This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
    I'm on an icon spree. Do you want an icon for this thread? Heart? Sam? Jack? It's just that we've so many threads with the Piece Of Paper icon that I'm in a Making Threads Recogniseable mood today.
    can we make one with Sam and Jack kissing?

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
      Well, I never thought he had no interest. Just not at the moment The "not like this" line always did set me to thinking shippy thoughts. Anyway I can't right now but I just added 'watching the locker room scene from Broca Divide in slow motion' to my list of things to do
      me too! I am going to have to put Broca Divide on the top of my list.

Seriously, (oh, like the previous statement wasn't?) that whole locker room scene is one of the points that locked me into the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/december3.jpg
        As much as I dislike Daniel, this is really cute! Thanks, Lys. . . <g>
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
          I was just wondering if anyone has ever figured out why some people are so against Jack and Sam? I mean I understand how somw people may not agree with the two being paired, or think the writers could have done a better job, or even that it was not a realistic portrayal. Whatever. We all see different things in shows.

What confuses me is the fact that some for some people it ruins the show to the point that they have influenced the writers to try to cover it up, or lessen it, or leave it open to interpretation.

I have always had issues with Daniel. Most of the time he seemed too "out to be the saviour" or down on everything Jack or military. However, it never ruined the show. I didn't rejoice when he left for a year. I understood that for some people he was the show. It didn't matter to me.

Again. Does anyone have an opinion on why some people want to ruin the show for those of us who do want to see Sam and Jack together? Why is being anti-Sam and Jack so important to them?
          Some people just can't see them together just like a lot of us don't like Vala and Daniel and can't see them together. Why they make such a big deal?????But not all are cruel and don't always go out of their way to make us shipper miserable. Then you have the others, who would be cruel no matter what, just not nice individuals!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sky_blue_waters
            Amanda Tapping AND Carmen Argenziano are scheduled to appear at the shore-leave 28 con. Baltimore, Maryland July 7-9 2006.

SUPER SQUUUEEEE
            Wow, Sky... thanks for the news.... it seems that living in NE USA is paying off

- NY Comic Con in Feb (wonder who will come...)
            - Shore Leave in July (AT and CA....)
            - Creation in November (JF, JF, JF, JF, JF, JF, JF... oops yes and CB, Baal *bangs head... can't remember name*

Squeeee.... now I just need to drag the NEstern Shippers with me

Now I just need to try to stay here....

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by [B
              STARGATE7777[/B]]I was just wondering if anyone has ever figured out why some people are so against Jack and Sam? I mean I understand how somw people may not agree with the two being paired, or think the writers could have done a better job, or even that it was not a realistic portrayal. Whatever. We all see different things in shows.

What confuses me is the fact that some for some people it ruins the show to the point that they have influenced the writers to try to cover it up, or lessen it, or leave it open to interpretation.

I have always had issues with Daniel. Most of the time he seemed too "out to be the saviour" or down on everything Jack or military. However, it never ruined the show. I didn't rejoice when he left for a year. I understood that for some people he was the show. It didn't matter to me.

Again. Does anyone have an opinion on why some people want to ruin the show for those of us who do want to see Sam and Jack together? Why is being anti-Sam and Jack so important to them?
              Hard as I find it, some viewers just don't get it, no matter how or how many times shippers point to series canon, actors' confirmation, scenes...Just like the old adage:
              "For those who know, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

I asked your question on the Ship Discussion Thread (pg 34) and got a few responses. Mind, those posters are very reasonable, even when not compared to some other anti-ship sites or threads. Some answers start here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=672

with some shipper replies in the mix. Bottom line is we like and believe in the ship, they don't. Some seem to have stronger ties to other scifi shows as well. There are one or two posters, IMO, who are deliberately provocative but I ignore those.

Just sayin', I'm playing over here where I can soak up positive Sam/Jack shipping. It's the way to go, so I hope you stick around, STARGATE7777. Positivity, that works here!: D
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1

I'm seeing the cop with the big moustache chasing around the YMCA!

As we seem to be up for a round of Pete bashing tonight ........

Rogue here's another oldie Pete bashing pic!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                  I was just wondering if anyone has ever figured out why some people are so against Jack and Sam?

{snipped to save space}
                  The way I see it...

Most of the naysayers are "true" sci-fi fans. Like, what the heck is that? Right. Most of the time that's the folks who think there shouldn't be any type of romance whatsoever in the show.

The others are serious Sam&(anyone/thing not Jack) or Jack&(anyone/thing not Sam) shippers.

Since it is a great big ugly world out there, we get to be the minority.

That's just the way I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../sam_phone.jpg
                    Jack: Sorry to call so early Sam, but we have been called to an meeting by Hammond and other Chief-of -Staffs at the SG tomorrow. They saw the video!
                    Sam: What are they going to do?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...threads115.jpg
                    Jack: I don't know but we're not going to go down without a fight! We have saved the Earth many times over and we deserve our time! It's our time and I'm not going back!
                    Sam: I love you Jack!
                    Jack: I love you Sam and we'll get through this together.

