This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ranchan2
    I'm really hoping that we'll at least get a small mention of Jack in the next season or even in the upcoming episodes. I, also, am very doubtful that RDA will return even for a small guest appearance, but just mentioning Jack doesn't require his presence. Just as long as we are given some implication to him still being in their world, I'll be happy. The ideal mention would be of a Jack/Sam relationship.
    this is a my words
    sigpic

Comment

I am totally with you Majorsal, usually I seem to settle because I think nothing I do will change what is going to happen anyways; but this show has proven that theory wrong because of the MS incident. Although I am not sure that RDA was the one now who said to leave the door open, even though it was said by people at Stargate other than TPTB, it still may have been a tactic by TPTB to keep us once again hoping for his return. That being said, I now believe that by sitting back and doing nothing I can only expect nothing, but by at least writing and letting TPTB know how I feel now, there still is a chance. I am also writing to RDA to let him know how important this is to all of us who have followed this story for all these years.

Comment

You know I was thinking yet again about I think the episode was "Sacrifices"
        Spoiler:
        when Jack tells Sam that he "wouldn't be here", at first I thought well if Sam took this in a good way how could she have accepted Pete's proposal, so I then thought that Sam had to have taken this in a bad way; but now thinking it over I wonder if Sam did take it in a good way but the fact that Jack was doing nothing about it in a positive way to change anything, this is why she accepted the proposal, does this make any sense? I don't know I guess after watching this show for so long I still have trouble swallowing the fact that she accepted Pete's proposal (I don't mean this in a mean way suggesting that it is all Sams fault, I mean it as what the heck were TPTB thinking to have come up with this idea). Just like in "Threads" when Jacob is dying I honestly don't think that his conversations with Sam would have been so vague about her happiness. To me this was the time for him to speak his mind and let her know that to settle with Pete would be wrong when her heart really belongs to Jack and that by her not letting rules stand in her way she wouldn't be letting him down or anyone else.
        I don't know just thoughts floating through my head.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
          You know I was thinking yet again about I think the episode was "Sacrifices"
          Spoiler:
          when Jack tells Sam that he "wouldn't be here", at first I thought well if Sam took this in a good way how could she have accepted Pete's proposal, so I then thought that Sam had to have taken this in a bad way; but now thinking it over I wonder if Sam did take it in a good way but the fact that Jack was doing nothing about it in a positive way to change anything, this is why she accepted the proposal, does this make any sense? I don't know I guess after watching this show for so long I still have trouble swallowing the fact that she accepted Pete's proposal (I don't mean this in a mean way suggesting that it is all Sams fault, I mean it as what the heck were TPTB thinking to have come up with this idea). Just like in "Threads" when Jacob is dying I honestly don't think that his conversations with Sam would have been so vague about her happiness. To me this was the time for him to speak his mind and let her know that to settle with Pete would be wrong when her heart really belongs to Jack and that by her not letting rules stand in her way she wouldn't be letting him down or anyone else.
          I don't know just thoughts floating through my head.
          the problem with Threads is that it left too many hanging-it tied absolutly nothing up-not even Daniel's. and as for that conversation with Jacob
          Spoiler:
          Kerry's conversation with Jack was more direct and to the point than Jacob's was. The man was dying. He was also lucid. For him to talk in riddles was silly. Now was not the time for him to play 20 questions with Sam. Do you love him? who-pete? No-Jack. Do you love him?
          -but of course that would have meant that they would have to committ to the storyline and they wouldn't and they won't. Threads IMO came absolutely out of nowhere because Sam and Jack acted like they didn't even know each other, much less like each other all season-and then we get
          Spoiler:
          Always
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
            lol how cool! love the shipper penguins
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              Tame - I'm glad you're enjoying the show now, but it's not so much the lack of ship, but how long and drawn-out the stories are that has made me tune out...I find SG1 boring now to be perfectly honest, and the Jaffa and Ori storylines do nothing for me.

BUT there are still good things in the show, and while I'm giving s9 a miss, I am going to try season ten...see if the changed have been better integrated by then!

I'm preparing some things for shipmas, so watch out!
              Super!! Lots of presents for Sam and Jack under their First Christmas Tree!!!
              sigpic

Comment

I agree pittsburghgirl if you are still talking in riddles when you know you are dying and this probably will be the last conversation with your daughter, I honestly believe that most people would be honest and direct so there wasn't any confusion or questions. Also the "not exactly" why that when Sam never told Barrett the person she was "not exactly" in a relationship with, so why not have given us "no, I'm sorry I'm in a relationship and I guess I always have been" with a sudden realization about the second part ending with a big smile. No we get "not exactly" wow I bet that overheated the computer. Your also right when
                Spoiler:
                Kerry tells Jack what she thinks he should do, retire, why leave that conversation in if time was a factor on that episode, why was that so important if nothing was going to come of it?
                If TPTB had so much confidence in the new changes for season 9, why not bring Jack and Sam together knowing that RDA was leaving? Thats my point they go out of their way not to give us anything.

