Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huh, interesting. I haven't been around enough lately to comment, but I am curious, why do you think that is?
    and is it a good thing? I think so - it's not the same SG1 we loved a few years back, but I think it's worth giving it a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      I went to the stargate props web site today and on the front page was the Sam and Jack wedding picture for sale. It was the only picture on the front page for sale. Not Daniel and Jack, not Teal'c and Jack, but Sam and Jack. Also for sale was a pair of Sam and Jack dogtags. Sam and Jack are still a popular pairing even though TPTB want to ignore it.
      I know i was at Gabit and the Legends stall were selling the wedding picture and when i asked if they had anymore s/j stuff they said they will be doing a range in the future.Btw i got a wedding pic signed by both RDA and AT.<VBG>

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        I am going to make an observation and before I do I want to say this is only an observation and not a pro or anti opinion in any way. Please do not take it wrong.

I have noticed that more of those on this thread who are now watching the first half of Season 9 ( mainly UK watchers, I guess) seem to like S9 at a greater rate than those who watched it earlier in the US. As I said, this is only an observation and maybe my powers of observation aren't all that great and I'm wrong, but assuming I am right I find it interesting. Talking about this thread only.

Which comes to ask that question

If Lost and Stargate sg1 season 9 were in the same timeslot ..I wonder what we will be watching ..!!??

Not hard for me , I will not miss an episode of Lost

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
          TPTB (okay JM) have said RDA is gone so how can you have S/J ship on S9, yet if RDA hadn't left and was a regular character, i.e. still head of SGC, they would say we can't have them as a couple because of the regs. Which is why, since they knew RDA was leaving, they should have given us THE KISS in Threads and-- since they always brought up those pesky regs--have Jack already knowing he was leaving as Sam's CO. Instead we got Moebius (which I enjoyed BTW) with an alt. Sam/Jack kiss. NOT THE SAME!

So while I miss RDA terribly, having him a regular in S9 would still have been full of frustration for shippers, and we'd probably not even have had Threads in S8.

But you can have ship with one character missing .....

....they did it in the x-files in the episode "Trust no one" ..It was shippy and Mulder was not in there except when we saw his body double running across the quary from very far away ...so that says ..

It can be done , do you understand TPTB ???!!!

Caty

Comment

for the record i am mostly enjoying season 9 so far with one or two exceptions. i'm enjoying it a heck of a lot more when sam is in it though. and i loved ex deus machina, for many reasons, and i can't help but wonder was my opinion influenced by a certain scene which was to me as good as smacking us in the face with a wet fish that had "sam and jack are together" written on it.

although tonight i wasn't really paying 100% full attention (i'll watch it again later, i promise) but when cam said
            Spoiler:

head back to the gate, i've got your six" (something like that), all i could think was, hey who do ya think you're ordering around buddy!?
            then sam called him cameron, so i took it as more of a team of equals thing than a specific chain of command thing

but now i'm deviating from the ship so i'll stop. a few more passing comments to keep the ship (and jack) alive wouldn't go amiss though. but hey, they're together and so long as that doesn't change, i'm happy.

Comment

Hmmmmm, food for thought.

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                Hmmmmm, food for thought.
                food? what kind of food? like, cookie, kind of food?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Hi guys,

Seems we could use some cheering up! I know some of you are aware these sketches are a long time in coming. They took a long time to do! And they're a different style than some of the more realistic stuff. The genre is more comic book (esque), which means the lines are a little more definite and the features are a little less soft. I hope you all like it ! And if you LOL, then my work here is done, 'cause that's the intent! I guess you'll get a good idea of just exactly what kind of 'shipper I really am!

I now present you with...

An early HOLIDAY gift to you all...

Mr. and Mrs.,
                  General and Lt. Colonel,
                  Jack and Samantha
                  Carter-O'Neill !!!

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6...etch05a5uw.jpg
                  Please do not remove or repost this sketch.
                  If you want a larger copy for personal collection only,
                  PM me and I'll see what I can do.

PS-> I posted a down and dirty, comic book heroine kick-yer-butt-into-next-week Sam Carter sketch to the SaGC thread as well, if you haven't seen it and want to, it's here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...6913&page=1118

Much Love To All,
                  mini
                  ((((mini)))) Your drawings are rockin'!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    I think if it does happen, whenever it does happen, it'll be one of those things we hear about at the last minute and then they'll say: "See? We told you it'd happen!"

Much of that, I really believe, depends on whether RDA decides to return for any more guest spots on episodes.

But I will say this .... if they don't resolve it in canon one way or another, I'd rather Sam Carter never got involved with anyone else, because to my mind, before she was able to have romantic feelings for a different person, they'd have to resolve the story they canonized in "Threads", or it'd be ridiculous. At the very least, she'd have to admit to having tried with Jack, before moving on (on screen). I take some comfort in that, because I don't believe they'd do that either. So hey, as long as there's no one else in Carter's romantic horizons, the shipper in me can continue to stick with folks like Anni, who don't have any doubt that they've been together (of screen) since "Threads".

