This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repost-thanks Cathain and Token
    Last edited by trupi; 29 November 2005, 06:09 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

A Shippy Scene I would've loved to have seen!!!!!

Jack's leaving the SGC for some downtime. He'll be driving up to Minnesota...for some fishing! As he rounds the corner..........

He runs into his fishing partner!!!

Sam!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Drive by 'ship fic recommendation!

"Feeling Challenged" by Ness
        http://angstnromance.net/fiction/sgf...hallenged.html

RST, baby!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by florence
          ((((sacme))))
          ((((mishy_mo))))

Long time no see ! What happened today that suddenly a lot of 'older' posters come back ? Not that I'll complain !

Please take a seat and stay with us for a moment !
          well, you usually see more of family during the Shipmas Season!

((((florence, suekay, stargate barbie , majorsal, Rogue, nickatell, pittsburghgirl, dipsofjazz, ses110 and all newer friends))))

ship sistah
          Last edited by sacme; 30 November 2005, 12:49 AM.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
            I guess the question I would like to ask JM would be "Why only resolve the Jack and Sam relationship at the end of the series"? I'm sure they had a very good idea that RDA was going to be leaving the show, I mean come on his time on the show was dwindling with each passing season, so why the importance of bringing them together only at the end of the series? Lets face it the way JM is talking they aren't sounding too sure that RDA will ever be returning to the show, although I don't understand all of that talk about "leaving the door open" when RDA was leaving. My point here is why not have brought Jack and Sam together when RDA left, what harm would that have caused? We don't even know what Jack is doing, I mean his exact title to know if regs are even an issue for them or not anymore, so why the cloak and dagger routine? I mean if they honestly wait until after season 10 or the end of the series to bring these two together I think only the true diehard Jack and Sam shippers would appreciate it and even we would have to admit how out of place it would be. TPTB had to know that all of the changes were coming for season 9, but now realizing that they still have a fan base (although IMO I'm not sure why) and another season, now would be the time to resolve Jack and Sam and anything after that would be extra.
            It's a rare PTB that gets ship right in my opinion. In all my ships, X-Files satisfied the most. Riker/Troi took too long-- they should have gotten together before The Next Generation tv series ended. In the end, they got together in the 3rd and 4th movie-- because of alien manipulation-- 11-15 years after the characters were introduced. You've got to be crazy to make your fans hold out that long.

Buffy/Angel never got back together after they got their own shows. Even after surviving armageddon they couldn't find their way back to each other.

What do we get? [forgive me to all who squeed more than me] They both break up with other people, Jack comforts Sam when her father dies and then the team goes fishing. I know there were moments between Sam and Jack, but no big R. If I'm not going to see the two of them together ever again, you better give me the big R before it's over. Lost opportunity. Lost forever. I know there are fish in Jack's damn lake, but I don't know what happens to Sam and Jack. That's just perfect. Thanks for that.

Every episode of last season I kept thinking, OMG they only have blank eps left. Why are they wasting so much time! They could have done it right and still had great "team" episodes-- even though Jack was no longer part of the team. They could have been allowing Jack and Sam to slowly find each other throughout the season, peppering many episodes, bringing their relationship from a simmer to a boil (melting the heart of every lovely shipper). But, no.

IMO, The X-Files was able to accomplish this. They actually thought about it and gave us an arc that led us to the breathless grand finale. It was fulfilling.

Is it that hard to write fulfilling? I guess it is looking at my track record.

ship sistah
            Last edited by sacme; 30 November 2005, 12:29 AM.

Comment

With the X-files even though DD left, he did return to keep his character alive and they did continue referencing to him when he wasn't there; so the proper resolution between him and Scully was still believable and not so out of place. If RDA is not going to be back then TPTB missed the boat and our chance of ever seeing a big honkin real kiss between jack and sam sailed off with it. The problem I have is that TPTB don't even seem to be working on any type of a storyline between Jack and Sam.
              Sorry for talking so much about The X-Files, but I've rediscovered my love for the show since I've been watching it again. It's my only ship fix at the mo.

This ending scene of the 8th season finale, before Duchovny leaves the show (until the series finale the next year), maybe lasted a minute and a half. But it left me speechless, my heart was full and my eyes were wet. Damn! Seeing it again reminded me of why I became a shipper. Resolution is a glorious thing. And you're exactly right, even when Duchovny wasn't there, his character was still integral to the show and the continuing plots. They paid homage to the Mulder character no matter what new characters they introduced.

