X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*helps nell hold the threads*

PHEW! This thing's mighty heavy
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      *helps nell hold the threads*

PHEW! This thing's mighty heavy
      I'm outa here Good Night to those who are actually experiencing it and Later! to those who are not

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        I think people are just a bit worried since it seems more likely that AT will [spoil] crossover to Atlantis [spoil] than any other character, and that she'll
        Spoiler:
        have more interraction with McKay as a result. Personally, I'd like them to develop a true friendship, and that'd be much more preferrable to either barbed comments of stuff like McKay's fantasies
        Exactly.

They have canonly shown that Sam is interested in exploring a relationship with Jack. They have canonly shown that McKay is an arrogant buffoon with a Carter fixation.

Best case scenario for Carter and McKay? She doesn't kill him when they work together next season.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Waves...... Shippers...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
            But...But... You have to remember..This is ALL
            Spoiler:
            ORIGINATING FROM MCKAY'S HALLUCINATION!
            IT WAS MCKAY'S WAY OF SEEING SAM. Yes, I did the caps on purpose and need I remind anyone, I am and have always been a huge shipper. This was so obvious that I can't understand any backlash about why and how Sam was dressed, what she did or how she did it because...IT WAS MCKAY'S ...oops already did that..

I can't speak for everyone, yet I will say that I think most of us
            Spoiler:
            realize it is McKay's fantasy. We know it's not a real Sam or a real kiss or even a real bikini.
            We--know--that. And we're still pissed, no matter how funny the episode is. Because, for one thing, we're not getting what we want in S9 SG-1 and probably not in S10. And we don't like what they're doing with Sam in S9. And more. Yes, I will watch GUP and most likely laugh. But I will still be pissed even though I know it is a
            Spoiler:
            fantasy of McKay's.

P.S. happy thought. My kids will be home for Christmas. Oh, yes, speaking of kids, going to parody a kids' song:
            TPTB are singing:
            Chorus: "Oh, we're gettin' nuttin' for Shipmas,
            All of the Shippers are mad.
            We're gettin' nuttin' for Shipmas
            ' Cause we ain't been nuttin' but bad.

We had no kiss in all of Threads,
            Shippers are miffed at us,
            Any mention of Jack has fled
            Shippers are miffed at us.

We took command away from Sam
            Gave it to inexperienced Cam
            Just because he is a man
            Her fans are miffed at us.

repeat chorus.

Last edited by TameFarrar; 15 December 2005, 07:40 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/december15.jpg
              ROFL! I love this one, Lys!! Literally made me laugh out loud.

I would have repped you, but you know how GW can be . . .
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

atlantis' 'grace under pressure' spoilers and sg1 seasons 7/8

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Major Grace Under Pressure Spoilers...

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode because I saw it for what it was...a cool way for Amanda and David to be on screen together logically since their characters are separated by millions of light years. I also kept in mind that she wasn't Sam at all. She's not an AU, she's not a potential version of Sam...she is only a part of McKay's mind played by the same actress who incidentally plays Samantha Carter. Period.
                you're prob going to hate me, uber, for ruining your kind essay (to help calm the shippers), but... i watched 'grace under pressure' last night. seeing it all together made the sam/mckay scenes less jarring.

but you said about seeing it for what it was... and this ep was just an excuse to have a way of showing sam/mckay ship.

can't have sam/jack, but sure as heck can get that sam/other stuff in there.

even with mckay choosing sam as his 'helper', did this ep *have* to have s/m ship scenes in it? no. the writers *chose* to use this as an opportunity to have sam/mckay (or sam/other) ship scenes.

yes, i feel like we were yanked around. again.

just like sam having a boyfriend didn't mean they *had* to show them having sex. just like sam having a boyfriend didn't mean they *had* to have them get engaged.

i'm not saying that the ptb can't do the scenes they'd like to tell their stories, but when they know there's a group of fans that are DYING for sam/jack scenes or mentions or hints, and they give sam/other stuff... what can be made of that?

so, uber, i take this for what it was. they found a way of showing sam/other ship.

sorry.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                  *eyes moddishly* Please keep it so private it's not on PM or anything either - downloading of episodes cannot be discussed at ALL on the forum or in it's private messenging system. Simply for the reason that we don't want anyone shutting down Gateworld The horror! What would we DO with our time?!? *contemplates* hmmm, there's a few shippy eps I haven't seen in a while!
                  downloading eps? no, torrents is a new band that i wanted other shippers opinions on. i don't know nuthin about downloading of eps and such.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                    Yeah that really got to me too. I think it would have been so much better if our heroes had
                    Spoiler:
                    been the ones to effect the uprising and defeat of Ra and returned to real time in the PJ timemachine. Giving of course Sam and Jack enough time to get together, preferably bring her back knocked up (crude term - pardon me).
                    write this story! i haven't read fanfic in quite a while, but i'd sure as heck read that one.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh, a public "thank you" to Lys for my new Christmas signature. I hope you all like it as much as I do. <g>

Merry Christmas to all!
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir

What upsets me most is the PTB put Sam on SGA
                        Spoiler:
                        (hallucinations aside, visibly she is there) and have her seducing and kissing the most detestable person she knows, while back on SG-1 they go on claiming that the relationship of Sam and Jack is resolved,
                        if it even ever existed.

