This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UhSir
    I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to pick a fight. I'm not. I just refuse to pretend that all is well with the way the PTB are treating us. If we are only allowed to make positive comments about what they are doing then is it any wonder why they continue? They get the impression we are happy with it. They think we'll gladly sit back and wait until doomsday for a resolution.

I can accept the PTB no longer want to write ship, especially because Jack is no longer on the show. I will not sit back and be quiet when they abuse us. The fiasco episode on SGA is exactly that. They can't have Sam and Jack together because of (insert every excuse known to mankind here) yet they can have her sexing it up on SGA because... why? I don't need to hear an answer because there is no justifiable reason for it. It is a direct and intentional insult to us and to Amanda Tapping.
    I agree with you, too! If things stink, I guess we should be able to say so.

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
      I agree that it was an interesting concept (I must read up on the Moebius Strip) and you have to admire them for taking it on. There were more than enough ideas to fill a 2 hour plus feature film.

I've probably given you all the idea that I didn't like the episode-I actually did like it. It just seemed a strange-but adventurous-way-to possible end the series.

Was it just me, or did the ship feel a bit...I don't know...odd in these episodes. Not just because it was an AU/alternate timeline thingy. It just felt diifferent. I suppose that's because it was more overt than usual.
      Perhaps that was something to do with S/J getting together at the end of threads, it changed the atmosphere for the last episode.

Somehow I felt threads was the best place to end. The last few episodes seemed like tag ons to me.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Perhaps that was something to do with S/J getting together at the end of threads, it changed the atmosphere for the last episode.

Somehow I felt threads was the best place to end. The last few episodes seemed like tag ons to me.
        If I may intrude a little as a non shipper and in another way than the calendar , I don't think Threads was the best episode to end the serie. Why ? Because it didn't have all the things that made Stargate this wonderful show. It was a great episode for characters and one I know you, shippers, enjoyed, but it wasn't about THE Stargate.
        In Moebius you found team interaction, travel through the gate, ship (Sam/Jack), ship (puddle jumper), Goa'ulds, Jaffas, alternate timeline and reality, humour, adventure, drama, archeology, science, fish...
        Now that's the perfect ending. There's a way to please almost everyone.
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
          I can certainly appreciate those of you who want this thread to be a happy place but there are some of us who are not happy with what has been happening with the show and maybe we should open another thread so as not to offend the others. This is all new ground that we are walking on now because of all the changes that have been happening with Season 9 and I don't think that anyone is purposely wanting to be negative it is just how they feel. Many times I won't post because I have nothing "happy" to say and sometimes I just lurk. For me, I have relied on all the beautiful pictures, past season episodes, fan-fic, music videos (miss you Caty), to keep my flicker of hope alive but without Jack, no ship of any kind between Sam and Jack and the possibility that there will never be anything new between these two characters there is bound to be a lot more negativity, hence where we are now. It is easier to accept happy times but much harder to accept sad times.
          I agree Nickatell and we didn't rant for a while ..it's only after Grace under pressure that some of us including me started to rant Comes Shipmas day , I hope everybody will be alright and I wish all of you a wonderful day as I'm not sure I will be able to make something for that day ..I 'd rather concentrate on happier shows where Tptb is nicer to their shippers ...but I'll try my best to say Hello with a positive attitude .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
            If I may intrude a little as a non shipper and in another way than the calendar , I don't think Threads was the best episode to end the serie. Why ? Because it didn't have all the things that made Stargate this wonderful show. It was a great episode for characters and one I know you, shippers, enjoyed, but it wasn't about THE Stargate.
            In Moebius you found team interaction, travel through the gate, ship (Sam/Jack), ship (puddle jumper), Goa'ulds, Jaffas, alternate timeline and reality, humour, adventure, drama, archeology, science, fish...
            Moebius was enjoyable, just confusing.

The only reason I said that the others seemed like tag ons, was because the end of Threads had a feel of finality about it. The whole fishing scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Moebius was enjoyable, just confusing.

