This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    Sally I wonder if anyone will even mention Jack's name in Ripple Effect?IMO Sally if Shipper want to continue to watch this Show that's fine.IMO there hurting there own cause.TPTB will say to themselves no need for Sam/Jack Ship many people are still watching.
    well, i wanted to continue to watch because i also love sam carter and the team going through the gate, etc. but with this season, even those parts are poor. sam's been reduced to being second in command again (basically), with the need to be 'male fantasy number 5' for all the guys.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      Sal...I can't rep you right now, so have a hug

(((((((((((((Majorsal))))))))))))))))
      thanks, suekay. and caty.

sally *blows kisses*
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Your right Caty.At the end of the Day I win.I stopped watching there Show and stopped buying there DVD's.I have the Show Lost for my Ship.I'll always find a Show that does the Ship better than this Show.

Me too I'm not worried about finding another ship now ..I always find another ship I'm keen on ..Sam and Jack is over for me as it now became an unfinished business and will never be talked again ..Tptb decided to sabotage the ship and I think that having Sam in
        Spoiler:
        in someone else's head at that stage is pretty serious ..Sam should be in Jack's head ..and we never saw it ...But to have her in Mac Kay's head
        just like that all of a sudden is weird and I think tptb is sick ..I think they are sick people actually to be doing something like that to a Character who has been a role model for a long time and those last couple of years ..have become more of a sexual fantasy .Well shame for the character of Carter and Amanda in particular.. She had about 3 kind of nude scenes to do in the last year and a half ..I wonder if TPTB is going for a nude scene /Per episode now until the end of season 9 SG1 plus SGA !!!

Caty
        Last edited by Catysg1; 13 December 2005, 03:36 PM.

Comment

That covers it sueKay.Whether you meant to or not You made a great argument for not watching this Show.TPTB are really making it easy to stop watching.

Comment

Yeah...it's not just the ship that's bad now...its...EVERYTHING!

The Ori are boring
            The Jaffa are boring
            The Ancient...camelot...thingy is boring
            Daniel's an Ass
            Teal'c wallpaper
            Sam's a toy
            Vala's a slut
            Landry's a...well...different
            Mitchell's a bit dim
            Lam's a bit wooden
            Jack's a figment of my imagination
            Jonas is a figment of my imagination
            Hammond's a figment of my imagination
            Janets dead
            Cassie's gone

could it actually BE any worse?

That's it Suekay Exactly what I wanted to say ..You should send that to TPTB ..It's a very good summary of what Season 9 SG1 is all about .

we must post it back sometimes

Caty

Comment

I hope this is not True but I sometimes think TPTB are trying to get AT to leave.One thing about this episode.If we do get another Sam/Jack episode I do not want to hear AT say something like having a problem being Jack Girl unless AT says something against GUP.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Florence ..I'm not sure how to take your post but you don't seem to be joking as I didn't see any smilies ..Anyway I never said I was not happy ..I just said I saw the pics and was telling that the Mac Kay /Sam shippers were happy ..as information ..I was not complaining in that post at all ..It was purely info if you read it back .

May be next time quote someone's else post who is really complaining or another post of mine where I'm complaining ..I was not in that one .

Caty
                Okay, maybe I didn't choose the right post or the right person to reply.
                I probably misread what you said because I thought you were sarcastic when talking about the Sam/McKay shippers.
                Anyway, I was serious when I replied.

Good point Cathy.I would not be surprised if TPTB tried to push the Sam/Mckay Ship with AT being on Atlantis next Year.This episode will get the hopes up for Sam/McKay Shippers.I doubt TPTB will have Sam put McKay in his place.TPTB wants Sam to be nice to all the Man Friends.If RDA does not appear TPTB will just Ship Sam with someone else.
                You know, I'm not so sure there are a lot of McKay/Sam shippers. I don't remember seeing one in the one year I've spent in this forum. And as a SGA fan, I'm not sure this episode will bring a lot of new Sam/McKay shippers (people are already too busy shipping Shep with everyone... )
                And I don't think TPTB would want to push the Sam/McKay ship. They don't know how to deal with ship...

If Shippers want to get upset over this episode that should be ok.
                Of course, if shippers are upset with it, they can talk about it. But lately, whenever I come in that thread, all I see is people saying they don't like the show anymore. This thread used to be fun for me... it still is, but from time to time only. Sorry to say this but this is the way I feel.

I understand that some shippers are upset and angry this season. But what could we expect with no Jack ? This ship was at best when Sam and Jack weren't talking IMO. Just be in the same room, sharing smiles and that was ship for me.
                For something I'm working on for Shipmas, I'm trying to find what we could call 'shippy quotes' and let me say this : there's not so many in one season. But if you look for 'shippy pics' or simply pics where Sam and Jack are smiling, or looking at each other, or just being there next to each other, you will find loads of them.
                So now that Jack isn't there anymore, I can't see how there could be ship. Good ship I mean. Of course, seeing Sam on the phone talking to Jack (even if we don't hear him) would be nice. But would we be satisfied with that ? I don't think so. We'd want more. We'd want to see them really together.