YEP!!

positive remark time?

kitties are cute and furry.

sally
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 15 December 2005, 07:52 PM.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for current seasons atlantis' 'grace under pressure' and sg1's 'ex deus machina'

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                          But...But... You have to remember..This is ALL
                          Spoiler:
                          ORIGINATING FROM MCKAY'S HALLUCINATION!
                          IT WAS MCKAY'S WAY OF SEEING SAM. Yes, I did the caps on purpose and need I remind anyone, I am and have always been a huge shipper. This was so obvious that I can't understand any backlash about why and how Sam was dressed, what she did or how she did it because...IT WAS MCKAY'S ...oops already did that..
                          okay, how about this?

sam was the one concussed and almost drowning. she conjures up jack, and jack seduces sam and kisses her. would we, as s/j shippers, be saying this wasn't sam/jack ship? wouldn't we be squeeing out of our sockets for the seduction scene and kisseS?

yes, this *was* only a one-sided delutional account from mckay's mind, but it still was mckay/sam ship. just like we saw the 'grace' kiss as sam/jack ship, even though it was all in sam's mind.

the end result's that same. more sam/other ship. again. in a season that won't have sam/jack after 'not exactly'. *there shouldn't have been 'not exactly'; there should have been 'i'm seeing someone. who? jack o'neill.' then NO sam/other ship from there on. period. sam's in love with jack. period. jack's in love with sam. period. no OTHERS. per.i.od.*

(christmas stockings are pretty!)

sally

ps - i didn't buy for a minute that it was *real* mckay/sam ship. i don't think sam *really* has the hots for mckay. now next season, when sam's on atlantis...
                          Last edited by majorsal; 15 December 2005, 08:06 PM.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi Shipper Family ....Mod Hat on here Since none of the episodes have yet to air here in the USA AND we do have spoiler guidelines can I ask that everyone please....please use Spolier Tags or Spoiler Space to allow those that do NOT want to be spoiled the joy of joining the Family and yet not have their enjoyment of the shows tainted

Thanks

ETA: I have added spoiler tags to the last page but if you know you have written spoilers without tags or space would please edit your post accordingly Thanks again
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Hi Shipper Family ....Mod Hat on here Since none of the episodes have yet to air here in the USA AND we do have spoiler guidelines can I ask that everyone please....please use Spolier Tags or Spoiler Space to allow those that do NOT want to be spoiled the joy of joining the Family and yet not have their enjoyment of the shows tainted

Thanks

ETA: I have added spoiler tags to the last page but if you know you have written spoilers without tags or space would please edit your post accordingly Thanks again
                              sorry, tame.

is that why you edited one of my posts? did i forget spoilers?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Good point Sal, but I think we saw Grace as Sam & Jack ship because we *knew* there was something between them that was mutually shared.

I saw Grace Under Pressure and thought it was hilarious. As a Sam & Jack shipper I didn't have a problem with it because it was
                                Spoiler:
                                McKay's hallucination
                                and there's no prior indication of romantic tension between the two characters. There's a bunch of snarky banter, but that's it. Frankly if it were really Sam in that position I'm pretty confident I would see that decking of McKay that I really wanna see. I *know* that there's no way Sam Carter
                                Spoiler:
                                (the non-hallucination variety)
                                would do that. Couldn't say the same for Grace and therein lies the intricate difference.

So whilst
                                Originally posted by majorsal
                                spoilers for current seasons atlantis' 'grace under pressure' and sg1's 'ex deus machina'

okay, how about this?

sam was the one concussed and almost drowning. she conjures up jack, and jack seduces sam and kisses her. would we, as s/j shippers, be saying this wasn't sam/jack ship? wouldn't we be squeeing out of our sockets for the seduction scene and kisseS?

yes, this *was* only a one-sided delutional account from mckay's mind, but it still was mckay/sam ship. just like we saw the 'grace' kiss as sam/jack ship, even though it was all in sam's mind.

the end result's that same. more sam/other ship. again. in a season that won't have sam/jack after 'not exactly'. *there shouldn't have been 'not exactly'; there should have been 'i'm seeing someone. who? jack o'neill.' then NO sam/other ship from there on. period. sam's in love with jack. period. jack's in love with sam. period. no OTHERS. per.i.od.*

(christmas stockings are pretty!)

sally

ps - i didn't buy for a minute that it was *real* mckay/sam ship. i don't think sam *really* has the hots for mckay. now next season, when sam's on atlantis...
                                Last edited by TameFarrar; 15 December 2005, 10:15 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X