This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    If there is a will, there is a way. It seems that TPTB don't have the will to write Sam or Sam and Jack.

I just want to know what they are going to do the next time they need to blow up a Sun? They are going to look a Vala and she make some snarky remark like "Lets make babies"?
    well evidently they are making babies.
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
      Here Dani.

Now I THINK this is Mala's. But please someone tell me if I'm wrong. I've been away from Shippertown for a long time *hangs head in shame* And I've forgotten a few things...
      Just reposting!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
        *poking head in*
        Hi guys! (most of whom probably have no idea I was once upon a time a huuuge shipper.... until they killed my enjoyment of it

Aaaaanyway, passing on a message from lostelf, I'm not sure if it's already been noted here, but apparantly she just bought the s8 box set of r1 DVD's and it contains the COMPLETE version of Threads - 1 hour and 5 mins of it

Now, if only they'd include the commentary so we could hear alllll about all the good conclusive shippiness.....
        Hi KG, nice to see you back here. Say 'hi' to LE from me too. I'm sure she'll be having a great time watching the full version of Threads. I hope we get a commentary, as it really would be great to hear all about the shippy bits, especially if someone like Amanda was to do it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
          (((kiwigater))) fellow shipwreck survivor

I'm basically writing this post in tears. I just finished watching the last 4 eps of season 8 of The X-Files. After many threats and trevails from alien replicants/human replacements/super soldiers and Krychek, Scully just gave birth. And the ending scene had Mulder acknowledging his parenthood, holding his newborn and kissing his love, Scully.

Now, as a shipper, this is as good as it gets. And this is as good as it has ever gotten for this particular shipper. Almost all of my ships have gone down in flames or died a slow death of neglect. Shippers know they're going to be put through a lot. We know the writers are going to drag it out and put up roadblock after Pitfall-- but as long as we get a good resolution, all will be forgiven. As long as 'ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough and ain't no river wide enough' to keep our couple from being together in the end, us shippers can put up with almost anything.

All we ask is that TPTB give us our due. Just give us what we've been waiting for. Just show us the love for investing (literally) in your story and characters. Give us the respect to make it a priority that we get the payoff that we deserve.

Early last night I rewatched Grace. That's the episode that brought me to Gateworld because I was so disturbed by the idea that they had just killed the Sam/Jack ship. I went online looking to see what other people were thinking about what seemed like the most beautiful goodbye kiss ever. We all know now that it was the beginning of a very difficult time for Sam/Jack shippers-- and thank God for the shipper family that helped me get through it. The hugs and laughs and creativity were wonderful.

Then later, as I said, I relived one of the most romantic moments in tv history. Mulder and Scully were in love and showing their affection for each other and were now a family. I know things get complicated again later, but it doesn't matter. I got my payoff big time. I forgive all the confusion and everything else before that moment, because in the end they gave it to me. They gave me the big R. And I'm so grateful. I know as shippers you'll understand my wacky emotions and tears. It just means a lot to me that The X-Files PTB gave shippers a real solid for their devotion.

And it pains me that I will never get that for Sam and Jack. I'll get over it, like I have before, but I'll never understand why they just couldn't do it. I don't read spoilers, so even if there were some last minute attempt at a true, non-subtle resolution, I just know it would turn out half-assed and too little too late. They had their chance-- and like most of my other ships-- they took a dive. After seeing what The X-Files did, I can't help but think that the big R really could have been beautiful for Sam and Jack... if they had only tried.

so, so weepy,
          ship sistah
          *hands ship sistah a tissue* ((((((Sacme))))))) It's so nice to see you back, even though you're upset. I think that everyone agrees that TPTB missed the chance to resolve our ship, but I'm still hanging on hoping...praying...for our resolution...and a BIG HONKIN' KISS!!
          sigpic

Comment

I think if it does happen, whenever it does happen, it'll be one of those things we hear about at the last minute and then they'll say: "See? We told you it'd happen!"

Much of that, I really believe, depends on whether RDA decides to return for any more guest spots on episodes.

But I will say this .... if they don't resolve it in canon one way or another, I'd rather Sam Carter never got involved with anyone else, because to my mind, before she was able to have romantic feelings for a different person, they'd have to resolve the story they canonized in "Threads", or it'd be ridiculous. At the very least, she'd have to admit to having tried with Jack, before moving on (on screen). I take some comfort in that, because I don't believe they'd do that either. So hey, as long as there's no one else in Carter's romantic horizons, the shipper in me can continue to stick with folks like Anni, who don't have any doubt that they've been together (of screen) since "Threads".

Ta,
            mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              I hope you all like it ! And if you LOL, then my work here is done, 'cause that's the intent! I guess you'll get a good idea of just exactly what kind of 'shipper I really am!

I now present you with...

An early HOLIDAY gift to you all...

Mr. and Mrs.,
              General and Lt. Colonel,
              Jack and Samantha
              Carter-O'Neill !!!

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6...etch05a5uw.jpg

LMAO !! your job is done and well done !! (I'd rep you again if I could )

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                LMAO !! your job is done and well done !! (I'd rep you again if I could )
                My sentiments exactly that is soo cool!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  nell I hate to bring more bad news and just in case anyone was not sure what TPTB think about the Sam/Jack Ship take a look at the following from ask JM.

