much new content in the episode anyway. IMO, it's just "let's see how we can take a 'Gate episode and tweak it to fit Atlantis."

JMHO.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        That's cool...I know you're scared about ship and I am too regarding how much more we'll see in the future...so I recognize you're sensitive to having Amanda playing against any male other than RDA. Notice I didn't say Sam playing off of Jack...
                        Spoiler:

But see, we know we aren't going to get any more Jack this year *whimper* and we know that they are focusing on Sam's professional side this year.

Spoiler:
                        I saw McKay's deep subconscious mind in the form of one person in the universe he honestly trusted doing the one and ONLY thing that would keep him from doing something dumb.
                        McKay and Sam canonly have an antagonistic relationship that I don't think will change too much. I mean McKay might soften a bit from some of his experiences so next they meet they won't necessarily kill each other (but hopefully the snarking will recommence as I thoroughly enjoyed it).

Truth be told, had they not spent and inordinant amount of time on Sam/Jack, I'd fear they'd do something to push them together. But since they spent so much time on her and Jack, I seriously doubt they'd ever ship her with anyone else. Ever.

And that includes McKay, regardless of what he thinks is the barrier between him and Sam. He may just think it's his pettiness, arrogance and tendancy to be bad with people...and sure, that's way a part of it...but something he isn't aware of is the fact that her heart belongs to someone else.

And honestly if they did really and truly try to ship Sam with someone other than Jack, it would be beyond irredeemably stupid. It would be show killing. Frankly at this point, I think Sam is the safest bet regarding who will never be shipped with anyone else since so much story went into her and Jack.

Nope. Jack and Sam are canon. Sam and McKay having great chemistry that I enjoy watching, but it's antagonistic/competitive chemistry rather than romantic (go suck a lemon ).

Spoiler:
                        1. You say "they give us Sam/other character ship" but see this is where I must caution you because you have made a serious misconception. Very important here...the woman Amanda Tapping played in Grace Under Pressure WAS NOT Samantha Carter. She played quite literally McKay's deeply submerged and rarely accessed wisdom...his deep subconscious mind. His mind picked the form of Samantha Carter because she is the only person he trusts and believe me...his lack of trust issue really is brought to light in this episode. Now if SAM were delusional and dreaming about McKay, that's one thing and that would bode badly for ship. But it's not...it's McKay and McKay alone. Sam has ZERO to do with this except she was the person his mind chose to manifest.

2. Whatever his deep subconscious said or did in this episode has absolutely ZERO to do with either Samantha Carter or with ship. Nada. Zilch. Zip. Squat.

3. The real Samantha Carter canonly has feelings for Jack and is at the very least exploring a relationship with him. Further, the real Samantha Carter respects McKay's intellect but canonly finds him to be petty, arrogant and bad with people (that part of his deep subconscious mind (i.e., Delusion!Sam) had it right). What Delusion!Sam didn't have right was the fact that his character flaws weren't the only things that kept him and the real Samantha Carter from having a relationship.

4. The personal life of Samantha Carter as a character has been explored. In great depth. We saw her consider that her feelings for Jack weren't real. We saw her try to find happiness with another man. We saw her realize that she was wrong and that her feelings for Jack were genuine. We saw Jack get dumped because of his feelings for Sam. My point? They've beaten down the Samantha Carter emotional path and they aren't about to go down that road again.

5. Because it bears repeating...Amanda did not play Samantha Carter in Grace Under Pressure. She played his DEEP SUBCONSCIOUS MIND...quite literally a figment of his delusions. Not real Sam at all on any level.

So please feel free to enjoy this episode, especially if you're like me and enjoyed watching McKay and Sam spar with each other. I don't ship for them obviously but I still enjoy it as David and Amanda are fabulous together onscreen...and I LOVED this episode because it was fun seeing Amanda play something that was close to Carter in some respects but so NOT in others. Now had that really been Sam it would have been a different story and I'd be whining and howling like a banshee.

But truly I think of all the characters on the show, Sam is the LEAST likely to ever experience any kind of onscreen ship ever again...except with Jack O'Neill.

Über,
                        I agree with you 100%!!! Especially, and I quote,

"But truly I think of all the characters on the show, Sam is the LEAST likely to ever experience any kind of onscreen ship ever again...except with Jack O'Neill."

And may I add, that if MY LAST STRAW comes (Sam in a romantic relationship with another man), I will be whining and howling like a banshee right along with you!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

nice post

this is a safe way for ship Sam/Other (new fans) withou dangerous for a ship between S&J (very more fans, and a long nicest, romantic relationship)
                          Last edited by dexterav; 16 December 2005, 06:20 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry Chevron Seven...have to disagree again.

Is it okay to dissagree or will I go elsewhere?

Sorry...but I can think of several reasons *why*
                            Spoiler:
                            one of the Atlantis lot could have been used...for one...if McKay wanted to see things from another perspective in order toget him to consider alternatives, he wouldn't have brought up his SG1 intellectual counterpart...he would have brought up someone entirely different.

The use of Sam was just a cheap trick on the part of TPTB to get some of the anti-Atlantis, pro-SG1 viewers to watch it. And it's that that's pissing me off.

And if it's not okay to voice another opinion...I may not be around for a few days.
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Spoiler:
                              one of the Atlantis lot could have been used...for one...if McKay wanted to see things from another perspective in order toget him to consider alternatives, he wouldn't have brought up his SG1 intellectual counterpart...he would have brought up someone entirely different.

The use of Sam was just a cheap trick on the part of TPTB to get some of the anti-Atlantis, pro-SG1 viewers to watch it. And it's that that's pissing me off.

And if it's not okay to voice another opinion...I may not be around for a few days.
                              yes, this is a trick, and functional perfect
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

It's perfectly fine to voice another opinion or to disagree. We just have different views on the subject.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X