Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update minigeek.I feel sick to my stomach just reading about it.I'am not surprised at all.I wonder how much more the Shippers have to take.This episode may do some good if it causes most of the Shippers to skip the rest of Season 9.I doubt that will happen.TPTB might as well get it over with and have the Sam character wear a sign that says "I'am here to please all guest characters".The Sam character we knew from Seasons 1-6 is gone.

Comment

Well GUP is an Atlantis ep, where Carter guest stars
      Spoiler:
      as McKay's concussion-induced hallucination - of herself, of course, but still she's not really "real" per se, she's a figment of his delerium.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Still hurts minigeek especially this Year when TPTB pretend Jack was never part of SG-1.Even the title "Grace under Pressure" is a slap in the Face for all Shippers.Minigeek any chance that the Sam in this episode told McKay to stop drooling over me and get a Life?

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          Still hurts minigeek especially this Year when TPTB pretend Jack was never part of SG-1.Even the title "Grace under Pressure" is a slap in the Face for all Shippers.Minigeek any chance that the Sam in this episode told McKay to stop drooling over me and get a Life?
          Well.... no. She had a lot of smart moments through the episode. But as to your specific question, I'm afraid it was more the opposite. In the end, she told him
          Spoiler:
          she could make him HOT and then proceeded to grab him and try to snog him. Much kissing and canoodling.
          Sorry hun.

Comment

Your Killing me.Not your fault.I did ask.This episode almosts sounds worse than Chimera and that's saying something.The next time I see the Sam character I will think of this episode.Good thing I will not watch this Show anymore unless there is Sam/Jack Ship or RDA is in the episode.That should keep me safe for Years.Let's hope there are no more episodes like this.Fat chance.This episode will probably get great ratings and the parade of Man Friends for Sam will start again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
              [IMG]http://rl.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/december12.jpg[/rul]
              ROTFL my head off! Beautiful pic and hilarious continuation of your calendar. Love the all!

Just sayin', thanks so much for these; laughter is healthy and healing, yes?
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Well.... no. She had a lot of smart moments through the episode. But as to your specific question, I'm afraid it was more the opposite. In the end, she told him
                Spoiler:
                she could make him HOT and then proceeded to grab him and try to snog him. Much kissing and canoodling.
                Sorry hun.
                I'm going to watch the episode. None of what minigeek got me upset. It actually made me laugh. Poor Rodney. I think of it (as I've said before)
                Spoiler:
                as Rodney doesn't know that Sam and Jack are together. He's always had a thing for her (even in Moebius). And plus, Rodney's a man and there will be times where he thinks of Sam as nothing more than a sex object. It's human nature. He's probably been back to the SGC and since Sam doesn't talk about her personal life, he'd never know that Sam is with Jack.
                sigpic

Comment

Shipper public service announcement for "Grace Under Pressure"...

Spoiler:
                  Just a friendly shipper warning. If it squicks you (to the point of discomfort) to see Sam snogging anyone other than Jack, you should probably avoid the ATLANTIS episode Grace Under Pressure. We just saw it up here in Canada, and there's some very scantily clad snoggin' goin on between McKay and Carter (his hallucination of Carter, that is), if ya know what I mean.

Warning issued...

Ta,
                  mini
                  are you serious?
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                    I'm going to watch the episode. None of what minigeek got me upset. It actually made me laugh. Poor Rodney. I think of it (as I've said before)
                    Spoiler:
                    as Rodney doesn't know that Sam and Jack are together. He's always had a thing for her (even in Moebius). And plus, Rodney's a man and there will be times where he thinks of Sam as nothing more than a sex object. It's human nature. He's probably been back to the SGC and since Sam doesn't talk about her personal life, he'd never know that Sam is with Jack.
                    Yeah, that's why I watched it too. Was looking forward to it, actually. I love Sam/Rodney snark. And the acting was fab (on both sides), as I mentioned in the SaGC thread.
                    Spoiler:
                    I didn't like the writing or the story, though, generally speaking. I thought it was a weak story and the character growth it intended to represent for Rodney came off flat, imho. I also think they rather abused the Carter character to make their point, which in the end, wasn't particularily profound in any event. So it was a disappointment for me, overall.

Comment

I told myself NOT to read spoilers because I didn't want to be spoiled and what do I do............ read the spoilers ....*sheesh** I have no shame
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi Shippers, I feel bad for not being around, but I'm traveling again... this time in Dallas... at least I'm keeping it local

Please, please, please, please... do not forget....

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Shipper public service announcement for "Grace Under Pressure"...

Spoiler:
                            Just a friendly shipper warning. If it squicks you (to the point of discomfort) to see Sam snogging anyone other than Jack, you should probably avoid the ATLANTIS episode Grace Under Pressure. We just saw it up here in Canada, and there's some very scantily clad snoggin' goin on between McKay and Carter (his hallucination of Carter, that is), if ya know what I mean.

Warning issued...

Ta,
                            mini
                            well, then, it's even worse than *i* thought it would be.

how can any shipper go away from this (or this season) and NOT think the ptb are out to make us suffer? why do an ep like this? why sam/mckay ship? sam's supposed to be in some kind of 'understanding' with jack, so she's in 'not exactly' singlehood. whatever. but this is now THREE sam/other type scenes/eps out of the 6 episodes she's done since returning to filming. and i'm not supposed to see this as 'F U shippers!'?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              I found these quotes I posted in February while doing a google search

SEASONS ONE TO SIX

<snip>
                              OMG ! sueKay, you're saving me ! I'm currently working on a project with lonely_star and LOL4JACK, collecting shippy quotes through the seasons and let me tell you this : it can be such a chore reading all the transcripts trying to find THE shippy quote of an episode !
                              Thanks, you help me a lot, even without knowing it !

(((sueKay)))
                              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Lol.. which is a very clear indication it's a complete hallucination. I'm still hoping Carter decks McKay when they meet in person... the man needs a good decking from Sam

Meanwhile it bears mentioning that the whole story line was meant in fun. You know this show people, they don't take it seriously.... we should try not to get so bent out of shape over it. I find the idea squicky but comical.. so yeah I'll watch it.. laugh, say ew and follow it up with Grace and watch how hallucinations should be done involving Sam Carter!

:shippy sigh: RDA & AT make snogging look good!

Spoiler:
                                Sorry hun.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X