Comment

You know it's too bad that this upcoming Sam and McKay episode was written as
                  Spoiler:
                  a dream Mckay's having. This would have been a superb opportunity for Sam to show and maybe tell Mckay that she and Jack were in a serious relationship.

McKay asks, "Sam, is that an engagement ring on your finger?" Sam replies, " Ahh yes, damn, I forgot to take it off this morning before coming in."

McKay, "So who is the lucky fellow? Anyone I know?"

Sam, " Yes, but we're not ready to announce this yet, so I'd appreciate it if you forgot you saw this ring." Sam takes the ring off and drops it gently into her jacket pocket.

McKay," So I guess this means I don't have a chance?"

Sam, " Sorry but no chance in He*l !"

Don't I wish

Comment

Nickatell-you are so right-that has been my biggest complaint all along. an
                    Spoiler:
                    always
                    and a
                    Spoiler:
                    not exactly
                    -that last comment got me to wondering if i was watching a hertz commercial instead.

they have had numerous opportunities to either kill the ship or end it satisfactorily. let's face it-they have known for some time that RDA wanted out-he had been reducing his screen time for the last 3 years and probably made it plain that 8 was indeed enough.

what is annoying is that they believe that the Shippers only watched for s/j. Well excuse me-but I happen to believe that we are not that shallow a fan group and that a major importance is a good story-with the ship being a bonus. but it is very insulting to me be thought of as brain dead and only interested in languishing looks and angst. give me a break!
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Pittsburghgirl right again. Like you said to, what exactly does "always" mean? With her answer of "for being here for me", his "always" could mean... Don't worry Sam I'll "always" have your back, Don't worry Sam whatever you do in your life I'll "always" be here for you, or I will "always" be there for you because I will "always" love you. "Always" certainly doesn't move us forward because all us shippers knew this already. I guess like you have said neither of these two episodes moved us forward, they pretty much brought us back to where we were or I should say where they were.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                        Spoiler:
                        a dream Mckay's having. This would have been a superb opportunity for Sam to show and maybe tell Mckay that she and Jack were in a serious relationship.

McKay asks, "Sam, is that an engagement ring on your finger?" Sam replies, " Ahh yes, damn, I forgot to take it off this morning before coming in."

Sam, " Yes, but we're not ready to announce this yet, so I'd appreciate it if you forgot you saw this ring." Sam takes the ring off and drops it gently into her jacket pocket.

Don't I wish
                        Yes SG1poz ..that would be the perfect opportunity AGAIN . pathetic TPTB I can't even believe they refuse to use a little oppportunity like that one ..What's wrong with those people ?!!!

It makes me sick but I don't want to be sick before Christmas and Shipmas day next week so

Caty

Comment

If no seeing Sam with "other Pete" , i am having a hope , SAM & JACK together
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                            Spoiler:

Don't I wish
                            That's hilarious. I can just see the smile on McKay's face fading away upon receiving that news.
                            http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                            Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                              Pittsburghgirl right again. Like you said to, what exactly does "always" mean? With her answer of "for being here for me", his "always" could mean... Don't worry Sam I'll "always" have your back, Don't worry Sam whatever you do in your life I'll "always" be here for you, or I will "always" be there for you because I will "always" love you. "Always" certainly doesn't move us forward because all us shippers knew this already. I guess like you have said neither of these two episodes moved us forward, they pretty much brought us back to where we were or I should say where they were.
                              For some reason when it comes to Jack and Sam, TPTB are committment challenged. Both you and pittsburghgirl have made some very good points. I had high expectations in Threads that TPTB would finally "get off the pot" but instead they were just as vague as ever. After eight years, I think Sam and Jack storyline did deserve more.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Rogue I think TPTB are being vague with their vagueness!. After eight years now we aren't even sure what Jack is doing and whether or not the regs even play a part in their relationship anymore. The big problem is the whole show is starting to give me a headache. So lets see after eight years we have "I wouldn't be here", "Always", and "Not Exactly"; I don't know what us shippers are complaining about these words are just dripping with emotions we should be ashamed of ourselves (snark, snark).

Comment

Working...
                                X