X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    Hi guys, this is the update from Comic Con dated 12/1:
    This is on our agenda to bring up with them tomorrow. The staff at SciFi have been really nice to deal with and have been very accommodating. If he can not appear - it will be due to a conflict in either the production schedule or his personal travel schedule.
    I don't know exactly what that means ( does it mean he's coming?) but they did request he be at the convention.
    trupi, you're the BEST! i love it how hard you fight for the ship.

(you've inspired me, as you know)

shippers, FIGHT for what we want! letters and postcards let the ptb know we're still interested in sam/jack ship.

let's fight for ship!!!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

shippers, FIGHT for what we want! letters and postcards let the ptb know we're still interested in sam/jack ship.

let's fight for ship!!!
      Tried and failed. JM in his thread said that they aren't adding any ship and they don't let what fans say influence them. *sob*
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Tried and failed. JM in his thread said that they aren't adding any ship and they don't let what fans say influence them. *sob*
        Lets dream for a moment~~~~~~~~What if all shippers decided stop watching the show, stop buying Books,Dvd's toys,etc. No Scifi magazines, stop buying the products they show during SCIFI Friday. No conventions that deal only with Stargate, no watching of other shows produced, written, directed etc by any of the rat bas----! Get my point! I might not get my kiss but they won't be making a living in show business. Maybe, coat check or shoe shine but not TV.
        Stop whining, sobbing WHATEVER! Write, Petition, Protest-but do it politely-"The pen is mighty then the sword" Please stop asking JM about the ship because he is going to keep lanking your chains (It like the little kid in the back seat of the car saying to the driver," Are we there yet? Are we there yet?") Stop putting little pointy things under your finger nails-Please-end of rant!
        sigpic

Comment

Nah, I personally didn't keep asking questions, that was just a shippers in general thing. Sorry to get under your skin, trupi, I don't want to upset an old timer like yourself

It's really good that people like you are rallying together in such a practical way. It gives a little ray of hope.

BTW, I found this fic the other day. Very adult content, but it made me smile.
          Green Suckers and Red Lollipops

Comment

Oh wow! Sounds great! I take it you mean like loads of copies and not just the original being auctioned off, which would be quite sad.
            Yes, copies!!!! I'm trying to imagine how RDA and Amanda are set up to sign these autographs!! Between her scenes probably. I wonder if they send a stack to RDA now that he's not on the show? They must wear gloves while they sign because there was not one teeny weeny fingerprint on RDA's sig on my desert-camo jack photo!! **sniff, sniff** I wanted fingerprints!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Lets dream for a moment~~~~~~~~What if all shippers decided stop watching the show, stop buying Books,Dvd's toys,etc. No Scifi magazines, stop buying the products they show during SCIFI Friday. No conventions that deal only with Stargate, no watching of other shows produced, written, directed etc by any of the rat bas----! Get my point! I might not get my kiss but they won't be making a living in show business. Maybe, coat check or shoe shine but not TV.
              Stop whining, sobbing WHATEVER! Write, Petition, Protest-but do it politely-"The pen is mighty then the sword" Please stop asking JM about the ship because he is going to keep lanking your chains (It like the little kid in the back seat of the car saying to the driver," Are we there yet? Are we there yet?") Stop putting little pointy things under your finger nails-Please-end of rant!
              I put little stock in the "we don't listen to what fans are asking" stuff. Frankly, there's been a lot of uproar regarding many of the changes this year that I believe we'll see some course corrections over the next year or so leading up to the series finale...one of which I think will be something definitive regarding Jack and Sam.

Also, when Amanda told the Gabiteers hints about what TPTB were thinking of for Carter...potentially half the year on Atlantis etc....that there was such an uproar TPTB had to rethink things. This is MHO of course but it's certainly the vibe I get. I don't think either Amanda or TPTB realized there would be quite the firestorm that erupted from that kind of news but the kind of damage control afterward was certainly intriguing to watch. Now almost all questions about Sam get a patented "Carter will play a vital role on SG-1 next year" answer...

So let them know how you feel but put it in terms they can understand...not as a romantic, but as a storyline that has a vast following and a huge chunk of fandom that will depart should they drop this particular arc.