The only reason I said that the others seemed like tag ons, was because the end of Threads had a feel of finality about it. The whole fishing scene.
              I've never considered the fishing invitations more than a running joke in the show. I know it means a lot for the shippers. Maybe that's why the fishing scene at the end of Threads meant nothing for me. Well, not really nothing at all, but no more than a shared meal at the commissary. I guess it comes from the different perspectives we have on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                I've always thought of Moebius as an episode destined to the SG fans. The real core of the SG fans. The ones who would know about Sam's lines from CoTG. The ones who would catch the joke about Jack thinking Daniel was gay. The ones who would recognize all the little bits of everything thrown in this episode (Jack's boat called Homer, the PJ named gateship by McKay, the real meaning of Sam and Jack finally fishing...)
                Because if you're not a big fan of SG, you won't catch all of that. It will look like a funny episode, but that's all.
                Humor has always got a big place in SG and I think that funny episode was like an homage to the fans who have watched the show during 8 years.
                So yeah, Moebius would have been the perfect ending for the show.
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

You are probably right Lys but Hubby asked me if Moebius was the last one after it ended ..I said "NO " and he said he hoped so because he thought that Moebius was a crappy ending to the show if it would have been ..He didn't say why but I may ask him one day if he watches it again ,which is very unlikely .

Also when I asked him if he thought that Sam and Jack will end up together ...he said "Of course ,not" and when I asked him if Harm and Mac in JAG will end up together , he said "Of course, yes "..I never asked why but this is how he perceived the 2 ships on screen .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    You are probably right Lys but Hubby asked me if Moebius was the last one after it ended ..I said "NO " and he said he hoped so because he thought that Moebius was a crappy ending to the show if it would have been ..He didn't say why but I may ask him one day if he watches it again ,which is very unlikely .

Also when I asked him if he thought that Sam and Jack will end up together ...he said "Of course ,not" and when I asked him if Harm and Mac in JAG will end up together , he said "Of course, yes "..I never asked why but this is how he perceived the 2 ships on screen .

Caty
                    Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion.
                    I won't discuss JAG with you Caty, I'm not watching it. I'm not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                      I've always thought of Moebius as an episode destined to the SG fans. The real core of the SG fans. The ones who would know about Sam's lines from CoTG. The ones who would catch the joke about Jack thinking Daniel was gay. The ones who would recognize all the little bits of everything thrown in this episode (Jack's boat called Homer, the PJ named gateship by McKay, the real meaning of Sam and Jack finally fishing...)
                      Because if you're not a big fan of SG, you won't catch all of that. It will look like a funny episode, but that's all.
                      Humor has always got a big place in SG and I think that funny episode was like an homage to the fans who have watched the show during 8 years.
                      As a real HUGE, BIG, FANFIC ! Yeah !

Comment

Yes, Moebius had some fabulous little references, like the Homer and the gay thing, and tiny references all the way to beginning (Carter quoting her first lines for example) and I found it entertaining. I'm not denying that.

But for a mass audience, it probably wasn't that good. And although a fantastic homage to the fans (as was citizen Joe), as a final episode, it didn't have the oomph of Lost City or Full Circle.

But, seeing as it wasn't the last ep, it's not that important, is it?

Comment

Totally OT...I wanted to share this with you all as I found it to be quite amusing. MajorSam joked that this house was on crack

This guy decked his house out with 26,000 lights and timed the blinking of the lights to 1/10th of a second! The music btw is called Wizards of Winter from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Enjoy!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zygyo7

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                            Well, when you put it like that Florence (and Lys too!) I can see what you mean. I loved the humour and the in-jokes. One of the best things about SG is that it has a sense of humour. And I did laugh at and 'get' all those things you mention. The more often I watch Moebius, the more it grows on me. If I watch it many more times, it'll probably become one of my favourite 2 parters It was just very different from Lost City-which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
                            always and forever
                            My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                            My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Anyone read Joe M's blog???

Doesn't bode well for those who were joking about Jack being a figment of our imagination

Spoiler:
                              There will be a significant loss at the end of episode 7. Anyone else think it'll be a nice easy way to put an end to shipping?

Sorry, just depressed cos I found out my housemates had a christmas meal and party without me, binned the christmas decorations I bought for the house (which they never said thank you for, when I bought exactly what they said were their faves, and I personally hate) and shared amongst themselves all the pressies that our neighbours gave us.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Totally OT...I wanted to share this with you all as I found it to be quite amusing. MajorSam joked that this house was on crack

This guy decked his house out with 26,000 lights and timed the blinking of the lights to 1/10th of a second! The music btw is called Wizards of Winter from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Enjoy!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zygyo7
                                Page cannot be displayed is all I'm getting when I try to download. Anyone else having the same problem? I'd love to view this!

Comment

Working...
                                X