What happened on Stargate?! Who fell asleep-- or maybe didn't get enough sleep-- and didn't put any time or effort into making an ecstatic ending for us and the characters. They went so simple, instead of complex. Man, that boyfriend/girlfriend angle they used to keep J/S apart is so old. The regs issue was no longer an issue since RDA was leaving.

Damn, I'm gonna start crying again.

ship sistah

Comment

This may cheer you, during the 2 seasons Mulder wasn't in the show, I bet the fans on the net were saying the same kind of things I've seen here lately

Perhaps there's a lesson there.

Originally posted by sacme
                Sorry for talking so much about The X-Files, but I've rediscovered my love for the show since I've been watching it again. It's my only ship fix at the mo.

This ending scene of the 8th season finale, before Duchovny leaves the show (until the series finale the next year), maybe lasted a minute and a half. But it left me speechless, my heart was full and my eyes were wet. Damn! Seeing it again reminded me of why I became a shipper. Resolution is a glorious thing. And you're exactly right, even when Duchovny wasn't there, his character was still integral to the show and the continuing plots. They paid homage to the Mulder character no matter what new characters they introduced.

What happened on Stargate?! Who fell asleep-- or maybe didn't get enough sleep-- and didn't put any time or effort into making an ecstatic ending for us and the characters. They went so simple, instead of complex. Man, that boyfriend/girlfriend angle they used to keep J/S apart is so old. The regs issue was no longer an issue since RDA was leaving.

Damn, I'm gonna start crying again.

ship sistah
                sigpic

Comment

Jack: Sam waki-waki! Time to get up and move the thread along!
                  Sam: Where is everyone!
                  Jack: Their're all depressed because they think we're not together!
                  Sam: Yeh right-heh-heh-if we're not together why are you in my bedroom and I'm nake?

Be Happy and Have Fun!
                  sigpic

Comment

((((Sacme))) Don't worry ..it's nice to talk x-files - Happy memories

((((Myrth))) I think all x-files fans missed Mulder of course and they resented the newcomers but the newcomers were really smart and they had some great episodes too ...Most of them were related to Scully , her baby and Mulder anyway ..so Mulder was always present in spirit even if we didn't see him ...and I saw a lot of shippy episodes without him only because Skinner , Doggett and Reyes were talking about him and Scully was always thinking about him too ..The baby I suppose helped convey the feeling because he was his son ....I'm glad Duchovny came back to the show for the end ..smart thing to do for Scully and Gillian Anderson The final was great ,...full circle to the same motel room where they met ...only problem William was not with them but The last scene is very intense , beautiful but sad .It's a Half happy ending I suppose because of what they learnt just before about the coming alien invasion , baby gone and them being fugitives ...but they are now together .

JAG is another who delivered a very shippy ending ..That was brilliant , very well done and the stories up to the very end were pure genius

Tptb SG1 needs to follow those examples to make a ship well worth watching ..there is no point in ignoring a ship which has been consistent for 8 years ..It needs to end ...right ...but the proper way ..either with a happy ending or half one but needs to be visual to not alienate all those shipper fans who followed the love story for so long ..SG1 tptb don't get it ..and I don't understand their way of thinking too because I will not buy season 9 and 10 ..so what do they gain by doing that !!! It's not hard to have one of them ...like Sam in that case talk about Jack every so often just to let the shippers know that everything is alrigh .It could be shippy and please the shippers .!!!

Caty

Comment

I just watched shippy scenes from Point of View----squee!! AU Sam and RT (real time) Jack had some sizzlin' chemistry!! And with that in mind, I'm off to work and RL.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                        A Shippy Scene I would've loved to have seen!!!!!

Jack's leaving the SGC for some downtime. He'll be driving up to Minnesota...for some fishing! As he rounds the corner..........

He runs into his fishing partner!!!

Sam!!!
                        A winner, nell!

Just sayin' maybe they did...
                        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                        sigpic
                        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

(((((((( Nell ))))))) do you have a listing of who are suppose to be borrowing my book 1 . If you have the names, I would appreciate knowing to whom I am to send it and how many so I can send the proper number of bookmarks.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                            well, you usually see more of family during the Shipmas Season!