I've now watched 6 eps in S9 and I can say that I don't like it too much. Not because there's no ship, but because I don't like the stories.
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

I just finished watching Grace Under Pressure and didn't particularly care for it. Not really because of
                  Spoiler:
                  the sexual stuff with halluci-Sam, because she was just that...a figment of his mind, but more because as much as I love McKay a whole episode of him going mental in a puddlejumper was a bit much for me. The thing that concerns me is that if they end up doing crossovers with Sam going to Atlantis I sincerely hope it's not all McKay hitting on Sam or, heaven forbid, some kind of relationship developing there. SG-1 is already basically over for me, I don't need another show ruined.

Uh oh Suekay, I think I just figured out how it could get worse.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    HOW DARE YOU! i go away for a week, and the first thing i see on my return is this slander of my character. well i never!

anywho, just popped by to say the uk isn't getting more sg1 until january 10. how p!$$€d off am i!?! (the answer is very)
                    I thought UK were meant to overtake US in the showings? Does this mean that for the first time we'll lag behind the US in the second half of the seasons? This is terrible!

I didn't hear this because tuesday night is my Geeks Anonymous Meeting. This week was extra special - The British Parliamentary Debating society and the Maths society had a joint session!

Sorry about the slander! Unintentional. Hope the green makes it better!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                      If RepliCarter really wanted to conquer Earth she could have had the man so distracted it would have been a cake walk. (That's such an odd expression - Who would walk on cake??)
                      But sadly Jack would have known that it was highly out of character for Sam to act like that, so she maight have given it away.

Shame though. We could have blanked out the "Repli-" bit and just had CARTER and Jack in our own little world!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        You have a point here Uhsir and I have nothing else to add about the matter as TPTB is just messing around with the Sam and Jack shippers in all spin off they can think of ...May be they will be launching the 3rd spin off .."Samarella in space" soon !!!

Caty
                        Oh dear Lord, they might even make it the musical version! Don't give them ideas!

Comment

Cathy I wish TPTB would make up there Mind and decide if they want SG-1 to be a serious Scifi Show or do they want Girls Gone Wild.How soon before Sam appears in just a bikini for every episode.The Sam/Jack Ship was classy.TPTB need to keep there fantasies out of the Show.
                          Unfortunately, there is a HUUUUUGE part of me that would love to see Sam Carter in a bikini. If TPTB are reading this, if you could get a shippy J/S scene with Sam scantily clad, then great. If it doesn't involve Jack....I.....I can't say it. Trupi, Sue, can someone finish the sentence? I don't have enough will power to be strong and say the right thing!!!

Comment

I would like nothing better than to come on the forum and rave about the Show.TPTB are going to have to help us and do alot better job with the Show.Like sueKay said it's not just the lack of Sam/Jack Ship.It's so much more.I have to admit I have been very negative.I'll try to do better.I try to leave the forum for a while or not post if I have nothing good to say.It might be time for another break.

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                              Okay, maybe I didn't choose the right post or the right person to reply.
                              I probably misread what you said because I thought you were sarcastic when talking about the Sam/McKay shippers.
                              Anyway, I was serious when I replied.
                              If I was sarcastic , then I would have probably posted a smilie with it about the Mac kay /Sam shippers ..I didn't do it because it was purely info and I knew you were not joking . Try to analyse a post a little bit more before jumping at it florence because I really took it the wrong way and it did upset me .

Anyway as for the Mac kay /Sam ship ..I mean I don't like to see Sam with Mac Kay , I liked seeing Sam with Felger though because it was more innocent .
                              Mac Kay has a mind centered on the BOTTOM like in the episode Moebius, he touched Sam's bottom ...so we know where his mind is regarding Sam .

I like Mac Kay in SGA as he was from the beginning of the season and really if he hasn't had sex for one year and an half ..poor him ... but he could actually fantasize about someone else ..What about weir ?!!! I know there are quite a lot of Weir /Mackay shippers around and it would make more sense actually ...He could also fantasize about Teyla ..but to actually
                              Spoiler:
                              fantasize about Sam
                              NOW just like that when we know that they haven't seen each other for ages is really strange .

Caty
                              Last edited by Catysg1; 13 December 2005, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah...it's not just the ship that's bad now...its...EVERYTHING!

The Ori are boring
                                The Jaffa are boring
                                The Ancient...camelot...thingy is boring
                                Daniel's an Ass
                                Teal'c wallpaper
                                Sam's a toy
                                Vala's a slut
                                Landry's a...well...different
                                Mitchell's a bit dim
                                Lam's a bit wooden
                                Jack's a figment of my imagination
                                Jonas is a figment of my imagination
                                Hammond's a figment of my imagination
                                Janets dead
                                Cassie's gone

could it actually BE any worse?
                                I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only person who finds the whole Ori and the Jaffa nation plots boring. No, it could be worse. A lot worse. There could be Kirking (but I fear we've got that to come next season with Vala)

Plus there's no continuity. We were originally told that Lantash didn't die with Elliot (Last Stand) but he'd be an Atlantis character. But what about Satterfield and Hailey, the other characters that were promised SGC posts and we've never seen again. I mean, surely when Daniel kicked the bucket ~(or one of the many, in his case) at the end of season 5, surely it would have made more sense to introduce someone like Hailey, whose story we vaguely know. Same now, instead of bringing Jonas back, or some character we vaguely knew, they replace half the regular cast.

That turned into a bit of a rant. Oops.

Comment

Working...
                                X