The next day
                    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...i/039hol03.jpg
                    General Hammond: Jack I'm sorry but these pictures were sent by anonymous
                    person. If it was up to me, I would have ignore them but the rest of the chief-of-staffs couldn't turn their heads.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...pi/Jack_19.jpg
                    Jack:Well I like to see what we are up against.
                    Hammond: OK Jack. These were the ones taken on base. The ones at home could have been ignored but these........

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/Locker.jpg
                    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../samjackbd.jpg
                    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ide128_jpg.jpg
                    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ide127_jpg.jpg
                    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/70dqhi.jpg
                    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...pi/SVjack7.jpg
                    Jack:Oye!
                    End of Part 2- Who turned Sam and Jack in? Stay tuned!
                    Great work, ((**trupi**))!

Just sayin', my guess is, that disgraced senator who, when last we saw him, sported a pair of glowing eyes! Can't wait for the next set, more please!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
                      The way I see it...

Most of the naysayers are "true" sci-fi fans. Like, what the heck is that? Right. Most of the time that's the folks who think there shouldn't be any type of romance whatsoever in the show.

The others are serious Sam&(anyone/thing not Jack) or Jack&(anyone/thing not Sam) shippers.

Since it is a great big ugly world out there, we get to be the minority.

That's just the way I see it.
                      I agree with you.... and it's also made me think... what SciFi show has not had ship...

And not only SciFi.... any show... there is always the "romance" in the story... if it's not shown, people keep looking for it everywhere... so now I really don't understand those "true" scifi fans... does anybody know if in any other SciFi show... was there also a big "antishipper" group... what about the X-Files?

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                        I agree with you.... and it's also made me think... what SciFi show has not had ship...

And not only SciFi.... any show... there is always the "romance" in the story... if it's not shown, people keep looking for it everywhere... so now I really don't understand those "true" scifi fans... does anybody know if in any other SciFi show... was there also a big "antishipper" group... what about the X-Files?
                        On the Ship Discussion Thread there's mention of a Muldur/Scully ship fandom, and maybe the two who replaced them. Both 'ships resolved at the series finale.

Star Trek seemed to have kept series leads apart but ok with leads paired with others. Except in Alternate Realities (Worf and Troi, Picard and Crusher, etc) I don't recall any active 'ships.

Battlestar Galactica seems to have at least 2, involving series leads but I'm not 100% on the pairings (besides Baltar and the android, ) Nothing else comes to mind yet...

Just sayin', the anti-ship sentiments are a direct response to - PRO-SHIP sentiments!! Sam would say: "for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction." Jack would say, "when push comes to shove, shove gets pushed." Now ain't that a pair!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                          Wow, Sky... thanks for the news.... it seems that living in NE USA is paying off

- NY Comic Con in Feb (wonder who will come...)
                          - Shore Leave in July (AT and CA....)
                          - Creation in November (JF, JF, JF, JF, JF, JF, JF... oops yes and CB, Baal *bangs head... can't remember name*

Squeeee.... now I just need to drag the NEstern Shippers with me

Now I just need to try to stay here....
                          Yes, I will be going to Baltimore!!! Squee!!!
                          Still waiting for the talent lineup in NYC in FeB.
                          Creation in November??? JF, JF, JF......????
                          OT, Sam and Jack 4EVR
                          sigpic

Comment

LOL4JACK, right on! In the majority of films/television throughout history, the main premise of each has been romance. Romance is "the ticket" for entertainment. Egads, somebody stop me!

Basically, I'm an extremely analytical being. I'll take on any noromo in a minute. The beginnings of this show point directly to romance.

I'm thinking maybe one of our (S/J shipper's) biggest enemies is this Gateworld forum. The PTB watch this place and seem to "jump ships" based merely on whatever is on Page 1 at the moment. I pity the poor fans that don't ever get to this forum (I personally know three) because they are so completely and utterly dissolutioned.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              Yes, I will be going to Baltimore!!! Squee!!!
                              Still waiting for the talent lineup in NYC in FeB.
                              Creation in November??? JF, JF, JF......????
                              OT, Sam and Jack 4EVR
                              Squeee Nell.... we can become the NE Ship Squad... I'm sure Trupi is also on-board

Creation will have Joe Flanigan.... yummy actually I just checked and it get's better.... Joe Flanigan, Michael Shanks and Cliff Simon... it's like a Chippendale night CB will not be able to appear....

Comment

I am sooo looking forward to seeing Cliff Simon in person. Sigh...

As far as the sudden, or perhaps not so sudden, case of amnesia as far as Sam/Jack ship is concerned I really don't think it has all that much to do with what TPTB read on forums and/or in fan letters. I think that fan reactions may play some part in their creative decisions but I think for the most part that it's a carefully thought out and planned marketing decision. It's been shown over and over again that having romantic subtext often hooks in the viewers and playing up the sexual tension keeps viewers watching. Without RDA in the picture they can't really play that factor up any more so the only way they can keep the people who are interested in it tuning in is to keep it vague so we keep watching to see if anything every really comes of it. Which I think sucks. Not to mention that I think they're underestimating our intelligence as viewers. Having confirmation that Sam and Jack are together won't make me lose interest, in fact it may deepen my interest in the show. Then I would be able to watch the show and it's new developments without thinking "when the hell are they going to resolve the Sam/Jack stuff?" and constantly looking for any tiny tidbit that would say it they are or they aren't.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X