This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
    I agree with you.... and it's also made me think... what SciFi show has not had ship...

And not only SciFi.... any show... there is always the "romance" in the story... if it's not shown, people keep looking for it everywhere... so now I really don't understand those "true" scifi fans... does anybody know if in any other SciFi show... was there also a big "antishipper" group... what about the X-Files?
    Like Yin and Yang, shippers and anti-shippers are always present. Anti-shippers hate mush and hate shows becoming too "soapy" and want ship to go on out of sight or wait until the show ends. They think it gets in the way of actual drama or whatever.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      they're underestimating our intelligence as viewers. Having confirmation that Sam and Jack are together won't make me lose interest, in fact it may deepen my interest in the show Then I would be able to watch the show and it's new developments without thinking "when the hell are they going to resolve the Sam/Jack stuff?".
      I absolutely, totally, completely agree with this.

Unfortunately, we are not the proverbial squeaky wheel. Therefore, we don't get any more proverbial grease. The PTB are done with us. How many times does Joe need to tell us?

I will continue to love the early Stargate where the shows acknowledged the team as a whole and a love that was real.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        I am sooo looking forward to seeing Cliff Simon in person. Sigh...

As far as the sudden, or perhaps not so sudden, case of amnesia as far as Sam/Jack ship is concerned I really don't think it has all that much to do with what TPTB read on forums and/or in fan letters. I think that fan reactions may play some part in their creative decisions but I think for the most part that it's a carefully thought out and planned marketing decision. It's been shown over and over again that having romantic subtext often hooks in the viewers and playing up the sexual tension keeps viewers watching. Without RDA in the picture they can't really play that factor up any more so the only way they can keep the people who are interested in it tuning in is to keep it vague so we keep watching to see if anything every really comes of it. Which I think sucks. Not to mention that I think they're underestimating our intelligence as viewers. Having confirmation that Sam and Jack are together won't make me lose interest, in fact it may deepen my interest in the show. Then I would be able to watch the show and it's new developments without thinking "when the hell are they going to resolve the Sam/Jack stuff?" and constantly looking for any tiny tidbit that would say it they are or they aren't.
        EXACTLY!!! What you said---"Having confirmation that Sam and Jack are together won't make me lose interest, in fact it may deepen my interest in the show. Then I would be able to watch the show and it's new developments without thinking "when the hell are they going to resolve the Sam/Jack stuff?" Thanks!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
          Squeee Nell.... we can become the NE Ship Squad... I'm sure Trupi is also on-board

Creation will have Joe Flanigan.... yummy actually I just checked and it get's better.... Joe Flanigan, Michael Shanks and Cliff Simon... it's like a Chippendale night CB will not be able to appear....
          D'oh. JF=Joe Flanigan=Shepperd!! I went to the con site and still did not know who JF was until I saw his picture!!! LOL!!

Well, well, well. February or November Con??? Still waitin' for the Comic Con lineup.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
            D'oh. JF=Joe Flanigan=Shepperd!! I went to the con site and still did not know who JF was until I saw his picture!!! LOL!!

Well, well, well. February or November Con??? Still waitin' for the Comic Con lineup.
            Nell as soon as I hear anything about Comic Con I'll let you know! Just invited Sugarshaker to Comic con. We can get a hotel room in the 59th street Holiday INN. (I get a disount) Just asked my husband about Shore Leave and he said fine. As for November's Creation con. it in my backyard, can't miss that!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Nell as soon as I hear anything about Comic Con I'll let you know! Just invited Sugarshaker to Comic con. We can get a hotel room in the 59th street Holiday INN. (I get a disount) Just asked my husband about Shore Leave and he said fine. As for November's Creation con. it in my backyard, can't miss that!
              I'm looking forward to meeting my Shipper friends in Baltimore!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                  I absolutely, totally, completely agree with this.