((((florence, suekay, stargate barbie , majorsal, Rogue, nickatell, pittsburghgirl, dipsofjazz, ses110 and all newer friends))))

ship sistah

heh heh feeling the shipper family luv

sorry ive been away for a while lol (((((((shipper family)))))) and of course ....

*clears throat*

LONG LIVE SAM AND JACK!
                            Carolyn

Comment

Sacme I agree with you totally. TPTB knew that RDA was clearly intending to leave the show as a regular and they had plenty of time to come up with a spectacular ending for Jack and Sam and then they could have gone back to business as usual with all the changes for season 9. I guess that is what hurts me the most, TPTB had the time and they simply chose to ignore it. I think it is funny, the whole time we have been asking for more Jack and Sam and all TPTB kept telling us was that it is not the Sam and Jack hour but a team show, and now when Jack is gone they have no idea what to do with Sam so push her aside and instead concentrate on Daniel and the new characters, what happened to the team? I really feel that with Jack leaving they have no idea what to do with Teal'c either.

I also agree Sacme it is very hard for me to go back and watch any of the old seasons because they remind me how much these two mean to each other but without seeing any of the "coming together" it makes it all so very sad. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed Threads a great deal, it was leading up to what could have been a fantastic resolution; but when they gave us Moebius as the conclusion it didn't add up. I know, I know a slightly different timeline but it wasn't our Jack, a private man who fights his emotions, who has trouble verbalizing his feelings especially for Sam finally overcoming this and now making his feelings known to everyone. He is a man who has been confronted with all sorts of dangers and battled through them and yet it would have been humbling to see this man stumble through his profession of love for Sam. And Sam who has analyzed this relationship probably from the start, figured out every angle it could take, thought out the pros and the cons, tried to forget about even having feelings for Jack, even had Jack in her mind tell her it was okay to move on, it would have been great to finally let this woman of science let her brain rest and speak from her heart instead. These are the moments that I would like to see, of course ending their segment of the show with a body quivering kiss. Seeing this would have brought meaning to their story; but instead we got yet again another slightly different Jack and Sam; great but not the originals. As others have said it could have been worse, but my mind won't let go of it could have been better.

Comment

Sacme I agree with you totally. TPTB knew that RDA was clearly intending to leave the show as a regular and they had plenty of time to come up with a spectacular ending for Jack and Sam and then they could have gone back to business as usual with all the changes for season 9. I guess that is what hurts me the most, TPTB had the time and they simply chose to ignore it. I think it is funny, the whole time we have been asking for more Jack and Sam and all TPTB kept telling us was that it is not the Sam and Jack hour but a team show, and now when Jack is gone they have no idea what to do with Sam so push her aside and instead concentrate on Daniel and the new characters, what happened to the team? I really feel that with Jack leaving they have no idea what to do with Teal'c either.

I also agree Sacme it is very hard for me to go back and watch any of the old seasons because they remind me how much these two mean to each other but without seeing any of the "coming together" it makes it all so very sad. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed Threads a great deal, it was leading up to what could have been a fantastic resolution; but when they gave us Moebius as the conclusion it didn't add up. I know, I know a slightly different timeline but it wasn't our Jack, a private man who fights his emotions, who has trouble verbalizing his feelings especially for Sam finally overcoming this and now making his feelings known to everyone. He is a man who has been confronted with all sorts of dangers and battled through them and yet it would have been humbling to see this man stumble through his profession of love for Sam. And Sam who has analyzed this relationship probably from the start, figured out every angle it could take, thought out the pros and the cons, tried to forget about even having feelings for Jack, even had Jack in her mind tell her it was okay to move on, it would have been great to finally let this woman of science let her brain rest and speak from her heart instead. These are the moments that I would like to see, of course ending their segment of the show with a body quivering kiss. Seeing this would have brought meaning to their story; but instead we got yet again another slightly different Jack and Sam; great but not the originals. As others have said it could have been worse, but my mind won't let go of it could have been better.
                                This is a great post. I feel the exact same way. I would be willing to accept most of the changes if they had only given Sam and Jack a proper ending. For me Threads and Moebius fell way short of my expectations.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X