Speaking of spinning stories. If Rick does re-appear for any epsiodes in season ten, is there some possibility, any possibility at all, that there'd be some kind of mention wherein there's even a glimpse of a hope for Sam/Jack? I know you've said you "don't know" if there will ever be a resolution, and I get that. But I'd like to get a sense of whether that's because the other producers would rather never deal with it again, or whether there's any hope at all. Assuming Rick was able to come back for a guest spot, what would be the reason there'd be no further mention whatsoever of the pretty undeniable character evolution(s) that happened in "Threads"? Is it a taboo topic at the writer's table there or something?

mini

A possible Sam/Jack storyline/scene/suggestion is really the farthest thing from our minds at the moment. I've often said it would have been a nice way to end the series but, at present, O'Neill is no longer on the show and we're focused on coming up with stories for season10.

It sounds like even if RDA does do a Season 10 episode we still may not get Sam/Jack Ship.I guess watching the rest of Season 9 and 10 will be the farthest thing from my mind.
                  I went to the stargate props web site today and on the front page was the Sam and Jack wedding picture for sale. It was the only picture on the front page for sale. Not Daniel and Jack, not Teal'c and Jack, but Sam and Jack. Also for sale was a pair of Sam and Jack dogtags. Sam and Jack are still a popular pairing even though TPTB want to ignore it.
                  Last edited by Rogue; 29 November 2005, 12:38 PM.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Your right Pittsburghgirl.TPTB are afraid to come out and say Sam/Jack is dead.I'am not afraid to say I'am done with this Show.I need a long break from Stargate.I'll be watching Lost.A Show where TPTB are not afraid to deal with the Ship because TPTB are adults and are talented.You will probably not see me on the forum for a long Time.Good luck to those Shippers who will contine to watch SG-1.

Comment

Wow A lot of shippers posting tonight !!!!

(((Nickatell))) ..like always ..great post ..you are so right about x-files ..Mulder was not forgotten ..Scully was talking about him and even he had some episodes like "Trust no one" which were all about him and Scully without even seeing him ..and that was original thinking back about it

SG1 is becoming incredibly boring to me and I find the lack of Jack comments disrespectful to the character and the actor

(((Ses)))) ..I 'm with you on what you said .I don't give a damn about SG1 now....it's definately not my number 1 show anymore ..actually it 's not even in my favourite list anymore . I like ship in sci-fi shows but I like beautiful ship with an ending that the characters deserve like JAG , Farscape , X-files ( could have been better if the baby was there obviuosly but it's sci-fi so it will pass ...)

Caty

Comment

TPTB (okay JM) have said RDA is gone so how can you have S/J ship on S9, yet if RDA hadn't left and was a regular character, i.e. still head of SGC, they would say we can't have them as a couple because of the regs. Which is why, since they knew RDA was leaving, they should have given us THE KISS in Threads and-- since they always brought up those pesky regs--have Jack already knowing he was leaving as Sam's CO. Instead we got Moebius (which I enjoyed BTW) with an alt. Sam/Jack kiss. NOT THE SAME!

So while I miss RDA terribly, having him a regular in S9 would still have been full of frustration for shippers, and we'd probably not even have had Threads in S8.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          (((Kiwi)))

You're not a shipper anymore?
                          Well, I wouldn't say THAT!
                          It's more that I have accepted we won't be seeing real ship on the show - pretty much ever... In my mind I believe that Sam and Jack are together, and happy, and just being private about it - no dramas, no disasters, just getting on with their lives
                          MHO is that TPTB gave us as close to a confirmation as possible that they are a couple in Threads and in *mind blank* the one where Barret asks Sam out and she says she's "sort of" seeing someone.

I guess I just don't expect TPTB to cause massive uproar in the fan community when I feel like tensions have eased considerably (compared to the fiasco....). My personal opinion is that we've gotten all we can reasonably expect, that the show has moved on, and I'm happy with that

Of course, I fully expect IF RDA makes guest appearances we might see some hint of them being a couple, but I'm not campaining for it.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            Hi KG, nice to see you back here. Say 'hi' to LE from me too. I'm sure she'll be having a great time watching the full version of Threads. I hope we get a commentary, as it really would be great to hear all about the shippy bits, especially if someone like Amanda was to do it.
                            I know! I'm just hanging out to hear them explain what the snuggling and the "always" bit means.... to them. I know what it means to me - that they're a couple!

Comment

I am going to make an observation and before I do I want to say this is only an observation and not a pro or anti opinion in any way. Please do not take it wrong.

I have noticed that more of those on this thread who are now watching the first half of Season 9 ( mainly UK watchers, I guess) seem to like S9 at a greater rate than those who watched it earlier in the US. As I said, this is only an observation and maybe my powers of observation aren't all that great and I'm wrong, but assuming I am right I find it interesting. Talking about this thread only.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                                I know! I'm just hanging out to hear them explain what the snuggling and the "always" bit means.... to them. I know what it means to me - that they're a couple!
                                Did you mean in your earlier post that it's only 105 minutes without the ads?

Comment

Working...
                                X