Unfortunately, we are not the proverbial squeaky wheel. Therefore, we don't get any more proverbial grease. The PTB are done with us. How many times does Joe need to tell us?
                  i guess i'll stop asking joe when i finally get an answer of *why*. they built up ship for 8 years, so suddenly dropping it is beyond ridiculous. i'll stop asking when he explains the reasons.

Originally posted by shipperahoy
                  Without RDA in the picture they can't really play that factor up any more so the only way they can keep the people who are interested in it tuning in is to keep it vague so we keep watching to see if anything every really comes of it.
                  i can keep with the vague, but joe made it sound like they weren't even going to do *that* anymore.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i guess i'll stop asking joe when i finally get an answer of *why*. they built up ship for 8 years, so suddenly dropping it is beyond ridiculous. i'll stop asking when he explains the reasons.

i can keep with the vague, but joe made it sound like they weren't even going to do *that* anymore.

sally
                    yes , yes 8 years very nice relationship (love?), and after 9 years stoping this relationship without explanation, this is a bad joke
                    8 years!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

*looks around* Anybody here?!! Nope just me

I think it was SueKay who mentioned Jack and Sam's Christmas list.

How about an Asguard transporter so they can get home quicker?? Better than commuting anyday.... or maybe they have one of those already??

Or maybe a set of rings so they can get upstairs quicker

Any other ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                        I was just wondering if anyone has ever figured out why some people are so against Jack and Sam? I mean I understand how somw people may not agree with the two being paired, or think the writers could have done a better job, or even that it was not a realistic portrayal. Whatever. We all see different things in shows.

What confuses me is the fact that some for some people it ruins the show to the point that they have influenced the writers to try to cover it up, or lessen it, or leave it open to interpretation.

I have always had issues with Daniel. Most of the time he seemed too "out to be the saviour" or down on everything Jack or military. However, it never ruined the show. I didn't rejoice when he left for a year. I understood that for some people he was the show. It didn't matter to me.

Again. Does anyone have an opinion on why some people want to ruin the show for those of us who do want to see Sam and Jack together? Why is being anti-Sam and Jack so important to them?
                        People, no matter who we are talking about, can and do believe that their view is the correct one even if it isn't. When they are watching they're favourite show they only want to see things that can travel along side their own view.

People can take things personally if it doesn't go their way and won't watch the show, but for me, that's their choice and I respect people for standing by their views and opinions. However, I would never stop watching something because it didn't fit with my opinion, I like to be shown things that I don't expect or wouldn't necessarily watch.

Despite that, I do want to see Sam and Jack together, and I WANT to see THAT! LOL. But I won't stop watching the show if it doesn't.

I'm gonna be positive here and say that it will.

Wendy
                        Hugs
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

FYI, I have merged the "Unseen Kiss" (SJ Shipper thread) with this one, to keep down on diverging threads.

Thanks, shippers!

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r
                            Despite that, I do want to see Sam and Jack together, and I WANT to see THAT! LOL. But I won't stop watching the show if it doesn't.

I'm gonna be positive here and say that it will.

Wendy
                            Hugs
                            This is also my opinion ,
                            but missing me relationship (and explanation together or not) between S. & J.
                            i am a repeat 8 years relationship
                            sigpic

Comment

A while back I told someone about Potatohead. That was because JM said "she'll have a boyfriend who she'll dump like a sack of potatoes" isn't it? And It turned out to be spud himself!
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

IMO many people do not like the Sam/Jack Ship because they feel it is a threat to the Daniel character and they feel it takes time away from the Daniel and Jack scenes.IMO there are many Daniel Fans who cannot stand the Sam character and would rather have had SG-1 be a Daniel/Jack buddy Show.IMO it's also alot of Young Male Viewers who only want to see things blow up and like how trashy Vala acts.IMO there not interested in Romance.TPTB seem to be gearing the Show towards this kind of Fan.IMO SG-1 was never meant to be about trashy characters and cheap insults.

Comment

Working...
                                X