Ta,
                    mini
                    Yes. Yes. Yes!!! I agree that as long as Sam does not have a new romantic interest that means she is in a relationship with Jack. That's my story and I"m stickin' to it!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                      I guess the question I would like to ask JM would be "Why only resolve the Jack and Sam relationship at the end of the series"? I'm sure they had a very good idea that RDA was going to be leaving the show, I mean come on his time on the show was dwindling with each passing season, so why the importance of bringing them together only at the end of the series? Lets face it the way JM is talking they aren't sounding too sure that RDA will ever be returning to the show, although I don't understand all of that talk about "leaving the door open" when RDA was leaving. My point here is why not have brought Jack and Sam together when RDA left, what harm would that have caused? We don't even know what Jack is doing, I mean his exact title to know if regs are even an issue for them or not anymore, so why the cloak and dagger routine? I mean if they honestly wait until after season 10 or the end of the series to bring these two together I think only the true diehard Jack and Sam shippers would appreciate it and even we would have to admit how out of place it would be. TPTB had to know that all of the changes were coming for season 9, but now realizing that they still have a fan base (although IMO I'm not sure why) and another season, now would be the time to resolve Jack and Sam and anything after that would be extra.
                      I'm wondering if RDA signed on to do fewer cameos than TPTB initially planned for (the rumour was that he'd be in 4 eps and so far he's only been in 2) and they were planning to say what exactly it was that he was doing and give him a proper send off, but for whatever reason, he decided not to come back for later episodes (and who can blame him, he's within his rights not to do so, assuming he didn't sign a watertight contract).

Although if they definitely knew he wasn't coming back, they should have at least written something into the show-in the second half of season 9 at the latest.

Sorry pure speculation...

On the ship front, I suppose I shall have to return to my original thought and regard Threads (and to a certain extent Moebius-although I still don't know what to make of the ship in that ep) as all the ship resolution we are likely to get. I think I'll be watching seasons 1-8 a lot and reading loads of wonderful fanfic.

If you want to see a really subtle ship resolution, I suggest you track down episodes of Dempsey & Makepeace (a 1980s British cop show), which I may have mentioned a few hundred pages ago. The ship was resolved there, actually in the last minute of the final ep, by Makepeace agreeing to stay in the police force (& thus continuing to work with Dempsey. I don't think they have frat regs in the British police force). I will have to track the transcript of that last episode down, but I don't think that there were any dramatic declarations of love (I was only about 13 when it was on) and there certainly wasn't a big honking kiss (I was most annoyed by that at the time). Lots of angst when they weren't solving cases though...

Anyway, I digress...

While I think that, as we are all members of the same large worldwide family, everybody should come here to discuss any s/j ship related stuff that they want to (including frustration at the lack of said ship in season 9/10 etc), I can see myself inhabiting this thread to mull over the ship factor in the 1st 8 seasons. Good times (apart from about whom the less said the better). I also think that that the various ship celebrations ( annual ship day, shipmas, shipsgiving etc) are a fantastic idea. Thanks again to the ship ship hooray special ops team. I'm looking forward to taking a more active part in the celebrations once the PhD thesis is submitted (next week with any luck!)

Wow-when I started this post, I didn't think it would be anywhere near as long as this! Thanks to anyone who's made it this far!!
                      always and forever
                      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                        Yes. Yes. Yes!!! I agree that as long as Sam does not have a new romantic interest that means she is in a relationship with Jack. That's my story and I"m stickin' to it!!!
                        Mine too!!
                        always and forever
                        My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                        My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                          I guess the question I would like to ask JM would be "Why only resolve the Jack and Sam relationship at the end of the series"? I'm sure they had a very good idea that RDA was going to be leaving the show, I mean come on his time on the show was dwindling with each passing season, so why the importance of bringing them together only at the end of the series? Lets face it the way JM is talking they aren't sounding too sure that RDA will ever be returning to the show, although I don't understand all of that talk about "leaving the door open" when RDA was leaving. My point here is why not have brought Jack and Sam together when RDA left, what harm would that have caused? We don't even know what Jack is doing, I mean his exact title to know if regs are even an issue for them or not anymore, so why the cloak and dagger routine? I mean if they honestly wait until after season 10 or the end of the series to bring these two together I think only the true diehard Jack and Sam shippers would appreciate it and even we would have to admit how out of place it would be. TPTB had to know that all of the changes were coming for season 9, but now realizing that they still have a fan base (although IMO I'm not sure why) and another season, now would be the time to resolve Jack and Sam and anything after that would be extra.

good questions, nickatell, and ones that joe will not answer.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                            Hi Shipper Family...

This is my 600 post... *sigh* ships goes so fast, it seem only yesterday when our Sam and Jack were stepping together thru that gate

And that brought me to this post.. I was wondering what would they be doing now, we all know they have been fishing and well, all that time that Sam has off right now and Jack being so busy in Washington (yeah, sure!)... we all know where they are so we will leave them on their own...., they do need intimacy after all these years in front of the regs..., so I would like to commemorate the begining of the journey and where they are in their lives today

"For Once In My Life"

For once in my life I have someone who needs me
                            Someone I've needed so long
                            For once, unafraid, I can go where life leads me
                            And somehow I know I'll be strong

For once I can touch what my heart used to dream of
                            Long before I knew
                            Someone warm like you
                            Would make my dreams come true

For once in my life I won't let sorrow hurt me
                            Not like it hurt me before
                            For one, I have something I know won't desert me
                            I'm not alone anymore

For once, I can say, this is mine, you can't take it
                            As long as I know I have love, I can make it
                            For once in my life, I have someone who needs me
                            Repost
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                              Repost
                              Thanks, trupi!!! After some sharing of sad, frustrated, and angry feelings in this safe place, it's time to reflect on those good Shippy times and imagine all the new ones for Sam and Jack.

BTW, here's another post-Threads Sam and Jack Shippy story by Ruralstar.

http://www.geocities.com/ruralstar1970/ALWAYS.html
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                                Just for Sue! I had to make them smaller because they would have been way too big!

(((((((((()))))))))))

Repost
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X