Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay...I'm needing help capping...I've got some free software, but when I try and cap, all I get is a blank screen or the image still seems to be on the media player...do you understand what I mean?????
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Pittsburg Girl, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are not working any crazy shift or something and you are enjoying your time at home

SueKay, Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!! we missed you and I hope you have the chance to catch up with Shipsgiving

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        Okay...I'm needing help capping...I've got some free software, but when I try and cap, all I get is a blank screen or the image still seems to be on the media player...do you understand what I mean?????
        SueKay, I don'y know anything about capping... .but I would knock on Florence and Lys's "PM" box because for me they are experts

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
          SueKay, I don'y know anything about capping... .but I would knock on Florence and Lys's "PM" box because for me they are experts
          Well, I wouldn't call me an 'expert' but I've learnt a few things so I could maybe help you... PM or mail me
          Btw, welcome back sueKay !!! Too bad that you missed Shipsgiving, but be sure not to miss Shipmas !
          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

I can help you out with that too if someone hasn't already put you on the right track Sue

sigpic

Comment

Okay...my problem is...I try to cap, but when I either cap or use 'print screen', the window is copied, but the image isn't...It's some sort of thing to stop piracy

Haven't had chance to look at Shipsgiving yet...I've set up the computer all by myself and I'm now taking advantage of d/ling loads of things I couldn't before!
              sigpic

Comment

I'll post this here for anyone interested.

I find it comes down to the media player you're using. Windows Media Player won't allow you to cap images (at least that I know of). The best program I've found is Nero Showtime (you can download a trial of the nero digital suite, which I can "help" you with if you e-mail me @ www.nero.com) as it has a built in capture button and allows you to forward a video frame by frame. I cap all the stuff @ Wicked Grins that way. So once you've hit the capture button in nero you do a new image in your photo program (i use photoshop but you can use anything, including paint) and then paste the capture in.

And that's it.

Okay...my problem is...I try to cap, but when I either cap or use 'print screen', the window is copied, but the image isn't...It's some sort of thing to stop piracy

Haven't had chance to look at Shipsgiving yet...I've set up the computer all by myself and I'm now taking advantage of d/ling loads of things I couldn't before!
                sigpic

Comment

What program do you use ? You're trying to make caps from DVDs ? Cause I did and I didn't have any problems about that anti-piracy thing.
                  To make caps from DVDs, I use Power DVD (really easy, you just have to click on the cap button, and your cap is done and stored in a folder on your comp). But it's not a free software.
                  And to make caps from files, I can use Windows Media Player too (it doesn't work for DVDs). When you find the pic you want, you type CTRL+I and your cap is done (longer and more boring than the other program though).
                  Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

thanks guys!!!!

I'm backing up my shippy artwork just now, but I'll try capping again later, and I'll see how it goes
                    sigpic

Comment

for all the birthday wishes-thank you so much.

you guys are the greatest.

rosemary
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PITTBURGHGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you're having a great day
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                          for all the birthday wishes-thank you so much.

you guys are the greatest.

rosemary

A very happy birthday pittsburghgirl

Caty

Comment

Happy Birthday Pittsburghgirl!

Last edited by dipsofjazz; 26 November 2005, 10:19 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Happy birthday!

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

Happy Birthday Pittburghgirl.
                                Hope you had an enjoyable day

Comment

Working...
                                X