This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    IMO many people do not like the Sam/Jack Ship because they feel it is a threat to the Daniel character and they feel it takes time away from the Daniel and Jack scenes.IMO there are many Daniel Fans who cannot stand the Sam character and would rather have had SG-1 be a Daniel/Jack buddy Show.IMO it's also alot of Young Male Viewers who only want to see things blow up and like how trashy Vala acts.IMO there not interested in Romance.TPTB seem to be gearing the Show towards this kind of Fan.IMO SG-1 was never meant to be about trashy characters and cheap insults.
    I have to admit that I'm wondering about this shift to draw young males, too. I thought there was something for everyone in Seasons 1-8. Gee, the common denominator in the what went right and what's not so right is RDA being present 1-8 and now gone, respectively. Altho, I've said it before and I'll say it again......it could still be a super show if they build on seasons 1-8 canon instead of revamping the show!!!

Back OT......there will be Sam and Jack Ship someday!! Believe it!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      IMO many people do not like the Sam/Jack Ship because they feel it is a threat to the Daniel character and they feel it takes time away from the Daniel and Jack scenes.IMO there are many Daniel Fans who cannot stand the Sam character and would rather have had SG-1 be a Daniel/Jack buddy Show.IMO it's also alot of Young Male Viewers who only want to see things blow up and like how trashy Vala acts.IMO there not interested in Romance.TPTB seem to be gearing the Show towards this kind of Fan.IMO SG-1 was never meant to be about trashy characters and cheap insults.
      yes i am heard about, but ship S/J is no good and ship S/Other is good?
      this is very pretty stupidity

J. is a very good friend D., i like this relationship
      not like, no explanation relationship between S & J (gone, together or something), this is a very simple

i am a repeat, again, 8(+-) years relatioship and fishing
      sigpic

Comment

You know it is funny (funny strange, not funny HA HA) how shippers have lived on so few moments over the 8 years. Really, we could probably count on our fingers the episodes that had shippy moments let alone storylines. (Threads was the only one that comes to mind as an actual storyline) Here we are both shippers and apparantly non-shippers focused on the same things. Just imagine if we focused on things we didn't like. Again, for me, many Daniel episodes (can you say UNAS?)

Again, I'm just rambling but I don't believe we are the minority, just the minority of comitted fans, the ones who are on forums and go to conventions. In talking to casual Stargate fans, who are the vast majority, they really have no idea that there is a controversy over Sam and Jack. Most will say "Of course they are together." or more recently "Where's Jack?"

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i can keep with the vague, but joe made it sound like they weren't even going to do *that* anymore.
          I know but they throw in stuff like the
          Spoiler:
          "not exactly"
          stuff to keep our interest up so that we still have some hope that they'll actually resolve the story line. If they were going to completely forget it ever existed I don't think that they would have put that in there. Of course, the thing that I don't want is for stuff like that to be it. All vague hints forever and ever. Sigh.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Just think, if Joe ever asks if we are still fans of SG1 we can answer

"NOT EXACTLY"

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
              You know it is funny (funny strange, not funny HA HA) how shippers have lived on so few moments over the 8 years. Really, we could probably count on our fingers the episodes that had shippy moments let alone storylines. (Threads was the only one that comes to mind as an actual storyline) Here we are both shippers and apparantly non-shippers focused on the same things. Just imagine if we focused on things we didn't like. Again, for me, many Daniel episodes (can you say UNAS?)

Again, I'm just rambling but I don't believe we are the minority, just the minority of comitted fans, the ones who are on forums and go to conventions. In talking to casual Stargate fans, who are the vast majority, they really have no idea that there is a controversy over Sam and Jack. Most will say "Of course they are together." or more recently "Where's Jack?"
              yes, good point, but i no need married between J&S or something like a married (this is a SG1 not a romance), a need a little hope for this relationship, no more, no little(30s in one episode )

Jack in a Washington (maybe)
              sigpic

Comment

Brillant STARGATE7777.I always wondered if Shippers could have made a difference if we were Vocal like the Daniel Fans when MS left.I wonder if we skipped some episodes while RDA was still on the Show if it would have gotten us any more Ship?I always though Shippers being so Loyal to the Show has hurt in TPTB feeling pressure to resolve the Ship.I think the lack of Jack being mentioned and the lack of Ship from Sam's side shows TPTB do not fell enough pressure from Shippers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  A while back I told someone about Potatohead. That was because JM said "she'll have a boyfriend who she'll dump like a sack of potatoes" isn't it? And It turned out to be spud himself!
                  That's excellent. I hadn't heard the reason behind it before. Potatohead is also known as Pondlife in our household.
                  always and forever
                  My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                  My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    Lys, this is great. As are all the others you've posted for us so far. Looking forward to the 19th December one (it's my birthday!)
                    always and forever
                    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                      Lys, this is great. As are all the others you've posted for us so far. Looking forward to the 19th December one (it's my birthday!)
                      I'm thrilled you like them scjon. The December 19th one isn't shippy, but it's a cute one. Stay tuned !
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Lys - lovin' the calendar

Ship Mum - great to see you back here

and welcome to any newbies I may have missed
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Having confusion issues (not hard, I only have limited brain space to deal with it). After several years of being insulted by my more casual gate fan friends (I distinguish between saying Gate fans and Gate heads), I started to think that I, along with my fellow shipper family, was imagining it all. But then, to my amazement, when grumbling over how it hadn't been resolved, all my friends turned round and said , "course it has. We know they're together. Didn't you watch Threads or Moebius?" So it's not just shippers. It's not just subtle and unresolved. Apparently it's blatantly obvious.

Yeah, right.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Forgot to add to that, Lys, the advent calender is amazing. And after that we have to work out the 12 days of Christmas according to Sam and Jack.

eg

Jack: On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a technobabble dictionary.

or

Sam: On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a year's supply of blue jelly.

Comment

a have little question, have Jack motorcycle?
                              if not, who motorcycle is geting in Colorado Springs?
                              Jack play chess with Landry (9.season)
                              sigpic

Comment

a have little question, have Jack motorcycle?
                                if not, who motorcycle is geting in Colorado Springs?
                                Jack play chess with Landry (9.season)
                                Dunno if Jack has a motorbike. Sam certainly does.
                                I really don't understand the second bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X