It certainly doesn't hurt and is much more productive than being negative about what's going on or not as the case may be at the moment.

That being said, I still think we'll get something before the series ends...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                That being said, I still think we'll get something before the series ends...
                I completely agree. Anni and I were tossing this around at work the other day too and we both feel that tptb do intend to resolve the sam/jack storyline, potentially as a series-ender. And it's just not possible for them to go ahead with Sam/(anyone else) at this point without mentioning/resolving what happened in THREADS, so we're pretty safe there too.

I think MajorSal has the right idea. If you're concerned, you should join her campaign and write post cards to tptb, let them know by continuing to post where they can see you (despite what the "nay sayers" tell you), and keeping those chins up.

I really believe it'll happen eventually. 100%.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Trupi

You have a big point-i have already stopped spending my money on them.
                  I have not renewed my Stargate Magazine subscription, my TV Zone subscription-as much as I would like to read Sally's sequel to Matter of Honour, I won't buy the book. I will not buy anymore box sets, the comic books and I certainly am not watching the re-runs of season 9. THe only thing they seem to understand is "money" and they ain't getting anymore of mine.
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Ship, ship ship to my loo for Sam/Jack! Midnight bump!

Just sayin', up where they belong!
                    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                    sigpic
                    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

i found out tonight that there was a juicy ship tidbit show in a promo for the sheppard/weir shippers... i went over to the s/w ship thread and read some of their posts... it depressed me. they were *so* happy over there... the way we used to be. for the same reasons. *sigh*

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          i found out tonight that there was a juicy ship tidbit show in a promo for the sheppard/weir shippers... i went over to the s/w ship thread and read some of their posts... it depressed me. they were *so* happy over there... the way we used to be. for the same reasons. *sigh*

sally
                          That's one of the reasons why I have tried to stay away from the Shep/Weir ship thread lately. I am spoiler-free and this thread is like Spoilertown. Even if you don't highlight the spoilers, you can tell if they are happy or not about the spoilers... and these last days, they look extremely happy...
                          I want to stay spoiler-free for Atlantis (I do it too for SG1 but it's only because I don't really care about SG1 this year...) because I think it's better not to know anything about an episode before being able to watch it. I remember last year how we were jumping up and down about the spoilers for Threads or Moebius, then when we finally saw the episodes, a lot of us were so disappointed.
                          I don't want to do the same thing with Atlantis. I only want to enjoy what TPTB will give us. And if I can't have in the show what I'd like to see, I'll always have fics to read.
                          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                            From what I understand it's a red herring. So they'll have the same letdown as Sam/Jack shippers
                            Spoiler:
                            because from what I can gather, it's not really Liz kissing John but someone else in her body kissing someone else in his body.

We on the other hand have the fact that ship is OH so canon...and clearly was the point of Threads, otherwise consider the following:

If TPTB didn't care about the shippy arc and wanted it gone forever, having Sam and Pete marry would have shut the Jack/Sam shippers up pretty convincingly don't you think? Lt. Colonel Samantha Shanahan would have eventually moved on to Area 51 and be recalled for the mission in Beachhead. That canonly would have shown TPTB are not interested in Jack and Sam ever getting together and that would be that. However, it didn't play out that
                            way. It played out where both Jack and Sam ended relationships with others (or having them ended for them) due either in part or in whole to the fact that they had feelings for each other.

This further reinforces to me that at least they've left the door open for Sam/Jack shippy goodness sometime in the future during one of Rick's guest visits...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by lys
                              Lys, you're killing me! I don't think I can survive december! It's great!

Yes, Ueber.....we can hope. One day we shall get our shippy reward!

Comment

Nah, I personally didn't keep asking questions, that was just a shippers in general thing. Sorry to get under your skin, trupi, I don't want to upset an old timer like yourself

It's really good that people like you are rallying together in such a practical way. It gives a little ray of hope.

BTW, I found this fic the other day. Very adult content, but it made me smile.
                                Green Suckers and Red Lollipops
                                Tracy Jane I'm sorry, I'm not snarking out you personally. I just want everyone to take a productive way of complaining like: filling TPTB offices with so much mail they can't walk! Sorry if I made you feel bad! Please help us get under their skin!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X